The Unit

The Conduit

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 19, 2008 on CBS

• Needed a little more work, like Mack's Australian accent.

This weeks episode starts with Bob posing as a chemist professor and is 'kidnapped' by a drugs cartel to help them convert cocaine to paint then back again so it can be smuggled across the boarder on planes, the cartel bring in Bob's partners who happen to be Jonas and Charles, Mack on the other hand is posing as an Australian bare knuckle fighter ( with a bad Aussie accent I might add ) in order to kidnap an associate of the drugs cartel who Bob, Jonas & Charles are working for, this three are trying to kidnap the main man of the cartel the only problem is there is only one pick up and Col Ryan must get a senior staff member of congress to sign off so he can get the sub to pick up both teams.

On the home front Lissy is in trouble again with the school who see her as some sort of threat or suicide victim because of her strange acting and knowledge in guns, to stop the head principle from snooping too much Molly devise's a plan for Kim to play Tiffy and Lissy's psychiatrist however when they are caught out by the principle Molly comes to the rescue.

The episode was good but not the best we've had this season and I think if memory serve's me correct this is the first time a mission has failed, I know we've had missions that don't go exactly to plan and have to be changed at the last minute but never a failed one, so it was comforting to actually see an episode where this happened. Was'nt too keen on the home front situation with the females, for me it seemed as if the writers put this in at the last minute just to give the girls some air time, what happened to Kim Brown going back to her employers to snoop in his office regarding the leaflet she found last week…. Oh well next weeks looks exciting.
  • good episode

Bob, Jonas, and Charlie are undercover as chemists and are kidnapped and ordered to make cocaine into paint so it could be smuggled easier. Interesting... I thought it was hilarious seeing them in their nerd cover. It was interesting seeing their plan unfold. Meanwhile, Mack is undercover as a fighter. It'll be interesting to see how he gets back home because no one went to pick him up. Overall, both stories were interesting, but nothing amazing. At home, Tiffy's daughter gets in trouble at school. I didn't really like this story line. It seemed unrealistic and far-fetched. Overall, however, this was another solid episode.
  • Bob gets kidnapped by a drug cartel.

Another action packed episode of The Unit. We had drugs, murder, deceit, and some underground street fighting. What more could you ask for?

The Unit just seems to be on fire in Season 4. The stuff with the women is my only complaint, but when Molly was trying to call Kim to save the cover did have me on the edge of my seat wondering if it was going to be blown. It's effective for building up female viewers, but their efforts just can't compare to the men in the field.

Being a big MMA fan I like seeing "Finley" fight, but the payoff to the storyline was kind of weak. I wanted to see him battle the monster, not run away from it. I can't wait for next week's episode where we'll see if he can find his way back after being stranded on the beach.