The Unit

The Last Nazi

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Feb 15, 2009 on CBS

• the unit season 4 episode 14 the last nazi

Never send a man to do a women's job
  • The Unit must save a Nazi.

The Unit somehow managed to make a Barry Corbin appearance boring. The man who stole scenes on Dallas, and more recently One Tree Hill was bland as day here. Robert Patrick's storyline was also as dull as they come, with an awkward sex scene and pointless, space-filling flashbacks.

Luckily the women were kept to a minimum, but the main "heist" by The Unit was one of the worst of the season. The shooting was not exciting, Jonas didn't have any of his usual snappy lines and the rest of the cast was just sort of there.

The Unit's fate has yet to be determined but this episode certainly did them no favors toward getting a renewal.
  • I love The Unit but I hated this episode. I thought that the writing was terrible and seemed very out of character. I was so disappointed with this episode and am not liking the turn this season has taken.

I love The Unit but I hated this episode. I thought that the writing was terrible and seemed very out of character. What was with Ryan and Charlotte? Since when does she chain smoke and to me it looked like she was smoking a joint in her first shot.

I hate the storyline with Grey and that woman. One conversation in a car (previous episode) and suddenly he is in love with her? And then when her father's friend came to see Molly it just seemed to drag on and on. What was the point of them sitting at the table while Molly and Bob's wife watched on the surveillance video?

The way that they carried out their "kidnapping" of the Last Nazi was totally botched and I thought very un-Jonas like - walking into that room ahead of that man so that he could get knocked out and how could they have missed that that woman was waiting there with a gun.

I just thought the entire episode was poorly written and the characters were not acting like themselves.
    The worst episode of The Unit of them all IMO.
  • Not the reason I watch this Show. I'm fan of the series but not this episode.

This episode was terrible. Very disjointed in the story-lines and had me total confused. The storyline involving the Nazi being captured and returned to The Hague made the most sense. SM Jonas Blane (Dennis Haysbert) and the team are sent by the President to capture a former Nazi before a US civilian team can kill him. The later would cause problems for US foreign relations. The storyline involving Colonel Tom Ryan (Robert Patrick) and Charlotte Canning Ryan (Rebecca Pidgeon) was just bad. They way they talk to each other is just weird. Who talks like that? Why is he even with her after she burned him so bad before? The storyline, of him being offered his first star and trying to decide to take it, makes sense. He doesn't want to leave the Unit but he wants to be a General. Showing his abusive past, as a boy at the hands of his father, doesn't relate to how he is now. So what it's purpose? I can't find the episode involving Charles Grey (Michael Irby) and the young woman in this episode being protected by her father. The storyline involving Molly Blane (Regina Taylor) and the old man who is trying to buy the business did not make sense.
  • Some questions are asked and some need answering.

Jonas and the team have been ordered to capture a nazi war criminal who is residing in Switzerland and deliver him to a war tribunal in the Hague, problem is there's another faction out to assassinate him before that can happen.

Col Ryan is being offered a chance of promotion to General but it comes with a price, to accept he must give up the Unit and this brings up some nightmares from his past and see abit of Ryan's background growing up.

On the home front Molly is visited by Carson who starts asking questions about the aeroplane business she is fronting for and actually offers to buy her out, naturally Molly cannot do this as the business doe's not exist, further questions are asked by Carson and it comes to light he is looking out for Joss Stevens who Charles has romantic interests in, it's also discovered that she is a multi-billionaires daughter and Carson is protecting her.

It was an okay episode in my eyes, the ending seemed a little rushed, but worth watching simply because it answers a few questions from previous episodes and it seems the network are spanning this season out with the long gaps in-between episodes making the next episode more welcoming.
  • When is the next "NEW EPISODE" going to be on? I like this show but it gets irritating when you wait for Sunday and its a re-run! Someone with knowledge please fill me in!!!!!

When is the next "NEW EPISODE" going to be on? I like this show but it gets irritating when you wait for Sunday and its a re-run! Someone with knowledge please fill me in!!!!! When is the next "NEW EPISODE" going to be on? I like this show but it gets irritating when you wait for Sunday and its a re-run! Someone with knowledge please fill me in!!!!! When is the next "NEW EPISODE" going to be on? I like this show but it gets irritating when you wait for Sunday and its a re-run! Someone with knowledge please fill me in!!!!! When is the next "NEW EPISODE" going to be on? I like this show but it gets irritating when you wait for Sunday and its a re-run! Someone with knowledge please fill me in!!!!!
  • this was top brass!

to start of this is what i think this show is what the UNIT is meant to be great story line lots happening home and away because lets face this show isnt all about the war.

to start we had closing doors but not closed i mean the story line with Grey wonder where its going to go i think there is lots of small storys there still.

well we get to see into mr ryans past and mmmm... its not pretty it sounds like he had a hard time until he joined the army lol.

to sum this up there wasnt much i didnt like about the last nazi but i did like the pace of the story line and the way it was acted they looked like special forces the bit with the car crash and things like that gives us a small look into what it would be like to be 1.
  • this episode clears up some of the doubts that viewers had from the past 3-4 episodes. The girl that Carlito fell in love with, her suspicious uncle Carlson, and the president that the team once rescued.

first off, I LOVE the opening scene where the team's rescuing a kid. I haven't seen these kind of opening since season 2?? That's what fans needed breaking windows and parachuting out safe It looked great from the top of the building. Absolutely authentic.

I think this is perhaps the second time a president handing out assignment to the team directly. First time, it was the mission in indonesia where Jonas had to meet the government military support leader.

I do think that this episode is squeezing too much into 40 mins. It's too condensed. Or the flashbacks of Ryan was too long and possibly the Carson part was lengthy for the non-Unit related guest star. I do not understand why Ryan was with Charlotte in DC Why is he still with that evil woman? Charlotte looks great. I think that helped part of the Ryan flashback storytelling. Ryan still hasn't taken the General position right. A little late here, so I might missed out. All I saw was BAM! There goes Tiffy when Ryan's making out with Charlotte. Oh yea, there he was, Eric L Haney He got his potty lines right.

The nazi capturing part was a bit too simple from our audience point of view. The team just didn't know what he really looked like. I like the part where Red Cap's handing out IDs. I think they were putting her with Jonas was because they didn't want to make it look obvious. It's easier to blend in when there's lady around. Red Cap got worried with Jonas when she's not getting response. All the team had at that time was Carlito overwatching on the street. Red Cap had to trust that stranger. Well,..at least what i think. She's 'okay'.

Sorry for the MM fan. Wasn't too much of him in this episode. Ryan and Carson were the main focuses. That Carson man was scary the crap out of me. Man,..he's an outstanding actor for one

Didn't expect that nazi would be killed that way in the end. It's good drama. This is more like an episode of The Unit though it's not the best ones. Certainly not far from the worst.

Bob looked like he got over with his drug problem. I guess that's that without explanation or anything. Mack got the stamina pushing the opposition after wrecking a van
  • great episode

Jonas and the team track down the last Nazi in hopes to capture him and bring him in for trial. However, things go sour when Jonas is captured, but Charlie saves the day. Then, the Nazi was shot by a lady looking for revenge. I really liked how it ended. Meanwhile, Colonel Ryan is debating his promotion and we learn about his past. I really thought the flashbacks were interesting and I'm curious to see if he takes the promotions. Another story line is with Charlie's girl and her protective father figure. I really want her and Charlie to be together! They are so cute. Overall, three solid story lines and a great episode.