The Unit

Whiplash

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 12, 2009 on CBS

• Never liked Whiplash.

Well The Unit have thrown us a massive curveball and you'd be scratching your head at the end of this episode wondering if it was all an elaborate plan to make it look as if Whiplash ( Sam ) had really escaped under the Unit's orders to flush out certain moles and terrorists, however looking at the next few episodes it looks as if Whiplash is a serial stalker/rapist and destined to meet his maker.

Have to admit I sat through the whole episode thinking it was a plan set forth by Ryan and Jonas to have Bridget attacked and make it look like Sam had run, giving his name out on the news and then escape at the end, this allowing the terrorist cell to make contact with Sam and him infiltrate the cell, however now watching trailers for next episode I have my doubts, though with the unit your never certain of the outcome and this will set the show up nicely for it's season finale to come.

I'm not going to comment on the Mack Tiffy stolen baby storyline as to me that was just a filler.

Brilliant episode all the same.
  • excelente series and episode

this episode like the last 5 have delivered a great comeback for this series. it outlines the resources that the US has around the world and that the enemys are everywhere. in this episode the replasment for one of their own hace gone roge and is up to jonas to bring him back with put blowing the cover of the unit. Here deliver the second reallity of the arm forces, the psicological trauma that they suffer every day and if is not treated it can come to a roge agente like we see on the news some times. I like this series is my best
  • Sam is bat **** crazy.

7.9
    You would think that with all the escapes prisoners on TV shows and in movies have made that cops would be a little bit more protective. Predictable ending aside, this was the creative step forward that The Unit needed as it approaches the last hurdle of its reign on prime time television. This Sam storyline is going to be the one people remember the show by so let us hope that David Mamet and crew do not drop the ball here.

The Mack, Tiffy and God storyline was not my cup of tea, but overall this was a strong offering of The Unit.