The Universe Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The History ChannelIn Season

Err...

ggp83

[1]Apr 23, 2008
    • level: 4

What's up with the armageddon stuff in this show? I think they should rename this show to "101 ways the universe can kill you!".
    To be honest I've only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes... so it might have changed since then.. but all this armageddon stuff made it unserious and made me wonder if the facts, theories, actually are real or just made up mumbojumbo of scientistswannabees..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PsychoPass

[2]May 1, 2008
    • level: 11
    If you're talking about the last episode, that's because "Armageddon" was the topic. ;p It's also dramatic and interesting to talk about how the universe "is going to die".

colmusterd28

[3]May 31, 2008
    • level: 3
    honestly the last episode was one of the finest of the series... it gave incredible scope to a very difficult concept. 10/10

Morspeed

[4]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 9
    There are a lot of things in the universe that could destroy the Earth. But they always mention that there is a very slim chance of these disasters happening. Like a one in 4 billion chance that a Large Gamma Ray Burst could hit us (not an accurate stat, just made it up as an example). They are just letting us know how dangerous space travel is. Akin to early explorers in the "new world" where they had to deal with many things that could kill them.

eanne80

[5]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 7
    Also, I think they are trying to state that the universe is MASSIVE in a MASSIVE way, and that our very existence is a VERY slight chance in all of the turmoil and chaos of the cosmos around us. Basically that we are a non-religious miracle in the universe, which makes the chances of finding intelligent life elsewhere pretty slim, but not impossible, since we seem to have overcome the impossible to be here ourselves!

And really, its the truth! Embrace it! lol

tjaman

[6]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 32
    Also, destruction is visually exciting. And it's viscerally exciting. I was pretty nervous about the combination of a weakness in the Earth's magnetic field coinciding with a solar storm. The burst scouring our very atmosphere away was a frightening, frightening thing. Hope it doesn't happen. *shudder* :\ We don't really seem to have much say over it one way or t'other.