The Untouchables

The Organization

Aired Thursday 9:30 PM Jan 26, 1961 on ABC

• Memorable Cast

Any teledrama that includes Richard Conte, Susan Oliver and Oscar Beregi can't be bad. They make very fun villains. The action and dialog are very tense.

**(Spoiler)**: The "moiduh" scene of the fink in the butcher's chillroom was very well presented. Creeeepy! Susan Oliver's performance as the classic gold-diggin' blond b**ch was priceless.
  • Good episode but a contrived ending.

This episode has so much going for it but in the end a hokey and contrived ending lowers the grade. First we get the introduction of Joe Kulak who would be a recurring character in both Season Two and Season Three as he somehow manages to escape his fate in the electric chair at the end of this episode. Second we get a marvelous performance from Susan Oliver as Roxie Plummer, the coldest and most heartless moll of the entire series. Third we get the first of four guest appearances from Milton Selzer who would become the prototypical sad sack, fall guy of the series. Fourth we have an excellent script (except for the ending). Fifth, we have some good suspense throughout. So why in the hell did they have that ending? Why not have Ness simply arrest Arnie Seegar and take him into custody instead of having Seegar foolishly draw on Ness and get killed along with his henchman? Guess the producers felt there weren't enough bodies in the episode. Too bad. Those last two bodies were needless.