The Unusuals

Boorland Day

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 15, 2009 on ABC

• Great show that needs ABC continued support !!

Great show that needs ABC continued support !! A cop show that is different !! Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Unusuals !!!

The humor is great ! Love hearing what the dispatchers are saying.

The egomanic of Eddie Alvarez is great as is the entire cast of the show.

Lets hope ABC gives it a full season in the fall, if not maybe A&E can pick it up to replace The Beast..as it appears The Beast wont be back for a 2nd season.

Sick of the Law and Orders and glad to get something new to watch. ABC thank you for bringing us this great new series..
  • We find the unit under a crime spree from the oldest crime family in New York City history. Schraeger is still tasked with finding out the secrets of the rest of the crew. Secrets start being revealed from each of our police detectives in the unit.

It seems everyone in the unit has some major secrets being hidden from one or all of their brethren. Schraeger's Sargent is still pushing her to reveal what's going on especially with Walsh.

Walsh, Schraeger, and the unit are dealing with a crime spree by a family called the Boorland's who have been causing problems for generations. The key is why now. The first kid they catch is a straight A high school student who has no business robbing a bank. It turns out his father the current leader of the family kidneys are failing and the family has no insurance.

Of course this is all secondary to the problems and quirks of the detectives. Delahoy tells his partner Banks he has the brain tumor but then makes a joke out of it. They managed to come to some agreement that they will respect and help each other in the end. Walsh finds out that Alvarez knows nothing about the rest of the unit despite the fact he has been around for about a year. Cole has a buddy in town who it turns out paid someone to kill Walsh's partner because he found out about Cole's past. Cole didn't tell him to do that. This was not resolved and hangs over everyone. Beaumont and Walsh are playing a numbers game in front of everyone that turns out to be a cover for their amorous meetings with each other. Finally Schraeger and Walsh really have a moment where they bond with each other and we find out a little about both their pasts. This bonding really makes them closer as partners.

I really enjoyed this episode but not as much as the Pilot. The Boorland part in a way distracted from the rest of the episode. A crime spree where they are murdering people in random robberies so they can get money for their fathers kidney transplant. Quirky and definitely keeping with the rest of the show, but more of a distraction at best.

I hope the ratings this week improve over last or this one will be canceled quick.

Thanks for reading...
  • Nothing is as it seems; everyone has a secret. Schraeger is pulled from Vice and into Homicide to replace a just-murdered cop. The cop is a pivotal character and as she and her new partner, Walsh, untangle the murder, their own secrets start to emerge.

Lame name, great show. The previews held absolutely no appeal and I hadn't even considered watching. The title was a turn-off and the concept seemed contrived. Just as the marketers had hoped, I left the TV on after Lost, and caught the first few minutes of the show. That's all it took. With great characters, it is well-written, has lots of twists and has tremendous potential. Amber Tamblyn is a pleasant surprise and she breathes life into a character that I was expecting to be the stereotypical female cop trying to prove her worth in a man's world. If you can get past the lame name, it is worth watching. I can't wait to see what happens next.