The Vampire Diaries

Bloodlines

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Jan 21, 2010 on The CW

7.7
  • TGIB! (a.k.a. Thank God It's Back)

When The Vampire Diaries took it's break back in November, I nearly died (okay, that might be just a tad bit of an exaggeration). Watching The Vampire Diares on Thursday nights is the only thing that got me through the school week, so I'm so glad it's back. And it came back with a bang! Sort of. Although there was a lack of action, the "bang" came in the revealing of two major secrets.

Secrets
    1. Stefan was there the day that Elena and her parents' car went off the bridge and saved Elena's life.

2. Part of the reason that Elena looks so similar to Katherine is that she was adopted. Could she really be a Pierce (a.k.a. a member of Katherine's family)? Only time (and, I guess, Internet spoilers) can answer that question. :P

Besides those two secrets being revealed, I really liked how we got to see a much nicer side of Damon when he was in Georgia with Elena (except, of course, for when he punched his fist through Bree's chest... and did he pull out her heart like in Indiana Jones 2? Oh, my...). I also liked how we got to see that Elena cares for Damon when she saved him from being killed by Lexi's ex-vampire-lover (although, let's face it, Damon probably deserved to be set on fire and burned to death).

Last night, a new characcter was introduced. Anna something or other. I don't believe they revealed her last name. Definitely a new love interest for Jeremy, and she appears to be much better for him than Vicki. She also appears to be the one that is going to prove to Jeremy that vampires do exist in Mystic Falls since Damon erased his memory about Vicki's vampire-ness (yeah, not a word, i know). I believe I know who Anna is, but I'm not quite sure. I believe she's Alaric's daughter, and they're both vampire hunters. I mean, in Alaric's flashback when they showed the picture of his wife, wasn't there a daughter in the picture, too? Or am I just making that up in my head? Hm... anywho I like that they finally revealed (well I guess I can't say finally because we sort of kinda just met the mysterious vampire hunter, Alaric Saltzman) the secret of Alaric's past, and that Damon murdered his wifee. I did not see that coming. Jeez, Damon is just getting himself way over his head in trouble by killing the ones people love isn't he? What will become of this storyline? It's obvious that Alaric has come to town for one reason... to find 'n kill Damon Salvatore. But he obviously won't. I mean, it's Damon-freaking-Salvatore. :PPP

In the novels, Elena began to date Damon after she had been turned into a vampire, and I believe that last night's episode was the writers' way of saying, "Yes, people. Something will eventually happen between Elena and Damon," but I have a feeling this "something" won't be happening between them anytime soon. I mean, Elena and Stefan are still very much in love with each other, which was shown in that kiss they shared towards the end.

One last thing...: I sense that Elena is going to transition into becoming a rebellious bad girl. Now that she knows her whole family (especially Aunt Jenna) has been lying to her about who her true parents are, I am pretty sure that Elena will begin to rebel and rebel and rebel and spend more time with the Salvatores (Oh, I love that scene from the next episode trailer when she walks into the dance between Stefan and Damon. Something about that headband she's wearing just makes her look evil. lol. In my opinion). TTY next week! Can't waait.