The Vampire Diaries

Break On Through

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 22, 2012 on The CW

7.6
  • Break On Through: Game's Back on And Abby SUCKS!!!

I really liked this episode it was kinda slow paced but the last half hour really got me!

It was great seeing Damon & Sage tag-team Rebekah.

Poor Alaric I truly hope he is fixed 4 good because I don't know how much that man can take!

I liked seeing Damon & Alaric's friendship scenes in the beginning of the episode and the end of it.

Oh Bonnie seriously that girl can't be happy can she?

First her mom is turned into a vampire then she walks out on her!?

I SO HATE ABBY NOW!!

I mean even after Caroline's speech to her Abby still left! UGH! I am SO OVER her!!

At the end of the episode we got a surprise in the form of Elena's late night call to Jeremy!

It was great seeing Jeremy and checking in with him it was nice seeing him happy but I think he may become un compulsioned soon.

We saw Stefan controlling himself when he saved Meredith YAY!

Finally we found out that the white oak ash tree survived in the form of the Wickery Bridge sign!

To quote Damon: "Game's back on brother."

So excited for next week!

• Least favorite of the season

Honestly, a 7.5 rating is saying a lot for a show that can normally bust out 9s and 10s every single week. I can't help but say that this particular episode got under my skin. Firstly, I was totally digging the chemistry between Damon and Rebekah. Speaking of whom, I move to my second point.. I've grown QUITE fond of the originals - namely Rebekah and Klaus - and the fact that they now have a weapon to kill them worries me a ton.

As Price and several others mentioned in past episode recaps, I can't even imagine TVD now POST-originals! If they're gone, this show will seem totally empty at this point. Many of us have grown weary of the stupid love triangle between the Salvatores and Elena, so that's clearly outta the question as a fallback storyline.

All I can say is, I hope the writers are aware of this fact. You can't serve us tasty hot dogs (I say "tasty" because the first two seasons WERE awesome) and then start giving us juicy steak just to go back to feeding us hot dogs. Maybe it's a lame metaphor but you get the picture.. Klaus and Rebekah have added FAR too much awesomeness to this show just to up and leave us high and dry out of the freakin blue!

Aside from my severe discontentment with that aspect of the story, it was a fantastic episode!
  • Break On Through

Break On Through was superb and very entertaining episode of The Vampire Diaries and I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of character and plot development. It was interesting to see Bonnie helping her mother transition into a Vampire with the help of Caroline and her adopted step brother. I liked the story which was rich with intrigue as Sage appears in Mystic Falls with her own agenda. Alaric suffers the consequences of utilizing his ring so many times and they are costly. I liked the ending and look forward to watching the next episode!!!!!!!!!