The Vampire Diaries

Break On Through

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Mar 22, 2012 on The CW

7.6
  • Least favorite of the season

Honestly, a 7.5 rating is saying a lot for a show that can normally bust out 9s and 10s every single week. I can't help but say that this particular episode got under my skin. Firstly, I was totally digging the chemistry between Damon and Rebekah. Speaking of whom, I move to my second point.. I've grown QUITE fond of the originals - namely Rebekah and Klaus - and the fact that they now have a weapon to kill them worries me a ton.

As Price and several others mentioned in past episode recaps, I can't even imagine TVD now POST-originals! If they're gone, this show will seem totally empty at this point. Many of us have grown weary of the stupid love triangle between the Salvatores and Elena, so that's clearly outta the question as a fallback storyline.

All I can say is, I hope the writers are aware of this fact. You can't serve us tasty hot dogs (I say "tasty" because the first two seasons WERE awesome) and then start giving us juicy steak just to go back to feeding us hot dogs. Maybe it's a lame metaphor but you get the picture.. Klaus and Rebekah have added FAR too much awesomeness to this show just to up and leave us high and dry out of the freakin blue!

Aside from my severe discontentment with that aspect of the story, it was a fantastic episode!
CW