The Vampire Diaries

Catch Me If You Can

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 24, 2013 on The CW

• Go Blondie

About the only really impressive part of this episode was Rebekah and Jeremy growing backbones. They drove a deeper wedge between Delena making the earlier episodes (pre-sire bond) total teaser episodes. I liked the one liner from Damon reminding us of his inferiority complex towards Stefan and it was cool that Elena came up with a bright idea at the end. Of course Elena just traded brothers to spew her sappy speeches was so loving the more empowered happy Elena that we had for about 5 mins before they split her from Damon. Kol suddenly believing in myths was strange and I was disappointed to see Shane was just some crazy guy desperate to revive his wife and child. Was it just me or did Stefan and Rebekah have no chemistry once they actually kissed? Did the actors do that one purpose or not? I know they said no feelings, no attachment but still, Samantha always brought the passion on Sex and the City despite the lack of love. However, I like the pairing better, they're not boring to watch because she snaps at him the way you always wanted Elena too but instead Elena always saved her snaps for Damon. Hopefully Rebekah and Stefan can bring some heat in the next episode or I see a lot of complaining from the fan base in the near future. It'll be interesting to see if the charming Aussie gets to keep his job or Jeremy gets a big ink job next week. Since the writers do have a history of killing off people you'd think are untouchable (at least for a while) without a second thought, Kol better start praying.