The Vampire Diaries

Children of the Damned

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 2010 on The CW

7.8
  • Season 1, Episode 13

Okay. They need to make scores higher than 10 because I keep rating these episodes 10's! Anyway, after this episode, I think I can say, this show IS the next Lost. There is no questions about it. It's got everything lost had (including one of the same actors) They both have mysteries, twists, cliffhangers, flashbacks, great in depth characters, insane writing, crazy good actors. Seriously this IS the new LOST. Anyways this episode was incredible. Flashbacks, again just like LOST, The Vampire Diaries' flashbacks give meaning to the characters and really help move along the story lines.

This episode was just crazy. So much happened! Bonnie goes on a date with Ben which ends with a huge twist and great cliffhanger. Flashbacks show how Damon and Stefan became to be enemies and how Katharine was taken into the tomb. We also find out that Anna's mother is in the tomb, which is why she wants to open it as well. Elena and Stefan find out that the Grim War is in his fathers grave, so they go there to dig it up while, Damon shows up later to dig it up himself and he eventually gets the Grim War. Elena and Stefan back at her house are recovering from Damon giving Elena some of his blood and Stefan realizes that Jeremy has Anna over and that she went to the "bathroom". Stefan freaks out and runs upstairs to find Elena missing from her room and the window wide open. and then......... (black screen) "The Vampire Diaries.

Outstanding cliffhangers and intense plot twists and insanely great writing & acting gives this episode another perfect 10/10 for the series.
CW