A The Vampire Diaries Community
The CW (ended 2017)
Recently we were informed (via Tessa who may not be entirely reliable) that every iteration of the Silas and the Petrova doppelgangers have inevitably found one another and ended up together. In her words it is fate that the two will always be soul mates and end up together. This raises several questions with regard to the whole Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle, but I am much more interested in discussing the missing Silas doppelganger.

Assuming that Tessa is correct, with Katherine and Elena both running around shouldn't there also be two Silas doppelgangers? There are two ways that this could play out if Tessa is correct:

1) Katherine is Stefan's fated doppelganger and Elena's Stefan doppelganger has not yet been found/even maybe born

2) Katherine's Stefan doppelganger was older than her and Stefan is Elena's fated doppelganger.

I think that for the most part that the show has made it clear that case #2 must be correct. This raises the next question - where is Katherine's fated Silas doppelganger? Here's my theory - Katherine's fated Silas doppelganger is Nadia's father and the current leader of the Travelers. What do you guys think?

poll

poll

poll

Comments (61)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Jul 19, 2014
well what i think you guys are missing 2 Silas and 1 Amara doppelgangers because Amara and Silas Taita and unknown Katherine and unknown Stephen and unknown Elena and Unknown
Flag
Feb 08, 2014
This is what I've been thinking too, but there's also the possibility that the writers just screwed up with Stefan's timeline. All of the Amara doppelgangers are 500 years apart, and they all had to have a baby to carry on the doppelganger line. If Tessa's info is true and they have always found and paired up with a Silas doppelganger in their lifetime, then it does stand to reason that he was the baby daddy in each instance, born and living at the same 500 year intervals.

So why did Stefan's birth time break from the pattern? Why was he born smack in-between two doppelgangers, 1490s Katherine and 1990s Elena?

Kat easily could have had a baby with a Silas doppelganger in the 1500s, but that still leaves us short Stefan's fated 1800s doppelganger and a question of why there was doppelgangers in the 1800s, 200 years ahead of schedule, in the first place.
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
That cannot be true, since Tessa said to Amara "That's the face that spawned a thousand doppelgangers". And since Amara had been in stoneform for 2000 years, it would be a new one every second year?? She must have been exagerating, but still I always believed it was kind 'o like the Buffy-slayer-thing, "In every generation there is a chosen one..." Like when one doppelganger dies another is born somewhere. I didn't get that they should absolutely be related by blod. The fact that Stefan is not Elenas fated Stefan could also explain, how she could fall in love with Damon at all :-)
Flag
Feb 01, 2014
My take on the doppelgänger line question is to not take anything any of the vampires say as gospel. Remember the sun and moon curse, or even 'knowing' that Katherine was in the tomb? They are as at risk or thinking they know the truth from limited information as humans are. When the Salvatore's first met Elena they figured she had to be from the same line as Katherine, also we know the woman that Klaus and Elijah loved also had a child, so they all assume this must be the same family line. That doesn't mean the universe demands a direct bloodline. It could like a bloodline, but if the line ends, pull a doppelgänger from somewhere else.
Tessa however paid particular attention to the dopplegangers. She never discussed bloodlines, but did talk of them finding each other. As they start out human, I reckon there would always be two born at the same time. The various vampires wouldn't know about them because they just never crossed paths.
Maybe there's and adopted out Whitmore cousin with a hero hairdo.
Flag
Jan 07, 2014
I believe that STEFAN dies in this season, Stefan tries to communicate with his Doppelganger on the other side because his is a Witch. Who is part of the Secret Circle... great way to bring back that show?
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
I haven't even thought about that but there is one missing. I think he will turn up in town as human and doesn't know anything about vampires.

Flag
Feb 13, 2016
Boi were u close lol
Flag
Nov 22, 2013
Truth be told, I'm just missing Silas sense of humor really. Which is kind of weird that he would even have one as Stefan's doppelganger because when he was in possession of other peoples' bodies like the Professor he was a kill joy.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
even thought it was Paul (stefan) playing him, they have much different personalities but silas is like ripper stefan. he says stuff but doesn't care what anyone thinks.
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
I think that previous Silas Doppleganger(s) just lived their lives without being turned into vampires, so they died.
Same as with Amara's.
I don't think Katherine was Amara's first Doppleganger, as Amara died 2000 years ago and Katherinne was born around 500years ago... I think Katherine must have been version 3, 4 or maybe even 5.
In fact, that has to be the case because in the 3rd Series (I think) Elijah explained how both he and Klaus fell in love with Tatiana (who Katherine was supposedly the doppleganger of) and it was Tatiana's blood they drank in the spell that turned them into vampires.

In Season 2 I think it was, we were told that a doppleganger occurs only 'every few hundred years'.

I also don't think that one doppleganger is matched with anther, like Silas doppleganger number 2 has to be with Amara doppleganger number 2 or whatever.

I think the fact that both Katherine and Elena were 'drawn' to Stefan (physically and romantically) proves that either one could be Stefans 'one'.

I think if Katherine and Stefan fell back in love, that would leave Elena 'free' to be with someone who wasn't a doppleganger.
More+
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
Tessa also said to Amara "That's the face that spawned a thousand doppelgangers". By my calculations that should be one every second year, and that definitely cannot be true. Even if she counted both Silas and Amara doppelgangers, it would still be way too many, and way too often. I totally forgot about Elijahs Tatiana tale, but there is definitely some plotholes to be filled :-/
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
There is only one thing that I find hard to understand... or think there is a logic flaw, and that is, when we first found out about Katherine, it was repeatedly said that if Katherine had had a child it would have had to have happened before she became a vampire.
So we know that that is true, as she had Nadia... who then also became a vampire.

But, the bit where it falls down is that they have always played the idea that a doppleganger is a *direct relation to their previous doppleganger*.

Like Katherine supposedly was friends with Elena's birth mother because of their family connection. And Elena is also related to Katherine.

So pressumably that means that Nadia would also have had to have had a child before she turned. And then that child had a child and so on, until one of them is Isobel's mum (or dad)?!
(And incidentally, when Isobel showed Elena the grave Isobel's parents got for her, and told her they put flowers on it every week or whatever... I wonder why Elena didn't bother to go find her grandparents?! LOL)

But anyway, back to the family thing, that then raises questions about if Dopplegangers are supposed to also be blood decendants of Silas and Amara. And if so, how does that work? As pressumably *they* never conceived kids before they became immortal?!

More +
Flag
Feb 13, 2016
Yea how the hell tf if they didn't have kids b4 that happened haha I'm weaakkk haha
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
I know Elena is related to Katherine, but I always assumed that it was just a fluke. If that were true, they should all descent from the first doppelgangers, who hooked up, which would also mean, that they are actually related today, and that's just creepy :-D Besides Elijah didn't mention, that Katherine was related to Tatiana.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
I thought it was just straight forward but i don't think the producers have really thought this through enough.
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
Well I just have a tiny itch in my brain... qetsiyah aka tessa told us thay nature tried to create a balance by creating doppelgangers... creating a mortal shadow version who can die of the immortal person .. so if that is correct then every vampire including the originals were immortal .. why we havent seen any other doppelganger??.. I mean there should be a doppelganger of damon too and every other vampire who is immortal.. why only stefan and elena -_- plz somebody correct me if am wrong or have missed any oart of the story
Flag
Feb 13, 2016
Only Silas n Amora were truly immortal so nature needed a balance creating versions of them that could be killed, shadows selves a.k.a doppelganger's. The Original's were made by dark magic, using mystical blood, the blood of the doppelganger; yet the spell used to make them was the making's of a plague. (It was supposed to be for protection but Ester didn't account the blood lust. So when the Dead took life- Nature turned on them decreeing that which gave them life could also take it away... Because she called on the great white oak for immortality, only that could be used to kill them (They weren't truly immortal because "Something" exists that could kill them. Like normal wood can kill normal vamps, they're immortal because they "can" live forever.. Doesn't mean they "Will" so there are no need for doppelganger's of any assumably "immortal" who isn't "Truly Immortal" Because THEY CANT DIE, NOTHING EXIST THAT CAN KILL THEM.) Ya feel me tho? Lol
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
i didnt get that at first but it is because they were immortal and not just vampires, but they turned 2000 years ago but the orginals were born 1000 years ago so how are they the originals if silas and tessa were turned first a 1000 years before them? oh god, now i'm confused. someone tell me what it is going.
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
That was because Amara and Silas were *truly* immortal, but not vampires.

Vampires can be killed still.. not easily, but it can still happen, a stake through the heart for regular vamps, or a white-oak steak for the originals..

Where as the only way for silas or amara to die was if they took the cure to stop being immortal.
Flag
Nov 15, 2013
Nadia does not look like Katherine or Stephan.
Flag
Nov 15, 2013
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
The second possibility is unlikely. Wouldn't Katherine know then about the multiple doppelgangers? Wouldn't it be mentioned anywhere that she had met a previous version of Stefan? We are definitely missing one though. And as of the third one I do not know. But why does the father have to be supernatural? For all we know he was her family's stable boy that she had a casual affair with. It would be strange to bring the father in the picture too. I don't see Nadia's purpose for that matter. Unless Katherine must choose between death and saving her daughter and she chooses the latter. My question however is if the original doppelganger dies, does this mean that this whole universe thing will be resolved?
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
I think that two dopplegangers have to meet, fall in love, spend the rest of their life together, and then die, to resolve the balance thing.
Just my guess.
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
Oh and I agree that I think Katherine would have said something if her baby's father was a Stefan look-alike LOL
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
While he probably existed in the past, it would seem more likely that he might have been able to hide from Klaus and outside of his search for a doppleganger a bit better than Katherine was able to (and it appears she was the first doppleganger he was able to find unless they are only born every five hundred years). And so maybe Katherine's generation one was just a guy and never faced the choice of submitting to Klaus or becoming a vampire and so he just died of they myriad of things people died of in the late 1400s. Now, I wouldn't be surprised if Katherine and him did meet and that it is entirely possible they married and had a baby, but I am betting he just died before Klaus ever came into the picture. I know Tessa implied this has happened many times before, but, well she is crazy and melodramatic, I bet just watching Katherine with her husband and then Katherine stumbling upon Stefan three hundred years later (I wonder if Elena could trace her family line back to at least Nadia). But, I keep wondering if they are both born in the same generation, as much as Stefan and Elena are drawn to each other, they are not the right match for each other. Katherine turning into a vampire perhaps delayed the reappearance of the doppleganger of her line and Stefan perhaps has prevented Elena's mate from being born.
More+
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
That makes no sense :/
Flag
Feb 13, 2016
Well yea it kinda sorta does with all the everything that goes on in or around the world of mystic falls lol
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
It seems like all Petrova doppelgängers are blood related so I guess we can presume that Silas doppelgängers are related too. If they eventually find each other, this is a huge pile of incest. They are all related even if the doppelgänger gene sometimes skips a generation or two. Or am I seeing the TVD logic wrong?
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
No, because the Amara doppelgangers do not have their babies with the Silas doppelgangers. The fact that they are drown to each other does not mean that they end up being together.
Flag
Nov 14, 2013
I find it hard to believe that they never ever ever have babies together.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
How are Petrova doppelgangers related? Elena is not related to Katherine...? And neither are related to Amara, they just look similar. But IDK, maybe I missed some piece of mythology in the mayhem.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
Elena is related to Katherine because Katherine mentioned to Elena in season two that her parents are her true ancestors. but i don't know about Amara.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure Elena is related to Katherine.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
her parents are elena's true ancestors so they are.
Flag
Nov 15, 2013
Yeah, I read up on this and seems they are related through Katherine's baby. So much has happened I can't keep track anymore :-/
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
But Katherine wasn't related to Tatiana :-)
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Doppelgänger are a BORN occurrence. Elena only appeared because Katherine had a baby out of wedlock and hid it. When Katherine became a vampire Klaus blew a fuse because she was the last doppelgänger and there wouldn't be another one.

Therefore, when Stefan died, his doppelgänger line died with him. And I don't think Stefan is Katherine's occurrence. She was born in the 1480s or something. He was born in the 1840's. If FATE wants two people to fall for each other and have them be born 400 years apart then fate is a fucking idiot and as useful as a dead-Bonnie.

Stefan can't be Elena's fateful doppelgänger either then. I don't know. The concept of "fate" in a love triangle just makes me laugh out loud. Especially considering that Katherine was infatuated with Klaus as a human and dated Elijah (love triangle), Tatia was in the same situation and Elena… Don't even get me started on Elena.

So, Tessa is just a fucking nutcase. And Damon/Elena are right not to let it come between them. I am not a shipper but when they breakup during season 5 (let's be real) I want it to be for something other than a so-called "fate". That'd be LAME.
More+
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
But that would mean, that Nadia had a child before becoming a teen-vamp. But at no point does she mention this to Katherine, that she had a grandchild. And she has no fuzzy feelings towards Elena, who should be her great-great granddaughter. Isn't that a bit weird??
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Jul 31, 2014
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
I think that even the writers don't know how exactly the whole doppelganger think is supposed to work.That's maybe cause they are changing their own mythology every episode.
Flag
Nov 17, 2013
Coompletely agree.

Each time we get a new season they change or embellish certain things which have been implied in previous seasons.

I guess their 'excuse' is that even the characters cannot be sure exactly how the doppleganger stuff works.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Why does everyone keep forgetting Tatia , whose blood was used to transition the originals,and was in love with both klaus and Elijah,she was a doppelgänger too ,Katherine was her doppelgänger firstly, then Elena, I don't care about a Silas doppelgänger cause unlike Nina dobrev, Paul Wesley sucks at playing 2 characters, can yu imagine him trying a 3rd one, HELL NO!!!!
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
I mentioned in last week's review - I'm calling the mysterious Augustine Vampire to be the missing Silas doppelganger. This sounds really weird, so it should fit right in with the rest of the doppelganger story.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
you actually might be right because they can't drag out the doppelganger situation forever so they will explain it soon.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
We are definitely missing a Silas/Stefan doppelganger. That's for sure.
But, don't you think Katherine would have mentioned her baby daddy looks just like Stefan? I mean, I know she is Katherine but still, it just doesn't seem like something she would ... OMIT. You know considering everything.
Flag
Dec 15, 2013
she is Katherine so she would of mentioned it to Elena in season two when she was in the tomb telling Elena about her past but she didn't.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Agreed. Unless Katherine had her mind erased, which is ludicrous, but this is tvd we're talking about. Besides I thought they showed who the father of Katherine's baby was in a flashback? Maybe they didn't I haven't seen season 2 in a few years.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
No they didn't
Flag
Nov 25, 2013
I think the Agustin vampire is another vampire of Elena
Flag
Nov 25, 2013
I mean Kathrine
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Too many doppelgänger's as it is.
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Yes, thank you!!!
Flag
Nov 13, 2013
Three tropes that I absolutely loathe and despise as a plot device are clones, time travel and parallel universes.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members