A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 21, 2016)

FROM EUREKA TO MYSTIC FALLS

... The always awsome Colin Ferguson (Eureka) is headed to The Vampire Diaries, if his TV geography is correct. Ferguson tweeted, "Seem to have 'tripped' my way into a new role... Mystic Falls, hunh?" He'll play a character named Tripp, the head of a local militia. I'm guessing Tripp isn't too keen on vampires. [Colin Ferguson's TwitterTV Guide]

BUSINESS TIME

... NBC has renewed a trio of its summer reality programs. In a year we'll all be watching new seasons of America's Got TalentLast Comic Standing, and American Ninja Warrior. So we have that to look forward to while climate change puts the temperatures north of 120 degrees. [NBC via press release]

... The World Cup final between Germany and Argentina was the third-highest soccer match ever aired on ESPN, registering a 9.7 overnight rating. That's just behind the 1994 final between Brazil and Italy (12.8) and a match between USA and Brazil (10.4) that same year. [Forbes]

... Hulu has renewed its original drama East Los High for Season 3, just a few days after the July 9 premiere of Season 2. The high-school drama follows a group of Latino teens as they, ummm... go to high school? Yep, I think that's it. [TV Guide

... Ready to know the twist for Bachelor in Paradise, the latest growth on the Bachelor franchise that's essentially Bachelor Pad but filmed in Mexico? New contestants will join the show each week as others are eliminated, keeping the germ pool fresh. [ABC via press release]

... The eight unaired episodes from Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23's second season finally have a home: Logo TV will air the remaining segments of the ABC comedy on Saturdays at 10pm starting this weekend. To kick things off, the network will air a marathon of episodes that did air starting at 1pm, then it will air the first unaired episode at 10pm, and then it will air the remaining episodes that never saw the light of day at 10pm for the next seven weeks. [Deadline]

... There's been a lot of speculation over which Heroes characters might return to the franchise for NBC's upcoming Heroes: Reborn miniseries, and many folks have assumed that Jack Coleman's HRG will the main draw, but STOP IT! The series will focus mostly on new characters. [EW]

CASTING NEWS

... Sir Ben Kingsley, who was knighted in 2002 for his contribution to the arts and once starred as greatest-man-ever GANDHI in Gandhi, is headed to [wicked guitar solo] Spike TV. He'll join the cast of Spike TV's Tut, a six-hour miniseries that follows the rise of King Tutankhamun in ancient Egypt. Kingsley will play Ay, the Grand Vizier to Tut. That sounds like an important position! [Spike TV via press release]

... Oooooooh! Elementary's Joan Watson has a new boyfriend! Smash's Raza Jaffrey will guest-star on the CBS procedural as Watson's lover, and is described as an "anti-Sherlock." [TV Guide]

... Kerr Smith (Dawson's Creek) will swing by the Season 1 premiere of Criminal Minds to play a man who collects limbs. Ummm, that's gross, Kerr. Why not stamps? Criminal Minds returns Wednesday, October 1 on CBS. [TV Line]

... Reign is bringing on Spartacus's Craig Parker for Season 2. Parker will recur on The CW drama as Narcisse, a devout Catholic who butts heads with Catherine de Medici. [TV Line

... This is kinda casting, right? Fox has found its "replacement" for Kevin Reilly, who stepped down as Fox Entertainment Chairman in late May. 20th Century Fox TV bosses Dana Walden and Gary Newman (not Numan) will now lead the Fox Television Group, a new entity combining Fox Broadcasting Company (or, as we regular people know it, just Fox) and 20th Century Fox Television (what we like to call the studio). Meanwhile, I'm eyeing this sweet gig as the nighttime barista at a Starbucks a few counties over. [Fox via press release]

COMIC-CON NEWS

... Craig Ferguson is going to moderate the Game of Thrones at Comic-Con. There's no word on whether Geoff will also be attendance. [HBO via press release]

DARYL DIXON NEWS

... The Walking Dead has released a new promo photo (via EW) featuring fan-favorite Daryl, and it looks like he's either in trouble or is getting into some real kinky stuff. Take a look:

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... Nickelodeon has canceled Sam & Cat, maybe because of salary negotiations? 

... You can watch the full trailer for Doctor Who's eight season or you can not watch it and be a weirdo. 

... NBC's Constantine has cast comic character Zed, to replace Lucy Griffiths' outgoing character Liv.

... NBC execs discussed the current state of the network and the future, as well as Hannibal ratings and other tidbits at the Television Critics Association tour. 

... More NBC news from the weekend: Christopher Walken will play [click to find out] in NBC's Peter Pan thingy!

... All 17 seasons of South Park are now available on Hulu, and will be there until the Season 8 premiere in September. 

... Need to know whBetter Call Saul was delayed? Blame Vince Gilligan and his tired hands. 

... Ryan reviewed another episode of Crossbones and gave it the deluxe 5-Episode Test.

... I watched FX's new horror drama The Strain and then I wrote several words talking about how much I liked it. 

... The best episode to date of HBO's The Leftovers aired on Sunday, but was it enough to set the series on the right path? I'm still not sure. 

... More reviews: Lily on True BloodMaryAnn on Falling Skies!  Cory on the Season 2 premiere of Masters of Sex!

... Brooks Wheelan got fired from Saturday Night Live.

... Should you watch El Rey's new soccer-spy drama Matador? Ryan Sandoval has some advice for you. 

... USA has ordered a pilot for a hacker drama called Mr. Robot, from the executive producer of True Detective.

... Yahoo might save Enlisted, too.

47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
jeez, he teleported out of Haven into a washing machine, which spin cycled him to The Vampire Diaries? Sorry, he's just too goofy to play anything but, well Jack Carter. Love ya Colin, but stick to comedy man. You're a natural.
Flag
yes for Colin Ferguson, I can watch him in anything
Flag
Colin--vampires, really????????
King Tut-lets have a series that we have no real facts on and can make anything up that we want to!

Does anybody check typos here on tv.com?
Flag
"... Kerr Smith (Dawson's Creek) will swing by the Season 1 premiere of Criminal Minds to play a man who collects limbs. Ummm, that's gross, Kerr. Why not stamps? Criminal Minds returns Wednesday, October 1 on CBS. [TV Line]"

So after 9 seasons, shows loop back around to one, huh? :p
Flag
It will be nice to see so,e fresh faces on vampire diaries and the actor is brilliant. Craig Parker joining reign hells yes.
Flag
first of all, so happy that Colin Ferguson is gonna be doing something even if it has to be on Vampire Diaries. Anything is better than seeing him as the Maytag man.

I'm sure someone pointed this out but is this correct, Criminal Minds Season 1? "Kerr Smith (Dawson's Creek) will swing by the Season 1 premiere of Criminal Minds to play a man who collects limbs."

Flag
I could see cameos of previous Heroes characters in Heroes: Reborn, but not a lot of them. I wouldn't be surprised to see HRG's daughter show up for obvious reasons, but not for more than an episode or two.

Flag
AMAZING news for dont trust the B...I didnt think those last episodes would ever see the light of day. Thank god I was wrong. The show was hilarious and so different from the "comedy" shows on now, like modern family. I hate ABC for cancelling it, and especially for treating it like crap. Like with airing episodes in a mixed order, which was super confusing and pretty rude. I really really really hope I'm able to watch those episodes in Canada!!! :)
Flag
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for Colin!!!! It was sad watching him play appliances in Maytag commercials! I've been on the fence with TVD of late, especially since I have The Originals which has turned out to be SO MUCH better than TVD I can't believe they're related sometimes! Anywho, this has renewed my interest! YAY COLIN!!! :-)
Flag
OMGOMGOMGOMG
And suddenly I am psyched for the next season of TVD. I was crushed to see Ferguson as the Maytag man. He's so much better than that. Hot and hilarious.

Seriously, I'm now spending the remainder of the summer fantasizing that Ian Somerhalter is jealous of my affections for the new guy in town.
Flag
^^^^^^^ What TQB said!
Flag
As a both a Eureka and TVD fan, I'm pretty excited about the Colin Ferguson news!

He was really fantastic in the last season of Haven as William. It's hard to make a guy who's so flippant about killing and tormenting people, likable. But that's Colin Ferguson's strong suit, he's naturally likable. Even when he's evil hahaha! Since Audrey will be spending (some? most?) Season 5 as Mara, it's safe to say that William will be found. And if not, there has to be more flashbacks to their time together spreading the Troubles around. It's an extra long season, so plenty of time for his return...

5-haven-lighthouse-gif-william.gif
Flag
And now I must watch Haven. I had no idea he'd turned up there. This is what happens when you give up cable, kids.
Flag
Hahaha! Cable TV is my addiction. I didn't expect him there either, but boy did he make an entrance!

Enjoy Haven!
Flag
Heck yeah! At first I was like noooooooo, I don't want Colin to be the bad guy! BUT he played it so well and was still likeable. I agree, he's just naturally likeable!
Flag
I reacted the exact same way! His character was ambiguous at the start of the season so I was just hoping for a light hearter love triangle when Audrey got out of the barn, but he quickly spiralled into one of my favorite Haven characters/villain of all time. All due to Colin Ferguson's irresistable charisma.
Flag
Good news about the rest of Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23, unfortunately for me Logo TV isn't in HD here, so it's letterboxed and pillarboxed, tiny and blurry viewing for me.

Wait, so Kevin Reilly changes the way Fox does development, and then promptly leaves before ushering in the new policies? Yikes. What a dink.
Flag
I have that same problem with LOGO. Some of he non-HD channels are so bad. I bear it for Don't Trust the B. in Apt 23 though.
Flag
And my reward for putting up with their annoying crap was them running long and cutting off the end of the entire series.
Flag
I cannot wait to see Christopher Walken singing and dancing in the Peter Pan musical. He's the best!
Flag
'Reign' sound like the perfect landing spot for Spartacus's 'Glaber'. Cool news, Craig Parker is a sound addition to the cast.
Flag
I like Colin Ferguson but it is a strange casting choice for such a teen angst-y show.... Let's hope he brings some of his Jack Carter comic-relief to it
Flag
Really, since Eureka Ferguson has bumped around a lot, he needs his own show again!
Flag
He has it, but it's in 30-second-long format and he plays a repairman speaking for appliances.
Flag
I have seen it LOL
Flag
Colin Ferguson back on TV is the best news I've heard all week. loved him on Eureka and Haven!!
Flag
I don't want see William back on Haven at all...
Why can't they just leave the love birds alone for god sakes... Every single time they get close together each other since Season 2... There is always something driving them apart not every successful relationship...
Flag
I still miss eureka, but i do hope to see Colin Ferguson back on Haven when it retunrs, as they left it where Audrey wants to get him out of the hell they trapped him into.
Flag
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Considering that they said Haven's next season will be the 20+ episodes one, one has to wonder about scheduling conflicts.

Though I suppose it could be several episodes until they get William back
Flag
I sometimes think that cable (and premium cable) have different shooting schedules than regular network TV.

It's not that uncommon to see an actor pull double duty on a network show and a cable/premium show. But it's very rare to see one appear on two network shows for anything more than a guest-spot.

Considering cable shows tend to air in the off-season I imagine it's more common for the shooting schedules to not overlap.
Flag
CW knows Colin Ferguson is middle aged, right?
Flag
Well, the sheriff is 8 years older than him...
Flag
Good for him. I always feel sad for Sheriff Carter when I see a Maytag commercial....
Flag
right? me too.
Flag
don't you mean random Maytag appliance man? :p

the remaining episode of Apt 23 have been available for a while now, but whatever.. Logo should do a marathon of all the episodes IN ORDER and not in the random order ABC chose to air them in. then the show actually has continuity and doesn't have JVDB on DWTS one episode and then not again for a while. plus they had a crapload of s1 episodes splattered throughout s2.
Flag
Honestly, I stopped watching TVD right before the Cure storyline went full-throttle. So, the only way I see myself watching again is if they bring in Ferguson as some BAMF vampire hunter who takes out the entire cast and ends the show. That would be time well spent. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he's already played a character that's had to deal with a pretty crazy town before...
Flag
It may be interesting because Alaric returned from the dead in the season finale. The show has suffered without a decent "hunter," and Alaric will be weird uber-vamp-eater, so bringing on an actual human will be a good counter point.

Or they'll, you know, kill him off after like 3 episodes, like they did with Principal Wood...
Flag
Colin Ferguson on TVD's, watch out for those Tripp-wires vamp's.
Raza Jaffrey is a comedy genius, so I'm expecting Sherlock to get some serious spoofing.
Not surprised CraigyFerg will moderate for GoT, as he and David Benioff have something of a bromance.
Sir B.K. will no doubt kick arse as a servile but Wormtongue-like character in Tut - resist the jokes. Just thinking of him in House of Sand and Fog brightens my day like an oubliette.
Kerr Smith's mortgage repayments must be stacking up...
Flag
Season 10 of Criminal Minds you mean, right :)
Flag
Season 1 premiere of Criminal Minds? Really?
Flag
It's all the same thing at this point.
Flag
So if Colin Ferguson joins TVD - does it mean he won't return for Haven's season 5?
Flag
I did not like Ferguson on Haven. That, for me, was a bad casting decision. He was unbelievable as a one-time lover of Emily Rose's character, let alone a bad guy.
Flag
From what I saw somewhere else they've already filmed half of Haven. He could potentially be on both shows though if the filming shcedules don't conflict.
Flag
I hope you're right. I'm already devastated that Emma Lahana (aka Jennifer) won't return for season 5. Colin leaving the show would make me even more sadder.
Flag
Uh, it's been a while since I last saw Haven. Is Jennifer the woman who could "hear the barn", or whatever? The one who was getting all lovey-dovey with Duke?

If so, that sucks! I liked her character.
Flag
Yeah, Jennifer was Duke's Bar(n) hearing girlfriend. She was awesome :( Emma left the show due to family stuff.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members