A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

... Break out the whiskey and celebrate! Not only is Matt Davis returning to The Vampire Diaries as a series regular in Season 6, but Michael Malarkey, the good-looking man behind Enzo, will also enjoy series regular status when the show returns in the fall. Of course, that's all well and good, but what will Damon's two BFFs do without him now that he and Bonnie were enveloped in that white light in the Season 5 finale? Showrunner Julie Plec has already suggested an Alaric and Enzo spin-off, which might break the internet but would also be totally worth it. [EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... Syfy has released a new trailer for Dominion, its new supernatural series about angels at war! I'd say Supernatural should be insulted, but let's not judge until June 19, when Dominion premieres.

... AMC is adding three new shows to its already diverse collection of unscripted programming. All-Star Celebrity Bowling is a 30-minute series adapted from Chris Hardwick's web series of the same name. Each week, two celebrity casts will go head-to-head in a bowling match for charity. The network has also greenlit Visionaries, a docu-series about the employees of Vision Scenery, a company that designs and constructs Hollywood sets, props, and models. And lastly, someone at AMC is smoking a lot of good stuff, because coming soon is an untitled project from the Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan. According to the press release, Corgan, who helped "revolutionize the indie music scene with his innovative brand of alternative rock," will bring "his creative genius to the world of professional wrestling in this compelling docu-series that pulls back the curtain in a way pro-wrestling fans have never seen." I don't see the correlation, but I also failed statistics, so. [AMC via press release]

... Showtime is developing Dope, a new hour-long drama about performance-enhancing drugs and the doctor who popularized them in Florida. The series is fictional and not based on any recent events, but Tim Elfrink, the managing editor of the Miami New Times who broke the story about the use of PEDs in Major League Baseball, will serve as a consultant on the project. Ray Donovan's David Hollander will write the script. [Deadline]

... Brad Paisley, Kesha, Ludacris, and Josh Groban have all joined ABC's new singing competition Rising Star. The first three will serve as "experts," although I'm not sure in what field Kesha qualifies as an expert. Body paint? Poor life decisions? Groban, meanwhile, will serve as host. [ABC via press release]

CASTING NEWS

... This isn't really casting, unless you consider Michael Weatherly signing a two-year contract to return to NCIS as casting. Which I do, I guess? Weatherly's cast members have all signed their new contracts, which means everyone's coming back for Season 12. Woohoo! [Deadline]

REQUIRED READING

... FX is turning 20, and to celebrate, The Hollywood Reporter interviewed various men and women who've had their work broadcast on the network in the past two decades, including The Shield's Shawn Ryan, Rescue Me's Denis Leary, and more. They shared their memories and revealed "what it's like to write for a network that encourages smart TV (almost) without rules." The interviews are pretty short and fun to read. If you've ever found yourself blown away by Sons of Anarchy, LouieDamagesJustified, or anything else that's aired on FX, I highly encourage you to check 'em out! [THR]

RECENT STORIES YOU MAY HAVE MISSED ON TV.COM

... FX has announced premiere dates for The StrainThe BridgeTyrant, and more.

... Salem showed us just what was in that mysterious container Alden found last week.

... We broke down the The CW's fall schedule and decided The Flash + the Winchesters is going to make for a pretty fun Tuesday!

... The Vampire Diaries signed off for the season with a pretty fun episode that left a few of our favorites' lives in limbo! 

... The season finale of Reign completed Mary's season-long transformation into a badass.

... Joan made some big decisions in Elementary's final episode of Season 2.

... Sheldon grew up and became a real boy in The Big Bang Theory's Season 7 finale.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/13/2016

Season 7 : Episode 22

47 Comments
Comments (47)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I swear in Carolien & Stephan become a couple i will stop watching the show! No, do NOT!
Flag
Yay! Enzo's like the new Damon - since he's gone all pathetic over Elena. I'm still stressed about this potential Stefan and Caroline coupling - that will be the last straw for me!
Flag
I'm all for this, but can we just outright make Enzo a good guy already? I have said this in the past, but I just find him too likable to be a villain. I don't get the rules of the Other Side, can you still turn off your humanity over there? Cuz Alaric was evil when he died, but the second he was in the Other Side he was good again. Enzo had his humanity off when he died, and I really couldn't tell if it was off or not still when he was over there.
I liked her Alaric and Enzo joke, although I didn't really get it, because like two seconds later she said she didn't think they would like each other.
Flag
Guess I'll just stand in the minority of not being an Enzo fan.
Flag
Yea for Michael Weatherly signing on for another 2 years. It wouldn't be the same without DiNozzo. But shouldn't he be leading his own team by now?
Flag
I can't tell if growing up with the last name Malarkey is unfortunate, or kind of bad ass.

I'm leaning towards the latter.
Flag
You probably don't care but I thought I'd chime in since you're so enamoured with the name. It's an Irish name with several different spelling variations, originally found in County Donegal.
I'm so used to it that I never thought of the surname in terms of the actual word. Cheers for pointing that out, I had a good laugh.
Flag
Hello. My name is Michael Malarkey.

Nice to meet you. My name is Nathan Nonsense.

Oh hi. Harold Hogwash here.

David Drivel, reporting for duty.

They call me Bobby Balderdash.

And I'm your host for the evening, Frankie Foolishness.

Thank you google/thesaurus.com

Flag
I really want Dominion to be good. I liked the concept behind Legion, however flawed the final movie was, and I'm excited to see the story continue in TV series form.
Flag
The fact that they are making a regular the character who killed himself and 1 minute later started whining to be brought back to life is another proof that TVD is DEAD.
Flag
Dead on point regarding that Billy Corgan blurb, WTFery indeed.
Flag
I'd watch the hell out of an Alaric & Enzo spinoff, although I know it was just a joke. Still, more Enzo is exactly what I want from this series so this news made me very happy.
Flag
When did ads for TV shows become trailers? That's a term I associate with theatrical releases.
Flag
I am very happy about more Enzo.
The only thing that'd make me happier is zero Bonnie. But I wont hold my breath.
Flag
when was it last year that we got the trailers for all of the new shows and can I hope for the same thing this year?

Flag
Oh, now I'm depressed. When you mentioned Visionaries I thought you were talking about the old 80s cartoon.
Flag
why does ncis not get media attention like scandal and walking dead ncis has better ratings than scandal and the walking dead
Flag
It got attention eight years ago when it rose to the top of the ratings. I still remember the headline "The Little Show That Could." Like The Big Bang Theory, it's a show whose audience grew over time.
Flag
NCIS has more viewers perhaps, but is NOT higher rated. Huge difference. NCIS is a twice year old show that skews extremely old. Some shows just dont have the same buzz as others. But I'll guarantee you neither Scandal or TWD last a decade or more
Flag
Last I heard, ratings are based on the number of viewers. A show that has 15 million viewers is higher rated than a show that has 4 million viewers. You sound like an ageist: "You're extremely old; who cares what you watch?"
Flag
Oh, wow. Yeah..Never claimed to be an exec. Was simply explaining how things work, and maybe why NCIS doesn't have as much media attention. Its not worth as much to advertisers as The Walking Dead is based on ratings demo points, not number of viewers. Nice chat.
Flag
"You're extremely old; who cares what you watch?" Hate to break it to you, but thats pretty much exactly how 90% of The television business works. The younger you are, the harder you are to advertise to. So whereas the total number of viewers is both counted and boasted upon by network execs, demographic numbers are what sells advertising rates.
Flag
Ratings are based on demographics as well, so where NCIS had 17 million viewers last week, in the 18-49 age range key demographic it only drew 2.6 million viewers, which is the great equalizer - it was good enough to top its timeslot, but it wasn't a huge. Meanwhile, The Walking Dead's season finale had 15 million viewers - less than NCIS - but 10 million were in the 18-49 key demographic, over 3 times as many in the key demo.
Flag
I'm fighting against viewers adopting the idea some viewers are more important than others, and I probably would have let this go if not for your continual poking at me.
Flag
@vicbjones, the irony is that you're so angry and protective here over a CORPORATE-PRODUCED show, so perhaps you are just angry at yourself for suckling at the company teet.

It's also funny that you think I'm making some sort of judgment against NCIS, when in fact it's the only show in this conversation that I watch. But, you know, objectivity is for others in your world, keep on fighting the non-fight.
Flag
"NCIS has more viewers perhaps, but is NOT higher rated."

If I'd used the term "Stcokholm syndrome," would you and CharmedOne have had a better grasp of what I was saying? I'm not impressed with your embrace of corporate jargon.
Flag
@vicbjones, the question was about ratings comparing cabler Walking Dead to network NCIS. As for key-demo, grow up, these are SPONSORED shows, they want to advertise to spending viewers to keep bringing you programming, it's as simple as that. No need to be a jerk about it.
Flag
Which means nothing to me as a viewer. Maybe it's comfort food for CW viewers, but I feel no obligation to adopt the standards of the people peddling me stuff. Besides being one step away from Logan's Run, anybody who does that loses any standing to complain about "safe, vanilla" programming and multiple spin-offs. Just because you read demo charts and trade publications doesn't make you a TV executive.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Thank you JT.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
YES!!! great week of casting announcements for TVD! Hopfully Enzo will return to being the kind of guy from his first episodes (before finding out about his gf's death)
Flag
Don't know how I feel about this. Enzo got real annoying towards the end. They need to introduce some new interesting creatures and mysteries, instead of one big mess of characters that no longer has any personalities.
Flag
Enzo kind of gets on my nerves, we don't need more regulars, we have enough of those plus all these random guest stars
Flag
Dominion doesn't look half bad and it has the absolutely gorgeous Roxanne McKee. Count me in!
Flag
I thought this season of VD would never end!!!!, thank FRAK it has.
I am not coming back for anymore.
Flag
Hmm... I don't have a problem with Enzo per se (his return makes more sense than Alaric's) but I don't think The Vampire Diaries should really be expanding it's already quite large list of main cast members, particularly when majority of the characters and useless and/ or boring for majority of the season. How about the writers work on developing the main cast members they've already got? I wouldn't be surprised if they try to add Liv and/ or Luke to the main cast as well.
Flag
Same. I was actually happy when they said we're going to have permanent deaths this season but that turned out to be a huge farce.

I love large ensembles but their cast is too large and needs to be toned down.

And yeah, I'm betting the twins will be back.
Flag
I like Enzo and glad they are keeping him
Flag
Sounds like a bunch of Malarkey

Alaric/Enzo/Damon love triangle? Now thats something i could get behind
Flag
I am very pleased about the Enzo news, he was half the reason I enjoyed most of that dreck of an Augustine storyline. I mean, I kind of thought he was being a giant baby over his quasi girlfriend who appeared to be still a bad guy when Damon killed her, but still.

I am totally giving Dominion a chance. Basically because I didn't totally hate Legion. My major thought during it was that it had far too much going on and not enough attention to each of the story lives that a TV series might make more sense. I just hope they pay attention to some of the vague, and they were very vague so they have a lot of room to maneuver, but that the kid's stepfather had instructions of some sort tattooed onto him. And then God realized that Michael was correct in his position but that the other angels couldn't really understand, but in the scheme of things we only met the one other angel. And while he was an unstoppable killing machine, he felt bad when....spoiler....killed Michael before, well, I should have put the spoiler earlier, huh?
Flag
Hmm, I don't like it. I'm not particularly fond of Enzo and Damon doesn't need two best friends. They can't all drink alone together.
Flag
With all the respect, while you may be right about those two first sentences you are definitely wrong about the last one. Sorry.
Flag
Billy Corgan owns a small indie wrestling outfit called Resistance Pro Wrestling. I'm guessing that will be the basis for the show.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:00 pm
    The Carmichael Show President Trump
    NEW
    NBC
  • 9:00 pm
    American Ninja Warrior
    NEW
    NBC