A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

The Vampire Diaries S05E06: "Handle With Care"

Do you have friends? I know that's a personal question, but hear me out. What does "friend" even mean? Is friendship a real phenomenon? It's hard to say. The only living creatures willing to spend any time with me are a family of raccoons that live under my porch, but I'm pretty sure they're only just using me for my garbage. I happen to have very high quality garbage (humblebrag). I once threw away an entire, untouched Thanksgiving dinner just to make a point. That sort of thing is why the raccoons like me, but on the other hand, could I put them down as emergency contacts? No, probably not. Sad to say but those raccoons are probably not my friends. But YOU might have friends, human friends even, so let's talk about your friends for a second. Are you one of these people who not only has a circle of friends, but, like multiple circles of friends? And every now and again you throw a social function where the two circles combine and it's SO WEIRD to see Bernice from work chatting with Fuji from the community center? Like, they are both two great people that mean a lot to you, but just seeing them in the same room is super strange? How had they never met before? Isn't it sort of wonderful to see them hitting it off like that? That's the exact feeling I get sometimes when I've been following a TV series for a while and it has a terrific ensemble of characters and suddenly two of them share the screen for the first time in years. That happened this week on The Vampire Diaries! This episode was the Katherine and Caroline show all the way, I don't care. Rest in peace all the rest of the plotlines because Katherine and Caroline TEAMED UP! How had this not happened before? Yeah, I realize they technically spent time together that one time when Katherine murdered Caroline, but it turns out they have a lot in common! In fact their scenes together were so good that I demand another spin-off. Get these ladies their own detective show stat! ('Stat' is terminology meaning 'pronto'.) So good.

"Handle With Care" had a number of other good things happen in it, but let's be real, it was just a collection of scenes that came before or after scenes with Katherine and Caroline, A.K.A. THE STARS. That being said, let's talk about this episode!

We started with Katherine enjoying a breakfast feast at some diner. Was it the same diner where she'd stabbed a woman in the heart in front of everybody the previous day? Unclear! But what was very clear was that Katherine had a new lease on life. If we're being honest I'm still so steamed that Damon tried to murder her, and even worse, how annoyed Elena and Damon looked when Katherine didn't stay dead. Shouldn't they have been like, "Yeah, we murdered a human but it was for the greater good" and then been relieved when Katherine survived? Nope, they were just annoyed. Delena is a pair of jerks sometimes! 

Sorry, my blood is boiling like crazy because now that Rebekah is gone Katherine is my constant. But let's not lose track of what matters: Katherine is still alive! Albeit, with one slight change:

Whoops, a lock of gray hair, just like Nancy's from A Nightmare on Elm Street! But instead of getting it from facing an immortal creature who can invade people's minds... Oh, I guess she did get it that way. Anyway, I thought the gray hair looked good but Katherine was NOT happy about it.

Meanwhile at the Salvatore shanty, these two murderers were just having a post-murder sunrise cuddlefest. They openly joked that any minute a villain would walk through the door and ruin their day. Because that's basically how their lives had been for several years now, it made sense. Why even bother setting an alarm clock when you are a magnet for supervillains?

And that's when Silas showed up, and like Katherine, he was ALSO very stoked to be alive. But in this case he was happy to be alive-yet-capable-of-death. Yes, today would be his death day, and to celebrate he was just witching it UP. Just so much witchery all over the living room.

We get it, show-off. Anyway, then Jeremy showed up and everybody decided to take a field trip to New Jersey to find the anchor so they could destroy it and by extension destroy monster purgatory so that Silas could die, but like 100% die, no take-backs. Blackout forever. Literally.

It made me laugh when he didn't let Elena join them because she looked too much like his dead ex. Also, he used ESP to fire a crossbow at her leg.

Haha rude! Oh Silas. But if we're being real, Silas is so much more fun now that he's essentially on the same side as the rest of these jokers. He seemed straight-up FUN in this episode. And a fun person with Paul Wesley's face has been a rare commodity on this show lately.

Haha Tessa is a major creep. Don't watch people sleep, that's creep sh*t! But also how weird was it that Stefan went home with Tessa and they did body shots until he passed out? That seems very unfun to me, but then again I hang out with raccoons (callback).

Oh, then she started bragging about how Silas was mortal now so all she had to do was venture forth from her weird brown cabin and murderize him. And also she'd thought through her plan PERFECTLY.

HAHA CLASSIC SILAS. Silas had bewitched her weird brown cabin so she was trapped there! Oh Tessa. Considering she's the most powerful female witch in existence she was acting like such a Bonnie in this episode.

This was amazing: Because Katherine is still a hobo, she decided to travel two hours to Elena's dorm room and use Elena's bathroom and just impersonate her in general. Perfect plan! No I mean it, it was perfect in that this was my favorite plotline of the episode and maybe of any episode. If only because it led to maybe the most epic teamup in TVD history.

So, Caroline came in and she was packing up boxes because of how Dr. Maxfield had told Elena that all vampires should drop out of college. But then of course Caroline has super senses and can tell the difference between a blood-eating demon and a human, so right away she knew "Elena" was an impostor.

To be fair, Katherine was doing an especially lazy impersonation. First of all, she came across as dynamic and with a vibrant internal life, so that set off Caroline's doppelganger 'dar (doppel-doppler?) like crazy. But things got EXPECIALLY good when Katherine immediately dangled an enticing proposition in front of Caroline: Katherine would use her expertise in supervillainy to help Caroline look into what Dr. Maxfield was up to. In exchange for that, Caroline just had to let Katherine chill on campus for a few days and also eat so much dorm food. Honestly, it was perfect. Not only was Katherine right (Caroline DID need the help), it appeared as though she seemed genuinely excited to be back in the saddle again. Scheming really makes Katherine come alive! It was like she suddenly had purpose again. Anyway: YES. This was happening.

Here's how Katherine and Caroline's plan went down basically:

THAT SMILE. This was no reluctant team-up, Caroline was legit LOVING IT. I can talk about this plotline all day and JUST MIGHT. The dynamics at play for both characters were so crowd-pleasing it was almost unbearable. First of all, obviously, watching Katherine use her skills for good (and selflessly too) is always going to give me brain tingles. But also seeing Caroline going sliiightly bad-girl for this plan was very enjoyable also. Obviously she is an angel and one of the few moral compasses this show has left (despite her occasional murder spree), but she seemed to be having a great time doing bad girl stuff with Katherine in a relatively harmless way. I don't know if the show would actually go down the road of having Katherine and Caroline become besties BUT I CAN PRAY.  No but really, look at her devious smile in this picture. It was just like Klaus' smile from this week's The Originals. (Can I talk about The Originals here? Is that okay?) Klaus' smile on this week's The Originals was so good and meaningful and attractive and rewarding it haunts my dreams. This was like that. Klaus and Caroline both had scene-stealing smiles this week, so if you believe in cosmic confluence, then rest assured that in some strange way KLAROLINE LIVES.

Okay this was some SHADE right here.

Haha Tessa answered Stefan's phone and told Elena that she'd slept with him. What a crazy thing to do! But it was a lot less crazy than dropping everything and confronting Stefan about it.

Haha classic Elena. The second it seemed like Stefan was getting his swerve on with someone else, Elena was there banging a pot and a spoon about it. Lady, go sit in your Mini Cooper and listen to Salt 'N Pepa's "None of Your Business" because that song is an accurate description of this situation. 

Anyway, Stefan had to set her straight.

HAHAHA amazing. The second Elena learned that Stefan's bone had been nowhere near Tessa's haunted cave Elena had no more use for him and spun around and left. OR TRIED TO.

Man, these ladies were throwing so much shade at each other all episode, it was enough to set back women's rights by a few decades. Oh well, suffrage was fun while it lasted.

So then Silas and Damon and Jeremy drove for SEVEN HOURS and suddenly they were in New Jersey busting open so many crates. 

I guess the "anchor" was somewhere in this room, but they were at risk of being discovered by the gypsies who were supposed to be protecting it and were I guess doing something else that day. Maybe they were at a water slide park or a planetarium, I can't say for sure. All I know is, these three bro hunks were tearing through this warehouse and no box was safe.

Anyway, back to the only plotline I truly cared about anymore and maybe the only plotline I will care about for the rest of my life, Katherine and Caroline decided to scrub Dr. Maxfield's blood of vervain and also imperil his jugular with a scalpel in order to get all the scoop. Three of my favorite characters in one room, can we get Jeremy up in here too orrrrrr nevermind. Okay so they figured out at least one thing: There IS a secret society on campus, and they were meeting that very moment, but vampires could NOT attend. What Dr. Maxfield did not know was this was not Elena, this was Katherine, a mortal, and the two ladies shared the most mischievous smiles. 

SIGHHHHH. These lady dreamboats had the whole situation ON LOCK. "Clever girl[s]" - Jurassic Park

Meanwhile I guess Tessa was tired of being a useless prisoner so she called up Damon and told him he had to murder Silas by sundown or else she'd murder Elena.

But of course, this was an annoying thing for Damon to deal with because he needed Silas alive a little bit longer so that he could bring Bonnie back to life. But then he realized he didn't care that much about Bonnie and immediately agreed to murder Silas pronto (which is a European word that means "ASAP".)

Haha forever LOL'ing at Katherine's Elena impersonation:

First of all, that church hair. But also just openly pretending to act very unsmart, but with a dash of don't-care. Ugh, so good. Anyway, yeah she just stepped right through that threshold and the lady detective who'd answered was like "Oh snap." NOW they didn't think Elena was a vampire anymore basically.

And then THIS happened:

Lest we forget, Katherine is a common hobo now, so she immediately went wild on that appetizer table and she did NOT care that Dr. Maxfield's himbo ward (whimbo?) was watching it all go down. But then it got even funnier when she tried to get all sly with him about what the deal was with the secret society.

Haha Katherine you rascal. 

The thing was, this guy did NOT know what the eff she was talking about. Then she got frustrated and her tooth fell out.

So between this and the grey streak did this mean that Katherine was now starting to show her age? Of FIVE HUNDRED YEARS? It was already pretty funny that Katherine's had to deal with the indignities of being a human being, but now it's getting crazy. Love this plotline. Anyway, we did not learn what was up with the secret society, but at least Katherine came away with a purse full of biscuits. So that was something.

Quick question: Does the Nobel Committee award prizes for best shirt? Because this shirt was truly something. I can't say anything else about it because I might violate the terms of my creep probation. The last thing I need is a phone call from my creep probation officer asking if I've been on the internet creepin' again. I WAS JUST TALKING A SHIRT STANLEY. Stanley won't care. I cannot go back to creep jail. Too many strikes. I am trying to get my life together, to make something of myself, to follow my dreams. Right now my main dream is to finally start my coffeeshop folk-pop band. The name of that band? JEREMY'S HENLEY. 

Anyway this scene had something to do with the fact that Jeremy found out that the plan to resurrect Bonnie was now off and Damon seemed bummed but agitated, I honestly cannot remember or care because my brain was scrambled by a certain wardrobe decision NOT MY FAULT.

Bonnie showed up and reminded everyone that there's basically no difference between her being dead or alive, so everybody relax.

* phone rings * OH HI STANLEY (UH OH GUYS I'M IN TROUBLE)

Anyway, then Damon was confronted in the warehouse by a couple of Travelers, which is the word this show is using to not get in trouble with the NAAGP. He tried to reason with them that he was now TRYING to kill Silas just like they'd want, but surprisingly they didn't want him to do that anymore so they used magic on him to give him a sunburn.

So Damon was forced to get poky and stabby, as was his right.

Do you think TVD uses the same dummy whenever somebody gets their heart ripped out? "Bring out the fistin' dummy!"

So while Katherine was out attending parties and spitting out molars, Dr. Maxfield's blood was sufficiently vervain-free and Caroline compelled him to give her all the scoop.

Couple things we learned: The secret society he belonged to was called the Augustine Society (or something, I can't remember bc henley) and there seemed to be a resident vampire on campus called the Augustine vampire (I think, my brain is scrambled, see earlier reason). The Augustine vampire was the creature that killed Caroline's roommate, although I know basically nothing about this thing, I'm picturing sort of an ancient Dracula type dude. Otherwise why would some college rally around him so much? So yeah, exciting! New villain! Please, please end this Silas thing already, so boring. Oh, also Caroline scrubbed Dr. Maxfield's brain of what had happened, and also the idea that she and her roommate were vampires at all. Mission accomplished! 

Meanwhile in Tessa's weird brown cabin, Stefan used vampire walkie talkies (a regular whisper) to assure Elena that he's on her side and wouldn't let her die. 

And he fulfilled that promise by stabbing Tessa with a big knife! Take that, you boring suicidal witch. Just kidding, violence is wrong J/K again WHAAT. "Take back the night." - Justin Timberlake

Oh I should have mentioned this earlier, but it turned out that anchor the dudes were looking for wasn't an inanimate object, it was an inanimate PERSON.

Amara wasn't dead after all! Tessa was kind of a liar. Anyway, Silas found Amara packed away in a crate (oh, haha, the episode title wasn't JUST a Traveling Wilburys song).

And he woke her up! Honestly, there is basically nothing that makes me angrier than being awake, so this was a pretty sucky thing for Silas to do to her. She was probably really enjoying herself! So yeah, no surprise here, Amara did NOT like being awake.

But credit where credit's due, she wasn't the type of lady to just complain about being alive and then enact some kind of complicated scheme involving a bunch of teenagers. No, she'd rather just grab a shard of glass and drink her ex-boyfriend's blood RIGHT AWAY.

Whoops, Silas' blood got drank. Despite being mortal, he didn't die. So he basically pulled a Katherine. I don't know. Who knows? Nobody.

Speaking of Katherine, I did NOT see this coming:

She returned to Dr. Maxfield and asked for his scientific help to save her life! Also she casually mentioned that she's Elena's doppelganger, and it was funny how nonchalantly that nugget of info was imparted and then received. Oh, a doppelganger, cool. Anyway, it looks SORTAAA like maybe Katherine wants the Augustine vampire's blood? Maybe to be turned back into a vampire? Or maybe something more complicated and creative? NO idea. Just as long as she spends more time on campus chillin' with Caroline I will be happy. Maybe she can even fall in love with Dr. Maxfield just sayinnn (I'm in a facility currently).

So after a big day in which nearly everybody failed at their most basic tasks, Damon and Jeremy drove another SEVEN HOURS back to Mystic Falls while Elena and Stefan also returned to the Salvatore shanty. Elena thanked Stefan and attempted to tell him that he's a good guy naturally, but we've just seen two previous episodes that contradict that. Still, he did score points for preventing Elena from being brutally murdered by a witch, so I guess Stefan was back to being sorta hero-ish. (To be fair he wasn't as condescending either.)

That's when Damon decided to show Elena what he'd brought back from New Jersey.

HAHAHA Amara's reaction at seeing Elena was intensely perfect. Follow your instincts, Amara, get out of there ASAP! ("ASAP" is an acronym for "and sprint as puma.")

But the episode's revelations were not quite over: Waiting up in Stefan's room was a recently stabbed primordial witch!

And she made him remember EVERYTHING. All the things of his whole life, which in a way was a very brutal form of revenge seeing as Stefan's life has been 85% nightmare. He's done a lot of bad things to be honest. Killed his father. Corrupted his brother. Ate most of Kentucky. But if we're being real, I am not that sympathetic. We've all been through things. Stefan's main redemption has always been that he was an emotional, empathetic creature who frequently did very heroic and selfless things for people. Plus, you know, he had a better personality than Amnesia Stefan, who was the worst sorry. So yeah, welcome back, Stefan's brain!

That was it! "Handle With Care" was a good episode. I am very tired of the leftover mythology from last season but I am very NOT-TIRED of seeing human Katherine do ANYTHING, especially teaming up with Caroline. I think the college plotline is starting to get juicy, and I'm excited to see the Tessa/Silas stuff starting to wrap up. You know? That's just progress.

OK BRB going to creep jail.

QUESTIONS

... Should Katherine & Caroline get their own spin-off?

... Are you excited to learn more about the Augustine vampire?

... Remember when Klaus smiled on The Originals a few days ago?

... Is Matt okay?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/13/2016

Season 7 : Episode 22

349 Comments
Comments (349)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Qetsiyah was sooo great in this episode, so was Nina. The scene where Qetsiyah tricked Elena to come to the cabin, made me laugh, lol. And I loved the interaction between Katherine and Aaron. Katherine is the best! Ugh oh... she's aging... that got me worried.
Flag
Jeez the CW really need to give Nina Dobrev a raise. Woman is killing it with multiple different characters! Not unlike the amazing Tatiana Maslany now that I think of it.
Flag
Woo hoo so I've finally binge-watched my DVR'ed episodes to get caught up with this season. The slow decay of Katherine in this episode was sort of a microcosm of the episode in itself - it was a bit slow, especially compared to the break-neck speed of this season so far, but I guess its kind of a table-setter episode.
One other thing I loved how they started the episode with "Bitter Rivals" by Sleigh Bells that's such an intense song I love it and it was a nice backdrop for Katherine's opening scene at the diner
Flag

People tell me I look like Nina aka Elena and Kathrine and Amara
Add me on Facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/Catherine2.0000
Flag
People tell me I look like Nina aka Elena and Kathrine and Amara
Flag
So Nina Dobrev is playing 3 characters now? Ugh enough with the doppelgangers. Why can't TVD find a brand new storyline?
Flag
They coild also. Use look alikes Instead of the same actress playing all 3 characters
Flag
... Yes
... I guess
... It made my day
... No? Idk
Flag
They need to give Caroline something else to work with other than pining over Tyler, so I wouldn't mind Kat and Care teaming up together on a weekly basis. OH, and Katherine incrementally changing Caroline into a villain. Haha.

Flag
that WOULD be awesome if she did become a villian...Caroline needs to fight more
Flag
I love Caroline BUT she was so much more badass when she first changed. She had amazing control(still does) and she was kicking ass every other episode. They need to bring that back and stop making her cry all the time.
Flag
Oh man.. this was EPIC.
Flag
Oh man, Silas was great this episode. The knock knock joke, "Did you want me to pinky swear?", shooting Elena with an arrow and pointing out how weird/gross the doppelganger triangle is LOL! It wasn't Amnesia Stefan, but I'll definitely take it. I might actually miss Silas now...please allow Stefan to be this snarky writers.

Now that Stefan has his memories back, does this mean he's going to be claustrophobic and aquaphobic? I'm fine with this, but I do NOT want to watch Elena help him through panic attacks. I know a kiss scene will be in there somewhere and I've had enough. Her running to Tessa's cabin this episode was disgusting. You have a boyfriend who you were just cuddling! Stop it Elena!!!

Questions:
  • YES! They could call it Bag Guy 101: A Descent into Villainy! Part of me wishes Katherine took Caroline under her wing from the beginning, but either way, their team up is full of so much win. Really hope they get to star in a TVD/TO crossover :)
  • Yes. I hope this doesn't have more ties to Elena or the Triangle. Basically no Damon doppelganger please! Really hope this guy can help Katherine too.
  • Yes, it was lovely. Caroline's was too. I need them to share that smile with each other.
  • No, some crazy accented traveler hijacked his body and his friends don't care because they're too busy worrying about a dead person. Bonnie, instead of making goo goo eyes at Jeremy and giving lectures on consequences that you clearly no longer care about this episode, maybe you should direct everyone's attentions to the tainted mashed potatoes in the corner.
More+
Flag
Love how u used "need" as opposed to "want" them to share that smile, totally feel that though
Flag
I think its kind of sad that so many people prefer tortured Stefan to emotionally adjusted Stefan... but hey... Misery loves company. LOL.. j/k. No one get their panties in a bunch. Anyways. I'm interested in finding out how Katherine is going to come out on top. I've always loved her. Who is the Augustine vampire and where is Jessie... What happened to him? If the Augustine vamp is so bad why would the professor make another one? Questions, questions, questions. Where is Silas? Is he bummed that his one true love is.... Not exactly who/what he thought? Hahaha, Damon, season 1 and 2 all over again. And where is murderous Damon? They are taming him a little too much.... And he is still fine whomever said he was ugly. I will cyber scratch your eyes out. Haha.. internet fights are fun.
Flag
Well, Damon is keeping his composure because of Elena. Cause I guess she "changed" him? Or maybe Damon and Elena aren't that different considering they both tried to murder Katherine. I could say that for other characters on the show but outliers aside, Delena are killers only if Elena lets it happen.
Flag
Aaahh... I forgot about the Katherine murder attempt so quickly. *sighs* Yes, I would have been pretty upset about that. Well adjusted Stefan was "snap on everybody's feelings" Stefan. It was funny watching everybody's feelings hurt. *chuckling* I love everybody but they are kind of spoiled sometimes so someone going against the masses is fun to see.
Flag
Coz emotionally adjusted doesn't make 4 good drama
Flag
This show is serving some Orphan Black realness I see. Except Orphan Black is actual good. OMG this is getting ridiculous. How many characters with Nina's face will we gona get?????
Ian is getting UGLY is so tragic. It's too late to ask to bring Alaric back instead of Bonnie?
Where is Matt???????????
Flag
Seriously, where is Matt? Pretty sure being inhabited by a traveler is a really big deal considering that the travelers are also involved in this Silas/Tessa nonsense. I bet you next episode he'll just pop back up and everyone will know and be somewhat cool with Matt's extra passenger.
Flag
Oh yes please, lets have Alaric back instead of Bonnie.

Won't Alaric being back make Elena just as happy as Bonnie being back. It will also have the added benefit giving of Damon someone to have snarky drinking conversations with and snarky Damon is so much better than any other type of Damon. I have nothing against Bonnie, but Alaric is actually fun to watch.
Flag
Part of me is hoping maybe somehow the writers can make it so Alaric is the Augustine vampire! (A girl can dream...)
Flag
He did become a vampire before they trap him I with Bonnie it's possible he got free but Iam hoping Kathrine has a identical twin sisster. In this photo i found it says she has a sister

Flag
She did have a sister, but Klaus killed her and Katherine's parents.
Flag
I feel like I’m constantly reinventing myself. I’m like a supernatural Madonna, don’t you think?” - Silas. I really love that guy. VD is on the fire this season. Love that.

Flag
Totally. Don't get why it + Delena's reaction to it wasn't in the review.
Flag
He was very funny this episode.
Flag
I was not aware that the photo recap was back, YAY! I love these, I am glad you are back!

... Should Katherine & Caroline get their own spin-off?

No, I personally feel good with just one spin off but I do think they should get a lot more scenes together.

... Are you excited to learn more about the Augustine vampire?

Yes! New bad guys are always fun.

... Remember when Klaus smiled on The Originals a few days ago?

Yes! I am liking The Originals more than TVD actually, everything about it has been great!

... Is Matt okay?

I hope so :(
Flag
Dear Bonnie,

I say this with the best intention for your character development:
JUST STAY DEAD!!! And not like ghost-dead, but like no-screentime-ever-dead.

Regards,
Everyone
Flag
No, Bonnie will not stay dead. Y'all r h8ers
Flag
Agreed. I've been over her since season 2. I was so happy when she died... I should've known it wouldn't last though. Ugh. Just like Bill on True Blood. The gross people never stay dead when you want them to!
Flag
I enjoy your photo recaps so much! "Doing so much science right now, I sat on it and spinned, Eat forcefield..." How do you come up with all these in just 1 episode? Keep it up! I know I won't be able to stop laughing every Friday or Saturday... :)
Flag
Staff
Whoa thank you so much. It helps to have mental probs
Flag
Who comes up with all those stupid plots. How many damn clones are there. The show is hitting new levels of stupidity every month! Katherine spinoff, NOW!
Flag
Are you calling your imaginary probation officer Stanley because you've seen Ford Fairlane, or because you haven't?
Flag
Jeremy really has the smallest head.....
Flag
Naa he has a normal size head, it's those monster shoulders and neck that's the problem. He should tone it down with the protein shakes. Any bigger and his neck will disappear lol
Flag
And after that his head will too! And then he can swap shows -> sleepy hollow! :)
Flag
Katherine is the best and Caroline is the best. So having them team up together was the best effing thing possible. LOVED that plot line so much! Poor Katherine is dying, but man does she have the best sense of humour or what? I love that girl. Nina Dobrev deserves an award. I didn't really care about anything else, this Amara chick seems boring, I hope she dies quickly, same with Silas and Tessa. The whole Augustine thing seems pretty stupid, but I'll bite and see what the deal is, but only because it better lead to more teaming between Caroline and Katherine! Kathline? Carothline? Whatever, they are the best.
Flag
Staff
Yes
Flag
Two things i loved about this episode The Katherie and Caroline Team up and Bonnie's Ectoplasmic Sploosh face after Jeremy brushed her chin, i literally laughed my ass off. But Yes More Kat n Caroline my two fave characters join forces i spent their off screen time thinking of spin off ideas
Flag
What are your ideas? Do any of them involve mass amounts of manipulative villainy and/or off switches? Mine do! I'm really curious to see Caroline go dark. I'm sure she would be WAY better at it then "I can't handle anything" Elena.
Flag
I have a big question. If the universe is trying to bring the Ninas ands Pauls together, who is Katherine's Paul? Why is Stefan Elena's Paul and not Katherine's? She lost her chance with Stefan and that was it??
Flag
Doubt every Nina has her own Paul. Besides Katsia just seems like the type of person to exaggerate her miseries, the never-ending uniting of the Nina's & Paul's was probably just 5/6 pairs of them that actually found each other.
Either way, this is TVD, should know by now to just leave the brain behind.
Flag
Yeah Questiyah was probably lying to mess with Damon. It's probably not as final as she makes it sound. I still hate this new mythology though.
Flag
there are no more human Salvatore's so their bloodlines stopped so pretty much Kat & Elena have to share Stefan...unless the other 3 Stefan doppelgangers end up being alive
Flag
I doubt Doppelgangers (except from Tatia onwards?) have to be of the same bloodline.

Would be VERY wierd considering they'd be of the same bloodlines since according to Ketsia, most Nina-gers & Paul-gers end up together.
Flag
but like lets just SAY that hypothetically Amara & Silas had kids....their kids could have sex with whoever they want and so on but their blood is still passed down from each child born
Flag
I don't really see how they could have had kids, they didn't have time (she was frozen by Tatia and he thought she was dead far too soon in their story). The other combinations that we have met, they were at least one vampire per couple. So no children from both doppelgangers yet.
Flag
mmm all the ninas are from the same blood line and all the pauls as well... and also, I think they say that the universe is trying to get them together all the time, but it doesn't look like the universe is being succesful. At least, none of them has had children together.
Flag
But the original misbalance was 2 people becoming immortal, not 2 lovers being separated. So as long as Silas & Amara were immortal, a shadow self could exist (Katherine was technically dead by the time Elena was born).

As for the "setting them up" part, I'd lyk to believe Tessa was being cuckoo when she said every Nina would have a Paul coz like the 1st post says, Kat & Elena have just the 1 between them. If the universe was all about bringing them together, that wouldn't have happened.

And as for the possibility of children, we only know of 3 Nina-gers (+ Amara) & 1 Paul-ger (+ Silas). In 2000 years, I'm guessing there's been more and some of them must've had happy-ever-afters (while others, like Kat/Elena's missing Paul never met in the 1st place). Why else would Tessa be soo bitter about the whole doppelganger thing. I mean, if all the pairs met but never made it, she'd be happy not mad.

PS. My head hurts now.
Flag
this is getting far too confusing for what it is LOL
Flag
i did say HYPOTHETICALLY....
Flag
that's defenitely not what I understood - she talked about the universe trying to set them together to correct what happen to the original couple and everything else being obstacles... and it doesn't look like the original misbalance has been solved yet, so I doubt there are any children from a Tina and a Paul anywhere
Flag
Tatia said the Universe consistently brought them together. That implies having kids. The Universe does not do halfsies. Just ask Ted Mosby (a.k.a Universe Guy).

That being said, the bloodline thing could just be the TVD writers losing of track of what happens on their own show. I guess they'll probly just use ur explanation. And break all the fictional laws of the Universe :/
Flag
yep, we don't know if that Zach guy or any other prior uncle Zach had children... right?
Flag
Not dead just Katherine-d.
Couse, he's 1500 yrs older so the dying process could go faster.
Flag
weird, its all weird, the writers dont know what they are doing!
Flag
Uh. Guys. I don't think that matters now that both Silas & Amara are mortal again.
Flag
Silas is dead, right?
Flag
right... the Salvatore's probably had a big family...you never know
Flag
OH MY GOD YOU MENTIONED THE TRAVELING WILBURYS
Flag
Staff
Oh I WENT there
Flag
Wilbury BFFs
Flag
this has quickly turned into show u love to hate. its so silly.
Flag
ps. loving the images had me in stitches STABBING UUU!!!
Flag
Okay now this is just getting ridiculous. I hope Nina Dobrev is getting paid per character for the amount of work she's been doing lately. I can't imagine trying to explain this episode to someone who hasn't seen tvd before. It'd go along the lines of: 'Oh that's Elena, now that's Katherine and that's Katherine pretending to be Elena and now that's Amara'!
Flag
Am just counting down the days till they decide Tatia can also join the fold.
I'll even take flashbacks on The Originals.
Flag
At least Tatia and her bloodline made SENSE. I would have taken Tatia back in the day, but now doppelgangers are a dime a dozen so she's no longer interesting. I just KNOW they would destroy the story even more.
Flag
Klaus & Elijah both fell for her. She must be something special.
Flag
LOL she would be a great doppelganger, that's for sure!
Flag
if it's somebody that has seen Orphan Black, they will be fine with it
Flag
i wonder when the third stefan gonna show up -.-
Flag

Also mr. Price, I still haven't catched up on The Originals, please I hope your TVD reviews won't have any spoilers :(
Flag
All he said was Klaus smiled. And it apparently was a nice smile. I'm looking forward to catching up and seeing this pretty Klaus smile. hehe
Flag
Staff
It's glorious
Flag
btw I caught up last night. It was indeed glorious.
Flag
Seeing as the line of female doppelganger existed, it was just logical for Amara to be alive... was that supposed to be a surprise?
Also still very confused about Silas magic... since he could be essiccated, it looks like the immortality spell made him quite weaker than his witch version.
Flag
When they first said she died I said, "What?! That makes no sense, why does Elena even exist then if the girl has been dead all this time?" But as soon as they started talking about the Anchor I had a feeling crazy Tessa was lying. I still hate this mythology rewrite. Being Tatia's doppelganger made so much more sense.
Flag
well Amara could've had family to finish the bloodline....THINK lol
Flag
No, the need for the doppelganger should have ended the moment Amara died. No immortal means no need for balance. I'm glad she was alive because I kept saying their line makes no sense. Still doesn't explain Tatia though. Doppelganger mythology rewrite still sucks in that regard.
Flag
They shud keep a chart. But seeing the mess on our screens, pretty sure they don't & just expect us to comment-up a solution to everything.

Anyways, if Amara was alive & that's why her doppelgangers are required, maybe it was just a coincidence that she was the one used to make the originals.
Or maybe doppelgangers are just irresistible & everyone who meets them falls for them.
Flag
That's what I'm so mad about, so Esther casually used an Amara's doppelganger to start the Klaus stuff? And everyone that ever talked about ths sun and the moon curse understood nothing? REALLY????
Flag
@tdm260 Oh wow, I had never thought of that Shadow Self explanation for Stefan's control problem. Definitely would have been a cool idea. :)
Flag
LOL they definitely don't have a chart.

The mythology was just better the first time around. Amara didn't need to be connected to Elena, but they wanted to pander to the triangle with this "fate" bullcrap. Stefan being Silas' shadowself would be so much more interesting if they related it to his ripperdom. They should have given us something like, "The reason Stefan is so ravenous is because he's connected to Silas and he feels Silas' hunger so he's twice as hungry as anyone else." Doppelganger and Shadowself didn't need to be the same thing, but now they are and it's killing the story for most of the audience.
Flag
Is it just me or is professor creepy getting hotter every episode
Flag
Are professors/teachers the only creepy adults the MF crew is going to get close too? I guess that profession really attracts the weirdos, either way it's getting old.
Flag
1. Hell yes, with Rebekah in it too. 2. Yes, I want some new mythology and I hope it's a Damon doppelganger. 3. Yes , King Klaus is sexy 4. I miss Matt, hope he gets more Irish accent and storylines
Flag
Highlights:
Everything to do with Katherine. She makes a much better "partner in crime" for Caroline.
2. Elena's intelligence compared to that of a duck... Rather apt, I think!

Concerns:
1. Another doppelgänger? I do hope Amarah's like Katherine and nothing like Elena!!! Don't think I can handle 2 of them!!
2. Does this mean that tortured Stephan is back? I really like fun Stephan!
Flag
Silas' knock-knock joke was the best thing that ever happened tbh
Flag
Tripplegangers... how awesome is that? Well it is not because it's dump to have 3 Humpty Dumpty's by the end of the season we have 27 of them and all of them are in a love triangle with Damon and Stefan or people who look like them. Said it last week and I repeat myself... the mature writers left to The Originals and now we got a show that is based on celluloid waste such as Twilight + it seems to be inspired by Days of our life's
Flag
Good Lord, now there are 3 Elenas!!
Where did Katherine's daughter go? I thought they would be hanging out or something. She could be taking care of Katherine.
Flag
Yes, Caroline and Katherine should totally get a spin-off! Yes, to the Augustine vampire story (anything where Kay is involved basically) yes to klaus's smile ( team klaroline) and yes, what about mash potatoes?
Flag
It's - The DOPPLEGANGER Diaries!
FML
Flag
ELENA is now officially THE WORST female character on television!

Flag
Nope I think Serena van der woodsen has still got her beaten
Flag
nope Sookie Stackhouse has her beat.....
Flag
Ugh it's a tie for me. I consider both of these ladies to be the worst. Yes, technically Sookie has led on more men than Elena, but I think her blatant actions to keep Amnesia Stefan interested in her despite her relationship with Damon evens out the playing field.
Flag
Yeah Sookie is awful! But to me she's been awful from day 1. Whereas Elena used to have something that resembled a personality and that's why she get my top spot on the worst list. She devolved into a monkey! Or a duck, if you will.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Sorry, Laurel is the worst female character on tv at the moment
Flag
Where the fuck were Matt and Katherine's "daughter"? This show truly only lives on screen! As in we can't ever assume ANYTHING happens offscreen on TVD. So basically, this week/episode Matt + Nadia = DO NOT EXIST!
Or maybe they're also in a box (like Amara) aka their trailer.
Flag
Paul Wesley is getting hotter by the minute as Silas *_*
Flag
Oh man, him calling out the lunacy of the triangle, considering both brothers already loved someone with that face, was priceless!
Flag
Going through the comments, I am really curious about that:
Poll
Extremely curious I would say? Also what's wrong with the fireplace. They go around with T-Shirts, shorts etc and they need a fireplace?? And the fire does not even look fake. They really light up the fireplace!!!
Flag
Did anyone see that Ford Fiesta spoiler with Kat Graham? "Bonnie's dead on the other side, but we'll definitely see her and Jeremy continue to develop their relationship." Um that is NOT news and I still don't know WHY these two love each other so much. I feel like I missed an episode, but I know I didn't.
Flag
haha yeah I was thinking the same, that fireplace was so random
Flag
and it's lit in every single episode!!!
Flag
1. Caroline and Katherine show - I would totally watch that!

2. Augustine vampire meh.. I hope it gets interesting quickly.. also I think it's gonna be someone connected to the guys from Mystic Falls, you know, someones dad or uncle or MOM or AUNT!

3, oh, I remember Klaus perfectly! yum!

4. nobody cares..
Flag
This was a good episode. so now we have:
Stefan Anmenisia, Silas the Witch.
Elena the annoying one.
Katherine the cool one.
Amara the crazy one.

In the beginning i like the idea, but they keep coming and now it is beginning to be a bit annoying...

Loved the Katherine helping out Caroline part...She did finally something good. Now the proffesor will hopefully leave them alone.

Sad that Bonnie is not coming back. I would have loved to see a fight between her and Tessa or that they work together to kick some Silas ass.

Flag
I loved SIlas Knock-Knock-Joke:
"Knock-Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Mayor"
"Mayor who?"
"Mayor nobody, because I KILLED HIM"
Too bad Bonnie wasn't there like she usually is...
Flag
Jeremy: You're a dick.

LOL The whole delivery of that was perfect. I also enjoyed Silas being disgusted by Elena, not wanting to look at her because it's weird, and poking at the triangle in the process.
Flag
I was watching this and when Amara was revealed to be alive still I groaned and said "I love Nina Dobrev, but this is getting to be a bit much". Nina Dobrev playing THREE different characters? Granted it seems like they will all be different extremes with Amara being very insane and very fragile, Elena being sometimes a little bit fragile but less insane and Katherine just being ballsy sassy mcsassy pants...still. I mean, can we get 3 Ian Somerhalders instead? Just for funsies...and possibly my fanstasies? No?
Flag
But Nina Dobrev is so amazing with all of the different characters. I don't know that any of the other actors could even pull it off. . . but she definitely can!
Flag
"ballsy sassy mcsassy pants". would it be legal if I changed my name to this?
Flag
Back in the day I remember we wanted to see Tatia, but that's when Doppelganger's were still mysterious and had ties to the Originals. Now they've just become an over used plot device. Soon everyone will have a doppelganger. Ugh
Flag
Not gonna lie - I wouldn't complain if Klaus and Elijah had doppelgangers. Can't have too many Joseph Morgans walking around, in my borderline-obsessed opinion :)
Flag
Too true! I love looking at those faces.
Flag
I like your idea, though unlike the Dobrevs I wouldn't mind if they were all the same character
Flag
Katherine, Rebekah, and Caroline on their own show.
Flag
So, maybe I'm just jonesing for some Klaroline, but that pic of Caroline smiling at Katherine as she injects that guy sends me back to Tuesday's TO. Klaus had that same smile when Elijah flung one of the minions into the rafters, holding dripping hearts out like an offering. Missing Klaroline makes me sad.
Flag
Okay, wrote that before I read beyond the pic where Price recalled Klaroline.

That girl needs to vampire-super-speed straight to NOL. Katherine can ride on her shoulders. MF can then drape the furniture in sheets and close up the town square 'cause without Katholine and Klaroline, there's really no point.
Flag
This is what watching the Vampire Diaries last night did to my brain:

The Augustine vampire is a mystic, a Catholic monk from the middle ages who got turned into a vampire during a ceremonial magic ritual performed by an occult order predating Aleister Crowley.

Leonardo Da Vinci has connections to the Augustine vampire in that it was he who initiated him into the order. You can find secret hints of the Augustine vampire if you closely examine the Mona Lisa, as well as Da Vinci's sketches of the flying machine. It's all there, you just have to look for the secret message that reads "So lame the hair of Stefan."

The reason the Augustine vampire's blood is different to that of other vamps is because it contains the blood of Christ. As many of you know, Christ was the creator of all vampires, because he encouraged humans to drink his blood.

This is why the Augustine vampire is a Catholic mystic, because he communed with Christ, mixed his blood with his, and then that's how he got sired by Christ himself.

The Augustine vampire is really Anne Rice's creation (Mnenoch the devil meets the Vampire Armand), but Plec and Williamson changed a few details to avoid being accused of plagiarism. That plus a little bit of True Blood Season 6 thrown in with all the scifi dissect-this-vampire elements.

Next thing you know Dr. Maxfield and the society will reveal that their secret agenda is to genetically engineer a disease to kill vampires in the nastiest of ways, only in Vampire Diaries it won't be called Hepatitis V. It might be called black plague to obliterate the vamp in your life or something to that effect.

So yeah, I definitely agree that the Vampire Augustine, or the Augustine vampire (so as not to make it sound as obvious as a stolen creation from Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles) will be the one that cures Katherine. The blood of the Augustine vampire is the antidote to whatever ails Katherine.

Kind of like when Bill and Eric drank Warlo's blood and became daywalkers without the need for a ring. And Bill served as a Christ figure who saved all the vampires. Warlo's blood is half fairy, half vampire, so that's how it's so magical. In the same way, the Augustine vampire has this very magical blood that will serve as the antidote to whatever ails Katherine, Silas and Amara.

So the Augustine vampire is really a canonized saint, who now runs free around campus, killing college students and getting his crimes covered up by a post-modern Catholic inquisition masquerading as a secret society.

Yeah, so this is the subtext I read into last night's episode of Vampire Diaries.
More+
Flag
Staff
I LIKE THIS
Flag
Hey thanks, man, love your recaps. They're hilarious.
Flag
No more Nina's!
Flag
I've heard since The Originals is taking a large amount of TVD's budget, they are using Nina Dobrev to perform the roles of Damon and Stefan Salvatore. She might end up performing Graham's character since no one wants her to come back to life.
Flag
I would drive myself off a bridge, but I'd probably come back as a Vampire. Played by Nina Dobrev.
Flag
Why not?
Flag
So, Katherine is aging, I hope they don't drag this the entire season, if they plan to kill her (I hope not!). Caroline and Katherine teaming up was the best part of this episode and the only good part too, well that and Silas joke.
Three doppelganger ? I hope Nina is getting pay what she deserves for all the work, I'm not very interesting in this arc right now, I'm more interested in find out who is Augustine or whatever his name is and I'm hoping is not another doppelganger.
I knew it! Elena is as smart as a duck!
Still not caring about Bonnie...
Will Nadia be able to help Katherine ? will the Doctor ? as time passes Katherine will become more desperate and she may do something that some people consider 'evil', who knows I'm just guessing.
Not as good episode as last one, Katherine had to carry this one in her shoulders, at least this means she is not going to die soon (I hope!).

Flag
It's probably not a good sign that I saw the "Is Matt okay?" part and thought "Who the fuck is Matt?"
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members