A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 21, 2016)

The Vampire Diaries S05E03: "Original Sin"

It feels right that The Vampire Diaries has finally entered its college years because in many ways this show has always felt VERY college-like. You know, what with all the underwear dancing and liquor pounding and absent parents and especially the irregular class schedules. And while most of the time this show feels like a good old-fashioned Thursday night two-keg rager, every now and again it'll get so serious and information-intensive it's like an Monday morning 8am lecture all of the sudden. I'm speaking, of course, about the flashback episodes. Romance cosplayers and wig enthusiasts LOVE the flashback episodes but I'm more of a forward-momentum type guy. I'm sorry but flashback episodes are usually so boring to me! Too often they just feel like information dumps, and much like a particularly dry college lecture, they are VERY skippable. Just get the lecture notes from that sexy nerd down the hall, you know?

All of this is a very dumb way of saying that "Original Sin" was a flashback episode where not a ton happened in the present tense. Not my favorite kind of episode, but ON THE OTHER HAND, for the first time in a while, the Silas stuff started to make sense. SORT OF. It's still ludicrously complicated in a way that doesn't seem very compelling, but at least the long-running issue of the doppelgangers has been fully explained! Not only explained, but given A LOT of importance that should pay off in big ways in the future. So yeah, even though I could've just gotten the lecture notes for this episode, there were still a lot of worthwhile topics discussed! Let's talk about 'em.

If you had seen last week's preview or any of the ads, the big angle was that THE RIPPER was back. Which I guess would've been the result of Stefan flipping off his humanity switch again. Even though I thought that the humanity switch had been proven to be false during Elena's plotline? I don't remember. But that's why this episode started off all scary, because what EXACTLY would Stefan be like now that he'd been freed from his safe? 

Well, just ask yourself how YOU would feel if you hadn't eaten in months and had to to walk across town in wet underwear.

This poor bartender lady got bit up pretty badly, but then we knew Stefan was NOT the Ripper because he shouted at her to scram, thereby saving her life. So yeah, those ads all lied to us, Stefan was still regular Stefan, he was just annoyed from all the hunger pangs.

Also he didn't have his ring anymore, and maybe also he no longer had the part of his brain that remembered he can't walk in the sun without it? So the next thing we knew he was just chillin' in direct sunlight BURNING ALL UP LIKE CRAZY.

Oh, Stefan. Obviously this was not the most graceful way to re-emerge into society, but welcome back anyway!

But then Elena shot up in bed as though she had dreamt it all. Had she dreamt it all? What a weird and specific dream, if so. Guys, spoiler alert, but she did not dream it all. Her dream was a documentary of what was actually going on as I'm sure she knew by now. Still though, Damon was skeptical. Of all the insane things they've ever experienced over the years, Damon drew the line at dreams reflecting reality. Or maybe he was just tired of reading so much writing on the wall? 

Here was the fun twist though: Katherine had had the same dream as Elena! That's when it became clear there was something going on with the doppelgangers. Like, it was some kind of doppelganger party line up in their brains. That should've brought Damon a measure of comfort right?

FYI this is Katherine's "time for a road trip to go find our missing friend" pose. It is the best pose. And she was posing this way because it was time for a road trip to find their missing friend!

Here's where things got VERY boring yet VERY informative. Stefan had NOT burned up in the morning sunlight because... He'd been rescued by a sexy & mysterious stranger!

Hey look, it was Luna from True Blood! Now, maybe your heart was racing because everyone knows Luna is to date one of the Top 5 worst characters ever featured on True Blood, but calm down. This character was no Luna. She had personality, this lady. If you were like me you immediately were like, "Oh, this must be Katsia." Just right away that's what I thought. But hold all of your horses, just hold them and brush them and love them because this episode was still about 15 long minutes away from confirming this suspicion. In fact, it was better off that you just put that idea out of your head so as to not ruin the "surprise" later. 

Honestly, the biggest surprise of the episode was when we got Silas flashbacks! Because come on:

If I had been drinking a beverage when this image came on screen my living room would've been wetter than Stefan's brain. LOOK AT HIM. Just look at him, guys. Also, "Two Thousand Years Ago"? So basically 13 A.D. I don't mean to be a nit-picker, but I'm pretty sure Ancient Greece was a B.C. sort of thing SORRY. Unless they meant the territory of Greece but the era of Ancient Rome? Look, doesn't matter, all that matters is I immediately started holding out hope we'd meet Teen Jesus. Unfortunately, we did NOT meet Teen Jesus, at least not this week. (I heard a rumor Teen Jesus will be next season's Big Bad). But look who we DID meet:

So yeah, this lady was definitely Katsia right? Except NOT SO FAST, she was still really hoping Stefan would think she was someone else. She was not a great storyteller. But she was definitely from Two Thousand Years ago in Ancient Greece and she'd had some kind of romance with Silas. Like, who else could she have been? 

Even Stefan just kinda stood there like, "What's the deal? Why are you telling me this?" Then and only then did she come clean with what had been crazy obvious:

KATSIA, you clever minx. She proved she was Katsia by turning the fire blue. So yeah, we finally met Katsia! After she'd been discussed so much last season you'd think her introduction would be a little more exciting, but oh well. She was just sort of an angry witch with a broken heart who created purgatory just to get back at an ex. NBD.

Elena and Damon and Katherine's road trip was not going great so far. For one thing Katherine LOOOOVED teasing Damon about Elena leaving Damon for Stefan. Her evidence was that she still very much cared about Stefan, so dreaming about him must've meant that Elena did too.

I mostly just liked these scenes because of how flawless the split-screening was. I will never not be blown away when Elena and Katherine share scenes. It's really something.

So then the gypsy lady had a phone call with Silas who told her she was supposed to murder Matt just to make sure his brain-stowaway was fully dead. Stabbing her bestie in the neck was not enough, I guess his spirit still could've been hiding inside a pile of mashed potatoes. So she went up to Matt in the back alley behind Mystic Grill and summoned her bestie and YUP. He was still in there. 

And wasn't it so amazing when Matt started talking like an Eastern European and got mad at her for having murdered his body and then they made out like characters on a very passionate telenovela?

What was going ON with these people? But yeah, the reveal was that this lady wasn't necessarily in league with Silas. She was double-crossing EVERYBODY basically. 

Speaking of betrayal, here's where Katsia's story started getting juicy. Apparently she'd devised a potion that would make her and Silas immortal, and they were going to drink it on their wedding day, except he stole the potions and ditched her at the altar so he could go off and become immortal with her handmaiden. Oh and look at the handmaiden's face:

BOOM! This was how all the doppelganger stuff began. Nature hates immortality, so the second Silas and this "Amara" lady drank the potion, the curse of the doppelgangers began for both of them. This was a very good reveal. Before this moment I really thought the Silas-Stefan doppelganger stuff was easily the dumbest plot twist in this show's history. Like, what were the chances? But not only did this make a logical sense, it suggested that it was NOT a coincidence that Elena and Stefan both wound up in the same terrible small town and then fell in love, but we'd learn more about that in a minute.

Meanwhile Damon and Elena were still on Stefan's trail. The bartender he'd attacked told them that he'd been rescued by someone driving the stolen pickup truck of a local. Then she poured him a shot of vervain-laced booze!

As it turned out, the gypsy lady had beaten them here and she REALLY wanted to kidnap Katherine. That's when Katherine walked in and attempted to play a little game of Guess the Correct Doppelganger.

This was a nice moment, because it seemed like sort of a dick move on Katherine's part to impersonate Elena, but then Elena tackled the gypsy woman and courageously stalled her so Katherine could escape.

So the reveal here was that the gypsy woman was ALSO a vampire? She moved super fast and was super strong, so I think that's what they were suggesting. That made it even stranger that she'd be waving a gun around, but that's not my problem.

Meanwhile Katsia's story just kept getting more effed up. I guess after discovering that Silas had stolen her immortality potion and given it to some servant, she put into motion her plan to create purgatory so that supernatural creatures could not spend eternity with humans. Or something like that. So she forced Amara to become human again and then murdered her!

Silas was NOT happy about this turn of events, if only because his favorite set of sheets was now completely ruined. But also if he wanted to spend eternity with the handmaiden lady he'd have to give up his immortality. 

Or something? I was already losing track of all this stuff. Look, I'm sure the origins of The Other Side and what Katsia wanted for herself and Silas make sense on paper, but it's just not landing for me as something I'm supposed to care about. Also the main takeaway was that she's a jealous woman, which is not my favorite motivation, especially since she'd had over 2,000 years to get over it. Silas seemed very douchey to begin with, and there's basically been a revolving door of supernatural hunks hanging out on The Other Side, you'd think she'd have forgotten about him by now.

So yeah. Anyway, Katsia was now alive again because Bonnie had lowered the veil, so her main thing was she wanted to continue what she'd started: Cure Silas, murder him, and banish him to Heaven? Which was exactly what he wanted also? I must've gotten that wrong somehow. Wait, DID they have the exact same agenda? I realize I'm not great at information-retention, but it can't be a good sign that I still do not understand what is going on with these characters and that I don't care enough to Ask Jeeves either.

This was a really nice moment. Despite the fact that a gypsy vampire was giving chase, Elena and Katherine took a second to clear some of the drama between them. Specifically, Katherine wanted to know why Elena cured her but then didn't murder her. Fair question, but Elena answered that it was because she's not evil? Either way Katherine seemed truly grateful.

Aw, wouldn't it be nice if they became besties? 

Haha whoops, unfortunately Elena should've been paying attention to any nearby vampires who were running up to break her neck. Because a vampire ran up and broke her neck!

So then Damon discovered Stefan tied up in a chair in that weird cabin where Katsia had taken him. They hadn't seen each other in a really long time but neither one seemed particularly stoked to see the other. Typical Salvatore stuff. 

Katsia decided that in order to neutralize Silas' mind-control powers, she needed to cast a spell on Stefan and fry his brains.

Stefan did NOT mind either. Let the brain-frying begin!

Meanwhile on the side of the highway somewhere, Silas intercepted gypsy vampire and tried to make her kill herself.

But then Katsia broke his magic!

It was so gross when he bled out of the eyeballs but let's be real, he sort of deserved it. But then WHOOPS, same thing happened to Stefan!

I was honestly so jealous of Stefan right here. I know *I* could also really use a magic-lobotomy and a good nap. 

This scene between Damon and Katsia was arguably the most important scene in the whole episode, and possibly one of the key things to remember from now on. She said that she'd been observing all of human (and monster) existence for two thousand years and all the Nina Dobrev doppelgangers had always, ALWAYS fallen in love with the Paul Wesley doppelgangers and vice versa. Their love always was and always will be fated. Jealous witches and sassy brothers never got to be with their crushes, they were merely Baxters, obstacles that the fated lovebirds had to overcome. So THAT was not what Damon wanted to hear, not at all.

She then offered to take Stefan off of his hands and, I don't know, keep him tied to a chair and play cards with him or whatever. It looked like Damon was considering it, but then he strangled her instead.

Classic Damon! You pretty much should not go around strangling 2,000-year-old witches just as a general rule.

Then Elena ran in and, instead of noticing Damon lying in a crumpled heap on the floor, immediately ran over to Stefan and grabbed his face with both hands. 

And the love triangle just keeps on spinnin'! This show.

Meanwhile Katherine was still being kept hostage by the gypsy vampire, who we learned had ulterior motives somehow, apart even from Silas'. Although it may have to do with the fact that Katherine was now a WALKING cure for vampirism.

The only question was, how would someone use Katherine to cure their vampirism? Would they have to kill her and take all of her blood? Or would any amount of her blood do the trick? Like, could she spike a vampire's Cactus Cooler with a drop of blood and turn them human against their will? All intriguing options! But obviously I would prefer Katherine not to be murdered, so go jump in a dumpster, Silas. 

Meanwhile Katsia was still out there somewhere, buying bulk candles at Pier One and I guess plotting to make life very hard for Silas. Which, fine. That's cool. I just want to understand their motivations better, that's all. And this might be premature, but I'm pretty sure Katsia will be turning Bonnie human again at some point, so just get on with it already and then please quietly leave, Ma'am.

Then Matt woke up on the floor after having been possessed by the gypsy vampire's buddy all day, and I immediately started laughing because I'd forgotten he was staying at Tyler's mansion. Oh, and he'd tracked in muddy (bloody?) footprints onto the linoleum!

What a rude house guest! I mean I guess he'd just dug up the body of the gypsy dude, but if so I don't know why it was treated as this shocking reveal. I will be disappointed if Matt doesn't get possessed again. His dracula accent was the best.

Back at the Salvatore shanty, Damon was feeling very sad and vulnerable about his future with Elena, but to his credit he just came out and said it rather than keep it bottled up.

Elena just sort of denied that they were in trouble. Which, maybe that was true! Who knows. Destiny is meant to be defied. But just as they were about to kiss, guess who woke up!

Yep, Stefan immediately had Elena's full and undivided attention and Damon was NOT happy. But then it got worse:

Stefan had AMNESIA! Hahaha what an original twist. First evil twins, now amnesia. Next thing you know somebody will have a long lost daughter. (Although, maybe the gypsy vampire is Katherine's daughter?) Anyway, and again, I hate to make a premature assessment, but I'm guessing the love of a woman will help Stefan regain his memories? We'll see. I just hope somebody wears an eye patch at some point.

Guys, we learned a lot in "Original Sin" but it wasn't crazy captivating. No Caroline? No Jeremy? No Originals (duh)? I'm just not sure I cared enough about the Silas and Katsia back story to enjoy this episode to the fullest. ON THE OTHER HAND, the doppelganger info was VERY valuable, and also I hope this info dump served as a sort of table clearing for much better plotlines later. Like, we all knew the Katsia thing was coming, as well as the doppelganger-source storyline, and the fact that both plotlines have been addressed this soon means they are no longer hanging over our heads. Hopefully something much more exciting and surprising is on the way. 

TEEN JESUS.

Just a suggestion okay bye.

QUESTIONS:

... Is Katsia a good character so far?

... Will Elena and Damon defy destiny?

... Are Katherine and Stefan endgame?

... What would you do if YOU were able to possess Matt's body for a day?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/13/2016

Season 7 : Episode 22

413 Comments
Comments (413)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
First evil twins, now amnesia. Next thing you know somebody will have a long lost daughter. (Although, maybe the gypsy vampire is Katherine's daughter?)
i laughed so hard at this one considering that she is actually her daughter
Flag
I would just like to point out that Katsia's real name is Qetsiyah. That is how it is spelled and the entire time I read this, that drove me nuts. So...yeah. Please fix that.
Flag
Qetsiyah is gorgeous. I liked her a lot more than Luna (but that's not a contest really). I am hoping there is another reason why she is so horribly fixated to some douche.

I don't really understand all this Elena and Stefan are meant to be when there are two Amaras "living" at the moment. It could be either. I like Stefan and Katherine better. Though honestly I don't care much, I am mostly past the whole Dalena ship too. Memory-wiped Stefan can be a good thing, at least I don't really like the normal Stefan so it's likely there's an improvement.

I don't think anyone wants to hear about my thoughts about possessing Matt's body. The show has enough cooky women, I better hide my issues.

Flag
If every male doppelganger is meant to be with the female doppelganger wouldn't that mean that neither Katherine or Elena are Stefan's True love? They are all from different times. Katherine would've had her own Silas, Stefan would've had his own Amara and Elena her own Silas again. If it is "Meant To Be" Every character need their own lover from their own time. If this a messy thing where any Silas is meant to be with any Amara, where the hell is Katherine's Silas? She too needs her "meant to be" doppelganger lover.
Flag
Honestly, I think it would be more interesting to see how Stefan would act towards everyone WITH his memories. I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was interesting and I liked the flashbacks- also love your theory about Nadia/ Katherine.. now THAT would interesting. I also really think either Stefan and Caroline or Stefan and Katherine need to get together. NO MORE ELENA ! she's screwing your brother dude, move on please. What I ddint like ", they need to keep it simple, fresh and interesting ! This doppleganger stuff should really come to an end now. NO MORE! This episode completely contradicts what we learned about Esther and the dopplegangers ? ugh. The writers really need to pay attention to the mythology of this show. Also, SLOWLY reveal, dont just throw a bunch of stuff at the audience. Clearly all of Julie's attention is now going to the Originals, and as a result TVD will suffer. Anyways, enjoyed this episode and hopefully thinks start making more sense in the future:)
Flag
"Yay I love 2 mop" hahaha awesome
Flag
Just had another revelation on how lame this Silas story line is. If Bonnie died, and all her magic died with her, why do Elena and Caroline's daylight rings still work? Jeremy coming back is fine because she essentially exchanged her life for his, but the rest of her magic should have failed as well. The girls should have already discovered Bonnie's death because they should have burned in the sun.

Just another hole in this poorly written plot line.
Flag
keep making these photo recaps. theyre so funny
Flag
i was thinking about all the complicated plot about the immortals and the doppelgangers. The only explanation (maybe) that makes sense is: that Silas and Amara have doppelgangers because they became immortals while still living. In the other hands, the Originals had to die first to become immortals later (vampires). IMO, I was all excited about season 5 until they put on this love triangle again.
Flag
I really just don't like how heavy-handed this Damon/Elena/Stefan reverse psychology is. I think as viewers we're smart enough to know the difference between foreshadowing and just plain misdirection. "You and Elena will never work Damon. Elena will ALWAYS be with Stefan FOREVER. THERE IS DEFINITELY NO WAY AT ALL THAT YOU AND ELENA WILL POSSIBLY WORK! For if you guys did work somehow that would for sure be defying destiny of some sort and is just a thing that is not a possibility ever so everyone should just start counting out Damon/Elena as a viable couple now please." Like, we're not stupid. It's clear that Damon and Elena are endgame. Lets move on to more interesting stories instead of rehashing this lame love triangle in a manner that is entertaining to no one.
Flag
Agreed. Now they're trying to get more people to root for them by putting this whole "defy destiny" obstacle in front of them. They're already together we don't care anymore!
Flag
I have more of an interest in the hunk professor/Elena's dad plotline than this one. And that's saying something.
Flag
Cause this makes no sense and it's a complete rewrite of previous info. The professor, Whitmore conspiracy and Elena's dad is at least new material. They should have let Silas stay a statue at the end of last episode. PS if Bonnie's magic has worn off, why didn't the day light rings stop working? See, Silas should be dead still.
Flag
I really like where they seem to go with the Matt storyline.
Flag
I liked the flashbacks in this episode, I thought they were very entertaining, though Qetsiyah (or however you spell it) seems to have lost most of her power and menace. In fact neither her nor Silas seem to pose much of a threat.

I missed Jeremy and Caroline, but I love that Matt is playing a much bigger role.

And enough with the love triangle already! I'm team Delena - simply because it feels more earned - so I want to preserve the status quo, but even the Stelena fans out there must be sick of the triangle, right?

Stefan loseing his memory has the potential to be very entertaining, so I hope that lasts more than an episode.
Flag
Ugh, this episode was the worst. And it wasn't the flashback, but the whole story in general. I agree with you, Price, Qetsiyah (not Katsia) is a horrible character. I mean KOL is on the other side, why does she still care about Silas? Plus there has to be an expiration date on the whole 'scorned' thing. 2,000 years is OD. In regards to Silas, I don't find death to be a good motivation for a villain. How does Silas even know he'll find Amara in the afterlife? Really wish they left this guy as a statue and dropped this whole story line in the quarry...

This new doppelganger mythology they're dishing out doesn't make any sense. If Qetsiyah (not Katsia) cured Amara of her immortality and killed her, why would Amara even have a doppelganger bloodline? Her death completely negates the need for such a balance. And even if nature had already started the process, the cycle should have ended after the first one. Also, if nature did this for both Amara and Silas, does that mean there's a human Stefan walking around from this generation that was meant to be with Elena? And they can't say "vampirism breaks the line" because Katherine. Oh! And if these two are meant for each other, why did both Katherine AND Elena even entertain the idea of being with Damon? Smh this is what happens when writers try to rewrite their own mythology.

The legend of the doppelganger made SO much more sense when it involved the Originals. The doppelgangers were meant to balance out the vampires, not Silas. They were meant to torment Klaus with the face of his past love and prevent him from breaking his curse. But since Klaus no longer cared about his past love, he had no problem hunting and killing them. Also, being caught in love triangles was part of THEIR curse as doppelgangers because they were following the footsteps of the predecessor. I love how no one mentioned Tatia in this episode. I guess no one would be able to explain a doppelganger who fell in love with two men who did NOT look like Stefan? Ugh they really are fighting to keep these shows separate, which is dumb. BTVS and Angel never disowned each other, they acknowledged the past often and it worked so why are TVD and TO doing it? They're ruining the back story on both shows. So much character development is going down the tubes, it's sad.

I've decided after this episode that Nature's balance is the biggest Macguffin/Deus ex machina combo EVER. Even bigger than Bonnie!! Nature is always doing things in TVD and TO and it screws up every single time, but that doesn't stop it from trying to balance things out...I'm really unhappy with this season overall.
More+
Flag
I'm not a fan of flashback eps myself so I just wanted to see what Katherine was up to cuz I love her swag and she's remarkably upbeat considering all she's dealt with. Katsia can learn from Katherine because a two thousand year grudge requires some self respect I'm over katsia already. My questions as far as the gangers are concerned is do the parents factor is some way? Possibly Elena's, wouldn't it suck to give birth to a totally unoriginal child? Congrats you have a copy of a immortal cheater
Flag
1. Hail nah.
2. They're not unfamiliar with the concept. Elena, though not disclosed, has defied the requirements to graduation along with her friends. Damon defies, like, everything. So, of course!
3. Just Katherine. Katherine is only endgame.
4. I'd look in the mirror a lot.

Flag
I was so happy with this season... until the stupid "Elenas and Stefans belong toghether" I hate it ! And watching next episode promo I must say Elena is the ost stupid vampire in the world.
Flag
couldnt stefan with his amnesia fall for human katherine and fulfilling destiny? this could give katherine a whole new facet of character too. and elena & damon can be toghether?
Flag
I don't think Stefan has amnesia, I think he died and came back as another iteration.
Flag
thatd be pretty cool!
Flag
I was like YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS when I learned about stefans amnesia :O
Sad for him, but maybe that means we get a little piece of the old vampire diaries back and the confusing ketsia-storyline slowly disappears...

Though, am I the only one who's still desperately waiting for KLAROLINE?!
Flag
No, I really wish the reason that she wasn't in this episode is because she's off visiting New Orleans.

I'm really hating how separate the shows are right now. I understand the concept of a spin off, but that doesn't mean you completely rewrite history. BTVS and Angel didn't ignore the each other so why are TVD and TO doing it? I love how nobody mentioned the doppelganger Tatia and how she randomly fell for two guys who were NOT a Stefan look a like.
Flag
i just hope this amnesia means more Delena.
Flag
I like Elena and Damon together, they needed 4 season to get together it would be shit if they would split up after only 6 to 8 ep's Damon is way better in my opinion. Stefan got Kathrine (if she would get her shit together and could be nice for once and not a massiv b**** all the time) or maybe even Kastia who knows (but i think she has trust issues and would be clingy all the time... 2000 years and she still isn't over getting dumped from Silas. I know he is a douche and it was a dick move from him, alone for that reason I would forget pretty fast about him after being crushed for a few month... but a 2000 years long vendetta and then it is some half-assed plan to kill him, she created effing superhumans alone for that reason and not to mention purgatory)

But I saw it coming that they would make Silas weaker let's be honest about it he was pretty overpowered... an real immortal who can mindcontrol and mindf*** almost anybody + large group of peoples simultaneous... that's just overkill
Flag
I've an unrelated question: Since Kathrine is human now and she's a doppelganger, can't Klaus make hybrids again using her blood?
Flag
I forgot, I had that question before the last episode cause now Kathrine's blood is basically a cure for all vampires or just one if she has to be competelly drained for the cure to work. We'll see, we'll see...
Flag
Actually, I don't get why everybody is so confused about this silas cure thing. It's pretty obvious to me =)
Katsia killed Amara and she went to heaven(or whatever), THEN she created the other side. If silas were to take the cure, he would be stuck on the other side, never seeing Amara again. So he needs to take down the other side BEFORE he becomes mortal and commits suicide.
Katsia on the other hand wants to kill him before he is able to get rid of the other side. That way he is stuck there forever =O
Flag
Because it's odd. All this work and mayhem just to kill yourself? It's pretty ridiculous when you think about it. I'd prefer it if Silas would spend his time bringing his love back to life. Oh and as Price said, how has Qetsiyah not moved on already? I mean honestly, Kol is over there! He's so much more fun than Silas lol
Flag
Another retcon episode , which is a pretty common for TVD.
Flag
O LORD!...this FREAKIN love triangle is gettin on my last nerves! lol
I want caroline and funny BA damon, and shirtless jeremy and hot Originals (i know! I know! i can watch their separate show)

Ok...done complaining! :)
Flag
are they out of actor\actresses that they are repeating them all over again!!!

i mean i was totally okay with cathrine\elena and i was starting to be okay with stefan\silas too but now cathrine\elena\amara\.... !!!!! seriously?????????????
its becoming extremely ridiculous :/ anybody????
Flag
Don't you guys love how nobody mentioned Tatia, the Elena look a like who fell for two brother and NEITHER of them possessed Stefan's face. I guess the writer's really want to keep these shows separate now which is stupid, and frankly, a little insulting. Why are they trying to rewrite their own story before our eyes? I'm sorry, but the original explanation for the doppelgangers made so much more sense. Why would Amara's doppelganger line even still exist? She was murdered not too long after becoming immortal. Even if the process had already started, I feel like it should have only last one cycle.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I legitimately have no idea what is going on anymore.... I just can't keep track.
Flag
You are not the only one.
Flag
I'm waiting for Damon's doppelganger to show up :)
Flag
YYeeessss, bunch of them !!!!
Flag
aren'y we all ;) hahahaha
Flag
I like the whole Doppelganger-mythology from this episode. Really. Athough it is totaly "Mumpitz", as we say in Germany. There is a Stefan and an Elena in every Generation (or in most of them). But as we learned before, the Doppelgangers descent from each other. If you think this through, does this mean, that destiny is into ancient Egypt and want to have a brother-sister-relationship in every generation? Of course this wouldn't be a problem if the Doppelgangers came just every 500 years. But THIS would mean that destiny is very cruel and that the Elena und Stefan Doppelgangers are born in different generations (Stefan isn't 500 years older than Elena or 500 years younger than Kathrine). Well, as somebody wrote below, we should just think about this season as the first - at least for the Doppelganger story.
Flag
Stephan's leather jacket looks great for being under water all summer!
Flag
HAHA, I was also wondering about his clothes. Shouldn't he be covered in algae or something? Aside from looking a little hungry, his appearance is too impeccable for a 3 month swim.
Flag
The first thing I thought when Katsia said that she came back from the other side was 'Oh so that's the excuse they are going to use to bring Bonnie back.' Would it be funny if she came to back to life before her 'best friends' noticed that she was dead?

I was very dissapointed with Katsia's version of events - when she told Stefan that he didn't know the whole story. I thought we'd actually learn something new! Her version wasn't THAT different from what we already knew and she STILL came across as a psycho - and this is where TVD distinguishes itself by being tongue-in-cheek. the writers know how ridiculous it is so they got Katsia to poke fun of herself. At first I was annoyed by her - Like Price said; she had 2000 years to get over it, and she is still obsessed? Where is her self-respect? But I found her honesty about being a psycho really refreshing and I found myself warming to her.

Damon's line about Katsia 'not being able to dump her image as a psycho by claiming to be a spokesperson for the entire universe' is my favourite Damon line yet.

All this 'cure' stuff is getting confusing. If he wants the cure so bad. Why the heck didn't he save himself a lot of hassle and just take whilst he was in the tomb? from what I can tell, nothing has changed - the 'supernatural otherside' still exists so what does it matter whether he takes the cure now or 2000 years ago?

Stefan is such a cock-block; At first I thought he was 'fake sleeping' and then pretended to wake up when he did. but the reality was much worse... amnesia? seriously??? YAWN! C'mon writers - I know this show can be a bit (lot) like a (bad) soap opera at times but it doesn't mean that you have to folllow the same lame plot devices. I was literally groaning when Stefan asked 'who are you people?'

It's a shame that Kat didn't watch any Oprah or Dr. Phil instead of Elena and Stefan.

I don't understand why Damon is so worried about losing Elena to Stefan - correct me if I am wrong but there are TWO dopplegangers right? So why not let Stefan ride off into the sunset with Kat, and then Damon can have elena all to himself? Problem solved.
More+
Flag
Ugh this whole Silas/Qetsyiah thing is so lame. Both of them should just be with each other because they are both nutjobs with a very similar goal. And death is not an interesting motivation for a villain to me so these writers need to figure something else out. He should be searching for a way to bring her back to life. At least then he'll be guaranteed to be with her. Whose to say he'll find her in the afterlife? I'm really unhappy with the majority of this season. Really wish Silas had stayed a statue.

And agreed. I hate this new doppelganger mythology. The old explanation was SO much better. You know, the one that made sense because of the Originals. I don't want this one that the writers suddenly concocted on a whim to continue pandering to this love triangle and continue this complete separation of TO from TVD. BOO! They could at least acknowledge each other. What's with that hands off treatment?

Honestly, I liked Stefan and Elena sometimes, but let's be honest, he was so much more interesting last season without her. I WANT him to move on, have some self respect and do some soul searching as he planned. Maybe even invite his bestie Caroline along for the ride. I love their friendship! But maybe he will fall for Katherine as you said. Turn this triangle into a real square may be interesting for a little while. At least then Elena can be the one making an ass of herself pining over someone and then Damon can leave her when he stumbles upon her trying to kiss Stefan.

More +
Flag
I liked the episode, but some of his twists kinda broke this show backstory: Stefan being Silas' doppelganger made sense alone. So now we have Amara? I think that this reveal weakens all of Klaus' story, since now his curse just mixed with the doppelganger one. And Esther was very clear in saying that nature created the girl doppelganger to keep the balance that Klaus was threatening and to never allow him to have a pack of hybrids. I guess she was wrong LOL.

Now about the questions:

... Is Katsia a good character so far?
God I love her. I was so surprised when I saw Luna LOL. She's a total psycho stalker and she immediately picked my interest.

... Will Elena and Damon defy destiny?
I hope so. This doppelganger destiny is horrible stuff... someone has to break the cycle and Elena already did by surviving Klaus breaking his own curse.

... Are Katherine and Stefan endgame?
Mmm that's difficult. We need to know if the doppelgangers are always from the same time. I always thought that once a doppelganger becomes a vampire, a new one is born... really confused. Anyway, Katherine deserves better ahahah.

... What would you do if YOU were able to possess Matt's body for a day?
I would be banned from this site if I said that :P
More+
Flag
Definitely. I was so mad when I saw that hand maiden, I knew it was Nina Debrov before they even revealed her face. Not only does it mean we'll NEVER be done with this ridiculous love triangle, but it completely takes away from the mythology of the Originals. The original explanation for the doppelgangers was SO much better because it made sense. The fact that they're always doomed to fall into love triangles. because they commit the same mistakes as their predecessor. I love how nobody mentioned Tatia at all. I guess they can't explain a doppelganger that died because she fell in love with two men who did NOT look like Stefan? Ugh! This new explanation is ridiculous. Why would Amara even HAVE a doppelganger line? The witch killed her not too longer after she discovered the truth. Even if nature had already started the process, shouldn't it have only occurred once? Why would the line continue after that? There was no more balance necessary in regards to Amara. The cycle should have been broken.
Flag
Dear writers, I'd like a nice and clear explanation about how the whole story with the originals fit into all of this. Is it to much to ask?
Flag
Yeah when they showed the handmaiden I thought "please do not look like Elena, please, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!"
And of course you're right, the doppelganger line should have been terminated. To make sense, Amara must be alive and I'm pretty sure that's what they're gonna do!
Flag
Ugh so three at once? There was a time when I wanted to see Tatia, but now, I'm over it. I don't need to see Nina Debrov that much. No one's gonna beat Katherine anyway.
Flag
I'm totally in love with Katherine. But I wonder if Nina could pull it off, with a fourth role to play!
Flag
I realy go for Damon and Elena defying destiny !
Flag
I hope so too!
Flag
Flag
Hey, let me just tell you that I LOVE your reviews and I find them hilarious. But you can't give a different opinion very week. I mean episode 1 and 2 you were saying how much you were loving this season and how interesting and shocking everything is. And now, you're just criticizing storylines and making plot twists look ridiculous. I understand that flashbacks episodes are not your favorite, but you can't be a fan one week, and a rude hater the next one.
I personally loved the episode and I found the flashbacks very interesting. I hope it stays that way.
Flag
Rude? Really?

As someone who's truly disgusted by Julie Plec's writing and her constant glorification of a psychotic murdering rapist a.k.a. Damon while always "borrowing" ideas from Joss Whedon's work - I'm here to tell you, Price is being way too nice in his assessment of the show and the nonsense that it has become.

Elena choosing to be with Damon makes no sense. Her love for him makes no sense. Her declaration of so called love, also makes NO sense. She acknowledged the fact that he is a "terrible person", and that this "will prove to be the worst" choice she has ever made, but she won't apologize for loving him...

Elena is still acting out of character, as she would never willingly out of her own free will choose to be with Damon. She's still acting as if she's sired to him. Everything about their relationship feels forced.

Also like I said, you can't just downright steal ideas from a show like "Angel" and just get away with it. First of all, it's nasty and disrespectful. Second, if you are going to copy everything from other shows, what's even the point in watching the Vampire Diaries anyway?
More +
Flag
This episode was sort of half-horrible. Not impressed with TV lately except marathoning Arrow on Netflix obvs. :(

But I do have some comments or whatever. Here goes.

1) I don't know if this was just me, but Jo's bar looked a LOT like Bree's Bar from season one? Yes? Yes. Kinda weird.

2) So I had this thought that maybe Katherine is actually Amara? She could have been lying about everything, right? Done some Silas-mind-judu on Elijah and Klaus to make them lie too? Maybe Qetsiyah just wanted to say that she'd killed Amara, so she like sacrificed a goat or something. Because otherwise, assuming she just made one cure (because honestly, making two cures for herself and Silas doesn't fit her personality, right? I bet she assumed something was going on b/c she is one paranoid witch / traveller person), that would mean that she would have had to save some of Amara's blood from when she killed her to get the other cure for Silas, and all her blood was all over the nice sheets. Just a thought, though. The fact that I have accurate psychic powers with this show (still can't believe Kalijah was real. Made my entire year) shouldn't mean anything. :)

3) How the F would Qetsiyah know what a soap opera was like? I get that she'd been back for about a summer, and that she could spy on peeps from the Other Side, but why would she spend that time watching soap operas? Jeez. What a weirdo.

4) So at one point somebody said something about how Stefan 'has' Elena. Not necessarily! Assuming that #2 is wrong, and Katherine is totally normal, Katherine would be more linked with Stefan than Elena is, right? Maybe there's some other Paul Wesley doppelganger that'll appear soon for Elena? Seems like there are too many Amara-doppelgangers (three, right? Since there was one chillin' with the Originals back when they were normal witches, Katherine, and Elena) and as far as we know, one Silas-doppelganger. Out of balance much? Yeah, so I don't think Damon and Elena are totally screwed, though honestly I'm so over the love triangle stuff.

5) I think one of the best parts of the episode (besides the Silas flashback, and your corresponding omega-LOL, Price) was when, at the end, Damon just went out and said, 'F the Universe.' I'm paraphrasing, obviously. :)

6) But the main depressing thing about this episode was that we had no JerHulk, no Caroline, no Bonnie (okay that wasn't depressing, I'm over it), and no hunky mysterious professor dude!! (Does he even have a name?)

So yeah. Not psyched about TV lately. :(
More+
Flag
I HATED this episode so much. They completely rewrote the doppelganger legend and it didn't even make sense! Why would Amara have a doppelganger line if Qetsiyah killed her not too long after her immortal transformation? Qetsiyah destroyed the need for balance the moment she made Amara mortal and killed her. Even if nature had already started the doppelganger process, it only should have created one. Now the show is unbalanced as you said because there's ton's of Elena look a likes running around. And I LOVE how nobody mentioned Tatia, the doppelganger who fell in love with two men who most certainly did NOT have Stefan's face. I guess no one can explain that one. Ugh the original mythology was so much better. At least that worked, especially when you take into account the whole doppelganger triangle thing. If the doppelganger lines are truly meant to be, why is the female always in love with another?
Flag
Okay, is there some way of replacing my ineloquent paragraph with yours? So many things I forgot!! Namely, Tatia's name. Can't believe I forgot that. Also the fact that she loved both Elijah and Klaus, neither of whom look at all like Silas.

Though, your comment raises an interesting question. What if Amara was only using Silas to get the cure, like Silas was using Qetsiyah? That would explain why all the Amara doppelgangers are falling in love with others, and maybe the simple absence of a Silas doppelganger was why Tatia was like 'screw it'? And maybe Qetsiyah did some voodoo to make all the other Amara doppelgangers she mentioned so often to Damon eventually end up with the Silas doppelgangers, so that Amara would be pissed, having to watch her lookalikes falling in love with someone she was just using. Just a thought. Thanks for your comment though, really.
Flag
I thought of that, but that idea leads me into the Damon doppelganger territory so I stopped...
Flag
Elaborate please.
Flag
"How the F would Qetsiyah know what a soap opera was like? I get that she'd been back for about a summer, and that she could spy on peeps from the Other Side, but why would she spend that time watching soap operas? Jeez. What a weirdo."

lmao ^ your comment cheered me up.
Flag
Oh yeah PS thx. My manners died last week, and I'm sorry you missed the funeral AND the memorial service. They were not kind, though, so it's fine.
Flag
But it's already been decided she's a total freak, right? I mean, not as much as Davina from TO, but still. Ugh. Get a life, please. Something other than stalking and planning to destroy your ex. IDEA!! Instead of WATCHING soap operas, she could just watch this lovely show on the CW, plays on Thursdays around eightish. Called The Vampire Diaries. One of the characters has a bears a striking resemblance to her. I guess she wanted to be in the know, so she just checked it out. FINE.
Flag
Okay, here's what I think is happening. I do not think Katsia killed Amara...aren't they supposed to be immortal? She may have just been trying to really mess with Silas. I have a feeling the Travellers (or just that one chic) are working for Amara to get her the cure for whatever reason to be revealed. I also then think there must be a loophole as 2 dopplegangers exist at the same time. Has there ever been an overlap of dopplegangers in 2000 years? What does that mean for Katherine & Elena? We also do not know if Amara truly loved Silas. Perhaps she was a B similar to Katherine. They all seem to share a little spunk. Perhaps she hates Silas for doing that to her. Maybe he didn't tell her what was in the cups....so this line of story is drumming up a whole lot of maybe's like never before...I hope they don't drop the ball on this one.
Flag
Eh, were you not paying attention? The Qetsiyah made Amara take the cure and she killed her. ^ Amara's dead, very much so.

As for the 2nd part. Katherine did die. All vampires are dead. That's why another doppelganger was born (Elena). There's no loopholes. ^
Flag
I didn't see a body...just a heart and blood which she could have got from anywhere...
Flag
Okay. I can't force you into believing anything, but it makes little to no sense that Amara is still alive. We've already heard the Silas/Qetsiyah story at least a dozen times. And it's always the same. Amara always dies in the story. Why would the Qetsiyah, historians (Shane), and the writers lie to us?
Flag
I can't force you to be open minded and know that TV throws a lot of curve balls in your face....

Does it make sense to you now? ;)

Season 5 Episode 6 for the home run! Booya!
Flag
Flag
I think I remember from season 2 that when a doppelganger stops being human, another one is born, so I guess overlaps are normal?
Flag
I'm so beyond tired of doppelgangers. I thought when Damon started joking about it in the season premiere that they'd be dropping it and not expanding it. So, so tired. It could turn into the most in-depth extensive mythology in the history of the show and I still wouldn't care, so giving me more info dump of doppelgangers in a boring way wasn't helping. Qetsyia was awful, chewing her lines, which were super poorly written. Catch-22, writers, if you know you are being crazy you aren't crazy. The whole Silas wanting to die thing and Qetsyia wanting to kill him is the worst bad goal. Plus, they were all upset that he is this super bad guy, but he's been entombed for like 2000 years and it's really hard for me to be like, yeah, super bad dude. I'm guessing Stefan has a bigger murder list. Now he can't even mind control people and he's just an annoying immortal.

Get rid of this plot and stat, don't keep going, you aren't fixing it.
Flag
I know right?! As soon as they showed the veiled girl by the fountain I yelled OMG stop it with the damn doppelgangers! I knew right away it was Elena's face under there and I was SO mad.The doppelganger mythology makes NO sense now. It was so much better when it was The Originals' history. That mythology explained their existence, their connection to vampires and magic, and their behavior as far as love and relationships go. It was simple and understandable. This new explanation is full of holes. So many holes...ugh these people are ruining my show with this garbage plot!

I concur that death is a horrible motivation for a villain, especially when his nemesis wants the same thing. It would be better if Silas was trying to bring her back to life. At least then we know he'd reach her. As of now, there's no guarantee he'll even find her when he dies. Hell, for all we know she's as fickle as the rest of the doppelgangers and is spending her time in heaven with someone else. It's all so dumb. I really wished Silas had stayed a statue and they dumped him in the quarry as planned. We would have been spared this ridiculous plot line and they could have started with something fresh. Still don't understand why Elena is running around Mystic Falls when this season was suppose to be about college and their next phase of life...
More +
Flag
"Qetsyia was awful, chewing her lines, which were super poorly written."

It's funny cause it's true. Here's a small sample - "I'm Qetsiyah, that sane, rational, well-adjusted woman you seem to know so much about...clearly you've heard the man's version of the story, the one where I'm a back stabbing lunatic that ruined everything for Silas, a raging bitch-witch, whose obsession with vengeance created a whole new dimension of suffering in the afterlife!"

I literally burst out in laughter when I heard the raging bitch-witch part. LOL ^
Flag
Seriously. I'm pretty sure there's an expiration date on the whole women scorned thing and I think it's way before 2,000 years...What makes it worse is she gives that stupid speech about "the man version" and all she does is confirm it. We didn't hear anything new. She didn't reveal some surprising twist. It's not like SHE was the one who fooled Silas or that her and Amara were somehow one in the same. Nothing she said was new information, it was just more in depth and I could have did without it.
Flag
btw, was it just me, or was the tinge of nina's canadian accent in her "sorry" to damon about the creepy "dreaming-of-stefan" thing adorable? lol! <3

Flag
Qetsiyah is so crazy, which is AWESOME. She addsmore fun, sass and quirkiness just like Katherine does. I am looking forward to more action and a good storyline that does not involve that tiresome love triangle that I am so sick of. As for love interest, I just want Damon to be happy with someone other than Elena. I always secretly wanted Bamon, but with Jeremy here who knows now. Stefan needs to be with KATHERINE. There love back in the day made me WAY more happier that Stelena's love. Also, Elena is slut and playing games. I don't have time for her. My girl Caroline needs to official let Tyler go and have some fun with Jesse, but do not let it get TOO SERIOUS because KLAROLINE is endgame !

Flag
Chances are the gun had wooden bullets that's why it scared the vampires and Silas was going to make the gypsy woman kill herself.
Flag
my heart broke when elena ran towards stefan and didnt even see damon!! enough of the love triangle already it has been going on for 5 seasons!
Flag
That part was hilarious. ^
Flag
I laughed too. Honestly, are these people so delusional that they would stick with this toxic relationship? It's your brother! You can only go through this nonsense so many times. I kind of understand it with Katherine, she was seductive and very good at playing games to string them both alone, but Elena is not exciting enough for this drama. Ugh, I wish the show would end with the complete dissolve of the triangle. Both brothers realize that Elena isn't worth their time, they finally go on to having a peaceful sibling relationship and the world finally moves to it's correct orbit and stops circling Elena Gilbert. By correct orbit, I mean Caroline haha
Flag
Flag
Ok, so now we know why does two E and S are so annoyely connected with each other...destiny crap...glad that Damon doesn't believe in that crap and loved the speech he gave in the end...i like Elena more when she is with Damon then Stefan...
Loved Katsia...she acted really well...she looked pretty creepy....and is powerful.
At least she made Silas weaker...that's something right...
Loved the El and Kat scenes together...the catfight...
I liked the episode...
Flag
a) she's pretty crazy, and that's always fun, but i'd kinda love for her REALLY ancient character to get her priorities straight and move past silas and end up as awesome as bonnie's grams, if simply coz one's descendant being soooo much cooler than one is..... a little sad. lol.
b) i hope so. i sincerely (sadly enough) hope so. yes, all i am hoping for is that these 2 end up together and mutually save one another from stefan's broodyness.
c) personally, i'd prefer stefan with caroline, but if the writers are trying to go the whole "you can't fight destiny route", then katherine and stefan will do in a pinch. just because, i mean, just because ian and nina have made their characters seem so much happier this season that within a span of 4 episodes they have made it completely unacceptable for me for either of them to be with anyone less sassy, sarcastic or sexy than the other. hell, the growth of both these characters is ASTOUNDING. damon's actually opening up and caring about people and being open about his feelings and elena. O.M.G. the chick who thought it would be ok to i) hand klaus' body over to his dysfunctional family, ii) trust professor shane with her brother's sanity (or insanity, whichever way you look at it) iii) to trust elijah to not doublecross them to help his (albeit crazy, twisted) brother (and all of the other insanity that she's been responsible for deciding since season 1) is actually capable of having enough common sense that she made solid plans like both damon and she dealing with two different problems, saving katherine and NOT believing in pointless destiny-hokey!!!! i officially have respect for elena (even if she did get her neck snapped by the traveller chick, i'll chalk it up to lack of experience and not pure dumbness). i am hoping that the writers aren't making us listen to soul-lifting dialogue from nina and ian of the likes that their characters have been spouting about and to one another to just end it with either ending up with someone else.
d) if i possessed matt's body for a day, i would drive it to the other end of the earth, try and get a false identity, home, good college lined up for him, and then have Quetsiyah fry his brain removing his memories of mystic falls etc, and then compel him to believe that he belongs to that life and live happily unharmed by supernatural shenanigans for the rest of his life. the poor boy deserves some love and peace and a life oozing mashed potato-like solid comforting blandness, just like him <3
More+
Flag
I find this love triangle so tiresome! Don't get me wrong, I rooted for Stephan and Elena for longer than I'd like to admit... BUT I don't care any longer! Maybe I should be grateful for that...? :) The love of your life is (1) with your brother, (2) was with your brother, or (3) is your ex's brother! We all know it's an underlying issue, but does it need to play such a prominent role in EVERY scene. Yes, the situation sucks but is this all we talk about?

One thing they have gotten right is Katherine. I love her as a vampire and as a human.

More Katherine, and hold the love triangle, please!

Flag
I have to say it. It's Qetsiyah (I watch the show with subtitles) not Katsia.

Flag
For arguments sake, lets forget all we've learned in the past regarding doppelgangers. Lets focus on this crapfest of an episode where it was explained that doppelgangers, i.e Stefan and Elena, were created when immortality was given to Silas and Amara, and shadow selves were then created to balance everything out. So my question is this: where are the doppelgangers for Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, Kol, Finn and poppa Mikaelson? Because if doppelgangers come to be to balance nature, then there should be doppelgangers of the originals walking around the earth, and I am sure this isn't true because I highly doubt Elijah and Klaus - who have roamed the earth for centuries - would never come in contact with their physical twins. So, yea, this episode? Total crap. How about we just say that season 5 is really season 1 of the Vampire Diaries since they are going against so many stories that were established in past seasons. My intelligence actually feels insulted, Julie Plec. Oh and I guess we shouldn't call the Mikaelson's the originals anymore since they apparently aren't the first immortals to walk this earth. That will probably be a hard blow to Klaus's ego.
Flag
I swear, nature's balance is the biggest macguffin/deus ex machina EVER! I'm SO tired of hearing the balance for EVERYTHING. Why couldn't there be an actual person who was fucking with them? That's way more acceptable then some stupid entity that has had it's hand in every single plot since the show's inception. I was willing to accept that Stefan was linked to Silas, but another Elena look a like? NO, just no.

And let's not even look at it from the Originals' perspective, since you know, these shows and characters clearly don't exist to each other anymore (Another FU fans from Julie Plec...how lovely) The idea of the doppelganger makes no sense simply because Qetsiyah cured and killed Amara. Was she really immortal long enough for nature to intervene? Why would a shadow self for her continue to exist if there was no immortal running around to require it? If nature had already started the process, then I think the cycle should have stopped at the first doppelganger. If it didn't, then the world is really unbalanced now, especially with 2 doppelgangers running around at once. Also, if the doppelganger's are tied together, does that mean there's a human Stefan roaming around who was meant to be with Elena? If so, poor him because he's missing out on his soul mate. Or rather lucky him, because he doesn't have to deal with Elena's bullshit.
More +
Flag
Flag
Hush! Don´t talk about it or they will appear.. second Originals (lol..could we call them Originals anymore? Not very original..)..you know these crazy writers.
Flag
We'll call them UN-Originals or Secondals lol. Oh god, this whole thing is just so bad. Why are they ruining my show?!
Flag
nh001 gets it. The original vampires are not immortal. So the doppelganger curse (or w.e) does not apply to them. ^
Flag
Although, Silas has said that he's an 'immortal' not a vampire. Also the 'originals' were created with a way to be killed (white oak stake), not so with Silas. Just a thought :)
Flag
You may be right. I thought that the balance was making them weak to wolves, vervain and sun, but if logic applies, they should have doppelgangers too.
Flag
I'm pretty sure it's "Qetsiyah" - and no, I don't think she's a good character, she's probably just as evil as Silas. Elena and Damon will not defy destiny - Elena and Stefan are meant to be, and are endgame. <3

This episode was fantastic!
Flag
Stefan and Elena may be "meant to be" but in 2,0000 years it sounds like the doppelgangers never actually had a happy ending. So whereas destiny might always push them together, it always keeps them apart. The new reveal can work two ways.
Flag
Oooh I like this Qetsiyah character, at least she's a powerful witch, unlike Bonnie. Loved the flashback too. Now I understand about the whole doppelganger thing. Yes, I was wondering the same thing too... If Silas is meant to be with Amara, then Stefan is supposed to be with Katherine, right? Then who is this "present" Stefan that we haven't seen yet? And did they forget to mention Tatia? Isn't Tatia another doppelganger of Amara too?

As a Stelena fan, I'm very very happy with this episode :) lol. I think Paul and Nina have better chemistry on screen than Ian and Nina.

I like the idea that Katherine could turn other vampires into human again with just one single drop of her blood. It makes her character so vulnerable yet so dangerous.
Flag
I don't know, everything get's messed up when they turn vampires. If there is one every generations (or something), Katherine and Stefan are in different generations (she's 500 years older than him), and Stefan and Elena are from different generations (he's 150 years older than her).

I don't think it's true that they're suppose to be together. If the doppelgangers were fated to be together, then one Silas doppelganger would fall for one Amara doppelgänger. So far one Silas doppelganger has fallen for two Amara doppelgänger. That doesn't seem like fated-to-be-together at all.
Flag
So why wasn't there a Silas doppleganger for Katherine in the 1400s? Why wasn't there another Petrova doppleganger for Stefan in his human lifetime in the 1800s? And why is it Stefan and Elena that are supposed to be together and not Stefan and Katherine, or Stefan and some other long-dead doppleganger from his own time that he never met? The timelines just don't match up. I wonder if the writers thought this through very much.
Flag
They did. This is their poor attempt to rewrite the story and separate themselves from the Originals. We already learned about doppelgangers. There's no reason for us to get another version.
Flag
Teen Jesus, really Price? Didn't take you as the guy who make jokes of other religions you don't believe in. Will look past it though because I always love your recap's. I agree with you on the Elena/Kathrine scenes it never gets old! Gotta love those. Kathrine made this season so far, hope they don't consider killing her off. Hehe another thought, is it just me or does this show save alot on their budget due to all these doppleganger characters?? Lol
Flag
A) Jesus would be the only prominent religious figure alive 2000 years ago. Muhammad, the Buddha etc. lived much later on.

B) Why are you taking offence to something which is clearly meant as a joke? It's not a potshot at religion. There isn't some moral code when it comes to humour. How is Price's faith relevant to his comedic boundaries?
Flag
Well I guess you have a point I did not know his intensions, just assumed... Thanks :)
Flag
At this point, I'm just waiting for more doppelgangers to show up. I agree that it seems odd for there to be 'only' two Stephans but three Elenas on our radar. We'll see.
I also totally loved that Matt is possessed now! Zach Roehrig really works that accent. And he actually has something to do.
No Caroline this week, which I didn't like, but storywise it makes sense. I wonder if Elena is ever going back to Whitmore, ever.
Flag
R we ever going to find out what happened to Katherine's kid?
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members