A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

The Vampire Diaries S05E19: "Man on Fire"

Like a bag of pre-grated cheese added to blue box macaroni, friends are an essential ingredient in a romance and maybe even the most important ingredient? During the early stages of your crush they'll talk you out of the all-consuming madness and misery that you experience when you're never sure what's going on. Then if the romance takes off your friends are there to get the play by play and hopefully talk you out of sabotaging things. And most importantly, if the romance goes south, guess who's there to help pick up the pieces? It's like everybody so badly wants to be the star of their own epic romance, but the truth is you were already in one all along. Friendship! For a while now The Vampire Diaries has been slowly dismantling all its earlier simplistic notions of teen romance and trading it in for something more enduring and nuanced. That means hookups have become romances and romances have become breakups and at the end everything averages out to a tightly bound group of friends. That's why Damon can call up Caroline for help (flashback to their troubling relationship in Season 1) and Stefan can hang out helping Elena study for tests even though there was a time he could barely look at her. Because friendship! It endures! Unfortunately, the downside is that a friend breakup can seem even more brutal than a romantic one. That's what "Man on Fire" was about, basically. The dissolution of Enzo and Damon's friendship. It was very sad! And that was BEFORE Enzo literally ripped out his own heart. Man, vampires are dramatic.

Well, not these vampires. Everything started in a coffee shop the size of an airplane hangar (so much dark wood) where Stefan was helping Elena study. 

Which, haha, sure. *I* barely ever went to class in college and I rarely if ever had to battle ancient wizards. Elena is battling a new ancient wizard every few weeks, do not tell me she's attending lecture. 

Then Bonnie arrived to make everything weird.

At this point TVD just sort of invented the idea that if The Other Side crumbles then Bonnie will definitely die. I'm not sure how she came to this conclusion. Was there a precedent for The Other Side crumbling? Doesn't matter. She seemed pretty chill about dying, which at this point was not a surprise. Bonnie has been more or less a ghost on this show for as long as anybody can remember (sometimes literally), so what would be the difference if she transcended our realm all of the sudden? At least Bonnie wouldn't have to worry about going to class anymore. Although, knowing her, she'd probably still go.

Meanwhile at Hunk Manor nobody could find Tyler or his Traveler-killin' dagger!

Honestly, as much as was going on in this episode, for me the #1 unsolved mystery is just WHOSE boxers Jeremy found under the couch. Matt said they weren't his, and presumably Tyler has his own bedroom right? This was HIS house. So how many other dudes are coming into the mansion and leaving behind their unmentionables? This show has some EXPLAINING to do. Hopefully this scene is a setup for Season 6.

Anyway, then Damon showed up and stood in the doorway and shouted at everybody because he wanted the Traveler knife so the he could go around town stabbing literally everybody.

But no dice. I liked that Damon immediately sussed out that Tyler had been brain-napped, something that never occurred to these two. Damon smart!

Meanwhile at a broke down store which had a dusty old escalator and also a (lit-up?) chandelier in a shopping cart, tons of understudies from Rent were standing around staring at a chained-up hunk.

The reason was that Tyler's personality kept popping back up, so they had to keep him chained. Have we established yet just why hybrids and vampires can't break chains? Are these special chains like in True Blood? I don't get it. Anyway, Markos had something to say.

It involved his plan to break the Travelers' curse and for that he needed a volunteer for a demonstration, so the sexy leader lady stepped up and then this happened:

He was clearly turning her into a vampire! But why?? Relax, you'll find out, jeez. Sit back down. You're frightening the horses.

Then Enzo showed up at college and interrupted Elena's study sesh.

There was obviously tension since these people didn't really like each other that much. Remember when Enzo tried to kill Jeremy for no reason? In this timeline that was probably last week. Anyway, Enzo was there now, and he wanted to talk about his long lost love, Maggie. Which: CUE FLASHBACKS!

It was the '60s and you could tell that Enzo was into Maggie because of the dozens of slow pans across her bosom.

And guess what? Maggie seemed into him, and she hadn't even been compelled. Anyway, she seemed fine, just sorta smiled and made heart eyes at him a ton. But it was enough to get Enzo obsessed with her for his whole life, so Maggie's game was impeccable.

But if you thought this episode would be about the investigation into her whereabouts, the surprising twist was that Enzo had already discovered what happened to her!

Yikes, she was very dead! And because of the time period and also Stefan's old hobby of ripping heads off, it was pretty clear that Enzo felt that Stefan did it.

But he denied it! And that's when Enzo snapped his fingers and Liv came over to scramble their brains.

As it turned out, Enzo had taken Luke hostage in order to get Liv to do his bidding. She didn't have a choice! Her brother was being manhandled!

Haha I have seen adult videos that started off like this. Just kidding, what is an adult video? Last VegasThe Best Exotic Marigold HotelCocoon?

Also, this is neither here nor there (except maybe it is both here and everywhere), but can we see Luke do magic already? He is a witch! Or a warlock? I don't know. I just want to see Luke do magic. I'm sorta surprised he and Liv aren't powerful enough to get him out of some simple rope handcuffs, but whatever. I like these characters so much, I am not mad.

But guess who WAS mad?

Yeah, see, Bonnie was very loudly dialing Damon on her phone, so Enzo grabbed the phone and started bragging to him that he was going to kill Stefan and Elena, so Damon immediately recognized his, as he called it "murder voice," and grew very concerned. He even started to explain that Stefan hadn't actually been a ripper back in the '60s, but it was too late. Enzo had hung up and we had been magically transported back to JFK's election night!

That's where Stefan bit a random lady and sent her on her way and then Maggie walked up to make small talk and she sassed him so much about how she wanted to find Damon and murder him.

So then he bit Maggie and for a second there we were like, BOOM. Case closed. Stefan bit Maggie's head off. But then in the present day he was like PSYCH. He did not, he just bit her, that was it. But then Enzo choked out Bonnie and Stefan changed his mind.

Meanwhile Sheriff Forbes was helping Damon do a bit of research.

And WHOOPS. That's when Damon recognized Maggie's severed head as something he had once plucked off of her body. Awkward!

Meanwhile, if you were wondering why she hadn't ever turned into a vampire, please keep in mind that SHE TRIED.

Enzo tricked her into taking off her vervain bracelet and then he compelled her to forget who he was and to go lead a happy life. And I guess she did that for a few years but then she found her old journals and realized she had loved some vampire dude, but when she went back to look for him the house had burnt down and that's when she became revenge-minded. Very complicated stuff, buckle your seatbelt.

So then Damon drove two hours to college and entered the world's biggest coffee shop to hopefully clear up any misunderstandings.

There was a joke about how Enzo had compelled all the onlookers to just silently watch the whole scene, which meant that he had spent the morning compelling everybody and also taking Luke hostage and probably going over his plans with Liv and just A LOT of setup, all predicated on the notion that Elena would be studying her flash cards at this particular coffee shop. That was a bold assumption on Enzo's part, but it looked like his overly elaborate plan was working. 

The one part he got wrong was that it was actually DAMON who had done the deed! Here's how it had gone down.

Haha, I love that obliviousness has always been the overriding personality trait of Mystic Falls citizens. Damon just sort of set her severed head next to her body and walked off, no hubbub whatsoever.

Anyway, obviously Enzo didn't take this revelation very well, and in my opinion it probably mostly had to do with how much work he'd put into his plan only to feel so dumb about the outcome. So he had no choice!

He shut off his emotions! At first it mostly just entailed walking around breaking glasses and bottles, but then it got serious when he bit Liv!

But then Stefan legit flew across the room and punched his face so hard!

There was honestly so much wire-fu in this episode, I was very into it. But then Enzo grabbed Elena and ran away. 

Damon still seemed dead-set on winning Enzo' friendship back, but it wasn't looking good. So he took off to find them while Stefan stayed behind to heal Liv (who, again, can't heal herself? Get it together, witches).

Then Sloan woke up as a vampire and Markos made her drink Stefan and Elena's blood. WHAT was he up to? 

Then Enzo decided he would try and hurt Damon by murdering Elena, which was sound logic. But before he could bust apart a sign and stake her, she proved she wasn't no damsel in distress!

But then he snapped her neck. Well, it was a good try.

But then Stefan ran over and wire-fu'd him!

I loved this fight scene so much. This is basically a show about people with super powers, so it's always nice to see those powers in full effect. But then, just as it appeared Enzo had the upper hand (in this case, upper hand meant covering Stefan in gasoline and threatening him with a lighter), Stefan plunged his hand into Enzo's ribcage and Enzo countered with an even crazy move!

THAT'S RIGHT. Enzo pushed himself away from Stefan and ripped his own heart out! To, I guess, frame Stefan for murdering him, which was going to really hurt Damon's feelings. Look, guys, don't look at me. I didn't come up with it. That's on Enzo. Suicide by heart-ripping. I was sad at first but come on, with whatever's going on with The Other Side, death is seeming especially temporary now. He'll be back.

But, uh, Bonnie and Liv seemed pretty convinced Bonnie was going to die. I liked this moment where even when Liv was trying to be helpful she was still giving Bonnie straight-talk. But come on, Bonnie, you are a series regular. Relax. You might not get interesting plotlines, but you aren't going to die either. Get real.

How did THIS part make you feel?

Talk about a retro throwback! This episode saw the return of two major relationships from the earlier seasons: Elena and Stefan's easy rapport, and also Damon's secretive, shadowy yearnings for Elena. And honestly? It worked. Call me nostalgic. 

But then Stefan showed up and admitted he'd killed Enzo, and worse, he felt that it would be best if they all kept it a secret from Damon.

KEEPING SECRETS ALWAYS WORKS OUT GREAT. GOOD IDEA. PERFECT IDEA.

Then Bonnie was about to tell Jeremy that she was probably going to die but instead she chickened out, so now she's keeping THAT a secret too. ALSO PERFECT.

Then Enzo showed up to "pass" to The Other Side or whatever and he made it very clear that his beef with all of them was NOT over.

Oh, and look at what happened to Sloane:

The doppelganger blood had cured her vampirism! Because I guess the doppelganger blood undoes curses, which is what vampirism basically is. So now Markos wants to feed doppelganger blood to everybody and undo the Travelers' curse, but also there would be the added side-effect of turning vampires into their human forms:

CORPSES. That's right, drinking doppelganger blood will turn vampires into dead bodies. So, you know, that's not good! Anyway, sorry Sloane. Maybe don't volunteer to be a test subject for an evil wizard. That's on you.

This whole last scene was pretty painful. 

Damon gave this big long speech about how nobody is beyond redemption, and he owed it to Enzo to flip his switch back on or whatever. And also Enzo had been saying such nice things about Stefan, etc. 

Basically the whole scene was engineered to make Stefan feel SO GUILTY for having kinda-murdered Enzo. 

Except, guess who was NOT impressed by Damon's words? THIS GHOST:

So I have a few questions. Is Enzo's switch still "off" even though he's a ghost? Second question: When monsters die do they retain their monster powers on The Other Side? Or was Vicki, like, human again? Also, wasn't Enzo's idea to frame Stefan for murder his main plan, or does he still have MORE revenge in mind? I don't really get it. But the important thing is that he is MAD (which, again, if he's mad, isn't that en emotion? What the h*ck is the point of flipping your switch if you're still all mad all the time?) and now Enzo is going to be messing with everybody until the end of the season. Which, great. As long as he is around longer. Enzo is a great character, and until now he's just sort of hung around with not much to do. Now he has EVERYTHING to do. And let's be real, if you're going to be haunted by an angry ghost, Enzo would be the one you'd want right?

"Man on Fire" was a solid hour of televised entertainment. Bring on the endgame.

BYE GUYS BYE

QUESTIONS

... Will Elena pass her midterms?

... Shouldn't the Travelers be taking daintier sips of that doppelganger blood?

... Is Bonnie going to get swept into the void?

... No seriously, whose boxers were those?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/2/2016

Season 8 : Episode 6

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/9/2016

Season 8 : Episode 7

328 Comments
Comments (372)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
" But the important thing is that he is MAD (which, again, if he's mad, isn't that en emotion? What the h*ck is the point of flipping your switch if you're still all mad all the time?) " --a lot of movies and tv shows have a hard time truly sticking to the concept of someone with no emotions. Like TVD, it usually results in someone who is just feeling all negative emotions - anger, rage, selfishness, etc instead of the typical leading characters' good, heroic emotions - selflessness, empathy, love, joy, etc. Not to mention that TVD referring to a 'humanity switch' that can literally be 'switched off' for the billionith time is instantly so tired and annoying at this point.
Flag
... Will Elena pass her midterms? Well she passed high-school somehow. So i'm guessing a magic angel will again give her passing grades on all the exams she didn't do.
... Shouldn't the Travelers be taking daintier sips of that doppelganger blood? Probably.
... Is Bonnie going to get swept into the void? After Katherine? Anything is possible.
... No seriously, whose boxers were those? Matt is a LIAR.
Flag
"Enzo pushed himself away from Stefan and ripped his own heart out! To, I guess, frame Stefan for murdering him, which was going to really hurt Damon's feelings."

Let's get real, Enzo kidnapped Elana. Even if Stefan had straight up murdered Enzo, wouldn't that be understandable? Especially to Damon, which if we're being real...friend killing is sorta his move. Add Elana in danger and that Stefan's his brother and I'm not sure he'd even bat an eye. so...

What would make Enzo believe Damon would freak out over the death of a guy he's only known for 5 of his 174 years on earth to the point that he'd hari kari himself? To me, that's the equivalent of knowing somebody 10 months.

"Stefan showed up and admitted he'd killed Enzo, and worse, he felt that it would be best if they all kept it a secret from Damon."

So, TVD is borrowing the worst ever story arc from another CW show? What the hell? Stefan killed Enzo about as much as Oli killed Shado...yet both of these two dummies are taking responsability for it AND trying to keep it a secret from their best friend? BOOO!!!

Smarten up Vampire Diaries and do away with this absurd arc ASAP!
More+
Flag

1) Will Elena pass her midterms? will she even show up for them?

2) Shouldn't the Travelers be taking daintier sips of that doppelganger blood? they shouldn't drink it at all

3) Is Bonnie going to get swept into the void? doubtful

4) No seriously, whose boxers were those? who knows

Flag
Maybe I'm missing something here and if so, please refresh my memory. But what exactly is this Travelers curse again? I know they were cursed by the witches so that they can never gather in their own bodies in one place. But how is killing every vampire in Mystic Falls with doppelganger-blood-cocktails going to solve that??
Flag
When monsters die..they die vampires and such. Remember when the veil was dropped and Alaric came back through..he came back a vampire. I was perplexed at first...when he supersped something..and I was like oh yeah right..died a vampire lol. But he also reverted back to his normal self and not the crazy Alaric. So I wonder if Enzo has feelings now? But then again..look at Kol. I guess it's a matter of preference lol
Flag
I must say I've grown fond of Enzo, I hope he stays! It's kind of the same feelings I had when Klaus came into the show
Flag
Not long ago Silas the mighty was trying so hard to get the ONLY CURE to stop immortality and guess what, he was so wrong, there can be countless cure thanks to Stelena.
To follow TVD, we have to forget things cause the writers certainly don't know where they're going !!!!
Flag
Which made me wonder if the cure was doppelganger blood that Katherine took. And didn't she hang herself to turn into a vampire. Sooo why didn't she die from a snapped neck after taking the cure?
Flag
So, what happened to Katherine when she died looked definely like what happened to Vicky, but if the dissolution of the Other Side was caused by Markos escaping from it, then the two things have to be unrelated right? Because when Katherine died Markos was still regularly dead. Or not?
Flag
Maybe Katherine dying..being a doppelganger..or for all intense purposes the second to last doppelganger.... maybe he switched with her. That was enough power for him to come through? I'm making this all up because TVD ceased making sense lol
Flag
I guess I missed certain details on Enzo but how old of Vampire was he suppose to be? We basically know overall the older the stronger but it always seemed a bit over the top how super confident Enzo was nearly acting like he had Original strength or something. I guess many here like / liked him but never was a fan.
Flag
Bonnie Bennett has to be the most underutilized character in the HISTORY OF TELEVISION! What kills me about it is that she can have some great storylines and development but the writers are so stuck on Elena and this love triangle, which is getting OLD!

Poor Bonnie #losing
Flag
Totally agree. The writers have dropped the ball on Bonnie and "The Other Side" this season. What could have been a really interesting way of looking at how two different layers of existence are affected by supernatural drama turned into a barely-used moonstone. Bonnie could have been popping into the Other Side and chatting with Alaric every so often, and he could've been giving her intel based on what he could glean about the Other Side gossip. She could've been talking with Kol--or really, Kol could have been popping up in places trying to get her attention like he did at the end of Season 4, which would've made more contextualize sense than Kol talking with Matt since the two of them never had any relationship to each other. FFS, after all that effort Damon went through to get Bonnie back, the two of them have barely said any words to each other, let alone had any scenes with each other besides Damon threatening Jeremy's life (again) and moments centered on the entire gang waiting for Katherine to die. I was really shocked when Enzo caught Bonnie texting Damon in this episode---I just as well assumed that the writers decided that the only female Damon is allowed to converse with at length is Elena. As utterly stupid as that is.
More +
Flag
OMG Call me Coldplay cause I will fix him IM DYING.

THIS IS AWESOME and there are some really important questions by the end.
Flag
This season blows. The Enzo & traveler storylines are scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
Flag
TVD has now overblown beyond the nth degree the fact that anything and everything can be solved by a witch so nothing really matters. To me a traveler is like a witch, haha.
Flag
Now hold on. If doppelganger blood turns vampires back to the point when they were human (and dead) shouldn't Stefan be human or dead now? He was drinking Elena's (the doppelganger) blood back in Season 2 so he could drink human blood again without being a ripper. I guess because he IS a doppelganger that would cancel it out? And I guess Tyler is ok because that was to turn him into a hybrid? Lol gotta love the crazy writers of the TVD!
Flag
I think they have to be the last doppelganger. REmember where they killed the EMT...so Stefan could be the last. Elena wasn't the last..there was Katherine. And Amara was still crazypants stuck in a box in a warehouse.
Flag
I don't remember exactly how Tyler died to become a vampire, but I think Klaus snapped his neck. Therefore if he was no longer a vamp, he would go back to having a snapped neck. Not ok.
Flag
It's the blood of the LAST dopelgangers. It wasn't until season 5, that only Stefan and Elena were alive. There was still Katherine, and Stefan's human dopelganger that we met this season.
Flag
I think there has to be some kind of magic chant going on as you drink it.Markos was chanting while Sloane drank it so,mabye that's it?
Flag
It also has to be blood of the last 2 dooplergangers mixed together. Stefan and Elena's blood separately doesn't do anything, it needs to be mixed and then it needs the words/spell of what Markos was chanting
Flag
It's sad how TVD became a shell of itself. I just can't bring myself to care about any of the characters anymore.
Flag
Enzo clearly didn't flip off his switch. He pretended to, to lure Damon away with Elena as the decoy, to frame Stefan for his murder/suicide.
Flag
I can't bring myself to watch this episode. I never thought that I'd be so bored and disappointed with TVD, but I am. I'm not giving up on the show, but it really doesn't have much to offer anymore, and anything even slightly potentially interesting it has it ruins. TVD has never been a brilliant show, but it was fun and interesting. One of my biggest problems with this show is character development, and just characters in general. I'm big on shows being character based - what is the show without its characters, you know? But this show has some of the worst characters I've seen - it would be fairly easy to really flesh them out and involve them, and yet the famous four (Jeremy, Matt, Bonnie and Tyler) just sit there and do nothing. It's gotten worse this season, although it was bad in S4. They are extremely under-developed, and they might as well not be there. Why are they there? They brought Bonnie and Jeremy back from the dead for what reason? They should just keep them dead. In S1 and 2 something I liked was that all the characters were doing something; maybe not something crucial, but they were interacting with their friends and they had stuff going on in their own lives, and that made it realistic. It felt like these characters were friends and that they actually knew each other, but now this show is really feeling like a show, not a story. Tyler had a prominent plot in S2, and even a bit in S3, but after that... Caroline, having been the most well developed character, is almost going back to being S1 Caroline, and all her stories are about boys.
Don't get me started on Elena.

So, I've ranted and I don't feel like that made as much sense as in my head, but there you go.
More+
Flag
Seriously?! That's it? They've tortured us with Whitemore-crap for half of season 5 just to explain why a girl walks down Main Street in 1960's election night?! Please....
Flag
A: If Elena and company attend college classes like they did in high school, then NFW.

B: Gotta save the Doppelganger blood. Drink sparingly and no backwash.

C: Poor Bonnie, she was dead girl walking ever since Katzia made her the anchor. That was such a poor plot device, imho. Do the inhabitants of the other side go to oblivion when it all comes crashing down? Reincarnation? or do they get set free to roam Mystic Falls and New Orleans and all points in between?

D: Tyler has been MIA for a few days or so, Matt claimed not his, and Jeremy said whose are they, implying not his either. Maybe they are Luke's? Or is Matt or Jeremy possessed by a traveler?

E: Do the people (using the term loosely) of Mystic Falls not know that keeping secrets only leads to more doom and gloom? Geez. All Stefan had to do was say, "Hey Enzo and I fought over Elena and his heart just fell out. Get over it."

F: Where was Caroline?

G: Bonnie teaching Liv spells she learned in first grade, made me laugh. So much for the all powerful Bennett witches. How would Liv handle Esther's grimoire, I wonder? Or Bastiana?

H: Elena was damsel in distress again.

I: To save the other side, send Marcos back. Easy. Bonnie nor Liv thought of that? hmmm.

More+
Flag
F: I was wondering that during the entire episode, she wasn't around at whitmore, nor back home? WTF? I understand that TVD has a big cast right now, but seriously...

I: I still don't understand why Markos returning is making the other side crumbling. Like Bonnie and Liv said there are components to a spell... like Markos is one of them?
Flag
Maybe Markos is the other side's anchor like Bonnie is this side's ancchor.
Flag
But Markos died 500 years after Tessa, right?
Flag
That makes sense. Maybe it needs two anchors.
Flag
I was thinking about this whole The Other Side collapsing by the end of the season. If this is the storyline, and all the dead people of the other side go/transport to hell/another dimension, maybe in Season 6 we will see some kind of OUAT scenario. One story in real time with the Mystic Fall Gang and the other storyline in the hell/another dimension. TVD is hinting 3 deaths or possible deaths. The guess is that one of Damon, Elena and Stefan will die. I always think in Damon. But --------spoiler ahead------- the synopsis for the finale said that Damon is preventing the Other side from collapsing at all cost. I read in another forum and someone theorized that the possible dead will be Stefan and that's the reason why Damon want to prevent the other side from collapse. I think that this theory make more sense that my think of Damon dying.
Flag
Which is interesting because you'd think that last season ended with Stefan getting trapped in the safe that Silas threw into the lake/quarry. So it should be Damon's turn to function as the season finale cliffhanger. Looking at another CW bro-love show, Supernatural, (though I'm behind 1-2 seasons now), they switch on and off regarding which brother ends up in danger come season finale time so the next season can start with either trying to find the missing brother or help that brother overcome whatever hurdle fractured his identity in the previous season. I'd hate for Stefan to get the short end of the stick AGAIN. &-- not that I want Damon to suffer, either, but that would make more sense in the narrative structure. Plus if Damon found out about Enzo being dead and was still in his current mentality that he "owes Enzo" as his friend and support and doesn't want to keep loving Elena/dealing with the doppelganger crap, Damon would sacrifice himself or get caught off guard.
Flag
I haven't read the books and I know the writers are not following them. But I heard that in one of the books Damon gets stuck in some other dimension or something. He makes it back to the real world in the following book. So it could be a possibility that Damon could get stuck on the other side. I think you may be on to something there.
Flag
But I really hope they don't kill Damon.
Flag
They will never kill one of the three leads until the series finale, if then. Killing either of the brothers would KILL the show. I for one, would likely stop watching as both brothers are more interesting than the characters that would be left if either died.
Flag
"They will never kill one of the three leads until the series finale, if then."

Your are completely right, that's my thought too. I think this possible dead is only to create this whole storyline for season 6, where they need to prevent the other side from collapse or have to save or bring back the person that's stuck in the another dimension.

This possible death of the main character will be temporary only to create the storyline for season 6. They are saying that the other people that will die will be permanently. After all, this is TVD they always bring people back.
Flag
First off, can they think of no other way to further the plot other than the characters repetitively making the same exact mistakes over and over??? Like, yeah telling Damon that Enzo is dead could very well push him over the same edge he's already taken flying leaps over in the past. However, not telling him and letting him inevitably find out (cause y'all lets be real, no one around here is good at keeping secrets) will be so much worse. Damon could have accepted the death of his psychotic suicidal murder buddy, but I don't think he will be able to accept the two people he loves the most lying to him about it. Way to go Stefan and Elena, you have yet again succeeded in making Damon more mental than he already is.
Then there was Bonnie. She has the MOST drama with no drama of any character in the history of television ever. Her immortal soul could be hanging in the balance while she and everyone else is just like "whatevs! Aint nothing but a thang!" She gets such a bad rap anyway, but lets be honest, she has handled all the crap she never in the first place wanted to deal with, all for the sake of the people she cares about. And she seems to be the only one who actually makes a semblance of an attempt at standing by her convictions. So yes, I like Bonnie and Elena needs to get past her own silly issues and get with it or Bonnies gonna need a new, less self-absorbed BFF. Ya know, one that actually cares about her impeding doom.
Can we all just take a minute and wonder where the heck Caroline was the whole entire episode? Did I miss something or was everyone just really chill that they're favorite sassy blonde vampire was absolutely no where to be found?
More+
Flag
One of my biggest problems with how Bonnie is written is that she has no sense of self-preservation at all. She is so complacently willing to roll over and die if it means Elena or Jeremy are safe. It's a really, really, really disturbing dependency she has on the well-being of others who, themselves, barely reciprocate the love and affection. As Price has so adequately noted, Bonnie could be either dead/ghost or alive and her friends' awareness of her pain and struggles is equally void. It's so incredibly unhealthy. The only characters who consistently-occasionally shows signs of caring about Bonnie's well-being are Caroline and Matt. When Elena talked to Bonnie this episode, I was so shocked, I literally thought to myself, "Wait, what? Since when do you care about school and/or Bonnie, Elena? Oh wait. You don't really. It's subconsciously a ploy to spend "friend" time with Stefan." Blargh.

Flag
... Will Elena pass her midterms?

She could compel her teachers right?

... Shouldn't the Travelers be taking daintier sips of that doppelganger blood?

Maybe the spell needs to be that much bloody?

... Is Bonnie going to get swept into the void?

I would add, where she belong. Seriously, what is up with that character? So now there's doubt that she's still a ghost? I hope she moves on and finds peace.

... No seriously, whose boxers were those?

Jeremy's secret male lover's
Flag
Yay, TVD showed us intense hostage situation for the 90th time!
Flag
I just love how Elena says 'Damon said he never wanted to see me again', right after just talking to and about how Bonnie is accepting (denying) her supposed imminent doom. Really? Elena can be insensitive at times, but this takes the damn cake. Your problems are not problems when compared to Bonnie's, so shut up about your boy troubles for ONCE.

Considering Mystic Falls draws vampires like flowers draw bees, it is slightly unreasonable for Enzo to jump immediately to the conclusion that Stefan was the one to kill Maggie. Of course it was Damon who killed her... because why not? Ugh. That's another default setting the TVD writers revert to - 'we need someone to have been killed but we need it to cause drama.... Damon did it!'. Also, in terms of Stefan "killing" Enzo, as far as I see it, Damon killed Lexi, so really.

I found this episode to be rather dull over all. There are no stakes to it when characters who are killed are simply brought back to life or return in ghost form.
Flag
Elena is basically the most selfish character ever! Bonnie gets a bad rap but she is an amazingly loyal friend who should basically tell Elena to check herself. Where is Caroline? She is actually a good friend.

And I am not sure where this travellers story is going but I am pretty bored of it already.
Flag
LMFAOOO...the comments about Bonnie #icant
Flag
I immediately thought of Lexi! Still, I guess saying "now we're even" won't solve a thing..
Flag
Hahaha, I didn't think about it, but you are absolutely right. I'm sorry Elena, but Damon saying he doesn't want to see you again (because he loves you and can't handle not being with you, no less) is not nearly in the same magnitude of severity as The Other Side imploding on itself leaving Bonnie and every supernatural individual over there's remaining days numbered.
Flag
Exactly! It's the most selfish thing I think she has ever said. I had to pause the episode and write my little ranty paragraph about it before I could continue because it bothered me so much.
Flag
It's tough to rank the incredible number of selfish things Elena has said. This one was right up there with her telling Stefan about her fabulous summer f*cking his brother right after he got out of 3 months of drowning in the safe. With no help from her, even though he tried to connect with her while drowning over and over.

And when she was in the Augustine cell with Damon for five minutes and he told her he'd been there for 5 years, what was she upset about? Something something about her father.

There are so many examples. These stick out in my mind.
Flag
We're talking about a women who found out that Bonnie died and said "So I lost my best friend?"

Seriously, she even made Bonnie's death about herself!
Flag
Anybody else cringe when Elena once again couldn't go through a whole conversation with Stephan without bringing up Damon. What an insensitive bitch!
Flag
I think I'm growing desensitized to Elena's selfishness regarding the brothers. She's done something like this before in the past---she'll be with Stefan, but comment about how she can't pretend she isn't attracted to Damon; she'll be with Damon, but comment about how he brings out the dangerous monster in her that she doesn't like being. She can't ever be happy with one brother without glancing over at the other brother. Just once, I want the brothers to choose each other and tell Elena that they're "on a break" with her and that she should focus on school, repairing her friendships, being with her brother, and growing up.
Flag
This episode made me feel absolutely nothing at all, and the show's been that way for me for a while now. It bums me out a lot because this used to be my favorite show, but this season has been extremely dull and all over the place in my honest opinion.

I just hope that all of the things that have happened in the season make sense by the finale. Like, what was the point of the whole Katherine in Elena's body storyline? Or the Quetsiyah (sp?), Silas, and Amara thing? As far as I can tell, that only resulted in Bonnie becoming the new anchor to the Other Side or whatever . . . but for what? So that she can scream every ten minutes whenever a supernatural being passes through her? Well, I guess that resulted in Markos emerging, so we'll just have to see. But for the love of God, what has Jeremy's purpose been for the past season??

In addition, I honestly couldn't care less about who Elena ends up with. I fell in love with Vampire Diaries because of all the cool supernatural mythology. I always found the amount of focus on Elena's love life and the love triangle to be really annoying. That being said, for a while I kind of wanted Elena and Damon to get together, but when they did I found their relationship to be boring as hell. So yeah, I'm back to not caring in the slightest, and I wish the show would use her character for something different.

The Traveler's storyline is pretty neat. But I don't find Markos to be scary at all. Klaus definitely was, but like Silas, I wouldn't be surprised if Markos just kinda hangs around for a while and then gets killed or something.

So yeah, I'm gonna keep watching until the end, but I just miss how this show used to thrill me and keep me at the edge of my seat. But only that's my opinion, of course.
More+
Flag
It looks like TVD is following the pattern other shows are using, multiple archs seasons, 10-12 episode long. It's not working very well, is it?
Flag
Oh great another cure, just what the show needed.
Flag
I think it made sense that if the other side goes down, its anchor would lose its job, and Bonnie was dead anyway.

I guess Luke and Liv can't do magic if they can't use their hands?

Don't really know how would Maggie break her compulsion...

Have witches ever done other magic from telekinesis or frying brains? Of course they can't heal anybody!

Enzo's suicide for bold for sure. I love crazy characters!

I think the blood alone won't turn anyone into anything...

The switch is portraited really badly! Enzo was just so full of anger, it was like he was in some kind of denial...
Flag
The flipped switch is just another plot device without any logic. It means whatever is convenient at the moment. Mostly it seems to give the flipped vampire liberty to do any rotten thing he or she wants to do and blame it on "I turned off my emotions". Every one of them continued to have emotions, particularly anger and selfishness, if that can be called an emotion.

The flipped switch turns off *positive* emotions but leaves the negative ones intact, plus provides an excuse for acting on them.
Flag
I mean, at least try to act robotic... why can't they just say it turns off the guilt? That's all it does anyway...
Flag
That is true, all it does is turn off guilt.

But once flipped back on - Stefan feels a lot of guilt for his actions. Damon seems to feel guilt for what he did to Enzo when he was "off". Has Elena shown any remorse? I can't think of any.
Flag
She's good at overcoming it! :P
Flag
Basically the episode....
When Enzo told Damon he can't hate him...

When Enzo turned off his humanity and kindapped Elena...

When Stefan 'killed' Enzo...

When Damon carried Elena home and disappeard before she woke up...

When Stefan lied to Damon about what happened to Enzo and asked Elena to keep it a secret...

Defan moment at the end of the episode...

When Enzo showed up in the living room...

Travelers...

Flag
You should do this every episode.Absolutley hilarious.
Flag
I think both brothers lost so much! They're equals. Yeah, Damon killed Lexi. At least Stefan has Caroline, Elena and even Bonnie left. He has friends. Damon? Enzo was killed by Stefan. Rose and Alaric are dead. Elena and him are having problems. Even Andie was killed. Not that she really was that important, but he did care about her. Now Stefan, Elena and the rest are lying to him and It's not ok. He's gonna feel really betrayed when he finds out. And we all know the truth is gonna come out.
Loved the review though! Next episode looks really amazing. Can't wait!
Flag
I love that, maybe don't volunteer to be a test subject of an evil wizard, lol. That's gonna crack me up all day
Flag
Meh.... Damon killed Lexi!!!! Enough said.
Flag
So true! I think it's great how much impact Lexi actually kind of has on the show despite the fact that she's only been in a few episodes :) Love her sooooo much!
Flag
Definitely don't care enough about Enzo to feel anything about his *plotline*. He's been in what? 5 episodes? Alaric is, and always will be Damon's only friend, stop trying to replace that attachment please. Also, I'm sure Enzo's killed his fair share of people's girlfriends, lovers, fathers, mothers etc... Let's not throw stones because it happened to you.

I feel like if Stefan explained that Enzo had ipso facto killed himself, Damon would be cool. He might go on a murder-spree, but then he'd be cool. Stefan killed their father and Andie and Damon killed Lexi, and they made it through that, what is one side character with a questionable backstory? It did make me laugh that Stefan *needed* to keep this a secret from Damon and he immediately told two people about it.

Was it just me? Or did Tyler seem like Tyler for the second part the Traveler show?

Flag
Um yes a million times yes. They NEED to back off of Alaric and Damon's relationship. Glad I wasn't the only one who could not care less about Enzo's little suicide stunt.
Flag
I thought too that Tyler's consciousness came back!
Flag
The show didn't have any idea what to do with Enzo, clearly. The trajectory of the character sucks. All that flirting with Caroline, all that looking for the love of his youth, all that wish for partnership, and it ended in a sided stupid story that's supposed to be the seed for something that we have seen a million times already. Who cares now about Enzo. What a waste.
Flag
Enzo should've been the next Alaric instead they make him another vampire searching for his lost love.
Flag
I agree that he should have had a bigger role. And even if looking for his lost love, the ending of that could not have been more stupid.
Flag

I just confirmed it, the actress who played Maggie was the bitchy cheerleader in Hellcats! I knew it! On a side note, did black people go to college with white people and become members of prestigious secret Vampire research societies in the 50's? In the SOUTH!?
Flag
The episode ran it down our throats that Maggie's demise happened in the fall of 1960. Considering how happily black and white people seemed to be mingling outside of the television store on the street in front of Damon's murder moment, I throw a yellow flag on the field, too, because folks seemed too damn cozy with each other when Mystic Falls/Whitmore have always been portrayed as rural small towns, which seem especially ripe for discrimination. Considering the Civil Rights Movement were ramping up, let alone the anti-miscegenation laws that would've been in effect (see the Loving v. Virginia court case where an African American woman and white man were denied the ability to get married in VA in 1958, so they got married out-of-state, but then had to deal with a lot of racist-infused tension of being able to travel around VA together), I have some major issues with just how normal Damon and Maggie were acting in public. I'm absolutely pro-interracial romance, but I would imagine that a young woman like Maggie (unless she really really didn't give a f***) would, at least, show some signs of caution with how she interacted with Damon in public for fear of being noticed (aka witnesses, which she wouldn't have wanted in the process of trying to attack a vampire who, to everyone else, would've looked like a white man). She's not only black in a historical period where that was considered a dangerous mark of inferiority; she's also a woman in a historical period when that was considered a mark of inferiority, and certain levels of propriety were expected.
More +
Flag
Yes they did, but not often, and the farther south you go the less likely it is, however I never saw her wear anything other than a sweater(I.e. No lab coat) so she was probably just a secretary... And a thief now that I think about it, how did she have those research notes on Enzo without some very sticky fingers...
Flag
What I concluded form this episode is that:

A) Nothing the writers ever do with Stefan or Damon will make me give a shit about Defan. That brothership is overrated and completely one-sided. Stefan needs to kick Damon's ass to the curb.

B) I am SO glad that Enzo is dead. The guy was duller then a bunch of pebbles, and this episode being dedicated to him was a waste of time.

C) Stefan you are the light of my life and I love you dearly, but please stop justifying and condoning Damon's shitty and horrible attitude.

D) If anyone has hard a year this year it would be Stefan and Bonnie and maybe even Elena (Katherine did steal her body there for a while). How can the writers expect us to take any of this woe is me Damon crap seriously when nothing they show us on this show backs it the fuck up.

E) The travellers are boring and I don't care.

F) Bonnie is martyr. What she needs to do is blown this whole town off the face of the earth and kill all of the useless people in it.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
What I meant to say:
D) If anyone has had a hard year this year.....
Flag
Ya know what my biggest problem with the big bads on this show is? None of them have very epic endgames. Katherine wanted free from Klaus, Silas wanted to kill himself, the Travellers just want to...not move anymore? I mean, what they did will possibly destroy the other side, but they already did that, it's not some dastardly thing they plan on doing. and they only did it sort of as a side effect of bringing Markos back, it wasn't there main goal. Klaus maybe had the coolest endgame, to become a hybrid and make them, but he only seemed to want to do that so he wouldn't be alone anymore. It wasn't like he ever said he was going to use them to take over the world or anything. The closest thing to a world threatening villain on this show was-well the threesome of Mikael, Ester and Alaric, because they would have destroyed all the vampires on earth if they won. Still, that would have probably only made the world a BETTER place!
I guess I'm saying that unlike Buffy, this is a really selfish show. Everyone does everything either to protect themselves or Elena. On Buffy, the characters were literally sacrificing their lives to prevent the world from being sucked into hell all the time. TVD's motives are more realistic, but Buffy's seemed more epic, and, in the words of Elijah, more "Noble."
More+
Flag
I have to agree, the only thing I would like more about this show is for it to be a little larger in scope, show me a little more actual, useful magic( seriously, it's a rope and your a witch, turn it into a snake or smoke or something.) and show me the world at large...
Flag
I love the easy friendship between Elena and Stefan now. It reminds me of the pure, platonic love between Caroline and Stefan who imo have the best relationship out of any two characters in the show.
Flag
"Call me Coldplay bc I'm gonna fix him" - Lol! Love this.

"Can u at least bring me a mirror" Hahaha! Loved this too. :)

1. Will Elena pass her midterms? Hahaha, does she even know where they take place?

2. Shouldn't the Travelers take daintier sips of the doppelganger blood? There is not one iota of logic on this show, so no. They should polish it off ASAP. Oh wait, they did.

3. Is Bonnie going to get swept into the void? Only if it means she will be useless in the void.

4. Whose boxers were those?? Good question! Maybe there is a spell to find out. It would be the most useful one they ever came up with.
Flag
Yay no Caroline I didn't miss her one bit lol. The Travelers are weird I think that's why the witches cursed them cuz they be up to no good, that's always the case when the witches do something big like this seeing as how they are the keepers of the balance of nature and all that. The Travelers' plan can't be as simple as becoming free of a curse. They obviously want to do something on a grand scale but the curse is preventing that. At this point things should be pretty hectic in Mystic Falls yet Elena is studying for classes she doesn't go to? Lol
Flag
I honestly have no idea how I feel about this episode. It was not the greatest, but it did finally explain what the Travelers' are up to, so I guess it was okay. Enzo shutting off his emotions and then setting Stefan up as a murderer was pretty good - although I wish Stefan would have been honest with Damon, I understand why he chose to keep it from him. Stefan continues to look out for his brother's feelings. I liked Damon and Stefan's conversation at the end, but way to pile on the guilt that Stefan already feels. I wonder how long Damon will be in the dark about what happened to Enzo. Enzo continuing to mess with Damon and Stefan from the Other Side will be interesting.
Elena, Jeremy and Matt did nothing this episode, Tyler spent the episode chained up (though he now is aware of the Travelers' plan, Bonnie continues to hide the truth about her impending death from her friends (I liked Bonnie's conversation with Liv, when Liv told her to say her goodbyes to Jeremy and the rest of her friends), though would they really care if they knew the truth - if the showrunners finally decide to send Bonnie to the great beyond (for real this time) I will say it is what is best for her character because she has been nothing but a doormat who has been used over and over again by her friends since the beginning of this series. Let Bonnie die and be free of these losers who only seem to show an interest in her when it is convenient to what is happening in their lives.
With the way this season has been going I am not that enthusiastic about the final episodes, but I hope the showrunners have a better plan set up for next year.
More+
Flag
Sooooo... Enzo passed onto the Other Side, but he's still here? WTF? Plothooooooole.
Flag
Isn't the Other Side fucked up and in a process of self-destruct for an episode or so?
Flag
Yes but how come we don't see the other ghosts then? And it's mostly the fact that we see him right after he's supposedly passed through Bonnie/the anchor.
Flag
This show like a cargo net.. Nothing but holes.
Flag
The others couldn't see him, just like they've shown Alaric watching over Damon. In any case I'm guessing with the other side crumbling before whatever pulls them into the darkness they will have a chance to maybe interact with the normal realm.
Flag
Hi I'm Jeremy. I have no use accept to make teenage girls wet their panties and make the same dumb face I've made since season one. I'm curious since the actor who plays Jeremy has shown such little acting ability since being on this show what will his future post TVD be? Will he be a corpse on future CSI's cause that's all I can see. As for this episode, real good until they killed Enzo. I mean why keep someone who's compelling around when you can keep the dumb ass twins Matt & Jeremy around. Bonnie, my god has any one character become so impotent over five years. First she was a bad ass witch, now she's well lawn furniture. Only good thing tonight was no Caroline to make frowny faces. Good lord this season can't end soon enough.
Flag
Jeremy's voice grates on me.
Flag
Is Enzo's switch still "off" even though he's a ghost?

I hope not. At first I thought it was, but then I remembered that the instant second Alaric died, he went back to being "himself". And he stayed that way even after he came back, when Bonnie dropped the veil. Not sure if it was "just" the humanity switch that made the vampire Ric evil, but if death could "cure" him of that, then it better also fix a stupid switch...
Flag
Crap... Another thing I just realized makes absolutely no sense.

Markos said that there was a prophecy that the last doppelganger blood will have the power they need to undo witches magic.

But wait... Last doppelganger? Weren't *every* doppelgangers in fact the last doppelgangers? It's supposed to be only one a generation. The reason there are more than one now is because 2 of them (Katherine and Stefan) were vamped.

But Markos said he died 1500 years ago, that would be 500 years before the Originals were formed - so there weren't any vampires at his time and the show made it super clear that no one other than Tessa ever developed witch style imortality... So how could there be more than 1 doppelgagner at a time?
Flag
For final doppelgangers they meant the two remaining once Amara and Silas are dead, so that the balance would not need to be restored with another pair.
Flag
The whole doppelganger situation is getting more ridiculous and convoluted with every "twist".
Flag
Perhaps they needed Amara and Silas to be dead as well?
Flag
Ah, right, the "originals". I suppose that makes sense, they said the travelers life mission is to kill Silas. So maybe that was it.

Though didn't the travelers have Amara's body all this time? Didn't they hold her until Damon and Silas broke her free? If that's the case, they could have gone and kill all Elena\Katherine so she'll be the last one
Flag
Maybe the blood has to be combined from both of the "final" doppelgangers for it to work? So that's why they could never do it before despite having Amara in their pocket all these years. They couldn't get to Silas cuz he was desiccated or whatever in that cave.
Flag
I suppose they could have done that, but that would be too logical. ;)
Flag
It's like the travelers changed purpose every episode XD
Flag
I would not mind if Enzo haunted me
Flag
I wouldn't mind being haunted by Katherine.
Flag
I love this show, but the "switch off" thing always bugged me. I really don't get the logic of it. If they really weren't feeling any emotion (good or bad) wouldn't they just be functionning bodies or something like that ?

If Enzo switch was of why will he still want to have revenge ?
Flag
I always thought of the switch of something that makes you something of a psychopath.
Flag
I've always thought this too - every time I remember it being explained in detail, the whole point of the switch flip was to turn off your humanity, not your emotions. So things that normal people possess (which are painful) such as guilt, worry, fear, grief, as well as the general need to follow social mores/care about consequences all go poof. That doesn't mean they you can't still enjoy things, or be angry about things, annoyed, etc. We've seen this in multiple switch off vampires, including Damon and Elena.
Flag
Thank you ! I got humanity switch and emotion switch mixed up or maybe the show did, because they are always talking about emotions as the key of the switch.
Flag
You're welcome! It can get pretty confusing the way the show talks about it sometimes.
Flag
I think Rose mentioned in season 2 that at the age of 500ish, she could no longer flip her switch. I'm guessing it's almost like a self compulsion, that loses it's efficacy over time.
Flag
Thank you, I don't remember that, but I like the "self compulsion" explanation, at least it makes sense.
Flag
This episode was a step up from the previous one. But I also have to agree... The point of pulling the switch off is just totally ridiculous! In a large amount of season 4 Elena had her switch off, but she walked around being angry (an emotion), bored (an emotion), hurt (an emotion) and bitchy (sort of an emotion). So what's the point? They should just call it "The love switch" or something else ridiculous, since the only thing they turn off are their ability to love someone, it seems like.
And btw WHO'S BOXERS WAS THAT. Maybe Luke's? He's probably hooking up with either Jeremy, Matt or Tyler. Erm, I'm just kidding of course. (Maybe)

And is the point of this new (again) "cure" to make the main characters human next season? I wouldn't be totally opposed to that at this point, like I was last season. I feel like very little's at stake. If a new threat introduces itself, the main characters can just flee the scene with vamp speed. They need to be more vulnerable. IMO it was a huge mistake to kill of Aaron. He was a potential love interest for Elena, and you know, HUMAN.
It's really obvious that the show is running out of gas, the writers are struggling with what to do with their characters. They lack what I guess we could call a general storytelling device: tension. The characters have no tension. The only tension we've been seeing lately are The gang vs The Travelers. Bonnie vs new witch. Enzo vs Damon, etc. What do these have in common? Very few of them are between our main characters. And the little tension we see between the main characters are extremely poor. Step it up, writers! Maybe an idea to kill off a few of the series regulars, and not KILL OFF EVERY NEW CHARACTER YOU INTRODUCE EACH SEASON. Just an idea.

And while I'm still rambling (OMG, this is the biggest post I've ever written, sorry), I have to mention a big part of what made the first few seasons special to me: the town. It was such a weird and interesting aspect of the show. You had the Council, the Sheriff's Department etc. You always made the main characters vulnerable on how they had to appear in front of others, as they didn't want to reveal their supernatural abilities. The new plot line with the Travelers taking over Mystic Falls would've been interesting if we actually still knew the town.
More+
Flag
The cure is just test to see if a doppleganger's blood (in vampire form since they specifically wanted Elena and Stefan as the last two) can undo a witch's magic. The cure would not be useful against vampires because from what I saw after they took it, they would die shortly after in the way that they died (Sloan's neck was slashed and it came back) when they had the blood in their system. My guess is that they are looking to find out a way to apply their blood to breaking the curse.
Flag
I still don't get how feeding vampires doppelganger blood and basically killing them... will list THEIR curse.. and allow them to be together again..

Speaking of... aren't they all together now... I didn't see anything happen to them when they all met up in the city dump or wherever, and now they're squatting in some house together, but they're trying to lift a curse together.... so that they can all be together... huh?

So I guess what I'm trying to figure out (mainly) is what does lifting the vampirism curse have to do with their Traveler's curse? Any takers on that???

I think we're at the point in the season where we should have a definitive plot line, a definitive idea of where the bad guy is going with all of this, and really... we don't. I'm going to stick with my key phrase I use singularly for TVD: This shit don't make sense.
Flag
Actually Markos explained almost all of your questions in the past couple of episodes.

First, the travelers have a curse that prevents them from gathering in a single place at high quantities - But they can do it when not using their own bodies. That is why they jumped into the townspeople bodies.

Second, The travelers want to undo the curse the witches put on them so they can stop being nomads and settle down. To do that, they want to cast a dispel magic spell and the doppelganger blood is an ingredient. Keep in mind that both Tessa and Esther used doppelganger blood for lots of spells.

Their plan is to cast it at an extremely large case and dispell everything in the entire town. They only care about their own issue, but as a side effect, every other spell in town would be dispelled and that includes turning all vampires into humans (and then dead bodies). They don't want to kill the vamps (I doubt they'll stop anyone from simply leaving town and getting out of range) but it's simply a side effect of their work.

Think of it like Silas trying to destroy the other side. He didn't want to do it to kill all the ghosts there, he tried to do it because of his own issues. If anyone else suffers from it - who cares.
More +
Flag
Awe man... you're making sense where I was having fun poking at the nonsense. :(
Shucks, you guys ruin all of my fun.
Flag
Don't worry, finding holes on this show is about as challenging as finding a needle in a needle stack

Take 30 seconds you'll find more :)

Here, I'll toss you another one that I just realized:

If the Sheriff was possessed, then Tyler stabbed her and killed the traveler possessing her, then someone came up behind him and possessed him.

Doesn't that mean that the travelers know she is not possessed? Why on earth aren't they repossessing her?
You would think the Sheriff would be on of the key people to put on your side.
Flag
I figured they just repossessed her. Or maybe now that they have a hybrid, they don't care? lol who knows.
You really just have to turn your brain off while watching this show.
Flag
The cure thing was just a test. That wasn't the point of them making the cure, they were just seeing if Vampirism (a spell caused by Esther, a powerful witch) could be undone with a doppleganger's blood. Basically it's an "if this can be done" then "that can be done" scenario.
Flag
Sorry for the double reply. Since the spell worked on vampirism, they want to apply that to lifting that curse that causes a natural disaster every time they settle to perform magic.
Flag
Okay.... but they're still together preforming magic, so that they can be together to preform magic and be one big happy Hollister family, or some thing to that effect.

There's just too much going on with out any of it having a solid plot.
Flag
I'm guessing there's some sort of time limit or something before the disaster happens. Whatever it is it's not instant since they have time to move from town to town. Maybe if they stay there more than a few days or so? It's the only explanation I got for that part.
Flag
boring
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members