A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

The Vampire Diaries S05E20: "What Lies Beneath"

What exactly constitutes a "bad day" on The Vampire Diaries? Toward the end of "What Lies Beneath" Damon smooshed Elena's face, mashed his mouth onto hers, and then said he'd deserved it after the day he'd had. But to me this day didn't seem any worse than any other day we've witnessed on this show? These characters are all living a nonstop nightmare from which they can never wake. As much as this show wants us to believe that time passes in between episodes, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Every passing day brings another wizard attack or mass murder or funeral. Good days just straight up don't exist in Mystic Falls, you know? Seriously, off the top of your head can you think of a single "good day" for any of these characters that wasn't somehow plunged into a hell-abyss of bad times? Let me know! So yeah, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the best excuse to make out with an ex, but sometimes any excuse will do. Fair enough. Treat yourself!

Anyway, as far as bad days go, the one that transpired in "What Lies Beneath" was at least a pretty fun one FOR US. A handsome sassy ghost burned down a barn, vampires played charades, gypsies had a slumber party in a cave, a handsome witch wore a very nice sweater, and a vampire-werewolf had his abs licked by a stranger. This episode was entertaining, is what I'm trying to say. Let's talk about it!

It was clear right away that the Travelers were bored. After singing "La Vie Boheme" for the hundredth time they'd taken to setting up accent lights on mannequins and spreading more chandeliers about the room. And also licking the abs of strangers:

This was the wife of the Traveler who was living inside Tyler. It's obvious that the Travelers have weird sex lives because she was totally cool with sleeping with a stranger's body, which, fine. It is not for us to judge the sexual habits of homeless witches. But of course she was getting too carried away feelin' on Tyler's titties to notice that this was Tyler and not her husband in control. Luckily Tyler played it off very well:

But then he wolfed out and escaped!

Haha I know always harp on this, but here is why wolf-werewolves are so dumb. It was very fearsome and scary when we saw Tyler's shadow turning into a huge beast. But then a dog ran out? And just FYI the dog only ran up to the camera and swallowed it, I guess, because the lady ended up being totally fine later. Yeah, I seriously don't get the werewolves in this universe but it's much too late to care about that now.

Meanwhile a trio of hunks were chilling in their brown house throwing ice cubes and doing magic and bickering.

Luke was officially trying to help them (1) locate Markos and (b) do a protection spell of some kind. But hey, I specifically requested to see Luke do magic and he did! That was fun. Not the fun kind of magic that Liv has gotten to do, like throwing Elena across wood shops or whatever, but I'll take it. Also, that is a very good sweater, sorry, but it's true and you know it. An A+ sweater.

So because these teens are great at brainstorming, they decided to go take a trip to Caroline's dead gay dad's cabin so that Markos couldn't find them. Luke was going to cloak them I guess, but what nobody factored in was that Stefan's accidental murder of Enzo was going to have consequences. First and foremost, it was going to make Stefan and Elena super guilty about things.

And that secret they harbored would make it look like they were having a secret sexual liaison.

And also Enzo's ghost was creepin' on everybody. You'd think he would have gotten what he'd wanted by framing Stefan for murder, but as we would learn later that was a major NBD situation with Damon, so clearly Enzo was already onto Plan B: Being a ghost dick.

Meanwhile Damon had noticed Elena was acting weird whenever he brought up Enzo's mysterious 'disappearance' and she was doing an expert job of playing it off:

Haha seriously. She got quiet, he asked her what was up, and she legit said she was thinking about going out and chopping wood. A PERFECT SAVE, in other words.

Meanwhile Jeremy and Bonnie were having a "date weekend" in the empty dorms but were having a hard time taking their shirts off.

Bonnie was STILL lying to him about the major possibility that she would be dying soon, which you would think would cause her to act very YOLO but meanwhile she and Jeremy still had their shirts on? It was a baffling situation, so a ghost showed up to set her straight:

Jasmine Guy was sick and tired of Bonnie not telling Jeremy that she might die. Also Jasmine Guy knocked over Bonnie's best lamp that she bought at Ross and it turned out ghosts could handle physical objects now. Just in time for Enzo to go all Beetlejuice on the rest of the gang!

Meanwhile Caroline and Damon both suspected something was up with Elena and Stefan, but their opinions differed about what exactly it was:

Yeah it was clear by now (if it wasn't already) that Caroline <3s Stefan SO MUCH. Meanwhile Damon was no dummy and was pretty sure that Stefan and Elena were not secretly making out, they were probably conspiring about Enzo or whatever. Damon might not be able to tell Katherine or Elena apart, but he's not a TOTAL dummy.

So then Tyler chained himself up and told his bros to torture the Traveler inside of him to get all the scoops.

Matt and Jeremy were BOUT IT. Bonnie sat in the other room pouting about it, but whatever. This was not her business, it was bro-siness.

Oh man, how sad was it that Luke had to sit outside on the porch all night doing magic by himself while all the other people were inside having fun? What gay guy can't relate to this? A poignant metaphor indeed.

"Skull and crossbones."

Nevermind, to be honest the game did not seem very fun and Luke was probably better off. For example, look how much shade was being thrown at Elena during her turn:

But come on, she was kinda bringing it on herself:

To her credit, Caroline was hiding her contempt VERY well:

At this point Damon and Caroline forced Elena and Stefan to play "Never Have I Ever" mostly as a tactic to get them to admit they were either hooking up or had murdered Enzo. They both denied both things and then Elena ran upstairs to do a quick riff on Lady MacBeth.

I loved loved loved when Enzo turned into a horror villain all of the sudden by appearing in the mirror behind her, but then I laughed when it became clear he was standing in the shower. Guy, you are invisible, don't worry about hiding in the shower. Anyway, then Elena tried to take a nap in the bathtub and then this happened:

It was actually very scary! I love when this show goes full-on horror, and this was a good example of that. But it also stressed me out to see how much water Elena kicked out of the bathtub and onto those wood floors. That could really damage the hardwood!

At this point she just straight-up came clean about Enzo. And meanwhile Stefan accidentally spilled the beans in front of Caroline, so now everybody knew. The joke was that both Damon and Caroline were more bummed about being left out of the loop than they were mad about the murder. So again, one more example of keeping secrets being a majorly bad idea.

Meanwhile Luke disappeared!

Which meant that they were no longer protected by magic!

Whoops. Guys, run. RUN.

Or, you know, talk about your feelings in the woods.

At this point Caroline VERY HEAVILY implied to Elena that she was jealous of her relationship with Stefan, but of course Elena was 100% oblivious and Caroline dropped it. Besties 4 eva!

Meanwhile Jeremy and Bonnie decided to find the real body of the dude who was inside Tyler, I guess because they could slap him awake and Tyler would be Tyler again? I don't know.

And guess what? All the Travelers were asleep in that cave set that TVD hasn't been able to use since Season 4!

Unfortunately after spending too long looking at the Travelers' tattoos and also flirting, Jeremy and Bonnie got straight clowned by the one Traveler wife lady.

Then she scooped up her husband and took off. Better luck next time, guys.

Fortunately Stefan and Damon located Luke! Enzo had taken him and tied him up, but fortunately Luke's face and sweater were unharmed. But it was all a gasoline-soaked trap, because then Enzo did THIS:

And then he started staking everybody!

Even though there was no real communication possible between them, only log stabbings, Damon did some quick thinking and promised Enzo's ghost that he could resurrect him.

It was a fair promise because as Damon pointed out, several characters had returned from the dead over the years, so this was very feasible. Also we are savvy about storytelling and we know that the crumbling Other Side will result in resurrections, no duh. Anyway, Enzo was sold and he allowed the bros to escape the burning barn. Phew!

Then there was a scene between Stefan and Luke that basically had a hidden subtitle that said 'PLEASE SHIP THESE TWO' because it was so cute. Like, sorry, when you're 170+ years old, you are bicurious at the very least. Stefan and Luke are endgame, get used to it!

Anyways, then Stefan kinda-sorta started apologizing to Damon for murdering Enzo and keeping it a secret, so Damon punched him in the nose and then said he was over it.

Meanwhile Tyler was having memory flashbacks of someone else's memories! It could only mean one thing:

He'd been perma-Traveler'd! Just like Elena had with Katherine. So, uh, okay. Tyler is now more of a jerk than usual. What's next?

This was a cute scene: Caroline was staring at the burning barn and Stefan came over to also stare at the burning barn and they both talked around the obvious:

He'd lied to her about Enzo because he didn't want her to think badly of him. That was honestly the only excuse worth a dang, and she knew it, and it totally worked. But unless he's a dunce he's got to know she's totally crushin' on him right? I think he knows. And it sorta seems like he's into it too. I truly don't know how I feel about these two becoming a thing, but I just hope it keeps going super slow like this. EARN IT, show. (Good job so far.)

And then this happened. Backslide City!

YUP. Damon and Elena kissed because it was the only way they could sort out their feelings. Then the Travelers showed up and grabbed Elena. One doppelganger down! Guys, do I need to talk more about that Delena kiss? (Or the fact that Caroline actually used the word "Stelena" at one point?) I don't feel like it. The love triangle will be the death of this season. But you know what is redeeming it? The horror, the suspense, LUKE. Things like that. I feel like maybe more could have happened in this episode considering there are only two left of the season, but I was never bored. The horror movie elements were terrific (seriously, put teens out in the dark woods and I'm happy) and I'm still pretty interested in the villains, so that's a good sign. But man oh man, do i want to take a nap during the romance scenes. My heart is trash and should be fought over by seagulls, I know this, but I'm just being honest. Anyway, next week Liv tries to murder everybody, so there's no way I won't love that. MEET ME THEN!

BYE

QUESTIONS

... Does Elena seem very good at charades?

... Was Caroline sadder about her crush or being in her dead dad's house?

... How often does Jasmine Guy creep on Bonnie and Jeremy's sexy times?

... What is Luke and Stefan's shipper name?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 12/2/2016

Season 8 : Episode 6

Next Episode

AIRS ON 12/9/2016

Season 8 : Episode 7

466 Comments
Comments (397)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
... Does Elena seem very good at charades? No. Just... No.
... Was Caroline sadder about her crush or being in her dead dad's house? Probably her crush. I dunno which crush. She has so many love interests. Basically, I wish one of the Salvatores will have a relationship with someone who isn't Elena (not like Caroline and Damon's previous relationship, PLEASE), but Klaroline is still my one true love.
... How often does Jasmine Guy creep on Bonnie and Jeremy's sexy times? She's watching you, Bonnie. And making a disapproving face.
... What is Luke and Stefan's shipper name? Ste-luke? Lutefan? Stuke? Lufan?
Flag
No, Elena is not good a charades, nor keeping secrets.

The crush or maybe she wanted to know where Luke got his sweater. He told her he got the last one.

Every chance she gets. Grams needs love too.

Stuke or Lufan.

Damon smelled gasoline in the barn. Luke is tied up. Why did Stefan not just tear the ropes and then vamp speed out the door or make a new door? He is a vampire. He piddled around trying to untie him when he could have just ripped the ropes to shreds. Gas + wood = fire which = vamp s'mores. Hurry the hell up.

Caroline can keep a secret about as well as Elena so no wonder they did not tell her. Don't take it so hard, we still love you.

Liv or Luke should be able to banish Julian, or do we really want that? Julian might make Tyler more interesting. Maybe Ty should have stayed in NOLA.

Rule 1 of the scooby gang. When bad guys are closing in, NEVER EVER SPLIT UP. Remember the buddy system. Don't wear a red shirt and Don't have sex. Don't check the fuse box in the basement either.

More+
Flag
I feel like that Never have I ever game could have been much more interesting if they had have played it out ;) Although Caroline wasn't playing by the rules. Before she added the today bit, she totally would have had to drink to her own question about making out with a Salvatore brother, back when she was Damon's part time chew toy. I know it's the end of the season and officially plot danger time, but one day I would love them to take that idea seriously and have the whole cast sit down for a game
Flag
Frankly, I'm seriously bored with Elena and Stefan being the focus of every plot. It leaves the other characters with no real lives of their own. No real drama of their own. I'm more interested in what's going on with Damon and Enzo and Tyler than Stefan and Elena being kidnapped. Whatever. I'd rather ship Damen. Oh, that's not a misspelling. that's Damon and Enzo. It could also be Emon or Enon or Denzo. But I like the other one better. I don't like Bonnie being this boring. She was more interesting when she was the main witch. Now we have this other boring chick with her snobby ass face and stank ass attitude stealing all of Bonnie's witchy glory. F that bitch, man. F her and her useless boring twin brother.
Flag
As a side note, can all the rabid Delena and Stelana fans learn how to correctly spell people's names?

I am sick to death of seeing posts about 'Demon', 'Stephan', 'Stephen', 'Stefen', 'Stevan', 'Demen', 'Daman', 'Damien', etc.

If you people are shipping them like some tween Twilight fan, at least learn how to spell the friggin' names.

It's STEFAN and DAMON.
Flag
Am I the only one who thought "Stop! Yammer time!" when Markos realised that he knew where the doppelgangers were located.

Side note: Could these characters be any more relaxed about their impending doom? Or are they just secretly stoned?
Flag
You really have to keep up wit this series...as in one episode so much happens. So Enzo is back and pissed. Damon now knows what really happened,
Tyler is now Julian for good.
Caroline has misread people again.
Bonnie is still wying and not telling her boo that she will be gone soon...finally...
The travellers found Elena...finally...
Flag
This season has had many ups and downs but strangely enough Matt has been a good character this season. He has been useful and badass too. When he tortured the traveller I was really feelin it! On another note Jeremy has been useless! Where did all his hunter badass go!!!!! I loved the opening with Tyler breaking out if his chains! He should be able to break out of chains and all of our heroes should on this show!!! This season seems to have forgotten our characters have super powers!!!! Thats why the Originals is sooo good b/c they are always using them and kicking ass!! Wake up Vamp Diaries!!! When Matt the only HUMAN on the show is the most badass there is a prob!!!
Flag
"Stuke" - Nah, they seem to be gung ho to make Staroline a thing so, sorry Price. And yes, she was totally sadder about her crush.

I've been a Delena fan for a while but that ending scene was just ridiculous. You guys are supposed to be running for your lives and you stop and have this long drawn out conversation and Elena was yet again acting like an idiot. *sigh* and um, vampire hearing, you didn't hear the yammering outside Damon?? Come on!

I'm all for Tyler being totally taken over if they give him a likeable personality! It was heartbreaking when Fred was taken over by an old god in Angel but we even grew to like the old god Fred. It'll be easier to like this traveler Tyler.

I'm over the Bonnie death threat. It was sad enough seeing how the new witch in town makes Bonnie's former magic seem even lamer than ever - now she's even more useless. Frankly her and Jeremy have zero chemistry anyway. Her character is such a waste of space:-( I wish she could have kept her magic and crossed over to The Originals where the magic is handled better. Ah well.
More+
Flag
-"Was Caroline sadder about her crush or being in her dead dad's house?" Of the two she seemed sadder about Enzo, but honestly, the thing that seemed to upset her the most this episode was Stephen lying to her.

-As far as Steroline goes, I agree totally that Caroline was acting super jealous this episode, but before this one I could never decide if they were going to go there or if they were just besties. My brain has been programmed to see romantic cues and love triangles due to all the books, movies, and TV I consume, but what throws me off every time when talking about Steroline is Lexie, Stephan's bestie for at least a century. Caroline has reminded me of Lexie ever since she started helping Stephan with his "problems" and as far as we know Lexie and Stephan never had a thing. All that being said, now that Klaroline is not a current possibility, Steroline is super cute and gets Stephan out of Delena's way. I'm all for it.
Flag
yep, that's why Caroline is my fav right now, and considering her screen time, that should tell about other poor characters in the show, except Matt.

Wait, that's weird. That means Blondes rule in this show :D Omg, Rebekah was too !
Flag
I agree with you. I loved the idea that Caroline and Stefan were besties like Stefan and Lexi. And I've never picked up that vibe from them. Even when they were lying in the car, you could tell that the show was trying to make you think more, but to me it was more like two really good friends that were totally comfortable around each other. Much like Elena and Stefan after the flash backs. It's something more interesting than just a crush. I'm over everyone having to be paired up, and Caroline and Stefan have a great friendship. I don't like to see that ruined.
Flag
Same here! I REALLY don't want that friendship ruined by relationship drama. I always saw Caroline as Stefan's new Lexi. I hope the show keeps it that way.
Flag
Luke + Stefan = Lukan
Flag
There was a time when TVD burned through story lines. The last episode had a lot happen. This week, only one significant thing happened: the Travelers have Elena. In the end, Damon doesn't really care much about Stephan's role in Enzo's death and their relationship still seems intact, Elena is still using Stefan as a sounding board for her relationship with Damon, Bonnie is still keeping a secret, Damon and Elena are still making out and breaking up, Tyler is still possessed, Enzo is still dead, the other side is still crumbling, Caroline is still crushing on Stefan, and with only a few episodes left our heroes STILL have no idea how to fix everything. This is the second episode recently that was just as boring and pointless. This close to the end, I expect the show to start making serious leaps and jumps!

I swear, I may have to shoot somebody if we have one more whinny scene between Damon and Elena. I hate that shit. How many times do we have to go over this?
Flag
Well technically Enzo JUST died so the fact the he is "still dead" isn't that big a deal. I'm just glad they didn't drag out the whole, "Damon not knowing Stefan killed Enzo" thing any longer. Though it does piss me off that back when they used to burn through stories, they burned through some good ones. Mikael for instance. But at least they are rectifying that over on the Originals.
Flag
It just dawned on me, that I spend more time complaining about this show than actually enjoying it. That's my cue to jump ship.
Flag
Enzo wanted to die, now he wants to come back ? make up your minds writers !
Why isnt Rick showing up? He might make watching the show worthwhile a lot more.
Flag
Anything about Damon/Elena/Stefan on the screen is usually when I'm yawning as well. It's played out and repetitive and I never had a stake it in anyway. They might as well just agree to share her at this point.

Stefan+ Caroline. I actually like this idea. I'm not much of a "shipper" but their scenes are actually intriguing and they have chemistry. But I agree about letting it play out slow, that's when romance works on tv..when it feels organic to the story and not forced.

But for the season's plot, the Traveler's wanting to erase Supernatural beings from existence starting with The Other Side...yawn. This is a show about Supernatural beings..we know it wont happen. If their only plan was to life their own curse so that maybe they could be a viable threat in the future..perhaps. This is just convoluted.

Oh and what pissed me off the most: Not one mention of the fact that Stefan DID NOT kill Enzo, he killed himself via Stefan's fist. Oh and another thing, not one mention of the fact that Damon ALSO killed Stefan's best friend, Lexie. So...you're even. This show sometimes..but I'll continue to watch cuz I'm addicted like that.
More+
Flag
Oh and what pissed me off the most: Not one mention of the fact that Stefan DID NOT kill Enzo, he killed himself via Stefan's fist.

I also don't understand why Stefan does not describe what really happened, that it was Enzo's decision to kill himself.

The Traveler's curse is too ill-defined to understand. The curse is... they can't live in the same location? But they are always in the same location, albeit crappy locations. So is the curse they can't live in actual homes in the same location? But the abandoned (and btw rent-free) places are okay? Maybe the curse is they are prevented from paying to live near one another?

And how far does it extend, you know, how far apart do they have to be before the curse is activated? It just doesn't seem like that big a deal. So what if they lived in different towns? They could keep in touch online and get together to chant in abandoned buildings whenever they want.

Flag
The slow build of Stefan and Caroline reminds me of Scott and Kira on Teen Wolf. This feels like an organic pace that I can get behind.
Flag
lol Even Caroline looked like "Gettin' real tired of your shit, Elena."... XD

Hmmm, shipper names... How about 'Lufan' or 'Steke'?
Flag
Oh no! Elena is in danger again! This time I'm really worried! What is going to happen ? Do you think she will be ok ?
It's funny how "Delena" is the pairing favoured by the writers but once in a while they throw a bone to "Stelena" fans to keep them happy.
I'm glad the season is almost over, it's been almost a complete disaster.
I think this show can still be redeemed in the next season but it needs a new showrunner and new writers, if there is one good thing this season had (besides Katherine ^^) is that it showed us that J. Plec and C. Dries can't handle it, their personal feelings for cast members and fictional characters have ruined the last two seasons and many characters too. C. Dries needs to leave the show a go write her fanfiction some where else.
Flag
"Oh no! Elena is in danger again! This time I'm really worried! What is going to happen ? Do you think she will be ok ?" LOL, I don't know the suspense is killing me too. Yawn... ;)!
Flag
I don´t watch this show anymore (after The Originals left) but I always wonder - how on earth could fans know about personal relationships between writers and actors? You really think that Plec would write for example Delena because of her own desires and not because most of fan like Delena better? I really doubt that.
Flag
They are now teasing about Damon & Bonnie, Stefan & Caroline, Elena & Matt pairing in the final season. Haha, it made me laugh how desperate/clueless these writers are. The whole show has no theme, just a bunch of people/witches/vamps all hooking up in turns in middle of danger and murders. Once this series ends next year, people won't want to rewatch any of the season anymore, it's a giant JOKE

Flag
If Damon ends up on the other side with Bonnie and they spend a whole season over there romancing each other....I am done. Bleh!
Flag
and at what point are they "teasing" Damon & Bonnie & Elena & Matt? they havent even had ANY scenes together
Flag
go read some of the interviews and spoilers and panels, that's where they are heading
Flag
I found absolutely nothing interesting or entertaining about this episode. All of the characters continue to do stupid things and even though they are being hunted by Markos and the Travelers and the Otherside is falling apart NO ONE acts in any kind of urgency. STOP with the back and forth between Damon and Elena - either put them together and see if they work or leave them apart because right now they are both completely pathetic and tired. Caroline was an annoying, jealous idiot, and if the writers decide to hook her and Stefan up they will be making a HUGE mistake because their FRIENDSHIP is what makes that relationship so great. Bonnie and Jeremy both continue to be a waste of space and just proves that their deaths last season should have stuck - please let the both of them die at the end of this season so we can be rid of them for good. These are two characters who have brought absolutely NOTHING to the table this season - Bonnie is used only when the other more important characters need help with something and Jeremy just seems to be around to show off his pecs. Kill the both of them. Bonnie (Kat Graham) deserves better. Enzo committed suicide last week and now he wants to be brought back - whatever. Damon is mad at Stefan for killing his best friend, when he killed Stefan's best friend, Lexie back in season 1 - whatever. Elena is in danger AGAIN - whatever (why the hell did the writers of this show make her a vampire if she was going to continue to be a damsel in distress?). I watch this show out of habit more than enjoyment nowadays which is sad because this used to be such a good show, but I am soooo over it. The writing over the next two episodes better be good, because I do not have high hopes right now about season 6. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER SHOWRUNNERS!
More+
Flag
Amen to everything you said!
Flag
I feel like Vampire Diaries has been sliding into the toilet recently. I keep coming to it open to be being pleasantly surprised, but end up disappointed.

Bonnie and Jeremy -- there just isn't any fire - notice the body language -- it's like they've been married for ten years and are listening for cries on the baby monitor -- Bonnie even has a hand out separating Jeremy's body from hers when they are kissing in bed. And Bonnie always looks so unhappy or annoyed. Always.

Caroline: I hadn't noticed her crushing on Stefan. Thought is was just her usual nosey nature and preoccupation with relationships. You may be right that she's smitten but I can't bring myself to care. It's sloppy seconds for both of them, anyway.

Delena: I really don't know what they are doing and once again, no longer care.

Marcos and the Travellers: The premise of this plotline seems really flimsy and it's boring enough that I haven't made an effort to fully understand it.

Tyler: Actually don't care much whether he gets Julian out of his body.

The only character I care much for right now is Matt and he's just along for the ride.

When I compare Vampire Diaries now to The Originals, that is just such a better show. I'm not sure how much longer Vampire Diaries will remain weekly must see viewing for me.

So disappointed.
More+
Flag
I'm confused!!!

No, really, I don't understand anything about the travellers or Luke and his witching. And I don't even pretend I follow Bonnie's storyline. I have no idea why I still watch this show.
Maybe because of recaps!
Flag
Everything seemed forced and ridiculous. The whole keeping Enzo's death a secret, I didn't get. Wasn't this the same Enzo that tried to kill Elena and Stefan; he more than earned his death. Why wouldn't Damon understand that? Love Caroline, but she was acting like a jealous middle school girl. And sorry, I'm just not seeing the fascination of the double mint twins' magic. Since Julian has taken over Tyler's body (supposedly permanently) is Tyler going to the other side? Next week eppy, Elena in peril again, just what I wanted *rolleyes*.
Flag
What happened to Damon? He used to be the most fun character around. Now all he does is whine, complain and look like he's about to swoon every time he sees Elena. Like why? She's not all that. Also, didn't you break up with her because you were bad for each other? At least five times? Or did I get that confused with all the times she broke up with you because you were bad for each other? Like a bazillion times? Can't we just admit that Elena doesn't work with either Salvatore anymore and move on from this triangle?
Flag
Does Nina Dobrev seem pregnant, or is my "knocked-up" radar broken?
Her face is sort of puffy and they keep making her wear coats and baggy sweaters.
Flag
Maybe she's just gained some weight. That happened with Claire Holt as well - in Season 4 of TVD people thought she looked pregnant (and the same thing happened on TO). I think Paul Wesley also gained some weight as well because his face also looks more puffy than it used to.
Flag
I thought Claire Holt left the show because of pregnancy
Flag
She doesn't appear to be pregnant. Claire was the last cast member to sign on for the show (they signed Pheobe first because they intended for the show to revolve around her apparanly, then they added Joseph & Daniel, and eventually Rebekah). It was up in the air back in Season 4 if Rebekah was even going to be on the show at all which is why she didn't go to NOLA in the backdoor pilot but stayed in Mystic Falls. Claire decided to do the show but she didn't sign up for the full season so the writers knew from the beginning she would be gone before the season was done which is probably why Rebekah didn't have much of a storyline on the show.
Flag
Wait WHAT? They never intended the show to star Hayley-I mean, she was always going to be the baby mama-but Joseph was always intended to be the star. Even back in season 3 they were thinking about an Originals spin off.
Flag
Wesley admitted to it, it's why he added a "no shirtless" clause
Flag
The other issue is the writers are now trying to write for the fans, which does not work.

It was apparent from S1 that Damon and Elena were end game, but now the writers have her vacillate between the brothers to keep the Stelena fans happy.

Caroline and Klaus hooking up made ZERO sense, except to keep those shippers happy.

Katherine started the show saying she loved both brothers equally, then suddenly, it was how she had always loved Stefan more (which then nullified EVERYTHING she had done with Damon in the past) - again, to keep shippers happy...in fact the entire Katherine-arc this season made no sense, except that there was a small group of fans just fawning every time she came on screen, despite the fact that nothing she did made a lick of sense.

Stefan and Caroline will be another let's-do-this-to-keep-the-fans-happy thing.

Can the writers please get their shit together and just write the story, instead of paying obeisance to every fan out there?

Flag
Speaking of Delena end game concept, if you still haven't noticed, it is the cause of the downfall of this series and possibly the downfall for some actors
Flag
The downfall of the series has been poor writing, an over-indulgence of the Originals, and a series of poor villains in the form of Silas, Quetsiya etc.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Flag
Flag
Flag
Stefan and Caroline don't have that "much" fan's tho...i mean Stelena and Klaroline fan's hate them...and IDK lol
Flag
What really annoyed me about this episode was the fact that no one seemed in a rush despite the dangers they faced throughout the episode, I mean Bonnie and Jeremy were trying to find Julian's body yet they stop for a couple of minutes to talk about their relationship. Then there's the barn scene, I mean seriously you see gasoline but don't react until the light has been ripped from the rafters like really? For me the thing that really got on my nerves was the way vampire hearing and strength seemed to be almost non existent in this episode, like Damon can hear Elena call his name in a fairly low voice while trying not to get pushed under yet he can't hear the travellers fairly loud yammering or Elena yell in pain when he's only a few feet away. I swear Jeremy's hunter skills have only been brought up for plot convenience since I have yet to see him use them for the last few episodes. Tbh on the only bit of the episode I really liked was the scene where Matt and Jeremy were torturing the traveller inside Tyler's body, although, I could've done without Bonnie acting squeamish beforehand since they've seen worse than what they were doing over the years. I really hope they find a way to get rid of Jeremy since he really doesn't provide much of anything except a forced plot of still being a hunter. I know it's probably never gonna happened but it would be awesome if they just killed Elena and the writers tried to do something other than a love triangle all the time. Sorry for being negative I just had to get all of this off of my chest.
More+
Flag
In Season 6, if I were Tyler's would-be ghost, I would haunt the hell out of Bonnie and Jeremy. Their (yet again) incompetence is the reason why he'll be dead.

Flag
LOL

I doubt Tyler would die. They got rid of Katherine in Elena, they'll get rid of Jullian too.
Flag
But for Katherine, they had the knife. Now, they are sans knife and sans any competent witches.
Flag
Just like they didn't have any white oak stakes to kill the originals.
"Poof" it turns out the new bridge in town was made from white oak.

The writers will pull something out of their backside at the last minute.
Flag
TVD quality keeps getting worse and worse, which is perhaps why Price's recaps are getting likewise duller.

They should have never killed Enzo.

Also, at least by virtue of being a hybrid, Tyler was defacto more interesting than Bonnie, Jeremy and Matt combined. Making his permanent departure at the end of the season is bad planning, once AGAIN. How about they kill Bonnie for good instead? Or Matt?

These writers. Just. UGH.

Flag
Tyler hasn't departed anymore than Elena did. They'll either find another knife to kick Jullian out or come up with some other loop hole nonsense to get rid of him.
Flag
Uggh, I so don't care about this plotline. It's like treading water. If we can all see what's going to happen, then they shouldn't bother doing it. The writers need to pull out something completely unexpected at this point and the series probably needs a reboot with some significant characters dying or permanent change of scene.
Flag
Probably a loophole nonsense, but the writers have said that there will 'several major character deaths', so I assume that is Enzo + Tyler.
Flag
The problem is the term "major character death" is ambiguious

Does it mean death of a major character, or a major death of a character?

If it's the second then you can count Aaron, Jesse, Nadia and Wes to that list all of which had plenty of screen time before they died.
Surely they all had give or take close to Enzo in screen time.

Either way, you forgot to mention Katherine.

So it might be the season had its death toll already.

While Tyler is clearly the most disliked character on this show (based on the comments here), I still doubt they'll ever kill him for good as long as he keeps his abs in check.
Flag
OH...

Didnt know that

I'd still wager such a death would either:
1) Not be permenant
2) Depends soley on actors deciding to leave
3) Assuming not #1 or #2, it will most likely be the person the fan girls think is the least attractive
Flag
I should have specified - they major death before the season finale...
Flag
TVD writers don't seem to understand that on TV, two identical characters in a relationship is very boring. Thus, goody-two-shoes 1 Elena with goody-two-shoes 2 Stefan are/were boring. Dull-as-ditch-water Bonnie and dull-as-ditch-water Jeremy together are boring. Holier-than-thou Caroline and holier-than-thou Stefan will be SUPER boring to watch. Ugh.

Either change their personalities, or please, stop pairing up the worst combination of characters as couples.
Flag
I guess you support "nothing-make-sense" Dullena?
Flag
I support any pairing that does not put me to sleep.
Flag
At this point I'm completely over Elena's pairings with either Salvatore brother. The back and forth has gotten old - as have the epic romance and destined to be together concepts.

The problem is that the writers up until now haven't given Elena another purpose -- there was protecting Jeremy, but at this point he clearly doesn't need her protection and has voiced that several times.

So, other than sleeping with one or the other of the Salvatore's what's a writer to do with Elena??
Flag
At first, I didn't find Markos to be a very compelling villain, but this episode he actually came off as threatening. And I think he is going to work out just fine. See the big problem with Klaus was that I always LIKED him. no matter how evil he was or who he was murdering. Markos is like Klaus minus the charisma. and sometimes, you need a villain you love to hate. (Klaus, on the other hand, is a villain that I love to LOVE.)
Flag
If the show's problems were only who the Big Bad is, that would be great, but there are so many other things that need to be fixed about what's been going on this season.
Flag
I agree with you- but I still think think this is the only season that could truly be called "BAD" so far. And I'm still enjoying it. It will never be as outlandishly stupid as "Once Upon a Time"-and that is a testament, to how much I hate Once Upon a Time.
Flag
I don't watch Once Upon a Time, so I can't say. I'm not sure how much I'm enjoying the show still. I know I keep hoping for better and being disappointed and all of the things that everyone is pointing out definitely detract from me enjoying it more.
Flag
I don't give a f*** what anyone says. But back in S1-3 Stefan and Elena's relationship used to make me feel things on an emotional level. I believed that those two were truly IN LOVE and would do anything for eachother.

Whereas, Damon and Elena just make me feel like throwing up. I don't care that the actors used to be a couple, they have no chemistry on screen. And their relationship was never earned. Elena fell in love with him because of a sire bond that she couldn't control. And now, all this time later, Damon & Elena's relationship is still toxic. And not even in a "Twilight" way. Actually you know that term "still a better love story then Twilight"? I'd like to coin a new term:
"Still a better love story then Delena".

Go go ahead, use it. It can be applied to ANY love story ever. No matter how awful or ridiculous it's "still better then DE". Yes, even Twilight! Edward & Bella are epic when compared to Damon & Elena. At least Edward never killed Bella's friends & family.

Call me a shipper if you have to. I'm just being real.
More+
Flag
I liked the relationship between Stefan and Elena in the early seasons too. But S3 and S4 were all about Damon and Elena and I could feel that too, especially in the hotel. I think both couples work. But I don't think Elena as a vamp works with either. Human Elena could have gone either way but was ultimately doomed. Now she's a vamp, I think she needs someone new. She doesn't need protecting so much anymore and she's much less naive and is willing to do things human Elena never would. So she's basically become a different person, and the show has failed to reflect that in the pairings. Caroline started with Matt as a human and then went with Tyler and later Klaus as a vamp and that made sense. Being Supernatural changes them and they need to grow. Sticking them with the same partners as before is limiting. I know Elena was technically a vamp when she got with Damon, but that relationship was off the ground long before that. Elena is immortal now and it seems ridiculous to keep bouncing her off the same two guys forever.
Flag
Yeah, you see I did feel some chemistry or should I say "longing looks" between her and Damon (especially from Damon - he was after her like a bloodhound) during S2 & 3. But it always annoyed me because Damon was essentially trying to constantly steal his brothers girlfriend. I mean, HIS BROTHERS! That's a sacred code and you do not go there! Even if Stefan & Damon were friends, it would've been a shitty thing to do on Damon & eventually Elena's part too.

And the fact that Elena eventually gave into Damon's relentless stalking makes her look pretty bad. I get that people can fall in love with someone else while in a relationship. However, your boyfriends family members should be off limits. And if you really can't control yourself then at least stick to one brother. So if she decided she loves Damon - she should never ever make advancements towards Stefan or lead him on ever again. But no, she bounces back and forth between them and gets insanely jealous if Stefan starts moving on or if he shows interest towards another girl. And then she goes and starts seducing him (like when he had amnesia) and as soon as he starts having feelings for her again, she scoots off towards Damon. That has made me lose a lot of respect for her. And don't even get me started on the sire bond! Damon was disgusting for not being able to recognise how fucked up it was for him to sleep with her when she had no control over her thoughts. It's almost rape territory. Yuck!
More +
Flag
Elena fell in love with him because of a sire bond that she couldn't control
Actually no, it's way way waaaaaaaaaaaaay dumber than that.
Elena said she'd be in love with the first one she met. Meaning that basically Damon just got lucky and met her first.

yes, that was the actual reason she said.
Flag
LOL. Yeah, that was a nice steaming retcon on the writers part.

WRITER #1: "So, what are we gonna do? We gotta get Damon & Elena together because those Delena shippers are sending my family death threats."

WRITER #2: "Yeah they've kidnapped my kids."

WRITER #3: "Well, how about this? Damon is a compulsive compeller right? What if we get Elena to chose who she loves based on who she met first...and it turns out to be Damon but he compelled her!? Or something like that?"

WRITER #4: "Yeah, yeah. And then because we're vamping her, she also gets extra confused or something....." *snorts a line of coke*
"I'VE GOT IT! How about SIRE BOND!!!???"

JULIE PLEC: "Writer 1 & 2 quit your moaning! Writers 3 & 4 THAT'S IT! That's what we're going with. I love Damon, he's like a Cadbury Cream Egg - hard on the outside but soft & gooey on the inside. Now WRITE ME A SCRIPT!!! Oh and writers 1 & 2? If you wanna keep your jobs, go buy me some Cadbury Cream Eggs! NOW!"
Flag
S1 Damon -hellooooooooo, WHAT TO LOVE even if she met him first? Really, after 5 season, I still don't understand how someone can fell in love with this creature Damon Salvatore! Take away his murderous action and destructive temperament, his crappy personality and low moral standard will surely turn off decent women!
Flag
And you're assuming Elena is a decent woman?
Flag
Elena never said that. She said things would have been differently if Damon had met her first which is true but she doesn't remember. She may have met Damon first but Elena fell in love with Stefan first. Regardless of who met whom.
Flag
I totally agree with you on those reasons... Especially #2

That was point on how stupid it was.
Flag
She does remember - after she got vamped her memories of compulsion came back. In fact she flat out said that to Damon.

And right after they became a couple.

Connecting the dots here isn't that difficult.
Flag
Easy, bad writing and really, really poor planning.
Flag
When she said things would be different she didn't know that she met Damon first- that's what I meant.

And so what if she met Damon first. Is that a good enough reason for them to be a couple? Even when she remembered what he compelled her to forget, she told Stefan he was the best choice she had ever made and flat out told him she wanted to be with him forever.
Seven episodes later and Elena sleeps with Damon. Personally I don't believe the love Elena has for Stefan could die that quickly.

I think there are either two reasons: 1.) Sirebond or 2.) Bad writing
Flag
Steluka!
Flag
Lufan, Steke, Stuke, Lefan :D
Flag
Like Lefan the best.Good job pjt:)
Flag
I forgot to mention that I fear Stefan will join the other side by the end of the season....(would at least make next season more interesting.)
Flag
If Luke’s spell hadn’t broken and the travelers hadn’t found them, how long were they planning on staying at that cabin? I mean, what was the plan? A lifetime of charades?

Most of this has already been said…but I still gotta say what else bugged the bejeezus out of me:

1. Enzo just died on purpose and suddenly now coming back to life is incentive for not taking revenge….I thought he died to do just that? Revenge! *confused*

2. Why does Julian even want to permanently be in Tyler’s body? As soon as all the travelers drink the doppelgänger potion, he’ll be dead.

I really still don’t get the difference between being a traveler in your own body vs someone else’s. Why wouldn’t the witches curse still work? They are, in spirit, still travelers.

And why were so many of them willing to die by fire for their “cause”. I’d've just said 'screw it, we don’t have to live together' and go live out my traveler days amongst the humans.

3. What’s with Stefan spending 10 minutes trying to untie Luke instead of ripping the table apart and super speeding out?

4. I already thought Elena unpacking was bizarre…but then all the time spent packing! Sheesh….who does this on the run???

5. I don’t care who Stefan is with, so long as it’s not Elena. He deserves better. (I don’t mind Caroline, but she’s kinda been with everyone…)
More+
Flag
Yes, the packing thing at the end really irritated me. Not only are they on the run, but they are vampires and can compel people to get whatever possessions they want -- plus if something is of sentimental value, it's not like they were saying goodbye to Caroline's Dad's cabin forever (though I didn't get why no one tried to put out the fire in the woodshed) -- just leave the stuff there for now and come back for it later.
Flag
I don't think Julian wanted permanent control of Tyler - I think he told Bonnie & Jeremy to collect his body so that wouldn't happen as he knew what Markos was going to chose to do.
Flag
And yet he was smirking at the end when he told them "you didn't find my body" ? IDGI....but okay.
Flag
Let's just call it what it is, poor writing and directing.
Flag
Not a life time, but at least until they can get out of Jullian where Markos is and go kick his butt. That's what I'm assuming.

1) He changed his mind maybe? Yeah, it's stupid.

2) DUH... That is why he DOESN'T want to be in Tyler's body. The travlers did it behind his back, remember? In fact the told Jeremy and Matt so that they would stop them.

The curse is probably on their body, not their spirit.

And why they are willing to commit suicide? You might as well ask about the 911 bombers...

3) Because this show has terrible writers and they forget vampires have powers because it's not convinient

4) It wouldn't bother me if she had at least used her SUPER SPEED to do it. See #3

5) True that.

Flag
#3...yeah, I got all that, but he seemed happy about it at the end. He was smirking a bit when he said "I take it you didn't find my body."

That's what confused me.
Flag
I really wouldn't read too much into the smile/smirk. At this point, it's like the writing-directing team is asleep at the wheel.
Flag
I'm guessing it's more of a smirk of "You guys are useless aren't you?"
Flag
I actually DON'T think Elena was oblivious to Karoline's jealousy. I think she got it BIG TIME. And her very harsh sounding, "ARE YOU OVER IT!?" was basically her way of saying, "Don't even think about going there BITCH." She is territorial as hell, and as much as I am bored of the love triangle, I think the one thing that could make the romance part of the show interesting again is a Karoline Stefan thing that makes Elena MURDEROUSLY jealous , and brings out the worst in her. (I don't mean she should actually murder people, but she should at least really really want to) And I actually think it has taken the show waaay to long to get to this point. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of turned on by Elena's "are you over it?" moment. Maybe it's just my Archie comics fantasy of having two beautiful girls, one blonde and one brunette, fight over me. But COME ON!
The two guys one girl thing didn't just already happen with Damon and Stefan and Elena either, it happened with Klaus and Tyler and Karoline too! Hell, it even happened with Tyler and Matt and Karoline! This show has had two guys fighting over one girl for too long! Time to have two girls fighting over one guy for a change. Possibly mud could be involved.
More+
Flag
OMG hahaha... the last line!!! (&O;&)
Flag
1. Well she has got the Dumb part so well. So may be yeah.

2. You missed the metaphor Price. "IT WAS HER SHIP AND IT WAS BURNING" before her eyes. Her hassling of Elena in the forest made it clear so clear. Elena is territorial regarding any Salvatore brother even if she's not in a "coupled" relationship! The triangle has been turning into a Bermuda's and will suck logic out into mysterious oblivion and then nothing will be salvageable.

3. Don't forget that it was Bonnie doing the creep on her friends when she was a ghost. Ghost creeping seems like the "Ghostland courtesy" or "tradition" :P

4. I've written somewhere down but for archive's sake here are some options:
Luke-Stefan: Lufan, Lukan, Lustef, L'Efan, Lukest, Luste (OMG :P Haha) Lukefan (:P :P)
Stefan-Luke: Stuke, Steke, Sluke, Stu (Cute short), Fluke (ROFLMAO), Stefalu (Kinda like Nosferatu), Stef'luke (Kinda like Mamluk)
Flag
Lufan, duh. =P
Flag
The writers might be better writing for another how entirely. They miss so many important details and sometimes the plot is just beyond ridiculous
-Wtf is wrong with Caroline being jealous over elena and stefan , I thought she was done with relationships.
-How long does it really take for luke to do a damn cloak spell , like really I love you and all but get a move on.
-Aren't vampires supposed to have super strength , it takes stefan a good 5 minutes to free luke (????)
-WHAT'S WITH ALL THE CHIT CHAT , THE TRAVELLERS ARE ON THEIR WAY AND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT EMOTIONS AND TRUST. PRIORITIES SEEM TO BE OFF.
-Bonnie and Jeremy also seem to oblivious to the situation at hand and spend all their time making out come on people tyler needs help and the other side is getting crazy ???
Flag
As soon as they smelled gasoline they should have speeded Luke away from there - like Elijah with the mystery bomber at the werewolf camp or Hayley at the burning governor's mansion. I didn't get the waiting around and the attempts at untying him.

And I totally agree with the others who've posted about not having the vamps use their super hearing except during the bathtub scene.
Flag
1) You have any idea how many people say that in real life and then 5 minutes later jump into a relationship (or the sac) with someone?

2) Forever. It was the same spell they used to cloak Tom. Remember that witch was in a trance for months. It's a continual effect, as long as he is in a trance, the cloak is up.

3) They are also supposed to have super speed too... Oddly enough none of them bothered using it.

4) What's with all the chit chat? I believe the technical term is "terrible writers"?

5) See #4
Flag
Stuke.
Flag
Or "Lu'fan" may be? (As in Lupan!!) :P
Flag
Does Elena seem very good at charades?
She seems good, but she's obviously an obnoxious winner (that gif shows it all), and your right in saying that Caroline was basically being a top person by hiding her contempt so well. Also, to be fair, Caroline and Damon got the dud team. Of course Stefan and Elena are going to be better than them at charades, because they know each other better than Caroline and Damon do.

Was Caroline sadder about her crush or being in her dead dad's house?
Caroline was not at all sad about being in her dead Dad's house, in fact, she was making jokes about it! I was a little sad because it reminded me that it's unlikely Jack Coleman will return to the series, which is a shame because he's such a good genre actor. They definitely killed off his character too soon!

I love Caroline's crushing! I want so very badly for her and Stefan to get together, but I disagree that the series needs to continue taking it slow. I swear basically every time I've commented on the series in the last season and a half I've just been saying how much chemistry there is between the pair and how they need to get together stat. It's been long enough.

How often does Jasmine Guy creep on Bonnie and Jeremy's sexy times?
If I was a ghost all I would do is creep on people's sexy times, not just Bonnie and Jeremy's (as if you wouldn't?) Enzo was also doing an acceptable amount of creeping, watching Elena bathe is up there in creep points.

What is Luke and Stefan's shipper name?
Oh Price, you are going to be so sad when the series inevitably kills Luke off in the season final. Besides there are more important ships to be worrying about in Caroline and Stefan, Stefoline is the obvious choice. And here I was thinking you'd me more interested in Jeremy and Matt tying Tyler up...
More+
Flag
I'm also just watching the show out of habit now. I rewatched an episode from season 1 and it was one hundred percent better. Also, I also like Caroline and Stefan as just friends. Do you remember in season 1 when Elena's biological mom said "as long as you have a Salvatore on each arm, you're doomed" well, she picked up on that big time. #listentoyourmom
Flag
one of your best recaps ever. i couldn't stop laughing.
also, thank you for this "Then there was a scene between Stefan and Luke that basically had a hidden subtitle that said 'PLEASE SHIP THESE TWO' because it was so cute. Like, sorry, when you're 170+ years old, you are bicurious at the very least. Stefan and Luke are endgame, get used to it!"
I thought I was the only one feeling the potential there, luckily i wasn't.
I've been watching this season only out of habit to be honest. The whole delena thing makes me wanna set myself on fire. i can't stand them and i honestly don't understand what people love some much about them. Another no go foe me is steroline. i love them as friends and that's it. Any attempt at throwing them into a romantic plot would ruin their relationship.
The only two things that still keep making me come back for more eps every week are Luke and stefan's hair.
Flag
Not everyone is flexible - some people are firmly on one end of the spectrum or the other. That said, it is odd that this series and The Originals haven't explored sexuality more since in the supernatural world you'd think that those kinds of distinctions (and stigmas) would matter much less.
Flag
What Luke-Stefan scene are you talking about?
Flag
after stefan rescues luke. they're inside the cabin and they talk a little.
Flag
Ok, will rewatch.
Flag
UGH. Just . . . enough with Damon and Elena and their relationship already! Please! I just don't care!! If they break up? Fine! If they stay together? Fine! But please stop making me watch this god awful back and forth BS.

Thankfully, that awful kiss scene was only at the end of the episode. I actually liked this episode overall better than last week's. I'm just hoping they don't make Caroline and Stefan a thing now. I don't trust this show with guy/girl friendships.

Also, the scene at the very end? Oh dear, Elena's in trouble again! What a shocker. Wonder who's gonna go save her?
Flag
I thought a vampire freaking out about drowning was HILARIOUS.
Flag
It doesn't kill her but it still hurts like heck. Remember Stefan and the valut?
So she doesn't have PTSD for being trapped for months, but it still hurts.
Flag
Srsly, even as a vampire, Elena's needy.
Flag

CAN LUKE AND ENZO BE TOGETHER?
Flag
Lenzo? I'm shipping it :) !
Flag
So, Damon is able to hear Elena when she feebly calls "Damon" while she's being drowned but he can't hear her saying "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" when the Travelers are messing with her brain? He can't hear them yammering? WTF. I hate this show.
Flag
Well, I can always say that maybe they used some silence spell (LOL)

I was more confused about how the heck didn't they hear Enzo taking Luke.
Flag
Yo're applying "Logic" and that is blasphemy in this show. It is sacrilege to use logic to dissect the so called loopholes.
Flag
Nice episode I liked the scene when Damon was chucking ice at Luke I chuckled. I hope Enzo can come back but bring back kol while your there. The Caroline and Stefan scene by the wood shed was nice and it just worked, also I kinda felf really happy when Damon punched Stefan and was all like I'm over it bro so there. Damon handled the whole thing rather well although I was looking forward to seeing him play bowling with someone's head:).
Flag
I hate Enzo. The writers just didn't know what to do with him and Damon's feelings for him actually turned out not to run very deep. For me Damon's real best friend will always be Alaric.
Flag
I miss Alaric Damon hasn't truly formed anything like what they had they were more than just drinking buddies.
Flag
Kol is gonna be on Supernatural: Bloodlines unless CW decides to scrape the idea suddenly. They very recently had the backdoor pilot as an ep on Supernatural.
Flag
I know but I can dream.
Flag
I don't watch supernatural, but I saw a commercial for an episode that looked like it might have been the backdoor pilot. was it the one with the vampire mafia gang war in Chicago?-if that is so, then that premise, with the monster families is WAAY to similar to the Originals premise. Actually, originally they had thought about setting the Originals in Chicago. They should really come up with another idea for that spin-off.
Flag
Yes that was it. And everyone constantly (and rightfully) comapre it to the originals.
Flag
The ep was last tue. Yes its set in Chicago. Considering that Supernatural, Supernatural: Bloodlines, Vampire Diaries, The Originals are CW shows, it may not have been a surprise that Chicago was up for consideration originally. I do feel that Bloodlines has a vastly different storylines from TO, they had 5 monsters family after all, more to explore i guess and different different directions, and hopefully lesser love triangle. Anyways, the backdoor pilot sucks terribly so it may not work out very well.
Flag
I think the main issue with the love triangle is that if she ever really loved either of them she wouldn't flip flop between the two. If she loved Stefan, she would've never fallen for Damon. If she loved Damon, she would've started emphasizing free will verses fate with Damon a while ago. While I'm glad that technically this episode tried to give a resolve (with Elena pretty much only worried about Damon and steroline blooming), I know the writers will screw it up. They are worried so much about shippers that the couple that isn't together still needs to have romantic scenes, when doing that cheapens whatever couple is together. The writers have had years (since end of season 3) to learn viewers don't like it. At this point, the show is getting the ratings it deserves.
Flag
It is possible to love more than one person in life and more than one person at the same time (even if the people are very different from one another). So, I don't think your logic on that one holds. What's changed, I'd say, is that her incentive for choosing one over the other has gone down since they all live together in the same house and spend lots of time together and she and Damon up until recently were jumping in and out of bed regardless of the designation of their relationship.

I think the flip flopping (outside of annoying fans like me) will only begin to matter if Stefan or Damon or Elena get another love interest. Right now, none of them is lacking for companionship and they all clearly love one another deeply.
Flag
My issue isn't that she ever loved both of them. My issue is she goes back between the two which diminishes what relationship she has with the brother she is leaving. If she loved Stefan, she wouldn't go to Damon. If she oved Damon, she wouldn't go to Stefan. I agree you can have feelings for more than one person, but if you really truly LOVE someone, you don't act on those feelings.
Flag
You are absolutely right. That's exactly the problem they had with Katherine.

At first, Kathereine said that she loved both of them. But when they said that she thought Stefan was the one for her, it's like everything between her and Damon was erased.

It's absurd. If she loved him all along, why did she even bother making a move on Damon? And if he never really loved her that much - why did he wait 100+ years to release her from the tomb?
Flag
Exactly. This show has a twisted understanding of the idea of true love/fated love/pure love. Love triangles are digestible for only so long as much as it "seems" plausible. Now it is just rabid fan service. That too for selected few!

Casual/Average but Good fans with a wider view and care for story plot lines and character development would not be sticking with the stretching of boring triangle which has been stretched beyond it's allowed elasticity. Its rewind will be painful when it will break catastrophically.

Elena should have never fallen for "both" of them. I'm not sorry to say it but it is straight up whoring. Either that or the retarded need for having two men in her life is strong with her and any self respecting guy would sincerely back down. I would be surprised if there ever be a time when Damon and Stefan would share one body due to some misfired magic/curse and it would be creepy like hell but Elena will have her eyes shining like a pulsar and be OK with it *Shudder*!

I do hope writers stray away from triangle fast or it would be the stake of this show.
Flag
I can't believe I'm actually going to defend the show on this... but...

Elena should have never fallen for "both" of them. I'm not sorry to say it but it is straight up whoring.
It's not whoring because she didn't bang both of them at the same time. And if you're talking romantically, she never dated both at the same time either. She made it very clear that she picked one guy and only one guy and her reasoning was that they met first, so she's in a relationship with him and only him.

She never actually had anything with Damon until season 4.
What happened was that after she was vamped, she was both sired to Damon (which made her that much closer to him) and also she realized (and yes, it's stupid but oddly enough consistent) that she realized she actually met Damon first (yeah, logic for love... lol) so she changed her pick.

But she ended it with Stefan first. She never dated both at the same time.

Either that or the retarded need for having two men in her life is strong with her and any self respecting guy would sincerely back down.
Umm.. They both backed down. In the first seasons, Damon told Elena that he loved her but compelled her the next second to forget it and always kept his distance.
In season 3, both brothers flat out said if she picks one, the other will back off and leave and in fact both backed off at the time.
Stefan hardly made any moves once she picked Damon.

Despite people constantly complaining about the main triangle, it wasn't an issue past the s3 finale. Season 4 declared it Delena and it's been that way ever since. The only time Stefan and her got close was either in the travelers illusion or when Katherine jumped in.

In fact it seems the writers are pushing Stefan and Caroline together.

My main issue is that *every* couple on this show ends up being a triangle. It's as if there can't be anything else that would bother a romantic couple except the presence of a third lover.
More +
Flag
My bad for not stating clearly (frustration does that sometimes), I don't have issues with romantic pairing that withstand struggles. It's just that I'm frustrated with "writing" of the story-lines pertaining to "confused feelings" which linger more than they should. The Salvatore brothers have their stands and they seem consistent (romantically)... it's Elena who has tough time adjusting life without any one of them at one time. (Past episode have not delved into forced triangles so I should've written it more clearly but Elena and her clueless attitude annoys me so much). She's not quite over Stefan (it may be so that she has friend-zoned him but the direction and writing try to portray as her act of courting).
Flag
People have been having questions about the show-runners love life/morality/upbringing for quite a long time now. They'd better come clean with this by apologising to general viewers for giving in to fan pressure and admitting their HUGE MISTAKES
Flag
You know what's been bugging me? The fact that no one has thought to look outside Mystic Falls for a passenger killing dagger. You can't tell me there aren't any others out there in the world.. No one has even mentioned the daggers lately that I can recall..
Flag
One might say the same about how come Klaus or any of the originals haven't bothered looking for witches outside of new orleans.

Yes, it's terribly absurd.
Flag
This past week's ep, Klaus called Bonnie in Mystic Falls to confirm that the supernatural purgatory is falling apart.
Flag
I think every character on this show should become asexual.
Flag
In terms of new interest, if Stefan did begin a relationship with Luke as folks have been suggesting, that would certainly be something fresh for the show.
Flag
That I wouldn't object to...
Flag
I woudl agree, but then the rattings would sadly drop.
People don't mind the humping and looking at these models running around.

They mind the terrible relationship crap.
Flag
LOL, TVD + Asexual characters and new SL = OTP
Flag
LOL the best comment ever.
Flag
omg every episode I am like can't these people keep it in their freaking pants for like a second?! lol
I totally agree!
Flag
LOL good one
Flag
Hahaha. OMG Rolling on floor... LMAO
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members