A The Vampire Diaries Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW (Returning October 2, 2014)

The first trailer for The Vampire Diaries's sixth season has arrived, and it's business as usual in Mystic Falls/Mystic Falls-adjacent! Which is to say that everything is crazy and Elena's doing something stupid.

We knew that after the Season 5 finale, when the Other Side collapsed and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Bonnie (Kat Graham) were seemingly lost forever, that things would be rough for the friends and family who were left behind. But we never saw it going this far. 

Stefan (Paul Wesley) appears to have given up hope that his brother can be saved, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) is drinking to dull the pain of losing his girlfriend, and Elena (Nina Dobrev)... well, why don't you press play on the trailer below to see for yourself what our esteemed heroine is up to.

Oh boy. Elena is on drugs, guys. And not just normal teenage drugs, but magical drugs that allow her to hallucinate Damon. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, given Elena's attendance record in high school. She probably missed every single one of those "Dare to Keep Kids Off Drugs" programs. 

I suppose she probably also doesn't have much time to watch TV shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which revealed the many dangers of Magic Addiction (it's a thing). Here's hoping Caroline sits her down and knocks some common sense into her.

The Vampire Diaries returns Thursday, October 2 on The CW.

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview:
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/15/2014

Season 5 : Episode 22

94 Comments
Follow this Show
Members