A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

The elimination of the witch Qetsiyah from the Other Side has thrown the world of the supernatural afterlife into chaos. The Original Kol Mikaelson (Nathaniel Buzolic) and the increasingly unstable Vicki Donavan (Kayla Ewell) lead a dark alliance that seeks a return to the world of the living. The recent successful resurrections of Jeremy Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett lead more followers to their cause every day. Standing in opposition to these dark forces are familiar faces from Mystic Falls led by Alaric Saltzman (Matthew Davis), Alexia “Lexi” Branson (Arielle Kebbel), Rose (Lauren Cohan), and Sheila “Grams” Bennett (Jasmine Guy). As our heroes look to save the living world from the dark supernatural creatures that seek to return and shape the world into one of their liking they also struggle with the implications of a possible end to the Other Side and what might become of their souls afterward. However, the ultimate fate of the Other Side lies not with any of the supernatural beings trapped there, but rather with a simple human. A newcomer to the world of The Vampire Diaries whose possession of a Gilbert style ring allows them access to the Other Side and who has decided to remain there instead of returning to the world of the living.

poll

How would you pitch a TVD: The Other Side Spinoff?

Comments (46)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I said yes, but only to show people like Lexi. I don't think Lexi should have died. Maybe Vicki also... she wasn't a very interesting character on the show, but she's Matt's sister, so it could possibly be interesting. But mainly for Alaric... I would love to see how he spends his time. Also, Jenna and Elena/Jeremy's parents as well. There could be something interesting in that.
Flag
i dont think it would be interesting. the only thing people can do in the other side is talk to each other and watch the world of the living as if it is a tv show. a group of ghosts conspiring to bring the other side down is not enoght to build a whole tv show.
Flag
Yes, but not with Lexi or Qetsiyah or whoever is there. I'd love to see a spin-off about Caroline, because this beautiful character can be saved. For now everybody in TVD is doomed. The writers have no idea what they are doing, there is no plot, and no sense.
I wish they'd let Ian go so that he could do something else and stopped waisting his talent. Seems like Nina is getting some roles, which is good. And Candice/Caroline could do with a spin-off.
Flag
I think Lexi might be the "best-loved short-lived" character ever. :)
Truthfully, I can't think of any others outside of Doctor who. But it's funny how much I love her character and she wasn't even around that long. By the comments, I'm thinking I'm not the only one.
Flag
I'd watch a pilot or a few episodes to test it out.
Flag
Maybe a few episodes... just to see how Lexi, Alaric and Jenna are doing over there ;-) Haven't even watched The Originals yet. Want to, I kinda like the dysfunctionality of their family, but something's holding me back, can't put my finger on it exactly..
Flag
You should watch The Originals, at this point its more entertaining then the current storylines on TVD, which is unexpected but true. It drags a bit in the beginning of the series while it gains its footing but it gets awesome a lil ways in and just builds from there.. And be warned that some of the characters who seem lame at first get much better later on...cept Cami, she pretty much sucks it hard.. can't stand her. I've never liked the actress Leah Pipes who plays her anyways..she overacts and comes off whiny and annoying. But ya, check it out, I promise you won't regret it, esp by the time ur all caught up to current eps.
Flag
not another spinn off...please...Originals is enough...don't try to get more out of something that is near his hands...i mean how long they can continue with WD...at some point it is done and enough..
Flag
This sounds like a really exciting premise for like a one off movie. Like, set up the story as a D plot in TVD and then run a special event movie during a TVD hiatus in a way that it could stand alone (as a movie about good vs. evil) and also have all these beloved characters for TVD.
Flag
They can bring back Lexi and Alaric and get rid of Bonnie an Jeremy instead.
Flag
The Originals began with a slow start, even though I like the Michelsons dysfunctional family, the storyline was just a little too slow to keep you interested.

Luckily it got better. So an Other Side spinoff would have to have a good plot to it and not kept back too much.

You will also need the same writers, or some of them, just look at Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, it just has a completely different feel to it, and not just because it's Wonderland, you can tell because they dont have the same writers as OUAT. It's why I dont think OUATIW will do as well.
Flag
Lexi is ma girl!!! Bring her back, dah!
Flag
It sounds like too much.
Flag
Defiantly bring back Alaric and Lexi Damon needs his drinking buddy back, but I never cared for Vicki she can stay invisible
Flag
only to bring back alaric and lexi
Flag
Anything for more Lexi. She is my favorite side character and I wish she was around more often.
Flag
only for a side series to bring back Lexi, Alaric, and Vicki
Flag
& if they kill Stefan off this season.... Just saying! It'd be a good way to bring him back!
Flag
Sure,why not?Oh!While we are at it,why not make "The Mystic Grill","The Salvatores","The Gilbert Hunters" and what not?
Flag
The Mystic Grill could be a a good 30 minute comedy short about the bartender just watching crazy stuff happen
Flag
Now that's a show I'd LOVE to see!!!
Flag
My initial thought was yes, anything to bring Lexi back, but having thought about it for a moment I think it would work best as a (maximum) 13 episodes mini-series in the summer. A beginning, middle and end all planned out before it's even filmed. It could be an interesting one off. You've written a compelling synopsis and at the very least you could fill it out to make a good little fan-fiction story. I'd certainly read it.
Flag
Nah, not really. All I want is that Kol returns to The Originals and both Lexi and Alaric returns to Mystic Falls. I definitely don't want Vicki back.
Flag
Completely agree.. Imagine grams as well blaaakh

Some Characters should remain dead... Ooooh I want aunt Jenna and crazy dad as well!!
Flag
Honestly I'm sick of the other side and i hope they never make another storyline around it.
Flag
Nope, nay, never.
Flag
As long as Bonnie isn't involved in any way
Flag
Or her Grams!!!
Flag
Heck yeah! Bring back Lexi and Alaric!!!
Flag
Yes if qetsiyha will be on show not the villan if that happen.
Flag
No but your synopsis is interesting. Congrats!
Flag
No........
Flag
Its an interesting idea for a one off mini series inbetween seasons
Flag
Interesting idea! Your synopsis is really thought-provoking and exciting.

I'd probably watch it, but my problem from the beginning would be that I'm so sick of The Vampire Diaries resurrecting dead characters. None have any validity anymore when they occur because of it, and having an entire series based around deceased characters off of another series would be very off-putting.

But other than that, it sounds good, but as you mentioned in the poll, perhaps it would need to be a short series, it doesn't sound like it could have much longevity initially, at least until it's mythology is further developed.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members