A The Vampire Diaries Community
Friday 8:00 PM on The CW

The Vampire Diaries S05E05: "Monster's Ball"

Don't tell me what makes good drama because I ALREADY KNOW what makes good drama. First of all, it takes emotions. Tons of emotions, the more the better. Secondly, good drama requires people. NOT animals. Animals are poison to drama. Unless it's maybe a cartoon animal or a real animal that speaks coherent English somehow, or maybe it's a gorilla that knows sign language. Or a fox that rides a dog around. All of these examples would probably be fine for a drama. But let's be real, they are just exceptions that prove the rule: Good drama requires PEOPLE and people-esque emotions. Also needed for good drama? An ancient dagger or amulet. It is almost impossible to have good drama without an ancient dagger or amulet (or another option would be one of those tiny jewel-encrusted handguns that ladies carry in their purses). Basically, good drama requires danger and those things I just mentioned are harmful to people, so you do the math. Another requirement for good drama would have to be, I don't know, a scene where a sentient exotic plant makes a phone call. That doesn't happen very often though, so maybe it's not even worth bringing up. Let's see, what else makes good drama? I feel like I had more. Hold on a second. Good drama, good drama... Hm. Guys, full disclosure: I am currently experiencing the worst candy headache I've ever had in my whole life. I haven't eaten anything resembling proper nutrition in about four days, only candy. All the candy. The room is spinning, my organs are treating my body like it's a bounce house, my tongue is blue as hell, and 911 operators are NOT sympathetic. But you didn't come here to read about how my Halloween went. I'm basically at death's doorstep at the moment, THAT'S how it went. Oof, this feels truly terrible. 

OH. Right, I just remembered another thing about good drama. For my money the #1 best thing that can ever possibly happen in a drama: A BAD PERSON GOING GOOD. That has always been and always will be my favorite thing in a good drama. In fact I just had a tremendous idea: There should be a show called Breaking Good. It will be the best drama of all time, there will be so many people in it and they'll be experiencing tons of emotions, and yeah if we're being honest there MIGHT be a fox riding a dog around and an exotic plant might make a phone call as well. Those things are optional though, I can't tell Dick Wolf how to produce. But as long as a show has bad characters who suddenly turn good, I will be very happy.

This is all prelude to talking about Katherine. Katherine is my #1 favorite character on The Vampire Diaries currently, and a lot of that has to do with her journey from devious vampire to occasional deus ex machina to tragic outsider to, now, sympathetic human woman with a European daughter that loves three-ways. It is the BEST arc possible and it just makes me so happy. That kind of a similar arc is probably why Damon is the better Salvatore (AT THE MOMENT), because he came from a truly dark place and slowly reformed into a more thoughtful creature lately. I like that progression. Meanwhile Stefan's arc is just straight-up baffling. Lots of whiplashing between virtuous and awful. That's what's even more annoying about this current Amnesia Stefan phase: It won't even factor into his character in the long term. It's just a stopover until he recovers his memories, just an unpleasant waste of time. Oh well! Back to Katherine: She's the best. In my opinion when a bad person goes good, or does good things, it's this nice validation of the inherent goodness in people, and that is something that I just respond to on an emotional level, you know? Heck, this episode even had Silas aligning his goals with the rest of our heroes', so to my way of thinking that sort of counted too! That's right, I like Silas better than Stefan at the moment, deal w/it. BRB need to get my stomach pumped.

Okay let's talk about "Monster's Ball"! 

The handsome college guy that kissed Caroline in the graveyard woke up on the blonde professor's table looking all starving and very vampirey, but the professor was starving him as an experiment or something.

Um, I don't want to start any rumors about what this professor is into, but at what point did he settle on a no-shirts policy for his test subjects? Not mad, just curious.

Yeah, so, I don't know what's going on here. He's studying vampire biology? Which is probably super interesting to HIM, but we the viewers are experts in this field so it was kind of boring. But then Professor Maxfield concluded with something about how this new vampire was definitely a "candidate". Mysterious! Hopefully it involves super soldiers who chill in a bunker underneath the library.

Oh boy. Look what was back: The diary voiceover! Just when we thought this super dumb device had burned up in a fire beside Jeremy's Xbox, it was BACK! American Horror Story wasn't the only show to introduce zombies this week. Anyway, via Elena's voiceover we got a full recap of everything that had happened in the past two episodes. Caroline and Tyler were f*ckin' and her shady blonde professor wears GREAT sweaters and also 100% of the characters are sad or confused about all the complicated mythology going on right now. Oh, and Elena was still all sad about Bonnie, which was ironic because Bonnie was currently creeping over her shoulder.

I guess the Bonnie thing had left Elena shaken, specifically the fact that she hadn't even noticed Bonnie had been dead for FOUR MONTHS. And you know what? Fair enough. That was pretty terrible of Elena. The fact that she felt guilty about it was actually a credit to her sense of decency. (No reason to get into this topic now, but I recently read a recap I wrote a long time ago and I used to really dislike Elena, but now I don't at all? In fact I think I legitimately like her now. She just seems more thoughtful and chill now. I don't know. I can't back this up with examples. Nevermind, forget I said anything.)

But yeah: Guilt. Elena had spent all those months of Bonnie's deadness boning Damon so much, so now whenever she laid eyes on him she was NOT interested in being nice to him. In this case he'd driven all the way to her college for a costume party and she was barely even civil toward him.

Dang, you know it's bad when she's leaving Damon's presence to "go to class." Yikes, red flag.

Meanwhile this was happening:

Just a couple of monsters mashin' on the floor. Which, again, look at this damn dorm room. Not one but TWO Persian rugs? This is insane. How much are student fees? Are these girls on financial aid? 

So then Tyler and Caroline took a break from all their dozens of orgasms so that Caroline could lightly hassle Tyler for ignoring her phone calls for the entire summer. His response was super uppity: For the last time, he didn't have cell service up in the mountains where he was helping naked dudes roll around on the floor screaming. I think this means he was camping in wilderness 100% of the time? Like, no trips into town, no provision runs, no nothing. If we are to believe Tyler, he at no point came into contact with any method of checking in with Caroline. No phone, no internet, no postal service, no acquaintances who might pass on rumor or hearsay. In my opinion Tyler is either a liar or a bad person, because YOU CANNOT DO THAT to someone you love. Tyler made no effort to stay in touch with Caroline. Sorry guys, I've made up my mind. He doesn't deserve her. Meanwhile Caroline was trying to get him to enroll in college and he was just like "but look at my boner." That's how this conversation went basically. Tyler Lockwood you are trash.

Outside on the lawn some weirdo was mourning a friend even though the girl had been dead for, like, four days already? GET OVER IT. Haha just kidding, but look, it was that blonde hunk from the Melrose Place reboot!

Elena had noticed him seeming sad about Elena's dead roommate so she attempted to chat him up but he seemed very disinterested in talking to her and then stormed off after refusing to give his name. I like this guy. I know we've only just met him but is he going to be the Piz figure on this show? I hope so. Watch out, Salvatores. You guys might just get Piz'd!

So, at this point I just could not remember what Nadia wanted or how it related to what Silas wanted, or if they were on the same team still, or what. Is this a good place to mention that I am SO TIRED of the Silas stuff already? Boy was I wrong a few weeks back when I had the sense that the Silas stuff would be wrapped up soon. Nope, it's still going on! And so was this gypsy lady who'd kidnapped Katherine. So yeah, I could not remember what was happening between Nadia and Silas, but on the other hand, Katherine was in the background being AMAZING.

I mean...

And after she ate all the chips she did a full-body flop off of the bed, crawled over to the mini-fridge and did this:

I cannot love Katherine more. And for real, did we have any idea that Nina Dobrev was so good at comedy? She had already proved she's one of the best actresses on television, but I wasn't quite expecting her to be this funny lately. Very into it. Katherine forever.

So this was interesting: Damon had an idea. A selfless one! At some point he realized that Silas was trying to become mortal (which would leave him just a regular ol' witch) and then die (which would send him to The Other Side). So that meant if they played their cards right, they could possibly maybe get Silas to trade lives with Bonnie. Or something? Look, I'm not clear on how that would work, especially since Silas intended to destroy The Other Side BEFORE becoming mortal, right? So if he destroyed The Other Side, where would that send all the souls currently residing there? Would they all be swept up to Heaven or whatever? And Bonnie too? Look, I didn't get it, but I appreciated that Damon was trying to cheer up Elena by resurrecting Bonnie. He didn't seem to actually be that concerned with Bonnie's well-being though. Also she did not seem to want to go through with this plan either, something about unforeseen consequences, which I guess she is the #1 expert in. 

But then Jeremy totally did not listen to her! He told Damon that Bonnie was cool with it. If I was a betting man (I don't have money), I think this had something to do with the fact that Jeremy wanted Bonnie to be alive again because ghosts aren't fun to cuddle with. Too much ectoplasm and not enough busyfingers.

So yeah, that's all it took for Bonnie to change her mind. The promise of a shirtless hug from Jeremy: SOLD.

So then it came down to cutting a deal with an immortal wizard with a bad attitude and designs on self-destruction. But what would Silas possibly ask from Damon in return?

Haha, classic Silas. He wanted Damon to kill Stefan. But because the scene immediately cut to commercial and then didn't follow-up on this exchange, it was clear that it was probably just misdirection. 

Meanwhile Katherine ate a hamburger while Nadia told her about the time Katherine murdered Nadia's mother.

Katherine didn't remember doing this but it made me laugh that she felt like it was definitely possible. Then Nadia got mad.

Then Katherine got crafty. 

Then Nadia got stabbed in the chest with some old man's cane!

Haha, so good. Human or not, Katherine's STILL GOT IT, GUYS.

So because this was an episode that aired on Halloween, but the TVD timeline probably did not coincide with that particular holiday, we got this weird costume party that was supposed to FEEL Halloween-esque I guess. The characters all had to dress up as historical figures and attend a gala event on campus with all the professors or something, I don't know. But Caroline and Tyler went as Bonnie and Clyde, because I guess dressing up as famous murderers was a nice change of pace from being the non-famous murderers they already were. (Yeah, I said it. Check the facts.)

Amnesia Stefan showed up in a leather jacket and Caroline claimed he was supposed to be James Dean. Which was not only very lazy as a costume idea, but also shouldn't the jacket have been red? The red one was the more iconic James Dean look in my opinion. Anyway, Amnesia Stefan was still a tremendous piece of sh*t in this episode, and I'm not even willing to debate this. What a bummer this guy continues to be! Way too much 'tude considering he had no idea what was going on whatsoever. 

To be honest, I think I'm mostly annoyed about Stefan's amnesia because it COULD HAVE been a really terrific storyline. I think the intention was that he'd experience with fresh eyes the madness that his life had become, but instead he seems super closed off and judgmental and outright condescending toward everybody. Just very unlikable and hard to identify with or root for. I do not like this guy. I should but I don't. I hope he gets back his memories soon, especially any memories that make him seem like a decent person.

So then Damon arrived and took a ringing cell phone out of the front of his underwear.

Just for the record Damon is NOT ready to upgrade to iOS7. And who can blame him, especially when the old iOS has this very handy feature where your text simultaneously sends and doesn't send. (It also made me laugh that he and Silas were texting each other at all, and that this was only their first text exchange. I was really hoping Silas would respond with "new phone who is this." But he didn't, I'm pretty sure.)

Elena had another run-in with this guy. She compelled him to answer whether he'd murdered her roommate or not, and he said he hadn't. Then he mentioned that his entire family and circle of friends had died and it was like he was a boy version of Elena!

I ship it.

So then Amnesia Stefan had a run-in with Katsia (I honestly refuse to learn TWO names for this woman), but he didn't remember her and she flirted with him anyway.

She had only crashed an out-of-town college costume party because I guess one of her old amulets was on display somewhere on the premises. At first I was like, "What are the chances?" But then I remembered that one dead professor that Bonnie was besties with had Silas' old gravestone, so it stands to reason maybe he'd collected a sh*tload of Katsia and Silas' possessions. I don't know, I'm just very very tired at this point. My hands look like frightened crabs and I'm pretty sure I just saw a grim reaper eating a sandwich in my kitchen.

So this was what Silas meant by Damon killing Stefan.

He just meant to temporarily murder him so that Silas could regain his mind-control powers!

I liked that Damon seemed very conflicted about this task. Fair enough. I truly dislike breaking any of my brothers' necks, so I could definitely relate. 

Anyway, with Stefan lying dead in a crumpled heap, Silas went back and impersonated him to Katsia so that he could read her mind and find out where the anchor was for the spell that made the Other Side exist and holy sh*t is this plotline not interesting SORRRYYY gotta go.

But Silas' cover was almost blown when his head started falling apart. That was because Stefan had come alive again!

Luckily Damon was on neck-snapping duty still. Phew!

Meanwhile in a disgusting alley a very touching moment occurred. Nadia hadn't actually been brutally murdered in front of a ton of old people trying to eat their early bird specials, instead she dragged herself out by the trash cans and Katherine showed up to call her out for telling fibs.

Nadia was Katherine's daughter! I don't mean to be a braggart but I called this. I definitely called this. Sort of half-jokingly, sure, but when it comes to TVD, no joke is too extreme to be made into actual storylines. Still though, as much as I'd suspected this was the case, the reveal was VERY GOOD. Katherine accused Nadia of making up the story about murdering Nadia's mother. But then Nadia insisted that Katherine HAD indeed murdered her mother-- It was when Katherine committed suicide! (To exempt herself from Klaus' moonstone curse, an explanation rightly omitted from this story.) But the look on Katherine's face was pretty devastating. For one thing, as old as Katherine is, on this show she's usually just carried herself as a petulant teen. But this one revelation suddenly aged her; it reminded us of how ancient she really is (500 years old!), and how mature and experienced she must be. I don't know, I just thought this was really powerful, okay? Love this show.

Okay, like, I get it, this guy is probably going to be a villain or maybe just quickly murdered at some point, but I can't help it, I reallllly dig him. Look at this hat, first of all. (He's Dr. Jekyll, for the record, because mad science.) But also look at how he slow dances with his students:

Get it, Elena. 

Whoops! See, they'd just had a very amiable conversation about forging death certificates but then he revealed that he knew she was a vampire and also he told her to drop out of college and go back to Mystic Falls. Dang, doc! To be fair, he also warned her that people were watching, so there's still a chance he's not necessarily a bad guy and was just worried about her, but still. Elena was very surprised by this turn of events. 

So then Caroline and Tyler finally had it out. He told her he didn't want to go to college with her, he only wanted to get revenge on Klaus from now on. Caroline did NOT take it well.

Haha it made me laugh when Caroline proceeded to try and make a dramatic exit because it is 100% impossible to make a dignified exit when you're wearing a costume. Seriously, try it next time you're in a costume. Tell someone off and attempt to storm out. People will turn to your friend and be like "Uh, did you just get told off by The Grimace?" 

Meanwhile at the neck-breaking station, Damon saw Stefan twitch and started to suspect that he was waking up again.

BOOM! Stefan turned the tables! He jumped up and snapped Damon's neck so good.

Meanwhile Katsia stole an amulet and started praying and figured out where her anchor was. Who cares. Then Silas came in and tried to read her mind but then got interrupted by Stefan being awake and stealing his mind control powers AND THEN to add insult to injury Stefan just moseyed in and blew his cover and punched Silas' face.

So then Katsia was ticked so she stabbed her hand into Silas' chest and fried his heart.

Whoops! Silas was now insta-desiccated! Which, ordinarily it would've been a pretty positive turn of events to see a villain get iced like this, but it really interfered with Damon's plan to resurrect Bonnie to cheer up Elena.

Oh, let's just get back to the new hunks okay?

The one younger guy is somehow related to the professor! Well, the professor is the legal guardian over the younger guy, so who knows. They are just the blonde hunk club over here and that is fine with me (maybe they have a spare bunk for Matt?). Do you think these two have ever ridden in a paddleboat together? Or played tennis while wearing matching headbands? I'm just going to take a minute and think about this and you should too.

Back in the motel room Katherine made tea for Nadia and they compared facts. It turned out Nadia believed Katherine had abandoned her, but Katherine had in fact tried to find her way back in the day. (1490s-ish) 

This seemed to really touch Nadia in her heart, and both women just looked so moved. Honestly, what a strange dynamic this scene was, but it was all distilled down to two long-lost family members finding each other after HALF A MILLENNIUM. Compared to how epic the concept of this reunion was, the scene played out in a very understated and quietly devastating way. Very good. Very, very good.

Then Caroline and Tyler finally broke up.

I mean, what more do I need to say about this? Not only was Tyler a very terrible boyfriend toward her, look at what he made her do! I do NOT want to see Caroline sobbing. Jump in a tar pit, Tyler. She is so much better off it's insane. Sorry I'm not sadder about this breakup, but I'm not. I'm very happy for Caroline if anything.

Meanwhile at the Salvatore shanty, Damon invited Katherine over to see that her Silas-related worries were now over.

BUT THEN! It turned out Damon had set up a trap! What he really wanted was to revive Silas and also make him mortal using HER blood. But as we'd learned from Nadia, Katherine's blood is only a cure if ALL of it is drunk. Which would killer her, obvs.

So basically Damon attempted to murder Katherine in this episode! DO NOT, DAMON.

UH-OH! Suddenly Silas started sucking all of her blood out! THIS LOOKED BAD. 

NO! NO! NO! NOT KATHERINE! NO WAY! THIS COULDN'T BE HAPPENING, RIGHT? KATHERINE COULDN'T JUST DIE IN A NON-FINALE EPISODE, RIGHT? I mean, this death wasn't sufficiently epic AT ALL. The camera work didn't even film it in a very interesting--

OH NO THIS looked epic right here. Swelling music and everything. Guys, I was so upset. I was ENRAGED. I was already weighing my options of whether I could continue watching a TVD with neither Originals nor Katherine. SHE CANNOT BE DEAD. NO.

NO.

No way.

Fortunately Katherine just don't stay dead.

WOWOWOW. So apparently she died but has some kind of immortality thing going on? Maybe the vampire cure did this? Or maybe she had special jewelry on? I DON'T KNOW. All I know is, this show took me for a ride and I'm either very mad about it or I'm thrilled to my core. What is the difference? What an amazing turn of events. It made me laugh when Katherine revived, saw Damon and Elena standing over her, and asked if she was in Hell. Basically! But now I'm very curious what this attempted murder will do to Katherine's burgeoning sense of humanity? Will she re-harden into an unrepentant sociopath? Will she get revenge on Damon for attempting to murder her for, of all things, the benefit of BONNIE? I have a lot of questions. THIS is a plotline I care about. I need to know more. I need it. I also need medical attention, I ate so many Skittles, guys.

I liked a lot of "Monster's Ball" especially the parts with Katherine and the mysterious hunk with no backstory yet. So tired of backstory lately. Just give me a clean slate in a tuxedo t-shirt. And more Katherine. Always more Katherine.

OK BYE

*vomits a rainbow*

QUESTIONS

... What is Professor Maxfield doing to that shirtless vampire?

... What is Professor Maxfield doing to that sad blond hunk?

... Would you seriously watch TVD if Katherine was killed off?

... Exactly how much candy can a person consume before it's considered a cry for help?

406 Comments
Comments (406)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Why does everyone hate on Tyler. I for one think his character deserved more screen time to grow. Everyone only seems to remember the bad about Tyler and not all the good things, which if you rewatch will see actually exist. Anyways, it's just all these klaus and Caroline fans that hate Tyler. I am so excited to see the wolf storyline play out on the originals.
Flag
great review. Really felt like you were back to your old self. <3 !
Pretty good episode too, although I find it jarring that the characters go to and from Mystic Falls and the college campus several times a day. Do they get free fuel??!
Flag

- Guys. Vampire Hunger Games.
That sounded cooler in my head.
I'm guessing he's gonna use them to hunt someone. Like with brainwashing.
I dunno.
- No idea.
- Nope. But i'd still have the Originals. So that's fine. Oh, but maybe Caroline will be cool again, since she and Tyler broke up.
- Approximately fifteen Kit-Kats from: 'My-head-is-going-to-explode-omygosh-chocolate.'
Flag
Yup, it's been 5 episodes, and I still like TVD better than The Originals. That's saying something...

Another GREAT EPISODE! Especially those Katherine moments! Lol. Sometimes, I completely forgot that both Elena and Katherine are played by the same actress. I think it shows how great Nina's acting chops.

Ooh, am I the only one getting good vibe between Elena and Aaron?

Caroline-Tyler are sooo over. Nothing can defeat Klaus and Caroline's chemistry. Yes, I agree, Caroline deserves better. Maybe that Jesse guy?

Fyi, I like Prof. Maxfield and Qetsiyah's characters, at least he's much better than the boring Prof. Shane.

The scene between Katherine and Nadia was nicely done. Great one. It's is very underrated but yeah, it really worked.

And the ending... ugh, sorry Damon's fans, but I never liked his character, especially after he tried to murder Katherine!!! I don't think I would watch TVD anymore if Katherine is not in it anymore, lol. I was freaked out, because I thought it was the end of her, and Nadia will go on a journey of revenge for her mother. You know, the silence after Katherine collapsed on the floor.... it really reminded of the scene after Rob, Talisa, and Catelyn Stark was murdered in GoT. They got me for a second, and boy, how was I not really relieved when Katherine was still breathing.

I thought the same way too, with the cure gone from her system, she is a vampire again?

So it's gonna be wizard vs witch now? Silas vs Qetsiyah?

More+
Flag
The way i read into it was that since the cure was now out of her she was a vampire again
Flag
Week after week I ask myself "why am I still watching this show? Why?!" Tyler: "I'm running off to New Orleans to get killed and initiate the TVD/TO crossover." Ooh! There it is LOL! On a more serious note, was this breakup really necessary after the voicemail? It's not like Caroline initiated it or had a massive blow up. And newsflash Tyler: Klaus doesn't need to meddle in your relationship anymore, he knew you would screw up eventually. The "love you more than you hate him" line was very telling. After all Klaus let go of his vengeance for Caroline, but Tyler cannot do the same. Also, what kind of asshole has sex with a girl ALL DAY and then does that? Why did he even come to Bonnie's funeral at all? Tyler is the worst!

If Stefan has to be "dead" for Silas to use his powers, does that mean STEFAN has the powers the rest of the time? This must be explored!

And I despise this whole Damon/Elena/Bonnie thing. Damon is not doing this out of the goodness of his heart. Elena's all "We spent all summer being happy and sexing each other up so I didn't know about Bonnie. I'll never let myself be happy again!" No happiness=no sex, Damon's worst nightmare.

Questions:
1) IDK, all the Buffy Initiative vibes are clouding my foresight.
2) I think blondie (Aaron?) is the Anchor. We already know he's the male equivalent of Elena. Doppelganger is to Anchor as Katherine is to Awesome!
3) Caroline is my favorite, but she's done nothing since this season started so idk if I would watch TVD without Katherine. Katherine at least makes things exciting and human or not, she still possesses that intelligent, manipulative, old soul that her and the Originals have always provided. Without her, we'd have triangle drama all the time. Pass!
4) Idk, but I'm sure I flew pass that mark last week.

More+
Flag
You took the words right out of my mouth! I've been so "meh" about this season of TVD that I was like 4 episodes behind and kind of forced myself to just binge watch to catch up. (S4 wasn't very good either...I mainly just watched in the hopes of Klaus and Caroline scenes)

But I wanted to scream at Caroline/my TV screen when Caroline said "Love me more than you hate him" - UM, HELLO? Klausykins did that for you, but Meathead here can't do that for you. Verrry telling. And now Tyler is setting up TVD/TO crossover potential and that paves the way for Klaroline in the future! YEAH!
Flag
I don't think it's BAD, it just doesn't it's just not as great as it used to be in season 1 and 2.:/
Flag
Season 1 was a little slow, but still enjoyable. Seasons 2 and 3 were great! Season 4 had it's moments, but it definitely started going down hill then. I use to be enthralled with TVD, now I play on my phone for half the episode. It's sad.
Flag
I can't believe how lazy the TVD writers are....either that or out of touch....arrogant? I don't know. What a mess. I am thinking that the writers have written the show off. This would be my remedy:
Sit down with the actors and get their input about the character's they play.
Let them do writing and directing.

Now let's try to save this disaster:
Katherine now human, has been having frequent dreams about her life as a human. We need to see her efforts to find her daughter, her family and we need to see how badly she wanted to live. We need to know more about who she was, what mattered, who was the father of her child....what was her family like and why they disowned her rather than embrace her. Katherine needs to remember who she was as a human...to re-connect with human emotions, hopes, dreams etc. This would have given context to her scenes with her daughter. It would also have been great to see Katherine's daughter's plight in flashback scenes. This is just for starters. It made no sense to have Damon kill Katherine.....Instead...Katherine should have said or done something to piss off Elena...a comment about Bonnie or Jeremy might have done the trick......and then Elena should have been the one to bite her and hand her over to Silas. Katherine would face her vulnerability as she pleads for her life. This scene would have been tragic...heartbreaking....if their had been some context. Then to add to the tragedy....Elena would have second thoughts about biting Katherine but alas too late....Silas gains strength and drains her. So Katherine comes back to life ....okay....but I would save this feeble plot idea by making the entire episode part of a dream......I don't really think the writers care about the show anymore....

PEACE
More+
Flag
Funny, I said the same thing about TO last week. They have all these good ideas, but they're not using them in the most dramatic and cohesive manner. The character's motivations aren't matching up and it feels wonky. TVD appears to be suffering through some of the same.
Flag
Katherine's personality (heartless, cruel) has all be molded by one thing, her deserve to survive. Now that she is truly immortal (or maybe she just can't be killed by supernaturals beings, maybe she is the embodiment of the immortality rings, however she did walk away from a car wreck that would've killed Jeremy if Damon hadn't save him so..) chances are she'll be less ruthless because she won't have to constantly be worrying about surviving.
Flag
Thank you for your great review :) so to answer your questions :

- loooooool , taking photos of him , to use it for his self enjoyment later loool
- again big LOL , I guess he spank him regularly loool (sorry )
- yes , lets not forget , she was not around much in season 3 and 4 , and we kept watching :)
- lol I hope you are feeling better , but I guess when you replace food with candy , that is when you know things are bad :)

you are the best
Flag
"New phone who is this." :DD

I'm glad Tyler is out and Katherine is still alive. Her storyline is the most interesting one now that they got rid of the originals.
Flag
ok the first scene with the doctor and the black guy, reminded me at Buffy Season 4, when some sick doctor, made Adam..anybody remembers...weird creepy doctor...
Love Bonnie and cool that they want to bring her back, but why has Kat have to die...she is the cool version of the good and annoyingly Elena...
You what i was thinking about Elena..she plays her role actually pretty well, because everybody feels the same about her...annoyence..so she must be doing something right then...huh...just a thought..

What i thought i was a bit pointless to watch Caroline and Tyler hooking up...for what..to see him leave at the end...because he has still Klaus issues...come on..
Glad that he is gone, she Caroline can finally move on...

Whaaaa,,,,,Kat has a daughter who is also a gypsy...interesting...i wonder where she was..did Kat leave her at the motel or something, when she came over to see Damon, so she could die by his betrayal...but of course she has more then nine lives and still lives!! You hang in there girl!!

Loved when Stefan broke the neck of Damion. He deserved it...breaking your brothers neck, not once but twice....for what...i didn't even work...yet..

Wonder how all this maddness will end....
What i did miss this episode is Matt and his traveller inside him...??
More+
Flag
I was thinking that Nadia was waiting outside and that she fed Katherine her blood just in case. During that whole dramatic death I said, "Omg they killed Katherine?! No, it's fine, she'll be a vampire again. It's fine, it's fine...wait, she's alive?"
Flag
First of all you mentioning Piz made me very happy.

So Tyler is going to New orleans, yes?
Flag
im happy to see Tyler on the Originals But i just hope Klaus kick Tyler ass..after what Tyler did to Caroline :(
Flag
Ugh FINALLY. I'm glad to see the characters on TVD do in fact know who Klaus is especially since he terrorized/saved their asses for 3 years. For a while it felt like both shows were ignoring each other. I was waiting for Damon to throw The Original's doppelganger Tatia in Qetsiyah's face and try to disprove her point. He didn't.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
this episode in particular was silly to the core.
They messed up their own fake mythology, you only turn into a vampire when you feed or you will die. Mr Shirtless in the beginning did not feed according to the professors log and yet he was already a vampire...

These Doppelgangers would beat everything annoying I have ever seen on TV but thank god the writers have the urge to keep Bonnie around which is the most annoying thing ever. This must be a race quota thing because without her powers she is completely irrelevant and all that is to her is me wondering why her face is crooked.

It seems the writers for the mature part of the show are working for The Originals now, which is surprisingly awesome... the whole Vampire Diaries just got more pointless and soft as Twilight.
Flag
I don't actually believe that they messed up the mythology. A person only turns into a vampire if he feeds within 24 hours - It's been stated since Season 1 with Vicky.

So I actually think that this was clearly stated by the Professor to suggest a kind of experiment that he is doing, where he can turn people into vamps, or maintain vamps without feeding them... or something like that I don't know...
Flag
The professor said that after the initial feeding, Mr. Shirtless hadn't fed for 3 days. This means he already transitioned into a vampire because the professor fed him his first vampire blood.
Flag
When in transition the new vampire has to feed to make it permanent, but one is already a vampire..
We all know Bonnie's magic is the most powerful plot device ever!
Flag
And I forgot to mention how annoying it is that the show is so Elena-centric. Look at the whole bringing Bonnie back thing. Why is Damon bringing a dead person back? Not because he misses her or because her friends or her boyfriend miss her. He didn't even ask Bonnie (and he can do that!) Only because her death made Elena sad. And OMG we cannot let that happen because Elena is so fragile, how can she be sad blah-blah-blah.
Flag
Did you miss the scene where Damon was running the plan across to Jeremy and asked if Bonnie was okay with it? Did you see the part where Bonnie said no, Jeremy lied and said she said yes? Did you miss the part where Bonnie told Jeremy to tell Damon the truth and he said no? I think you did.
Flag
Damon didn't actually ask how she felt though. It was more on the lines of "is it possible?" He doesn't want to waste his time and team up with Silas for nothing. Bonnie said "in theory, but consequences not worth it" Which made me so happy because it's about damn time that girl realizes there are serious consequences to life altering magic. Every time she ignored Grams I wanted to smack her. Of course now she's the one who gets ignored with Jeremy's "Let's do this! Screw Bonnie's feelings." attitude. TVD is all about selfishness.
Flag
Yeah, and Jeremy said, "She's in." Damon went through with this plan with the understanding that Bonnie was completely behind it. So to say he didn't even run it pass her, is just wrong.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Sometimes the recycling of characters is annoying with this show. Too many doppelgangers and too many people dying and coming back. Why does Damon care so much about Bonnie all of a sudden? Oh yeah, I forgot.. Elena! You know how many people have died just to keep Elena happy in this show?? I try to stop watching it; all the stupid stuff that goes on and Elena is the most annoying character on TV.. but it is always Katherine that brings me back and for a dreadful moment, I thought she was being killed off. Which would be a bad thing because I like Kat, but a good thing because I would never need to watch TVD again. But, I knew Kat wouldn't let me down since she has nine lives. Kat and nine-lives.. lo.
Guess all I really have to say is, how can Elena just stand there while her great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great-grandmother is being sacrificed to Silas by her crazy boyfriend?
Flag
Maybe all the thoughts of watching Katherine push Jeremy's neck to Silas' mouth (Oh the irony), prevented her from caring enough about Katherine to stop him.
Flag
Because Kat has always been horrible to her XD Yes, I found it really weird watching Elena doing nothing, but understandable.
Flag
I found it really weird watching Elena doing nothing

Really? It seemed pretty normal to me.
Flag
How could you be such a huge Katherine fan and not talk about her funniest moment ever which happened to occur in this very episode!? "I cut off some douchey guys fingers with a butcher knife. That was fun"
I kinda like the dickyness of Stefan now. He's not likeable but he is kind of funny. Paul Wesley is getting to have a lot of fun this season.
Also, Klaus killed Tylers mother!! I kinda get why he's obsessed with killing him now. He should just head over to the Originals and stay there. Be the head of the Werewolves on that show.
Flag
Wait. Was Tyler the mysterious wolf that saved Haley in the woods last episode?
Flag
There's some speculation, but Tyler's wolf is black. Although, considering how many continuity errors and history rewrites both shows have demonstrated recently,they probably think we won't care about that little fact...
Flag
Yeah, I was thinking wouldn't Haley have recognized him? Buttt, then again she could have recognized him and kept it to herself.
Flag
Amnesiac Stefan is a jerk and douche because he speaks his mind? Unlike the old Stefan who let the guilt guide him into a mute. I still don't understand the constant berating of this new Stefan. He's basically Katherine, in dude form.
Flag
He's amazing!
Flag

Ughh totally agree!!! And especially when that character is Katherine. I just hate knowing that when Elena is with Damon bad things are going to happen. people are going to die and its over all going to suck in the end! Someone will always get hurt and it makes me so sad because overall I like all of the charachters. But they are all going to suffer because of some ridiculous love triangle that WILL NEVER FREAKING END....

AND NO SHIRTLESS JEREMY?!?!?! WTF?

Flag
Ive been watching The Originals and I must say I dont even miss TVD. :) I could NOT watch the show without Katherine and The Originals at the same time. I. JUST. CANT.
Flag
I love the Original siblings as characters, but something about the show itself is not that intriguing. Maybe I have to watch the new episode from this previous week, but I still like TVD so much more.
Flag
I love the Originals, and I do enjoy their show to a certain degree. That being said, I think the issue with TO is the plotlines aren't connecting as dramatically as they should. The ideas are there, but the execution is wonky.
Flag

Also how cool it will if be revealed that if Elena had taken the cure instead of idiotically giving to Kat she could have been human AND still live forever lol loving this
Flag
I hope that's really the case because LOL! A human Katherine who doesn't have to deal with blood lust, heightened emotions, can probably have more kids, and STILL gets to annoy Elena for eternity? HA! Jokes on you Elena!
Flag
And once again a character is fucked over to make poor me Elena happy. Fuck this show , just kill Elena already. I still don't know how people think Damon can't be just as bad as Stefan???? I mean he claims he loved Katerine for centures and now kills her easy like that??? I cant with this show. Caroline/Tyler is just stupid at this point and Delena remains the worse. Same old.
Flag
Ughh totally agree!!! And especially when that character is Katherine. I just hate knowing that when Elena is with Damon bad things are going to happen. people are going to die and its over all going to suck in the end! Someone will always get hurt and it makes me so sad because overall I like all of the charachters. But they are all going to suffer because of some ridiculous love triangle that WILL NEVER FREAKING END....
AND NO SHIRTLESS JEREMY?!?!?! WTF?
Flag
-For the last 20 minutes or so of this episode all I could do was say "Holy Shit" in varying tones of voice.
-Glad Katherine is somehow still alive no ,matter how that happened! Nina Dobrev is such an amazing actress.
-So far I actually find Silas rather entertaining. I like him more than Stephen most of the time. However, when he made that jab about how "a woman never forgets her first love, no matter how badly it ended" all I could think was that that doesn't mean they all go back. This whole dopplegangers-relationship-destiny that has popped up is just stupid and upsetting. Team Delena all the way!!!
Flag
:OOOOO Katherine and nadja is AMAZING.. Barely screaming when O thought Katherine would be dead.

But, to be honest, the best part of this entire episode has been the breakup-scene of Tyler and Caroline. *___*
Never liked him, soooo anoying
Flag
to me the break up scene was just a waste of time, never liked their couple story line or him and to me they were broken up already, wasting 18 minutes to reinforce the break up... well you can see why the show is going downhill so rapidly right now.
Flag
They already broke up multiple times in the exact same manner. We're over it. If anything it should have been CAROLINE who broke up with Tyler. Show us that her feelings changed, that she's matured and moved on while Tyler was away without even realizing it herself. It would have been different and good for her character. That or it should have been a massive blow up because Caroline was not angry enough in my opinion about the no contact and I was expecting Tyler to question her about Klaus' decision to release him.

Ugh, if you're not going to go for the dramatic punch then don't bother with it at all writers.
Flag
All the time Kat's blood was being drained I kind expected that someone (Elena or even Damon - in a suddendly act of regret) would stop it from happening, since I kinda knew that Kat wasn't gonna die (I've read some spoilers of upcoming episodes envolving her...) When she fell on the floor, I really didn't know what to think anymore! That really got me by surprise!

Flag
Wow, Elena and Damon were really horrible in that scene, right? I was sure that one of them (thought it would be Elena) would stop it! No wonder vampire Elena loves Damon and not Stefan. They're both insane!
Flag
My reaction: "WHAT?! Damon let her go! No, nevermind, Nadia probably fed her blood, she'll wake up as a vampire and kick both your asses. It's fine, it's fine. She'll be a vampire. They won't actually kill her. It's fine...oh wait, she's alive."
Flag
I don't really buy this whole new Katherine... I still kind of expect that she had put something (verbain, probably) in that cup of tea..... I thought it was weird that suddendly she showed up alone at the Salvatore's.... She could easily have taken her allegedly daughter with her, right?
And I really don't want that this daugther thing to be for real... If it is, I hope that they day that Nadia had a baby too, so the doppelgänger lineage could have continued till Elena...
Flag
Yeah that is the only thing that makes sense. I hope the writer's remember that...yeah probably not. You just pointed out a future plot hole.
Flag
After I wrote that I kinda thought of a way to explain how the lineage could go on even with Nadia not having a baby: maybe through a possible cousin of Kat the lineage could have continued (even without the Originals knowing... afterall, they didn't know about Kat's daughter...) Considering the doppelgänger curse runs through the "genes", it's plausible that the gene could have gone on through another branch of the family tree, not necessarily directly linked to her..... At least, this way the plot hole would be avoided... Let's hope the writers actually consider this....
Flag
Elena is keeping diaries again, ancient jewelry are left without security, Tesa is not magically testing every time she sees Stefan to make sure who he is, Kathrine stabs her vampire daughter with a man's crane (!!!!), Silas is left dead in the open, Damon bites Kathrine and offers her to Silas in a stupid angle to dry her up. Then, Kathrine is alive again, either a vampire or undead vampire cure. Congrats! Now, everyone who wants to be cured can drain Kathrine. No worries, she will come back again. Elena's turn to have the cure. Much potential if it is that but poorly executed. I was expecting a much more dramatic scene for Kathrine's fake death.
Flag
Awesome recap, Price! I was honestly terribly scared that Katherine was going to die. I screamed "NOO, DON'T KILL OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!". So it's probably no surprised that I was relieved when she woke up! Wonder if the cure is totally out of her body now, and she's just a normal person. (Or perhaps a new supernatural creature? God, I hope not. I think.)
Flag
Have only one question response: I can't watch a world where Katherine Pierce is dead. I barely held on during her last bit of hiding. She is my rock, y anchor; she is my everything.

Agree about amnesia stefan. More annoying than his dickishness is the wasted potential of this storyline. They primed me for a carefree Stefan, unburdened by the guilt and the shame. Someone starting life new - and I was perfectly content to watch Elena re-fall-in-love with the Stefan who was happy and fun. But now, what, Stefan without memories doesn't feel guilty for hurting people he loved, he just hates everyone instead?

no need to mention Tyler. Don't let the incredibly ornate "dorm room" door hit you on the way out, jack hole.
Flag
Yup, had they actually killed Kat, that would have been the last straw....TVD is barely tolerable without the originals., but without the fashionable one...it would totally suck! =)
Flag
Price, since when did you become all about team Damon??? Amnesia Stefan is really cool.......
Flag
Amnesia Stefan would make sense at "Days of our Lives" :-D
Flag
This show have already turned into "Days of our Lives"..long before Amnesia Stefan
Flag
It was irony, Damon did the same thing to Katherine that Katherine did to Jeremy. She's got no room to be judgey.
"vomits rainbow" LMAO!
Flag
i thought i was the only one who noticed that. So much irony
Flag
That picture of Caroline with the text "U KNOW WHAT HOMIE F U" is awsome in many different ways. It's a perfect choice of picture, a perfect text, and a perfect face.
Flag
I liked this episode because I think our "protagonists" finally crossed a line which should officially make them villains.
Elena chose to let Katherine live earlier, but then changed her mind and watched Damon murder her (and yes let's call it murder) because they want Bonnie back. So any principles she had goes out the door when it comes to bringing back someone from the dead. Damon's motives were even worse, since he actually doesn't even like Bonnie he just wants to cheer Elena up (and Elena is a vampire, she'd get over it eventually -- she'll have to eventually anyway when Bonnie dies of old age and Elena is still living it up).

Which brings us to Bonnie & possibly Jeremy. It's def not a good thing to chill with the living after you die from both angles -- but if Bonnie really did want to take the moral high ground in any of this, she'd just stop showing up to talk to Jeremy / eavesdropping on her friends. It's not that hard, there's plenty of other dead witches (esp in the New Orleans area LOL).

I feel like the Tyler exit was very staged and poorly written. He tells Caroline that he's only with her cause Klaus allows him to be, and then says he's going after Klaus to mess with his life. Anyone else see the problem? He originally ran away cause Klaus could insta kill him, and now he's running straight for Klaus... who can still insta kill him. Anyway, since their writing/execution of these plots has been pretty shitty all around, I guess this is fine if it makes for interesting drama in the Originals.
More+
Flag
Elena crossed the line when she and Jeremy killed Koal.. she is so dark now!
Flag
Elena always was a selfish bitch, people just keep trying to excuse her actions because she is crying all the fucking time. She is the worse.
Flag
There isn't one character on this show that couldn't legitimately be considered a villain. There hasn't been for a very long time. The sooner we can all admit that, the sooner we can all be friends.
Flag
"Elena chose to let Katherine live earlier, but then changed her mind and watched Damon murder her (and yes let's call it murder) because they want Bonnie back. So any principles she had goes out the door when it comes to bringing back someone from the dead."

Thank you. I can't believe people are saying Katherine deserved to die or that they are excusing Elena's actions. You can't tell someone you want them to live to find their humanity (or whatever) one minute and then just watch them die the next minute. What Elena did was truly disgusting. She can never be forgiven.

That whole scene was really revolting.
Flag
Yeah it really was.. and I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that not enough people share this view.
Flag
Is Tyler going to the Originals, if his goal is to "destroy" Klaus?

Flag
It seems like it. That's only gonna be fun to watch if he has something up his sleeve. Otherwise I think Klaus would just kill him, and that would be it.
Flag
i hope not..
the show is good as it is with the none of the teenie bopper characters
Flag
My GOD this show is crap right now. It almost hit Twilight levels of absurd and boring. Damn the first 2 seasons were so promissing :(
Flag
I don't think the first two were better. You're probably just getting tired of the show.
Flag
I totally agree about Twilight. I watched the second last one about a year ago, and the only thing I liked about it was the hotel room. That was one awesome hotel room. Everything else sucked. No wait, Billy Burke had a funny line at the wedding, so it had two things that didn't suck. But it was quite painful to sit through that movie.

A few months later I thought "since I've seen the others, I might as well see how it ends", and I watched the last one. I wish I hadn't. It wasn't as boring as the previous one, but it was still pretty bad.
Flag
I like this episode, mainly because I agree with you about Katerina. She is clearly the best thing that's going on this season. Even when she is passive scene or in the background, she still draws focus and is the best thing since slice bread. I'm going to give 2nd place to Janina Gavankar, who is clearly bringing the craze-amaze awesome-sauce as Qetsiyah/Tessa. Nadia gets honorable mention for being a Petrova and bringing out even more layers out of the incredibly layered Katherine. I'm a Damon fan and a fan of his story, but I also like the actor that plays Stefan/Silas and curious about what they are doing with his character. It's not clicking for me yet but maybe it will.

I like Bonnie and I like Jeremy and I like their scenes. I know that Jeremy has to think about Bonnie for her to appear (and for them to have conversations), which makes her watching him workout a few episodes ago less creepy and more awesome because it was likely mutual. But I wonder if it's the same for people who can't see dead people like Jer (like when Elena was writing in her journal and Bonnie appeared). She was technically thinking about Bonnie and she appeared. That would make Bonnie less stalkerish and tragic though she is still quite tragic. There were a lot of moving pieces to this episode but I liked it a lot. Here's hoping that they keep up this momentum.
More+
Flag
Also, I'm WAY cool with Katherine surviving. Because unlike Elena, they have clearly shown in every season that Katherine has been apart of the show is at least a survivor against ridiculous odds. This is just another example. Glad she's sticking around.
Flag
1)
But Caroline and Tyler went as Bonnie and Clyde, because I guess dressing up as famous murderers was a nice change of pace from being the non-famous murderers they already were. (Yeah, I said it. Check the facts.)
Caroline? Sure. Tyler? Hardly

Seriously, who exactly did Tyler kill? Only that girl in season 2 that awakened his inner wolf and even that was an accident (or self defense, depends on your perspective)

I'm also not really buying Tyler's story. Either he is shifted over to the Originals show and they just rushed it off, or they simply didn't want to spill the beans (yet) on what Tyler has really been up to. Heck, it's possible he was held captive by proffessor and co (or maybe he funding them).

2) I still say that the anchor is the knife Matt is holding.

3) Katherine most likely took some of Nadia's blood just in case.
And as I said in the previous thread, I'm *shocked* they missed the connection between how Damon shoved Katherine to Silas's arms and to the fact that is exactly how Katherine killed Jeremy last season.

I mean obviously we get it, but shouldn't the characters reference it? I mean this is an attempt to humanize Katherine so shouldn't she realize that this is Karma?

4) Why on earth did Daemon did that stupid "Are you dead?" to Stephan.
What happened to Vampire's super hearing?!? Couldn't he just hear his heart beating?
More+
Flag
Would it have killed Care to actually show some grief related to her best friend Bonnie being dead? Or the fact that she dressed as Bonnie & Clyde with Tyler with no sort of second thought about how insensitive it was. I mean we got some grief from Elena but none from Caroline. Also, I like Forwood and all but their break-up was anticlimatic and not worth him returning last episode for him to leave immediately in this episode.
Flag
I actually didn't think about that, but people on this show only mourn or 1 episode so I wasn't surprised. Plus you know, she was too busy clinging to Tyler and having tons of sex cause she's been in a drought lol. To be honest though, I hate that we didn't get to see Caroline's initial reaction to Bonnie's death so nothing about this surprised me.

And Elena's grief was a plot device for the triangle. "I spent all my time with you, Damon and I didn't see that my friend was dead so I'm ignoring you." Damon of course can't have that so he's bringing Bonnie back so that he can continue to get laid.
Flag
OH DEAR GOD I'M LAUGHING SO HARD IT HURTS AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Yeah, I've noticed Caroline's lack of grief, but it didn't not occur to me how insensitive it was for her to dress as a character named... well... Bonnie! HAHAHAHA I'm pretty sure this was a major joke at the writer's room.
Flag
Of course I'd still watch TVD if Katherine really died. At worst she'd just have to hang out with Bonnie until she could double up or steal Bonnie's resurrection.
Flag
So now Silas is a man-witch again will he be able to match Quetsyiah at all power wise? Theoretically if he's got any real power (which I assume he would because I thought Quetsyiah said they were special/powerful in the flashbacks) he might be able to break the link with Stefan?

Good riddance to Tyler, basically all he and Caroline have done relationship wise in recent memory is have sex on the floor in different places (seriously why didn't they use one of the beds in the dorm room??).

I'm not surprised that Elena didn't tell Damon not to kill Katherine as some viewers were, she hates Katherine (she killed Jeremy etc etc) and Bonnie is/was her best friend. I was surprised that Damon didn't really hesitate in offering her to Silas though as I thought he still cared for her.
Flag
So Silas is a witch Doppleganger? Makes sense I guess
Also, Katherine probably became a vampire again when the cure was out of her system (Did Silas really suck all her blood???) ?
Kill Elena, Katherine needs to stay!!
Flag
I still don't know what happened in this episode. I'm not sure the writers know where all it's going on because the story with Silas and Bonnie is so complicated that the characters had to explain to us three times during the episode!

I agree that the Amnesia Stefan could have been great but they wasted this storyline. He doesn't act like a real amnesiac Stefan will do. Maybe Stefan faked the amnesia, but he wouldn't act like this either.

I'm disappointed with the start of this season, it's sluggish and besides being hot the new characters are still ininteresting (and we're 5 episodes in!). Come on you can do better TVD!

Flag
I miss originals which was way better plot, but now i am glad i can watch The Originals which is great show, anyways i am sure Vampire Diaries will get better when something actually happens that will blow our minds before christams, they always do mid season plot that is great :)
Flag
IT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN CONFIRMED THAT TYLER IS GOING TO NEW ORLEANS
Flag
To get killed like a moron! If that's all he was going to do, he could have hung around Mystic Falls for that.
Flag
I say good riddance. And def not enough to make me watch TO.
Flag
Katherine is selfish, cold, calculating and manipulative and I LOVE her. Whereas Elena is "mostly" compassionate, loving and good and I LOATHE her.

What's wrong with me? Katherine dying would mean the end of TVD for me...
Flag
if they resurrect Bonnie it is the end for me...

Flag
"Elena is molty compassionate" lololol OMG Elena is the worst and you have flawfree taste in hating on her. The only person he is compassionate about is herself,
Flag
First of all I love Katherine, she and Stefan -I don't give a shit- Salvatore are my favorites characters this season. Bonnie and Tyler can drop death for all I care.
Stefan telling Damon that he just want to please Elena was amazing, I love this new Stefan and I hope he stays like that for a long time.
They need to do something with Caroline, pair her with Stefan should be interesting to watch.
I'm still not buying the -I'm your daughter- thing until I see more evidence of that, Nadia could be using this to keep Katherine with her, just as I don't buy the -I went back looking for you- speech, as much as I love Katherine she is a manipulative liar and now that she is human it would be a good idea to have a vampire on her side.
Damon can suck it, there must be other ways to keep your girlfriend happy bro, and Elena ? just watching ? watch how Damon kills a human that can't fight back is something Katherine would do, I guess princess Elena isn't the kind soul she thinks she is.
More+
Flag
I love Katherine. I have a feeling that once she was drained of all her blood she goes back to being a vampire? Like maybe the cure is a temporary thing until you drain all your blood? Anyway I'm so happy she's not dead!
Also Price, I too suddenly realised that I like Elena! I used to hate her with such passion and now I've just realised that I don't. She's been charming, chill and not so much of an idiot! Loving Nina Dobrev.
I'm so glad that Caroline and Tyler broke up, can Klaus come back for Caroline now please <3 Also I Tyler going to rock up in New Orleans and cause havoc now? So many questions! I'm interested by the new blonde boy, I like it when there are humans in the dark, makes the whole you're living with a million monsters reveal so much more fun. Solid season so far!
Flag
Her heart was beating, so I don't think she's a vampire.
Flag
Are we sure that in this show vampires have no heart beat?
Flag
Actually I think they do have a heartbeat in TVD. However that makes sense I don't know but nothing does in this show so...
Flag
I honestly started cheering out lout when Caroline and Tyler broke up! Hehehe!!! Yeap... I'm not sad either! If we can't have a crossover appearance now (with Klaus/Caroline) can we please have AT LEAST a conversation between them... on the phone... where she warns him of Tyler's plan? That would be epic! (I'm mean, aren't? Well... I don't care! :p )
Flag
Hi Price, love your recap as always!

Love Human Katherine too and very much hope she is still human. I don't know why she didn't die - glad of course, and not in the least surprised btw - but I hope there is some convoluted reason and it's *not* that she is either a vampire again or immortal. Katherine with human vulnerabilities is the best. And funny, like you said! And now she's a mom of all things and it's weird but yeah, her scenes with Nadia were great.

Except for stabbing Nadia in public and *nothing* happens, absolutely nothing. No police, no ambulance, no one tries to help Nadia. Nothing. That's just lazy, show.

Silas' plotline still confuses the heck out of me but I don't care to make the effort to understand it. Ketsia too. Everything is about getting back at Silas for dumping her 2,000 years ago?? Hard to feel it. If it were only 1,000 years then yeah, who wouldn't be pissed? But 2,000? Let it go, lady.

Feel better!

Flag
Nadia probably gave her some of her blood preemptively;y just in case her mom got ganked. Voila! Vampire Katherine is back with her foreign daughter in tow!
Flag
That's what I thought, but you don't transition that quickly. I think Damon's reaction to her heartbeat meant she was still human.
Flag
After Elena just stood there while Damon killed Katherine and did nothing I desperately hopes she coughs up a lung and die. All terrible things I wish her way. I would spit on her if I could..
Flag

ok, here's a crazy idea, I think the dopplegangers are the so called anchor, I mean that katsia witch needed something that lasted as long as the other side, and they have been around since the start, that's why I think Katherine didn't die for the sake of balance so, just an idea....
Flag
I think it's the blonde male Elena walking around Whitmore. That's why everyone dies around him, because they covet the anchor the same way they did the doppelganger.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members