A The Vampire Diaries Community
Thursday 8:00 PM on The CW
Discussion
May 15, 2014
The Vampire Diaries: Back From the Other Side

First things first, how many songs titled or related to "the other side" are there? Geez! For the purposes of this discussion, feel free to hum Gary Gray to yourself as you read along.

Anyway...........

As shocking as it was at the time, I think we can all agree that Stefan isn't dead for real dead. The other side is crumbling, ghosts can see each other and interact with the real world. It'll just take a little hocus pocus for Stefan and his hero hair to grace Mystic Falls again.

The real question is, who else do you want to see brought back? It doesn't need to make sense when it comes to the narrative of the show, just characters you want brought back from the dead.

I've left Jenna Sommers and Mason Lockwood off the list since both Sara Canning and Tylor Kinney have permanent ...Read more
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: The Vampire Diaries

Join in on the The Vampire Diaries general show discussion.

Discussion
May 15, 2014
The Vampire Diaries: Back From the Other Side
Poll

First things first, how many songs titled or related to "the other side" are there? Geez! For the purposes of this discussion, feel free to hum Gary Gray to yourself as you read along.

Anyway...........

As shocking as it was at the time, I think we can all agree that Stefan isn't dead for real dead. The other side is crumbling, ghosts can see each other and interact with the real world. It'll just take a little hocus pocus for Stefan and his hero hair to grace Mystic Falls again.

The real question is, who else do you want to see brought back? It doesn't need to make sense when it comes to the narrative of the show, just characters you want brought back from the dead.

I've left Jenna Sommers and Mason Lockwood off the list since both Sara Canning and Tylor Kinney have ...Read more
Discussion
May 06, 2014
ELENA JUST NEEDS TO DIE ALREADY!
I know shes the main character but what they hell is she doing? she is just dumb and always saying to Damon and Stefan that they cant be together like honestly you have two hot ass vampires chasing after you and your just dumping both? omggggg she is honestly starting to get annoying and i'm sick of it. She used to be my favorite character but know i have realized i think i liked Katherine more (Even though shes dead) then her because she actually went for what she wanted instead of playing stupid mind games with both of the brothers. And also on that topic i haven't really noticed this until now but isnt it weird how Stefan and Damon have been having sex with the same girl? and isnt it awkward for Elena? I mean come on girl just choose one already. Actually you know what ...Read more
Discussion
Feb 11, 2014
In Which Season Did The Vampire Diaries Quality Start to Drop? (POLL)
It is no news that The Vampire Diaries is currently in a bit of a rut. @Kaonn7 wrote a great article (go read it if you haven't yet) that covers a lot of the shows problematic creative choices of the current season.

However, a lot of fans believe that the show started losing it's sparkle long before Season 5. Some believe it was around the time showrunner Kevin Williamson left to pursue other projects, others say Elena's transition into a Vampire ruined it all and some are convinced that once The Originals left, so did the excitement.

But you are your own person with your own opinion and you know exactly when you stopped enjoying the show! So I have created this poll to get an idea of when and where you think it all started to go wrong.

Please vote for the season in which you ...
Read more
Discussion
Jan 04, 2014
The Vampire Diaries: The Other Side Spinoff

The elimination of the witch Qetsiyah from the Other Side has thrown the world of the supernatural afterlife into chaos. The Original Kol Mikaelson (Nathaniel Buzolic) and the increasingly unstable Vicki Donavan (Kayla Ewell) lead a dark alliance that seeks a return to the world of the living. The recent successful resurrections of Jeremy Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett lead more followers to their cause every day. Standing in opposition to these dark forces are familiar faces from Mystic Falls led by Alaric Saltzman (Matthew Davis), Alexia “Lexi” Branson (Arielle Kebbel), Rose (Lauren Cohan), and Sheila “Grams” Bennett (Jasmine Guy). As our heroes look to save the living world from the dark supernatural creatures that seek to return and shape the world into one of their liking they also struggle with the implications of a possible end to the Other Side and what might become of their souls afterward. However, the ...
Read more
Discussion
Dec 15, 2013
Megan's connection with Elena's dad.
I think that Megan is Elena's half sister because Elena's dad cheated on her mom and he has been seeing her for so many years before he died. What do you all think?
Discussion
Nov 12, 2013
Are we missing a Silas doppelgänger on The Vampire Diaries?
Recently we were informed (via Tessa who may not be entirely reliable) that every iteration of the Silas and the Petrova doppelgangers have inevitably found one another and ended up together. In her words it is fate that the two will always be soul mates and end up together. This raises several questions with regard to the whole Stefan-Elena-Damon love triangle, but I am much more interested in discussing the missing Silas doppelganger.

Assuming that Tessa is correct, with Katherine and Elena both running around shouldn't there also be two Silas doppelgangers? There are two ways that this could play out if Tessa is correct:

1) Katherine is Stefan's fated doppelganger and Elena's Stefan doppelganger has not yet been found/even maybe born

2) Katherine's Stefan doppelganger was older than her and Stefan is Elena's fated doppelganger.

I think that for the most part that ...Read more
staff
staff
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 10 Season 6
Christmas Through Your Eyes
Airs
Episode 9 Season 6
I Alone
Airs
Episode 8 Season 6
Fade Into You
Aired
Episode 7 Season 6
Do You Remember the First Time?
Aired
Aired
Caroline Forbes
Jenna Sommers
Elena Gilbert/Katherine Pierce
Bonnie Bennett
Jeremy Gilbert

The Vampire Diaries is based on a novel series penned by L.J. Smith where you are given the insight into the diary of 17-year old Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev). Elena and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), live with their Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning). Elena seeks comfort from her familiar social circle – best friend Bonnie (Katerina Graham), frenemy Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola), and former boyfriend Matt Donovan(Zach Roerig, Friday Night Lights). At Mystic Falls High, Elena and her friends become fixated by a mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley, "Fallen"). Stefan and Damon(Ian Somerhalder, Lost) are vampire brothers – one good, one evil – at war for Elena's soul. The Vampire Diaries is from Alloy Entertainment and Bonanza Productions Inc in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.

moreless