Friday 8:00 PM on The CW
Discussion
Nov 30, 2015
episodes
Why there is no episode 8?????
staff
General Show Discussion
Discuss the show: The Vampire Diaries

Join in on the The Vampire Diaries general show discussion.

Discussion
Nov 10, 2015
What we learnt from the past 5 episodes of The Vampire Diaries Season 7
S07E05 “Live Through This” of The Vampire Diaries dropped a couple of huge bombshells on us, forcing us to confront new obstacles in Stefan and Caroline’s relationship and wrap our heads around Bonnie’s future one.

I’d like to take the opportunity to explore all the new questions raised by the latest episode in the context of what we’ve learnt over the past four, and also consider the possibility that the writers might have left us with important clues as to where the series is headed.
First stop, Bonnie and Enzo! Well, if that wasn’t a shell-shocker. I actually saw a theory floating around that Bonnie might have hallucinated their encounter, especially given that somewhere along the way she seems to have lost it and is now in some sort of mental facility. I find this much more likely than the body swap theory where Lily ...Read more
Discussion
Oct 09, 2015
Bonnie or Elena? (POLL)
Here's the thing: the show made the point time and again Damon is getting his girlfriend back. But once Bonnie dies he will never get Bonnie back, ever. This is it, the only few days Damon would ever get to share with Bonnie in what's basically an endless existance without her.

Assuming that he's smart enough to figure out Bonnie is finite, like nothing else - brother, mother, friends, girlfriends, etc. - in his life has ever been before. Why waste the only few days he'll ever get to spend with her? What would you do?

poll
Discussion
May 22, 2015
Which Character is Damon's Actual Best Friend on The Vampire Diaries?

Besties, buddies, BFFs...as easy as it is to spot them on most shows of the genre, it truly gets blury when it comes to The Vampire Diaries.

Where Grimm is clearly invested in Monroe and Nick's friendship and The Walking Dead got famous for the end of Rick & Shane friendship. I can't really tell who is best friends with whom if it weren't for the recaps of the show. So I thought to list the possibilities and let a poll reveal the winners.

3) Damon and Alaric
Their friendship seemed to arise over the fact they were the only male characters in Mystic Falls over 21, so they could go out and drink and complain about the exs like most single male characters do. Then Damon started dating Elena and Alaric sort of started adopting Elena and things got awkward from there.

They have died, come ...Read more
Discussion
Jan 10, 2015
The Salvatore's Problem With Women
For the first time in forever, the brothers are emotionally involved with 2 different women. It's no suprise then how neither one of those connections have grown beyond platonic or that the brothers haven't owned their feelings towards these women themselves. So I thought it could be interesting to discuss the Salvatore's problem with women.

Stefan and Caroline
I could start with her status as ex-girlfriend's friend, her unresolved father issues, the reality they are both, technically, dead and so on. But the real issue for me is that, despite all Caroline has done, for Stefan's ex-girlfriend, for his brother, for him - long before she even developed feelings for him - Stefan can't even spare her one ounce of suffering.

Stefan has seen her, counted on her, welcomed her feelings for him, but he has never been able to spare Caroline one tear, one hour ...Read more
Discussion
May 15, 2014
The Vampire Diaries: Back From the Other Side

First things first, how many songs titled or related to "the other side" are there? Geez! For the purposes of this discussion, feel free to hum Gary Gray to yourself as you read along.

Anyway...........

As shocking as it was at the time, I think we can all agree that Stefan isn't dead for real dead. The other side is crumbling, ghosts can see each other and interact with the real world. It'll just take a little hocus pocus for Stefan and his hero hair to grace Mystic Falls again.

The real question is, who else do you want to see brought back? It doesn't need to make sense when it comes to the narrative of the show, just characters you want brought back from the dead.

I've left Jenna Sommers and Mason Lockwood off the list since both Sara Canning and Tylor Kinney have permanent ...Read more
Discussion
May 15, 2014
The Vampire Diaries: Back From the Other Side
Poll

First things first, how many songs titled or related to "the other side" are there? Geez! For the purposes of this discussion, feel free to hum Gary Gray to yourself as you read along.

Anyway...........

As shocking as it was at the time, I think we can all agree that Stefan isn't dead for real dead. The other side is crumbling, ghosts can see each other and interact with the real world. It'll just take a little hocus pocus for Stefan and his hero hair to grace Mystic Falls again.

The real question is, who else do you want to see brought back? It doesn't need to make sense when it comes to the narrative of the show, just characters you want brought back from the dead.

I've left Jenna Sommers and Mason Lockwood off the list since both Sara Canning and Tylor Kinney have ...Read more
Discussion
May 06, 2014
ELENA JUST NEEDS TO DIE ALREADY!
I know shes the main character but what they hell is she doing? she is just dumb and always saying to Damon and Stefan that they cant be together like honestly you have two hot ass vampires chasing after you and your just dumping both? omggggg she is honestly starting to get annoying and i'm sick of it. She used to be my favorite character but know i have realized i think i liked Katherine more (Even though shes dead) then her because she actually went for what she wanted instead of playing stupid mind games with both of the brothers. And also on that topic i haven't really noticed this until now but isnt it weird how Stefan and Damon have been having sex with the same girl? and isnt it awkward for Elena? I mean come on girl just choose one already. Actually you know what ...Read more
Discussion
Feb 11, 2014
In Which Season Did The Vampire Diaries Quality Start to Drop? (POLL)
It is no news that The Vampire Diaries is currently in a bit of a rut. @Kaonn7 wrote a great article (go read it if you haven't yet) that covers a lot of the shows problematic creative choices of the current season.

However, a lot of fans believe that the show started losing it's sparkle long before Season 5. Some believe it was around the time showrunner Kevin Williamson left to pursue other projects, others say Elena's transition into a Vampire ruined it all and some are convinced that once The Originals left, so did the excitement.

But you are your own person with your own opinion and you know exactly when you stopped enjoying the show! So I have created this poll to get an idea of when and where you think it all started to go wrong.

Please vote for the season in which you ...
Read more
Follow this Show
Members
Episode 22 Season 7
Gods & Monsters
Aired
Episode 21 Season 7
Requiem for a Dream
Aired
Episode 20 Season 7
Kill 'Em All
Aired
Episode 19 Season 7
Somebody That I Used to Know
Aired
Episode 18 Season 7
One Way or Another
Aired
Stefan Salvatore
Damon Salvatore
Bonnie Bennett
Caroline Forbes
Matt Donovan

The Vampire Diaries is based on a novel series penned by L.J. Smith where you are given the insight into the diary of 17-year old Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev). Elena and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen), live with their Aunt Jenna (Sara Canning). Elena seeks comfort from her familiar social circle – best friend Bonnie (Katerina Graham), frenemy Caroline Forbes (Candice Accola), and former boyfriend Matt Donovan(Zach Roerig, Friday Night Lights). At Mystic Falls High, Elena and her friends become fixated by a mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley, "Fallen"). Stefan and Damon(Ian Somerhalder, Lost) are vampire brothers – one good, one evil – at war for Elena's soul. The Vampire Diaries is from Alloy Entertainment and Bonanza Productions Inc in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.

moreless