The Vampire Diaries

Down The Rabbit Hole

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Feb 14, 2013 on The CW

7.8
  • Will they probably just leave Shane down there?

Is there anything sexier than someone using their brains rather than brawn to get things done in Mystic Falls? I suppose we can't really say because its such a rare occurrence but Klaus was fun tonight and he did manage to justify his determination to kill Tyler, and I found myself agreeing with him slightly, when you piss off and then mock a very powerful creature who is as close to immortal as it got before Silas wakes up, you have to assume that you're in trouble when he gets free.

I found Elena irritating simply because of her assumption that everyone was on the novia scotia answer to Lost for her, at that point the only person who was there for her was Damon, everyone had their own agenda and plans for the cure, save Jeremy who wasn't really given an option about switching location for the weekly massacre. However she did decide due to exclusivity of the cure that she could probably give being a vampire a go. It was very mature of her and I don't think people give her enough credit any time she moves on or makes an adult decision, after all she handled the slow extermination of her entire immediate family with grace and determination, although I'm guessing that come next week if Jeremy is dead, Katherine won't be the only one going out of her mind. Honestly I'm surprised both Gilbert's haven't declared 'Peace I'm out' and closed the door on reality long before this. They're teenagers for crying out loud and theoretically there should only be so much they can handle.

Rebekkah and Klaus teaming up was good, I love it when the Original siblings work together and I'm glad she was pissed off that Elena only needed to hold Stefan's hand for him to toss her the cure, it must be frustrating to be a female supernatural in Mystic Falls and to know that no matter what you have to take second place to Elena.

I'm pretty sure that Damon's actions and his and Elena's fight means that the writers are prepping their break-up which will piss off all fans of that ship, and me slightly too, come on, you couldn't give them one season together?

With regards to the cure, my money's on Damon getting it shoved down his throat because of the irony of the situation, he's the only one who admittedly enjoys being a vampire.