The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

4x01 Growing pains Episode Discussion.

stanmorne

[1]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 6

So then, Season 4 premiere aired.. What do you guys think of it, and will this season be any good??

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jstitely1

[2]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 12

I thought it was decent. I appreciated that when they were locked up Elena and Stefan weren't even thinking that Bonnie was trying to help them. (Because really when do Bonnie's spells work when they are benefiting others). I liked how quickly they brought Klaus back, but Michael Trevino actually did a decent job (yes I was surprised) haha. I also like that Caroline was able to figure out it was Klaus and not Tyler pretty quickly. However, that scene still annoys me because has there been a scene between Tyler and Caroline where they haven't been having sex, Tyler trying to outcompete Klaus, or making out since season 2? It feels like that relationship has been completley ruined to me. Feel free to give me info where that hasn't happened because I would love to watch those scenes

Also didn't like Stefan going back to old steffie, but hey we can't have everything we want. Overall, I liked the premiere, love Damon's hair this season as well

stanmorne

[3]Oct 14, 2012
    jstitely1 wrote:

I thought it was decent. I appreciated that when they were locked up Elena and Stefan weren't even thinking that Bonnie was trying to help them. (Because really when do Bonnie's spells work when they are benefiting others). I liked how quickly they brought Klaus back, but Michael Trevino actually did a decent job (yes I was surprised) haha. I also like that Caroline was able to figure out it was Klaus and not Tyler pretty quickly. However, that scene still annoys me because has there been a scene between Tyler and Caroline where they haven't been having sex, Tyler trying to outcompete Klaus, or making out since season 2? It feels like that relationship has been completley ruined to me. Feel free to give me info where that hasn't happened because I would love to watch those scenes

Also didn't like Stefan going back to old steffie, but hey we can't have everything we want. Overall, I liked the premiere, love Damon's hair this season as well

Yeah I agree, think it is a good start. I'm still wondering wat's up with the Grams dying twice? Yeah I can't help you with that scene you are looking for either.. But Caroline is still awesome, also liked her being smart and all.. I'm also happy about Damon's new 'I don't give a damn' attitude! Steffie back to 100% season1 and I don't get how they can be the season 1 couple so quick :0, probably forgot all about stefan killings and ripper days, because that happened wayy back.. lol.

MacAttac

[4]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 9
    The ep is ok. I really did not want Elena to become a vampire at all. I wanted her to eventually forget about both of the Salvatore brothers and move on with her life. Though I did like seeing Grams again.

jstitely1

[5]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 12

stanmorne wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

Yeah I agree, think it is a good start. I'm still wondering wat's up with the Grams dying twice? Yeah I can't help you with that scene you are looking for either.. But Caroline is still awesome, also liked her being smart and all.. I'm also happy about Damon's new 'I don't give a damn' attitude! Steffie back to 100% season1 and I don't get how they can be the season 1 couple so quick :0, probably forgot all about stefan killings and ripper days, because that happened wayy back.. lol.

I think there is going to be some sort of storyline about ghosts, but then the afterlife. like maybe they are two different things, when they are ghosts they can like interact and see those who they were involved with in their lifetime. Maybe Grams "dying" again will prevent that from happening.

Another question what was going on at the end with the priest setting the house on fire? I had originally thought he was being compelled to do that which would kill everybody because we saw the hand thing earlier. but some have said it has to do with a ghost storyline. If anyone knows please let me know

firedrakes

[6]Oct 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    not dying. gram most likely got lock out of speaking to here from beyond the grave .

if you notice bonnie when getting the dark power issue. remind me of the secret circle demons

haldrey

[7]Oct 17, 2012
    • level: 22
    Not an OK episode, it was just great, Elena is finally a vampire!!

Justlikeheaven_

[8]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 33
    I really enjoyed this episode a lot. It was a great start to the season. I don't know about anyone else, but i really found all the scenes of Elena/Stefan/Rebekah locked up very enjoyable. Especially the scene when Elena and Stefan were telling each other how much they meant to each other. Not because they did that, but because Rebekah's reaction to the whole thing was great. Totally think that was the reason she went out of her way to not let Elena die. I am really looking forward to seeing how Elena is now that she is a vampire.

Kitanishi

[9]Oct 19, 2012
    • level: 9
    From what I caught of this episode on other sources(could not be bothered to watch it on tv when it aired), it was even more horrible and twilight-ish than I expected. And Nina Dobrev, the girl seriously needs acting lessons, her whole "omg I am dead, nawwww" speech looked more like she is upset that someone spilled coffee on her bed than that she is, well, dead.

The rest of episode was usual TVD-style filler that does not matter - Council(that stopped being scary or interesting 2 seasons ago) pretending to be relevant, Elena pretending that she is a character, serial-killer-rapist-salvatore-bros making it all about them and love triangle, as well as a buttload of illogical tvd-style thinking.

Gods, I am so done with this trainwreck.

stanmorne

[10]Oct 20, 2012
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    I really enjoyed this episode a lot. It was a great start to the season. I don't know about anyone else, but i really found all the scenes of Elena/Stefan/Rebekah locked up very enjoyable. Especially the scene when Elena and Stefan were telling each other how much they meant to each other. Not because they did that, but because Rebekah's reaction to the whole thing was great. Totally think that was the reason she went out of her way to not let Elena die. I am really looking forward to seeing how Elena is now that she is a vampire.

Yeah I agree, and I felt so sorry for bex there!! actually hope the mabekah thing happens.