The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Am I the only one...

zimba05

[1]May 25, 2012
    • level: 12

... who dosen´t like Elena? I don´t want her with Damon OR Stefan, because they both deserve better than her. I think she is selfish little girl who dosen´t know what or who she wants.

And what´s up with the fact that she needs to be saved all the time, and everyone is forced to sacrifice to make sure she is safe? Bonnie´s mother was turned into a vampire, Stefan was forced to go with Klaus and so on and so on.

Before everyone starts sending me hate mail, remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion and that there is no need to get nasty.

Edited on 05/25/2012 3:57am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[2]May 25, 2012
    • level: 13
    You are not the only one...this I am sure of...

zimba05

[3]May 25, 2012

Good to know. Feels like everyone loves that little lady...

jstitely1

[4]May 25, 2012

zimba05 wrote:

I'm one who goes back and forth. I feel like in the beggining they had so much potential with her if they had given her a bit more personality. While the storytelling got better in the beggining of season 2, her character got worse in order for her to be turned into the vulnerable dopelganger. Sometimes I like her when she shows a side of her that is semi reasonable or relatable, but some of her decisions and actions are pretty bad. Such as after 3x14 when she hurt Damon's feelings and she knows it, she tries to call him 10 times yet won't apologize to him.now maybe some will argue he didn't need one, but after that she gets all upset that he has slept with rebekah as if he is her property. Little things like that get to me about her, I don't know if anyone watches Gossip Girl here, but she is almost the Dan Humphrey of this show acts like they are the morally right character, but in essence really are not.

Kitanishi

[5]May 25, 2012
    • level: 9
    zimba05 wrote:

Huge part of literate fanbase despises her. Miss Cardboard is a prime example of mary sue. Bella Swan brought to tv screens.

I despise her with all my heart, personally. She was decent in Season One when the show was at its highest quality and then something went HORRIBLY wrong since the very start of S2. And it got worse and worse. She has no flaws, she is so caring, she is the damn messiah and everyone worships her and wants to die for her. There's no character, no growth, no personality. She is just an object,a piece of furniture, a lamp post, a cardboard box.
    Edited on 05/25/2012 12:15pm

zimba05

[6]May 25, 2012

Kitanishi wrote:
    zimba05 wrote:

Huge part of literate fanbase despises her. Miss Cardboard is a prime example of mary sue. Bella Swan brought to tv screens. I despise her with all my heart, personally. She was decent in Season One when the show was at its highest quality and then something went HORRIBLY wrong since the very start of S2. And it got worse and worse. She has no flaws, she is so caring, she is the damn messiah and everyone worships her and wants to die for her. There's no character, no growth, no personality. She is just an object,a piece of furniture, a lamp post, a cardboard box.

Oh yes, thank you! This is exactly how I feel about her. I really don´t get why the writers of the show are writing her like this... I rather watch Bonnie then I watch her.

zimba05

[7]May 25, 2012

jstitely1 wrote:

zimba05 wrote:

I'm one who goes back and forth. I feel like in the beggining they had so much potential with her if they had given her a bit more personality. While the storytelling got better in the beggining of season 2, her character got worse in order for her to be turned into the vulnerable dopelganger. Sometimes I like her when she shows a side of her that is semi reasonable or relatable, but some of her decisions and actions are pretty bad. Such as after 3x14 when she hurt Damon's feelings and she knows it, she tries to call him 10 times yet won't apologize to him.now maybe some will argue he didn't need one, but after that she gets all upset that he has slept with rebekah as if he is her property. Little things like that get to me about her, I don't know if anyone watches Gossip Girl here, but she is almost the Dan Humphrey of this show acts like they are the morally right character, but in essence really are not.

Yes! Getting upset that he slept with someone else. She dosen´t want him, or maybe she does, but still, god forbid he touches another girl. Gah! She want´s him sitting somewhere, pining over her or something.

stanmorne

[8]May 27, 2012
    • level: 6
    jstitely1 wrote:

zimba05 wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself

zimba05

[9]May 27, 2012

stanmorne wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

zimba05 wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself

Laughing Agreed.

angrodpallanen

[10]May 29, 2012
    • level: 22

I really hated her the first couple of seasons but when she started fighting with Alaric she showed some potential. Later on when she started evaluating herself it got better too. Plus it felt like the characters around her started to realise how dumb she was. I'm incredibly happy she's turned into a vampire now. I can't wait to see what she's going to be like. For Dobrev, it will definitely give her something to toy with.

Kitanishi

[11]May 29, 2012
    angrodpallanen wrote:

I really hated her the first couple of seasons but when she started fighting with Alaric she showed some potential. Later on when she started evaluating herself it got better too. Plus it felt like the characters around her started to realise how dumb she was. I'm incredibly happy she's turned into a vampire now. I can't wait to see what she's going to be like. For Dobrev, it will definitely give her something to toy with.

For me it was opposite. I LOVED her first few episodes when she actually was independent, thought for herself and had some character. Then withe very episode she got worse and worse till by S3 I plainly wanted to strangle her every time the damn bella swan of tv shows was on screen.

Considering Katherine is incredibly boring and bland and now has no differences form ELena, I guess Elena will remain equally boring and bland.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[12]May 29, 2012
    Kitanishi wrote:
    angrodpallanen wrote:

For me it was opposite. I LOVED her first few episodes when she actually was independent, thought for herself and had some character. Then withe very episode she got worse and worse till by S3 I plainly wanted to strangle her every time the damn bella swan of tv shows was on screen.

Considering Katherine is incredibly boring and bland and now has no differences form ELena, I guess Elena will remain equally boring and bland.

With Elena being a vamp I think that Katherine days are numbered. Doesn't make much sense to have two of them.

Kitanishi

[13]May 29, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

With Elena being a vamp I think that Katherine days are numbered. Doesn't make much sense to have two of them.

They are about to bring in Tatia, since its already pretty much confirmed she will appear in S4...

And with all due respect, the sensible thing if this was sensible show, WOULD have been to have both of them. Katherine by idea SHOULD HAVE been Elena's FOIL.

jstitely1

[14]May 29, 2012

Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    They are about to bring in Tatia, since its already pretty much confirmed she will appear in S4... And with all due respect, the sensible thing if this was sensible show, WOULD have been to have both of them. Katherine by idea SHOULD HAVE been Elena's FOIL.

I also saw an interview where it said Katherine was coming back for season 4 as well, so i think your idea of Katherine dying is either right, or Tatia is only in flashbacks.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[15]May 29, 2012
    jstitely1 wrote:

Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    They are about to bring in Tatia, since its already pretty much confirmed she will appear in S4... And with all due respect, the sensible thing if this was sensible show, WOULD have been to have both of them. Katherine by idea SHOULD HAVE been Elena's FOIL.

I also saw an interview where it said Katherine was coming back for season 4 as well, so i think your idea of Katherine dying is either right, or Tatia is only in flashbacks.

Agreed!

Having three dopplegangers all together is a little much...