The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Better Than Twilight?

presario111

[21]May 16, 2010
    • level: 5

this shows lead charecters seem to be alot more mature. in twilight they act like not having eachother to love is the worst thing in the world were in this one yes theyd get depressed over it but im sure theyd find a way to move on. i gatta say if i ever met the twilight chick and the TVD chick the same night id def go for the TVD girl cuz she has a personality were the other girl id be so bored id be pulling my hair out. but this show is actually far from my favorite vampire show. True blood is better for the vampire aspect. And Hellisng ultimate (if u dont know what that is then u dont know a good vamp show if it hit u in the face) is my favorite

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Rubber_Face

[22]May 18, 2010
    • level: 14

Well,

First of All,

You got to remember now,

Twilight is a Movie Saga Series with 4 year chapters or maybe a 5th year, not a Tv Series lasting about 5 or 8 years with Seasons playing on Tv as a Tv Show. You should know Twilight is in the same line as Lost Boys Movie Saga Series, and not The Vampire Diaries. Great! Because Twilight & Lost Boys are both theater run Young Vampire Movie. If they ever did make Twilight into Tv Series Run? It will be a totally different story than as Movie Saga Series. Well, The Vampire Diaries is more better than Twilight. It's because it's a Tv Series playing on Tv with more time by years over Season by Season, more Action and more Twisted & Turns. This also replys samething with True Boold as well, also playing as Tv Series on Tv with more time by years over Season by Season, more Action and more Twisted & Turns. You should know The Vampire Diaries & True Blood are both in the same line as Young Vampire Tv Series playing on Tv. So Why? What is the reason comparing a Movie Run to a Tv Series Run for! You know a Tv Series Sci-Fi Action will come out be alot better than a Movie Run, over the years going by Season by Season. I've to say here, The Vampire Diaries knocked Twilight out ofthe water during the 2nd Quarter of the Series with their First Season. Forget True Blood, Weal ready know it's beats Twilight and knocked itoutof thewater. And top it here, even the Lost Boys Movie Saga beats Twilight and knocked it out of the water for being into the same line as em.

chick2508

[23]May 21, 2010
    • level: 3
    I loved the Twilight movies but I love the Vampire Diaries more, as said above the actors are much more better than the actors or Twilight and story lines are much more different.

cephun

[24]May 22, 2010
    • level: 5

buffy and angel are better than both.

the only thing i like about twilight was the werewolves and their history. the shiny vampires who always go to high school was just silly. high school was bad enough the first time. why damn yourself in eternal hell by doing it over and over. it'd be one thing if they enjoyed it and participated in social activities, but they just go to school to brood and look emo. on top of just giving people awkwardly long stares.give me a freakin' break. i want blade,buffy, and van helsing to make a visit to their town and put an end to the emo-sparkly-hot topic-fest.

tvd started out lame as hell, but once they got together the story moved along fast.but i wish they would stop killing the the cameos. i liked kelly hu,jasmine guy, and gina torres's characters, but they all died abruptly.

Edited on 05/22/2010 4:13pm

ionee24

[25]May 28, 2010
    • level: 32

cephun wrote:

buffy and angel are better than both.

I'm not sure when The Vampire Diaries or Twilight books were written but they always strike me like the fanfiction version of Buffy and Angel' relationshop or a romantisized version of the Spike/Buffy/Angel love triangle, the description of the world, the characters and romance in general is like a more femenine approach of Whedon's heroine that instead to fight the vampiresdecides to date them.

Edited on 05/28/2010 9:59pm

KamakaLo

[26]May 31, 2010
    • level: 22
    I'm so happy to hear that this show goes beyond the love triangle thing! woohoo! I only saw the first episode and plan on watching the rest this summer so I'm glad I have something to look forward to now and that it is better than twilight... Everyone keeps saying its good

I've seen both Twilight movies and they are okay but a lot of things bug me about it. It will never be as good as Buffy, Angel, True Blood or even this show. Twilight is overrated and always will be. I can't stand how their vamps sparkle and how its all about the love.

gamrgrl007

[27]May 31, 2010
    • level: 10
    KamakaLo wrote:
    I'm so happy to hear that this show goes beyond the love triangle thing! woohoo! I only saw the first episode and plan on watching the rest this summer so I'm glad I have something to look forward to now and that it is better than twilight... Everyone keeps saying its good

I've seen both Twilight movies and they are okay but a lot of things bug me about it. It will never be as good as Buffy, Angel, True Blood or even this show. Twilight is overrated and always will be. I can't stand how their vamps sparkle and how its all about the love.

Don't think you'll be disappointed. There's no asinine love triangle in TVD yet, definitely nothing like Edward-loves-Bella-loves-Edward-WTF is Jacob doing. And yeah, though the love story of Elena-Stefan starts the series off, it's hardly the centre-point after the first couple of eppies. So enjoy!

hueyf

[28]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 6

VD is way better than twilight with better acting. And its on tv, just imagine if it was made into a movie. Itll blow twilight out the water

sfinn85

[29]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 3
    'TVD' beats 'Twilight' in every department by a LANDSLIDE!!!!

I treated the first few episodes as an introduction to the characters and general storyline and was completely hooked by Episode 4. It's been a very long time since a TV show has managed to keep my attention without coming across as cheesy.

Can't wait to own it on DVD and I also can't wait until Season 2 starts.

Michellexx

[30]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 8

when ever i watch twilight or TVD for me it always comes back to buffy and angel which is prettytypical because i think they are one of thegreatest characters ever made

I love how the vampire diaries are a tv show instead of a movie like the twilight saga because for me the twilight movies are sh!t i have red books and the movie doesn't do it just. Though i don't think it would do well in a tv series either, it wouldn't have a standing chance against TVD because TVD wins hands down.

i seems like forever since i have watched a new show and got hooked on it and the vampire diaries did it straight away for me. The actors like alot of people are saying are way better at there job i also love in the vampire diaries that the lead girl isn't alway useless Elena can hold her own (though sometimes she does need saving) unlike Bella who seems like she is ways in trouble. Also not to mention that Ian and Paul are wayyy better looking than RobPattinson

Edited on 06/18/2010 7:24pm

123babydragon

[31]Jun 18, 2010

The Vampire Diaries are is an amazing show to watch. I enjoy watching the show so much the characters, story plots, and actor are incredible. The only comparison between The Vampire Diaries and Twilight is the Vampire and Werewolf theme. Twilight just suck period as a movie. the books might be better I wouldn't know because I never read them. However The Vampire Diaries VS. Twilight there is no competition because The Vampire Diaries kick Twilight A$$ every time. No question asked

gamrgrl007

[32]Jun 19, 2010
    Michellexx wrote:

The actors like alot of people are saying are way better at there job i also love in the vampire diaries that the lead girl isn't alway useless Elena can hold her own (though sometimes she does need saving) unlike Bella who seems like she is ways in trouble. Also not to mention that Ian and Paul are wayyy better looking than RobPattinson

Yeah, the casting is making the entire difference. TVD's cast, not just Ian / Paul / Nina, but the whole lot of them are super-hot and rock the show, like Bonnie / Jeremy / Isobel / Uncle John / Anna / Alaric / Caroline or even smaller roles like Aunt Jenna / Pearl / Sheriff Forbes - amazing chemistry between all of them, everything feels authentic. And everyone is equally bad-ass, including 'good' hero Stefan & 'good' heroine 'Elena'. No one's perfect or goody-goody, and that's what keeps it real.

The cast & acting ruined Twilight for me long before I lost the plot. It obsesses about HOW attractive Edward is way, wayyyyyy tooo much. He's dazzled by himself even before the townsfolk. Damon is also supposed to be super-attractive (and he IS!), and even though he uses it to his advantage, his self-deprecation about it keeps it 'bearable'. Stefan, of course, is far too modest

JohnSderstr

[33]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 4

I agree , this serie is better then the first 2 movies of twilight. and vampire diaries is not excktly like twilight they may have som insperation but they are not alike.

bdancer99

[34]Jun 19, 2010
    • level: 11

i like the twilight books better, but not the movies

babywillow78

[35]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 2

I love them both, but i have to say that the Vampire Diaries books suck compared to the show. The show is a million times better because of the actors, the plots are better written, and ALL the characters of the show are incredible. None of them is replaceable. Damon is everybody's favorite and i don't remember loving a character this way since Anne Rice's Lestat...

Brunte81

[36]Jul 24, 2010

TVD have better story, characters and it feels more real then Twilight.

For me Twilight is like Avatar, huge hype that makes some people go crazy and blind. They have all the focus on the nice looking guys in the movie and they can't see how bad the story is. And most Twilight fans comes from the books and all over the world. It might have more fans, but it don't make the movies better. They suck like Avatar. YES I don't like it.

TVD is a TV show, so it also have more time to change into better in every episode. Twilight can't.

Still I liked Vampires long before these two... so ofc I have both the movies and this show. ^^ But I like TVD more.

Edited on 07/24/2010 3:39am

gamrgrl007

[37]Jul 25, 2010
    Brunte81 wrote:

For me Twilight is like Avatar, huge hype that makes some people go crazy and blind. They have all the focus on the nice looking guys in the movie and they can't see how bad the story is. And most Twilight fans comes from the books and all over the world. It might have more fans, but it don't make the movies better. They suck like Avatar. YES I don't like it.

I totally agree on the Avatar issue. Most people said they liked Avatar coz they were 'supposed' to like it, thanks to the hype, coz if you said you didn't like that piece of 'deep, intense art' you'd get side-eyes from all around. It was an okay movie, on the lamer side, one-time watch, but hardly a trailblazer like it's been made out to be. Twilight, of course, was never supposed to be the 'thinking man's' movie like Avatar, so in that sense it's not pompous and obnoxious. It's a teen flick, and that way, it has a loyal teen (and some berserk teen-moms) audience. It's like a boyband - it doesn't need substance to be popular. It could've easily been more entertaining with a more in-tune, exciting, steamy lead couple and less moralistic pretentiousness, like the TVD, which really has thrown all caution to the wind.

Dammy2

[38]Aug 5, 2010

KingofIPirates wrote:
    I found the Twilight movies horrendous especially the second movie.
    defo with you on thta 1 ! 1st twilight was good, 2nd was was jst-- boring and the third - rocked ! love the twilight books buh this show is better than d movie, well maybe nt the 3rd movie for em ..yet

twilight - MOVIE

V.d - SHOW

there is a difference in them none the less

Edited on 08/05/2010 5:22am

Dammy2

[39]Aug 5, 2010
    Rubber_Face wrote:

Well,

First of All,

You got to remember now,

Twilight is a Movie Saga Series with 4 year chapters or maybe a 5th year, not a Tv Series lasting about 5 or 8 years with Seasons playing on Tv as a Tv Show. You should know Twilight is in the same line as Lost Boys Movie Saga Series, and not The Vampire Diaries. Great! Because Twilight & Lost Boys are both theater run Young Vampire Movie. If they ever did make Twilight into Tv Series Run? It will be a totally different story than as Movie Saga Series. Well, The Vampire Diaries is more better than Twilight. It's because it's a Tv Series playing on Tv with more time by years over Season by Season, more Action and more Twisted & Turns. This also replys samething with True Boold as well, also playing as Tv Series on Tv with more time by years over Season by Season, more Action and more Twisted & Turns. You should know The Vampire Diaries & True Blood are both in the same line as Young Vampire Tv Series playing on Tv. So Why? What is the reason comparing a Movie Run to a Tv Series Run for! You know a Tv Series Sci-Fi Action will come out be alot better than a Movie Run, over the years going by Season by Season. I've to say here, The Vampire Diaries knocked Twilight out ofthe water during the 2nd Quarter of the Series with their First Season. Forget True Blood, Weal ready know it's beats Twilight and knocked itoutof thewater. And top it here, even the Lost Boys Movie Saga beats Twilight and knocked it out of the water for being into the same line as em.

very well said !

greysanatomy12

[40]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 16

The Vampire Diaries is WAY better than Twilight.