The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Better Than Twilight?

jstitely1

[41]Aug 5, 2010
    • level: 12

yes there is a difference between what type of thing they are doing(movie and show), but that doesn't mean necesarilly that just because tvd is a show that it was going to be better. it just was. and actually the fact that it is a show could actually have hurt it, but they did it right. becuz it wasn't a movie it had to decide if it wanted to do just stuff from the books and elaborate or add new stuff, and what new stuff would they add. also, tvd is way better as everyone has said in terms of acting and plot. i mean kristen stewart is being paid 20 million for the next 2 twilight movies and she can't act at all. the movies have such a huge budget but they still dont c ome across as that good. while, tvd has a smaller budget because its a tv show and they still manage to come out with good effects, good acting, and good writing every week, which for me makes the show and prooves in terms of quality that i really like tvd better.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sunnykimmy

[42]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 7

I love the twilight books, I read them because I thought there was more to the saga than the movies showed, so basically I thought the twilight movies were just ok. I love the Vampire Diaries show so I don't feel the need to read the books. I guess I'm afraid it will ruin my good opinion of the VD in general.

LaceyW

[43]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 2

TVD is way way way better.

I don't hate twilight (though the second movie and fourth book were both dreadful), but compared to TVD it is stupid and gay(i don't think swearing is allowed here so stupid and gay have to do)

For me it's the vampire mythology and theCHARACTERS, something missing from twilight is any of the characters actually having an even remotely interesting personality.

sunnykimmy

[44]Sep 25, 2010
    • level: 7

I really didn't know in which forum to put this so I decided on this one.

I was thinking about the latest episode of supernatural when I realized why some shows are better than others,why The Vampire Diaries and supernatural are among my favourite shows. Then it hit me: The Vampire Diaries drops a new twist almost before you get used to the last one. The writers make sure that we don't get too comfortable, it stays unpredictble,but at the same time it doesn't feel rushed/afgejast.

Because if I compare shows like The VD and Supernatural to Medium,another one of my favourites, I find that the reason why I'm more psyched for the first two is because Medium is a comfortable show. It's great but there aren't a lot of twists and turns when it comes to the stars of the show.That's why The VD is doing so great and that's why up til now so has Supernatural. I also think a series like that(one that's not comfortble) is the hardest to keep interesting because the moment the combination of everything,the formula isn't right, theshow has a problem. I just hope Supernatural doesn't have a problem and that The VD keeps on going strong.

Dec1964

[45]Dec 7, 2012
    • level: 32

100% Better Than Twilight & Then Some.

abdulay31

[46]Jan 14, 2013
    • level: 5
    I like both the book and Movie of Twilight as it is the main thing that draw me to TVD and at first there was the initial similarities like Elena's discovery and the love triangle but TVD is far better in ovrall and depicts the Vampire mythology in more interesting way.