The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Books Are Better

  • Avatar of BadWolf_35

    BadWolf_35

    [1]Feb 26, 2010
    • member since: 04/12/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 163

    Okay, I posted a few comments on other forum topicsthat people might agrue back at, so I made this topic to find out if anyone agrees with me that the show is too far away from the books that it is just sad to watch. It may just be because I read the books first, but its still my opinion.


    And to all the people who haven't read the books I suggest they do so. Dont worry its not hard to get past the cliches.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DegrassiFan619

    DegrassiFan619

    [2]Feb 26, 2010
    • member since: 12/21/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,016
    The show isn't supposed to be exactly like the books.. They decided to take a different route.

    Just because it's not the same, doesn't mean it's bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MegLeblanc

    MegLeblanc

    [3]Feb 26, 2010
    • member since: 02/27/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BadWolf_35

    BadWolf_35

    [4]Feb 26, 2010
    • member since: 04/12/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 163
    MegLeblanc wrote:

    The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.



    Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her.
    I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dec1964

    Dec1964

    [5]Feb 8, 2013
    • member since: 12/05/09
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 740

    BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:


    The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.


    Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her. I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.



    Meredith was in a couple of episode's now she has gone.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [6]Feb 8, 2013
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    Dec1964 wrote:


    BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:


    The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.


    Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her. I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.



    Meredith was in a couple of episode's now she has gone.





    She's coming back, according to Paul Wesley her and Stefan even have scenes together.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dec1964

    Dec1964

    [7]Feb 15, 2013
    • member since: 12/05/09
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 740

    jstitely1 wrote:


    Dec1964 wrote:


    BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:


    The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.


    Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her. I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.



    Meredith was in a couple of episode's now she has gone.





    She's coming back, according to Paul Wesley her and Stefan even have scenes together.




    Well thats really good news.

    Edited on 02/15/2013 12:57pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.