The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Books Are Better

BadWolf_35

[1]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 14

Okay, I posted a few comments on other forum topicsthat people might agrue back at, so I made this topic to find out if anyone agrees with me that the show is too far away from the books that it is just sad to watch. It may just be because I read the books first, but its still my opinion.

And to all the people who haven't read the books I suggest they do so. Dont worry its not hard to get past the cliches.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DegrassiFan619

[2]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 10
    The show isn't supposed to be exactly like the books.. They decided to take a different route.

Just because it's not the same, doesn't mean it's bad.

MegLeblanc

[3]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 1

The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.

BadWolf_35

[4]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 14
    MegLeblanc wrote:

The Books are great, not going to disagree with you there, but the show is also very good. I like that there different, you have the original (the books) and then you have a more modern twist with the shows. Honestly if they did it exactly like the book it wouldn't be a hit like it is now, I couldn't stand Elena in the books. Also Jeremy is much better suited for the series instead of the 4 year old kid? I dont remember her age. The Bonnie on the show is Bonnie &Meredith put into one.

Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her.
    I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.

Dec1964

[5]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 35

BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:

Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her. I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.

Meredith was in a couple of episode's now she has gone.

jstitely1

[6]Feb 8, 2013
    • level: 12

Dec1964 wrote:

BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:

Ah thats why Meredith isnt in there.. shame I liked her. I honestly didnt like Elena in the books much either.

She's coming back, according to Paul Wesley her and Stefan even have scenes together.

Dec1964

[7]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 35

jstitely1 wrote:

Dec1964 wrote:

BadWolf_35 wrote:
    MegLeblanc wrote:

She's coming back, according to Paul Wesley her and Stefan even have scenes together.

Well thats really good news.

Edited on 02/15/2013 12:57pm