The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Books Vs TV Show (possible spoilers)

Ajclannachan

[1]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 8

I was just wondering of those people who have read the Vampire Diaries books feel about the tv show and how it has been presented and what stories you would like to see played out in the TV show.

***SPOILER***

I put my points in spoiler tags just in-case someone stumbles onto this topic as this is the very first post. So those of you who don't want to be possibly spoiled turn back now.

So please post as I would love to read peoples point of view as regards to the books and the TV show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Vamp213

[2]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 3
    Yah that was very strange maybe there gonna add merdiath* later on in the show and i Do hope they show the interest between them it would be so cute

Ajclannachan

[3]Dec 2, 2009

I think at this point they cant make Caroline into a bad person and add a new best friend who hasn't been seen or talked about in any episodes. Caroline in the book turns on Elena cause she thinks she stole Stephan from her and the title of queen of the school. In the show Elena is by no means the popular girl and Stephan has had no relationship with Caroline at all.

If they where to add another female character they should make her the bad girl a thorn in the side of Elena and her friends at school. This way they can introduce the rape charge against Matt if they wanted.

What I would like to see is Damon taking an interest in Bonnie and a possible relationship begin to blossom.

Vamp213

[4]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    Heyy umm do you know how much the vampire diaries books are ?? in canada preferably . I REALLLLLLLYYYY want to read them so if you know i would really appericate it Thank You.

Ajclannachan

[5]Dec 4, 2009
    you can get them online from 4shared.com

electricpeppers

[6]Dec 15, 2009
    • level: 26
    Vamp213 wrote:
    Yah that was very strange maybe there gonna add merdiath* later on in the show

They are.

Ajclannachan

[7]Dec 15, 2009
    How do you know they are adding Meredith? Any idea who is going to play her and if they are going to turn Caroline into the Mega **** she is in the books

sammiijayne

[8]Dec 16, 2009
    • level: 1

electricpeppers wrote:
    Vamp213 wrote:
    Yah that was very strange maybe there gonna add merdiath* later on in the show
    They are.

where did you get this information??????????????//

i would like to know

JStarr28

[9]Jan 3, 2010
    • level: 7

I just recently finished reading 'The Awaking', and im glad that they changed Elena's 'Queen Bee' personality to the more sincere one in the show, i didn't like her much in the book.

I think the reason that they never included Meredith is because the show would be over cast, and they chose Bonnie over Meredith, to be Elena's best friend as she has the more interesting background (witch).

Although i dont see why they couldn't expand Caroline's character more into the person she was in the book, they've touched a little on her rudeness and snottiness on the show, but havnt made it as bad as it is in the books.

Overall i prefer the TV show to the books, as i feel the books can drag on a little.

xextremex

[10]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 4

I haven't read any of the books, but Caroline does seem to me to be the most b****iest of them all. Especially at the beginning, I was extremely confused as to whether Caroline was friends with Elena and Bonnie. I could easily, and even expect to, see Caroline become Elena's rival. Especially if Elena starts to develop feelings for Damon or even simply starting to trust him. Caroline would warn Elena about how dangerous Damon is, but Elena wouldn't listen.

Bonnie and Damon? Seriously? I can't see that at all on this show. They seem like future enemies... I thought that if anyone could control Damon or stop him from doing something apocalyptic it would be Bonnie. But in a more serious way than the failed resurrection.

Edited on 01/05/2010 4:02pm

Ajclannachan

[11]Jan 12, 2010
    I think he finally turns his attentions to Bonnie once he accepts that Elena isn't ever going to be truly his and he is impressed that even though Bonnie is a girly girl she has this amazing power and these qualities truly appeal to Damon before he was turned and the man he became when he was turned. To be honest with a little more character development and a season or two down the line I think Damon and Bonnie will become allot closer in one way or another. I quiet like the idea of Damon battling his demons trying to become a better man in order to be with a woman who could truly lead him to the light. Something that I believe would never happen if he tried to have a real relationship with Elena.