The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Caroline: Who should she choose?

Which guy should Caroline choose?

MovieMark

[41]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 31
    Caroline took some of the power Damon had over her back when she first became a vampire and shoved him down the hall (one of my fave moments on the show). But nothing has really changed between them. In fact, they haven't really had any more screen-time since, and I'm happy about that. I don't want Damon anywhere near Caroline.

And, yep, I am referring to his abusive treatment of her: he raped her over and over (and in more ways than just forcing himself upon her), he used her as a walking meat sack and physically abused her on several occasions too. I had a serious issue with True Blood when Sookie went back to Bill after he almost killed her, but at least that show addressed her stupidity. Here, it's different, as Caroline had no control over what Damon was doing to her, so it's a different story.

I know we're only speaking slash fiction here, but I just wouldn't think it would be right in anyway if Caroline ever did get with Damon. Ya know, of anyone on the show, she probably has the most just cause to kill him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gamrgrl007

[42]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 10

MovieMark wrote:
    And, yep, I am referring to his abusive treatment of her: he raped her over and over (and in more ways than just forcing himself upon her), he used her as a walking meat sack and physically abused her on several occasions too. I had a serious issue with True Blood when Sookie went back to Bill after he almost killed her, but at least that show addressed her stupidity. Here, it's different, as Caroline had no control over what Damon was doing to her, so it's a different story. I know we're only speaking slash fiction here, but I just wouldn't think it would be right in anyway if Caroline ever did get with Damon. Ya know, of anyone on the show, she probably has the most just cause to kill him.

ITA with Damon's abusing Caroline in the first half of S1. In fact, I think the writers used Caroline to display Damon's depravity and set him up as the 'villain' of the story. But was Caroline compelled into the sex? I remember her saying that she liked him and that he could be really nice when he wanted to be, or was she was just compelled to forget the feeding and that he was a vampire, so she kept going back to thinking that he was just a guy after every 'session'? Sort of like even in the new episode, Andie wasn't really 'raped' - she would've slept with him anyway if he hadn't decided to drink her blood - not justifying anything, just asking about the original intent of the girl.

Anyway, Damon was much more shockingly abusive with her emotionally when she was conscious, for example, when he called her shallow and worthless in one episode (which basically started the story b/w her and Matt). He knew all her weak points and basically kept screwing her with those.

But that way, even Tyler has always been harsh with her, b*tching about her all the time with Matt - and now, there's something quite incredible going on b/w them. And as for probable cause to kill Damon - why not Elena after he snapped Jeremy's neck? But she also is softening rapidly towards him again. So in TVD, we can't really rule out ANYthing.

But I agree that I don't want D/C happening either, for many reasons, including their sordid history, but also the fact the Damon never regarded her highly as an individual in general - unlike say Bonnie, who he keeps bickering with, but does respect and even like, in a prickly Damonesque way.

MovieMark

[43]Feb 4, 2011
    I had the impression that Damon had compelled Caroline through everything, considering the first time we see them having sex (or just after) he bites her. And that morning when she tries to escape he attacks her again in the pre-title teaser. Also, I'm guessing he bit her every time they were intimate because of the amount of bite marks in various places she had when Elena found the first one on her neck.So I think she was compelled through everything.

ionee24

[44]Feb 15, 2011
    • level: 32

ionee24 wrote:
    hueyf wrote:
    Probably Tyler because he already knows she is a vampire and they do look like they have a connection even though Tyler has anger problems.

I thinkthe wolf has anger problems, not Tyler himself. For one, he isn't Damon so he's not going to throw a temper tantrum and start killing people until his brother hands over his girlfriend as some sort of supernatural pacifier, Tyler and Caroline are a whole lot more romantic than that. In fact, I think Caroline is some sort of "Bonnie" for Tyler's werewolf only, instead to fight the beast within, she uses their connection to channelboth of their supernatural natures: Tyler helps her to control vampire's urges just as much as she helps him to control werewolf's rage.

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Nice random Damon bash

But Damon ALWAYS defends his brother with his own life no matter what their personal equation is at that point of time. Tyler, though, ran to Camp Werewolf after doing Caroline (partly) wrong (not going to take away his cookies for undoing the latch) and getting scolded for that. So he has a LONG way to go before he develops THAT level of loyalty towards Caroline that Damon has towards Stefan. ...

Nice off topic try but this is one instance in which it isn't about Damon. Sorry that he's sort of pointless as of late but, despite who dated/turned Caroline first Tyler is the one who cared about her first:there's no turning backnow just because the story is getting interesting. The bond between vampire and werewolf it's ten times more interesting than the bond between two brothers who would kick one other to the curb in order to sleep with the same girl, there's no way to change that.

gamrgrl007

[45]Feb 16, 2011

ionee24 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    hueyf wrote:
    Probably Tyler because he already knows she is a vampire and they do look like they have a connection even though Tyler has anger problems.

I thinkthe wolf has anger problems, not Tyler himself. For one, he isn't Damon so he's not going to throw a temper tantrum and start killing people until his brother hands over his girlfriend as some sort of supernatural pacifier, Tyler and Caroline are a whole lot more romantic than that. In fact, I think Caroline is some sort of "Bonnie" for Tyler's werewolf only, instead to fight the beast within, she uses their connection to channelboth of their supernatural natures: Tyler helps her to control vampire's urges just as much as she helps him to control werewolf's rage.

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Nice random Damon bash

But Damon ALWAYS defends his brother with his own life no matter what their personal equation is at that point of time. Tyler, though, ran to Camp Werewolf after doing Caroline (partly) wrong (not going to take away his cookies for undoing the latch) and getting scolded for that. So he has a LONG way to go before he develops THAT level of loyalty towards Caroline that Damon has towards Stefan. ...

Nice off topic try but this is one instance in which it isn't about Damon. Sorry that he's sort of pointless as of late but, despite who dated/turned Caroline first Tyler is the one who cared about her first:there's no turning backnow just because the story is getting interesting. The bond between vampire and werewolf it's ten times more interesting than the bond between two brothers who would kick one other to the curb in order to sleep with the same girl, there's no way to change that.

a) "I thinkthe wolf has anger problems, not Tyler himself. For one, he isn't Damon so he's not going to throw a temper tantrum and start killing people until his brother hands over his girlfriend as some sort of supernatural pacifier, Tyler and Caroline are a whole lot more romantic than that."

If this isn't a random comparison then I don't know what is; why would we compare Tyler with Damon? Besides, how convenient that one supernatural thing is allowed to be its natural sort (Tyler isn't angry, the wolf within him is) while the other has to adhere to human standards.

b) "despite who dated/turned Caroline first Tyler is the one who cared about her first:"

Don't agree: MATT is Caroline's B/F and cared about her long BEFORE Tyler (Tyler currently LIKES / IS ATTRACTED TO Caroline, he still has a long way to go before CARING for her - he doesn't even trust her as such). I'd say comparatively, Jeremy CARES much more about Bonnie than Tyler does about Caroline given both fledgling romances. Other than that, Damon was never interested in Caroline romantically so I don't think the question of him caring about her arises.

c)The bond between vampire and werewolf it's ten times more interesting than the bond between two brothers who would kick one other to the curb in order to sleep with the same girl

Don't agree: whose bond is more "interesting" is a point of view, but I still stand by my original statement till someone can FACTUALLY disprove it:

But Damon ALWAYS defends his brother with his own life no matter what their personal equation is at that point of time. Tyler, though, ran to Camp Werewolf after doing Caroline (partly) wrong (not going to take away his cookies for undoing the latch) and getting scolded for that. So he has a LONG way to go before he develops THAT level of loyalty towards Caroline that Damon has towards Stefan.

The day TYLER is willing to DIE for Caroline, their bond will become EQUAL to that b/w Damon/Stefan or Damon/Elena or Elena/Stefan, and ONLY after that, does the question of surpassing occur.

Till then, I adore Caroline & Tyler, they're cute, they may currently be more interesting than D/E and S/E, I agree that they have the potential for epic, but ARE they epic yet? NOT YET.

Even in the werewolf/vampire big fight eppy, Damon was ready to die for Stefan, and indirectly, Caroline. Tyler wasn't. And "there's no way to change that."

ionee24

[46]Feb 16, 2011

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    hueyf wrote:

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Nice random Damon bash

Nice off topic try but this is one instance in which it isn't about Damon. Sorry that he's sort of pointless as of late but, despite who dated/turned Caroline first Tyler is the one who cared about her first: there's no turning back now just because the story is getting interesting. The bond between vampire and werewolf it's ten times more interesting than the bond between two brothers who would kick one other to the curb in order to sleep with the same girl, there's no way to change that.

a) "I thinkthe wolf has anger problems, not Tyler himself. For one, he isn't Damon so he's not going to throw a temper tantrum and start killing people until his brother hands over his girlfriend as some sort of supernatural pacifier, Tyler and Caroline are a whole lot more romantic than that."

If this isn't a random comparison then I don't know what is; why would we compare Tyler with Damon? ...

If you want to discuss Damon that bad there are several threads for it - each one more creepy than the other - but this is about Caroline and who should she rather choose: either the epic werewolf/vampire bond she shares with Tyler, the former down-to-earth relationship with Matt or even the semi-maker thing she has with Stefan. Aside the fact he turned Caroline, Damon its pretty irrelevant here.

Edited on 02/16/2011 10:01am

ionee24

[48]Feb 16, 2011

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    hueyf wrote:

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Nice random Damon bash

Nice off topic try but this is one instance in which it isn't about Damon. Sorry that he's sort of pointless as of late but, despite who dated/turned Caroline first Tyler is the one who cared about her first: there's no turning back now just because the story is getting interesting. The bond between vampire and werewolf it's ten times more interesting than the bond between two brothers who would kick one other to the curb in order to sleep with the same girl, there's no way to change that.

If this isn't a random comparison then I don't know what is; why would we compare Tyler with Damon? ...

If you want to discuss Damon that bad there are several threads for it - each one more creepy than the other - but this is about Caroline and who should she rather choose: either the epic werewolf/vampire bond she shares with Tyler, the former down-to-earth relationship with Matt or even the semi-maker thing she has with Stefan. Aside the fact he turned Caroline, Damon its pretty irrelevant here.

EXACTLY. Damon WAS irrelevant to this discussion...

So it's settled then: back on topic Tyler is winning this poll with 67% over the other characters.

Edited on 02/16/2011 1:09pm

Edward_Nigma

[49]Feb 16, 2011
    • level: 54
    Lol why is Stefan in the poll?

ionee24

[50]Feb 17, 2011
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Lol why is Stefan in the poll?

Good question. Tyler and Matt I get but in my opinion the Salvatore brothers have nothing to do with Caroline's love life.

MovieMark

[51]Feb 17, 2011
    Vamps need vamp-lovin' too!

ionee24

[52]Feb 17, 2011
    But Damon it's Caroline's maker so that would make Stefan like, her uncle or something like that: It's weird, not romantic.

gamrgrl007

[53]Feb 18, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:
    But Damon it's Caroline's maker so that would make Stefan like, her uncle or something like that: It's weird, not romantic.

Damon was Isobel's maker too, hardly made him her father / any sort of relative. It's turning, not adoption.

Stefan is in the list because lot of people, including me, think he and Caroline have an interesting bond - based on unexpected but deep trust and caring - as well as a truckload of chemistry. Of course, it's unlikely that S/C can happen given the whole story with Elena, but if that wasn't the case, there's definitely serious potential b/w them.

meStranger

[54]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 5
    tyyyyyyyyyyyler end of conversation :p

ionee24

[55]Feb 18, 2011
    meStranger wrote:
    tyyyyyyyyyyyler end of conversation :p

Couldn't agree more.

MovieMark

[56]Feb 18, 2011
    I'd rather keep the conversation going

CeeCeeMinx

[57]Feb 18, 2011
    • level: 2

Hi, new here.

I have love for Matt and all, but c'mon... We all know that werewolf and vampire is much hotter

Tyler wins. At least I hope so

gamrgrl007

[58]Feb 19, 2011
    CeeCeeMinx wrote:

Hi, new here.

I have love for Matt and all, but c'mon... We all know that werewolf and vampire is much hotter

I like how everyone sounds apologetic about liking Matt LOL It's like, umm, yeah, I have this secret... I like Matt... *whaaaa???*

ionee24

[59]Feb 27, 2011

CeeCeeMinx wrote:

Hi, new here.

Actually, I like Matt as character I just don't like it as Caroline's couple, that's all.

Butterflyagirl

[60]Feb 27, 2011
    • level: 8

Tyler. Matt is the most boring and one dimensional character I have ever seen. Besides Matt was a horrible boyfriend in season one, no writers, I don't have amnesia.

Edited on 02/27/2011 1:03pm