We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Vampire Diaries Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Do you think Elena and Damon would be a horrible pairing

ionee24

[61]May 12, 2010
    • level: 32
    Sylvia75 wrote:
    For me Elena and Damon are more believable as a couple than Stefan and Elena. With that I think I am saying all.

For me the difference is that Damon and Elena earned their relationship while Stefan & Elena were forced together by someone whose idea of "epic" was a fanfiction version of what happened in the Books (which indeed damaged the TV relationship between Elena & Stefan).

It's almost like, in trying to lobby for why Elena and Stefan should end up together, they ended up alienating the audience and only when Damon started to develop some feelings for Elena is that the TV show started to actually make sense.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lalala15

[62]May 17, 2010
    • level: 2
    i thought in the books she ended up with stephan...

ionee24

[63]May 17, 2010
    lalala15 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    For me the difference is that Damon and Elena earned their relationship while Stefan & Elena were forced together by someone whose idea of "epic" was a fanfiction version of what happened in the Books (which indeed damaged the TV relationship between Elena & Stefan).

It's almost like, in trying to lobby for why Elena and Stefan should end up together, they ended up alienating the audience and only when Damon started to develop some feelings for Elena is that the TV show started to actually make sense.

Exactly, so there was no need to prop up the "end game" couple even more, it actually damaged the pairing more than Damon ever could.

Kitanishi

[64]May 18, 2010
    • level: 9
    lalala15 wrote:

Oh bu the tv show is not the books. Anything can happen and some book-series-pairings would sound ridiculous in tv show.

Vamp213

[65]May 30, 2010
    • level: 3
    Yes i wouldnt like this pairing at all :S

ionee24

[66]Jun 5, 2010

Kitanishi wrote:
    lalala15 wrote:
    Oh bu the tv show is not the books. Anything can happen and some book-series-pairings would sound ridiculous in tv show.
    Like Matt and Bonnie for example. They have nothing in common in the TV show.

Edited on 06/05/2010 10:14pm

bdancer99

[67]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 11

i loved Elena and Stefan together, and i hate Elena and Damon together

ionee24

[68]Jun 12, 2010
    I don't have any preferences really, as long as it makes sense it's ok. with me.

dorotea_bp

[69]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 10
    ionee24 wrote:
    Sylvia75 wrote:
    For me Elena and Damon are more believable as a couple than Stefan and Elena. With that I think I am saying all.

I couldn't more agree.And I think that they actually will'be amazing couple.Elena changed Damon.Because of her he actually started to feel again,he wants to feel again.Yes he was evil,and maybe he doesn't deseve redemption,but will be very hypocritically if someone says that Stefan never did.In reality everyone in some point had done something which prefer to stay hidden.And the fact that Damon aware of his actions, not trying to justify them, because he knows that in fact no real justification speaks in his favor.He is trying to change, to do the right thing and all because of Elena.Maybe their beginning was not a fairy tale, and probably the end will not be too, but their relationship makes more sense to me and is more real because he always been honest with her, has always been himself, good or bad-just Damon.And Elena deep down in herself feels the same way.But that's my opinion,and i won't deny that I'm all team Delena.

Jada1

[70]Jun 14, 2010
    • level: 5

Elena has slept with Damon's brother. And Damon has slept with Elena's mother!!!!! They just can't be a couple. It would be morally wrong, wrong, wrong. If the show goes in that direction, I probably won't keep watching. Yech.

gamrgrl007

[71]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 10

Jada1 wrote:
    Elena has slept with Damon's brother. And Damon has slept with Elena's mother!!!!! They just can't be a couple. It would be morally wrong, wrong, wrong. If the show goes in that direction, I probably won't keep watching. Yech.

Damon and Stefan are two individual men, neither linked biologically or legally to Elena. It would be 'socially wrong' for Elena to sleep with BOTH of them in parallel, like Katherine did. It wasn't 'immoral' even then, given that Katherine wasn't in a relnship with either; just 'not nice' by our definition of a 'nice girl'.

It would be 'morally wrong' only if Elena at some point cheats on (mostly likely) Stefan or (you never know) Damon - with the other / any other man, assuming that she is in a committed relnship with one of them.

Here's the difference: Damon was 'not nice / socially wrong' to kiss his brother's girlfriend (as he thought it was Elena, AND knew that she was in a committed relnship with someone else). But HE is a single guy.

Elena, however, would have been 'morally wrong' if it had actually been HER, and not Katherine, kissing him BACK, because SHE is in a binding commitment to Stefan.

People dating - and possibly sleeping with - different brothers / sisters at different stages in time is a pretty common occurrence worldwide, and not considered 'morally wrong' unless happening simultaneously.

As for Damon sleeping with Isobel years before he knew Elena or the Elena-Isobel connection, that's not morally wrong. At that time, Isobel was just a girl to him, not 'Elena's mother'.

As for now, discounting that Isobel has been in Elena's life for less than a day total and giving her credit as the 'biological mother', it would be 'morally wrong' if Damon NOW sleeps with her AND with Elena, provided the two women honour the relnship between them i.e. if Elena considers Isobel her mother and maintains that Damon treat her as such.

Edited on 06/14/2010 11:18pm

Michellexx

[72]Jun 15, 2010
    • level: 8
    ionee24 wrote:
    I don't have any preferences really, as long as it makes sense it's ok. with me.

agreed it's all gotten to complicated that i really don't care who she ends up with aslong as it makes sense and is still good quality TV

pjt

[73]Jun 15, 2010

Jada1 wrote:

gamrgrl007 wrote:
    Jada1 wrote:

Stefan isn't attracted to Elena because she resembles Katherine... He seems to resent Katherine a lot because she compelled him. He wasn't ever truly in love with her.

Why does he keep Katherine's photo with him all the time? Did he explain to Elena when she found the photo...? Gah, I think I should see all Stefan parts again, I have his rationales all fuzzy.
    In the scene where Damon and Stefan were playing football, Stefan said, "The love we felt for Katherine ... it wasn't real. It took me a long time to figure that out." He told Damon that Katherine had just been compelling them. Then Damon told him that she hadn't compelled both of them, and Damon had truly loved her. This makes me think that Stefan's relationship with Katherine was similar to what Caroline had with Damon. They looked like a couple, but in fact Stefan was being controlled, even when he wasn't right there with Katherine. He was so confused that he wasn't thinking straight at all. For example, on the night his dad slipped some vervain into his drink, he obeyed his father and ran to get the police instead of helping Katherine. Then later he helped Damon try to rescue Katherine, because he thought he loved her. After she was gone, he carried her picture around because he still thought he loved her, but as the years went by and he became more aware of how compulsion works, he started realizing that his affection for her was not genuine. He probably spent a lot of time looking at the photo, trying to make sense of it all, wondering how much of it had been real, wondering what his life would have been like if she had never come along. This week's episode seemed to reveal that Katherine actually did love Stefan instead of Damon. That's probably why she was waiting to turn Damon. She wanted Stefan to learn to love her without the compulsion, and then she was going to turn them both at the same time. Damon realized this, and he was really jealous, which is understandable! It's not fair of him to blame Stefan for it though, if Stefan was being compelled. It seems to me that Stefan and Elena are well suited to each other, and Damon is a better match for Katherine. Their personalities and values are similar.

Katherine never compelled Stefan to love her, just not to freak out that she was a vampire. That morning he was scared of her, and she took away his fear, but never told him to love her. And because Stefan wasn't alright with the vampire aspect, that's why Katherine compelled him to drink her blood, while Damon did it willingly.

pjt

[74]Jun 15, 2010

lalala15 wrote:

If you mean the original four books, then yes. However there is a second trilogy in the making, and L.J. Smith said that we'll have to wait for the final answer to this.

pjt

[75]Jun 15, 2010

madam_q wrote:

Kitanishi wrote:
    IMO that's the only Elena pairing that feels real. There's some REAL chemistry between the actors and their character interactions. Their interactions feel realistic and the development of their bond/relationship feels real and not-rushed. They feel natural in love/hate frenemies-becoming-lovers way. Each scene where they interact feels...sort of real and...really cute. Now as for in-show reasons, Damon did not really do anything bad to Elena herself and everything and anything he tried or did before relationship started to build up was done by different character from the current Damon. If anything, everything he did afterward was to protect her and be there for her, while Stefan was too busy zoning around enjoying a free relationship.

Exactly! Remember during the Bachelor Auction he was saying all the stuff about Elena's mother, trying to goad Alaric.. only to find out it was Elena's mother.. He face was like.. "oh, Sh**"

He doesn't intentionally hurt Elena.

Or when he was flirting "too much" with her, and she said not to make her regret being his friend.

ionee24

[76]Jun 15, 2010
    Michellexx wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

agreed it's all gotten to complicated that i really don't care who she ends up with aslong as it makes sense and is still good quality TV

The quality of the show has improved considerably since the pilot episode so it would only make sense the love stories would improve as well.

hueyf

[77]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 6

Yup. Horrible!!

Fienna17

[78]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 2

To me Elena and Damon don't match. Damon is a bad boy and Elena is to "vanilla" for him. Personality they don't match. Second them ending together is in my opinion horrible wrong. Damon did horrible things. He abused Caroline during the sex and used her as a puppet. He almost killed Bonnie, who is by the way her BEST FRIEND. And last but not least he hasthreated to kill and hurt Elena many times over. Just because he became nicer during the last episodes doesn't make it right for all he has done. I am sorry but i would never ever fall in love with such guy.

The storyline of Damon is for him to get his redemption. And stealing the girlfriend of your brother doesn't count for that. I am not saying this as a hardcore Stelena fan, but also for the relationship for Damon and Stefan. If there is something i have a weakness for inTV-shows is sibling love. Damon and Stefan are an extraordinary example of that. despite saying that they hate each other they would save each other when it comes for it. THEY ARE AN ADORABLE BROTHER MATCH. Elena ending up with Damon wouldruintheirbrother shipthat was blossoming. AND I DON'T WANT THAT.

Seriously what is not the like about that

RachelleMcAdams

[79]Aug 10, 2010
    • level: 11

Fienna17 wrote:

To me Elena and Damon don't match. Damon is a bad boy and Elena is to "vanilla" for him. Personality they don't match. Second them ending together is in my opinion horrible wrong. Damon did horrible things. He abused Caroline during the sex and used her as a puppet. He almost killed Bonnie, who is by the way her BEST FRIEND. And last but not least he hasthreated to kill and hurt Elena many times over. Just because he became nicer during the last episodes doesn't make it right for all he has done. I am sorry but i would never ever fall in love with such guy.

The storyline of Damon is for him to get his redemption. And stealing the girlfriend of your brother doesn't count for that. I am not saying this as a hardcore Stelena fan, but also for the relationship for Damon and Stefan. If there is something i have a weakness for inTV-shows is sibling love. Damon and Stefan are an extraordinary example of that. despite saying that they hate each other they would save each other when it comes for it. THEY ARE AN ADORABLE BROTHER MATCH. Elena ending up with Damon wouldruintheirbrother shipthat was blossoming. AND I DON'T WANT THAT.

Seriously what is not the like about that

You're right the triangle is going to destroy the tolerence they have for each other right now and I don't want Elena to look bad coming betweeen them

Edited on 08/10/2010 8:36am

pjt

[80]Aug 11, 2010

Fienna17 wrote:

The storyline of Damon is for him to get his redemption. And stealing the girlfriend of your brother doesn't count for that.

You can't steal somebody, who doesn't want to be "stolen". You can only tempt, and if a temptation can kill a relationship, then it was already dead, they just didn't care to notice.

So, IMHO, Damon can be redeemed to the level, that he could even "deserve" Elena, however Julie Plec admitting to be an avid Stelena fan, there isn't too much hope for the Delena team. Luckily I don't watch the shows for the ships.