The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Do you think Elena and Damon would be a horrible pairing

ionee24

[81]Aug 11, 2010
    • level: 32

Fienna17 wrote:
    To me Elena and Damon don't match. Damon is a bad boy and Elena is to "vanilla" for him. Personality they don't match. Second them ending together is in my opinion horrible wrong. Damon did horrible things. He abused Caroline during the sex and used her as a puppet. He almost killed Bonnie, who is by the way her BEST FRIEND. And last but not least he hasthreated to kill and hurt Elena many times over. Just because he became nicer during the last episodes doesn't make it right for all he has done. I am sorry but i would never ever fall in love with such guy.

The storyline of Damon is for him to get his redemption. And stealing the girlfriend of your brother doesn't count for that. I am not saying this as a hardcore Stelena fan, but also for the relationship for Damon and Stefan. If there is something i have a weakness for inTV-shows is sibling love. Damon and Stefan are an extraordinary example of that. despite saying that they hate each other they would save each other when it comes for it. THEY ARE AN ADORABLE BROTHER MATCH. Elena ending up with Damon wouldruintheirbrother shipthat was blossoming. AND I DON'T WANT THAT.

The problem for me is not who I wish for them to end up with as much as what has already been done and "the bad boy ends up with the girl" has been done in several shapes and forms since Buffy hooked up with Spike after she was done with Angel (Buffy the vampire slayer), if it's not them then there's Cole and Phoebe (Charmed), if you don't like the kids's version then there's the more adult Eric and Sookie (True Blood) or Sawyer & Juliet (Lost). I've seen way too many love-triangle-based-vampire-shows as it is not to notice that, whenever a nice girl meets the'good' brooding vampire there's got to be abad boy/vampire, ancient rival of the first, just waiting to "seduce" her to so the "good girl" is torn for seasons to come until the ratings drop forces her to make a choice: it's repetitive and pointless no matter which side you're on.

I seriously doubt The Vampire Diaries would be any different if that's what they focus on.

Edited on 08/11/2010 7:57pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fienna17

[82]Aug 12, 2010
    • level: 2

[QUOTE=]

Luckily I don't watch the shows for the ships.

[/QUOTE]

I mainly watch this show because of Bonnie (she is my favourite character ) and because of Paul Wesley

ionee24

[83]Aug 12, 2010
    Fienna17 wrote:

I mainly watch this show because of Bonnie (she is my favourite character ) and because of Paul Wesley

Good point, if anything what makes this show original is that the "Buffy" character is Bonnie - a secondary role - and both her chracter and the Salvatore brothers hate to loveyou/love to hate you dynamic steal the show.

hot_babe101

[84]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 13

if you've ever read the books, then you'd know they make an absolute amazing couple.

i hope when L.J. Smith finishes the series they end up together xx

ionee24

[85]Aug 15, 2010
    hot_babe101 wrote:

if you've ever read the books, then you'd know they make an absolute amazing couple.

I'd rather read the True Blood series, Sookie seems smarter and all the characters are developed at the same time.

jstitely1

[86]Aug 15, 2010
    • level: 12

[QUOTE="ionee24"]

hot_babe101 wrote:

I'd rather read the True Blood series, Sookie seems smarter and all the characters are developed at the same time.[/QUO

My sisters read the books and says they are completley different than the show so they might not have characters developed at the same level as in the series.

And my answer to the forum is I personally like them together. I get what Damon did to Bonnie and CAroline was wrong, but in its own twisted way it was for love and trying to rescue Katherine(atleast the Bonnie thing was when he thought he couldn't have Katherine anymore). Nobody's perfect and the thing I like about Elena and Damon is Elena knows that yet still cares about Damon. While Stefan and Elena seemed like they really just seemed like Stefan was perfect in the first half of season one, rather than learning all about them the good and the bad, Stefan sheltered Elena from alot of it until later episodes. While Damon is upfront with Elena on everything and I mean EVERYTHING.

bluemonster21

[87]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 1

i don't really know how to use forums on tv.com so sorry if it comes out wonky. but on to my answer or whatever. i don't think elena will forgive damon for everything he's done and neither will her friends therefore not making a good relationship but i DO think they have romantic feelings for each other. i can imagine them with a similar storyline to buffy the vampire slayer's, it goes like this; elena and stefan have a really strong love, but stefan moves away thinking it's protecting her. while he is away, damon comforts her and they start to bond. in the end there is a big fight, damon sacrifices himself, elena doesn't want to go and tells damon he loves her. damon says "no you don't but thanks for saying it" and the end.

ionee24

[88]Aug 16, 2010

jstitely1 wrote:
    is I personally like them together. I get what Damon did to Bonnie and CAroline was wrong, but in its own twisted way it was for love and trying to rescue Katherine(atleast the Bonnie thing was when he thought he couldn't have Katherine anymore). Nobody's perfect and the thing I like about Elena and Damon is Elena knows that yet still cares about Damon. While Stefan and Elena seemed like they really just seemed like Stefan was perfect in the first half of season one, rather than learning all about them the good and the bad, Stefan sheltered Elena from alot of it until later episodes. While Damon is upfront with Elena on everything and I mean EVERYTHING.

Then again, that it's formulaic on every standard love triangle, the "other guy" is more upfront and "honest" with "the girl" than he is with the rest or "the good guy" for that matter, while I believe the idea is good on papper it only makes this seem more generic, however Idon't have a personal preference because I really couldn't care less. I'm more interested in the parts of the show that aren't predictable like Damon & Alaric's friendship, the potential conflict between Bonnie vs Katherine, the werewolves, the council, Caroline, Tyler, Matt or Jeremy.

So the answer is, more than a horrible pairing, Elena & Damonare the predictable half of a predictable plot that involves a predictable love traingle (same gos to Elena & Stefan for that matter).

Edited on 08/16/2010 8:07am

sunnykimmy

[89]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it's part of his character. I like it, it's kind of flirty. He knows it's annoying and what kind of message it sends out and he still does it. I think Elena commented on it once. She wanted them to be friends and told him to stop with 'the eye thing'. He went: 'What eye thing?'. Then he did it again and smiled.

sunnykimmy

[90]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 7

Uhm my previous reply has to do with the fluttering flirty thing Damon does with his eyes. Just saying.

LaceyW

[91]Sep 3, 2010

As nice as he was becoming toward the end of the season, Damon is still an evil guy. He might care about Elena but he still has no problems with killing innocent people, something Elena knows. And they flirt and stuff but i don't think Elena could have a relationship like the one she has with Stefan with him.

Still Damon's my fave character and it would be awesome to have Elena maybe go off the rails for a while and have a messed up relationship with him

angelust34

[92]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 9
    LaceyW wrote:

Still Damon's my fave character and it would be awesome to have Elena maybe go off the rails for a while and have a messed up relationship with him

I'm counting on it and even Stefan won't be able to be the good guy all the time around Catherine in season 2, I think that would be the best opportunity for Damon to start something with Elena.

ionee24

[93]Sep 6, 2010

LaceyW wrote:

As nice as he was becoming toward the end of the season, Damon is still an evil guy. He might care about Elena but he still has no problems with killing innocent people, something Elena knows. And they flirt and stuff but i don't think Elena could have a relationship like the one she has with Stefan with him.

I think that's my main problem with it, just because Damon is arguably the favorite characer for the audience that doesn't mean he has to be the favorite brother for Elena - or Katherine for that matter - it would be out of character to force a pairing with her based on nothing more thanthe audience's preference instead of the characters background and storyline.

Edited on 09/06/2010 11:41am

LaceyW

[94]Sep 6, 2010

ionee24 wrote:

LaceyW wrote:

I think that's my main problem with it, just because Damon is arguably the favorite characer for the audience that doesn't mean he has to be the favorite brother for Elena - or Katherine for that matter - it would be out of character to force a pairing with her based on nothing more thanthe audience's preference instead of the characters background and storyline.

I'm not sure if you were agreeing or not (words are going past me backwards today)

If you weren't i wasn't meaning that Damon should be Elena's love like Stefan is at the moment, but they obviously have some attraction, so if she has some major troubles of some kind and Stefan isn't around she might turn to Damon. Then get lost in a haze of alcohol, sex and blood (blood for Damon) with him for a few episodes. Of course it would have take something real bad to happen to Elena for her to do that and not be out of character.

If you were agreeing then cool

ionee24

[95]Sep 6, 2010

LaceyW wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    LaceyW wrote:

I'm not sure if you were agreeing or not (words are going past me backwards today)

If you weren't i wasn't meaning that Damon should be Elena's love like Stefan is at the moment, but they obviously have some attraction, so if she has some major troubles of some kind and Stefan isn't around she might turn to Damon. Then get lost in a haze of alcohol, sex and blood (blood for Damon) with him for a few episodes. Of course it would have take something real bad to happen to Elena for her to do that and not be out of character...

That's my point actually, it is completely out of character for Elena to try that with her boyfriend's brother because the whole point of the show is that Elena is not Katherine,just because a significant part of the audience wouldrather "get lost in a hazeof alcohol, sex and blood" with the eldest Salvatore it doesn't mean the writers have to force the Elena character to be with him in order to fulfill the wishes of said part ofthe audience. At least IMO.

Edited on 09/06/2010 7:58pm

LaceyW

[96]Sep 6, 2010

ionee24 wrote:

LaceyW wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    LaceyW wrote:

If you weren't i wasn't meaning that Damon should be Elena's love like Stefan is at the moment, but they obviously have some attraction, so if she has some major troubles of some kind and Stefan isn't around she might turn to Damon. Then get lost in a haze of alcohol, sex and blood (blood for Damon) with him for a few episodes. Of course it would have take something real bad to happen to Elena for her to do that and not be out of character...

That's my point actually, it is completely out of character for Elena to try that with her boyfriend's brother because the whole point of the show is that Elena is not Katherine,just because a significant part of the audience wouldrather "get lost in a hazeof alcohol, sex and blood" with the eldest Salvatore it doesn't mean the writers have to force the Elena character to be with him in order to fulfill the wishes of said part ofthe audience. At least IMO.

I don't think it would be forced, at least not the way i'm picturing it

I'm not saying Elena should turn bad like Katherine, just make some bad choices

And if Stefan isn't around when she needs him, or if he's the one that has done something bad, I don't think it would be out of character for her to turn to Damon

I think yes it could be forced and out of character if they put them together just to please fans, and at this point in the show. There would have to be a lot of events leading up to her and Damon getting together

ionee24

[98]Sep 7, 2010

LaceyW wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    LaceyW wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    LaceyW wrote:

I don't think it would be forced, at least not the way i'm picturing it

I'm not saying Elena should turn bad like Katherine, just make some bad choices

And if Stefan isn't around when she needs him, or if he's the one that has done something bad, I don't think it would be out of character for her to turn to Damon

I think yes it could be forced and out of character if they put them together just to please fans, and at this point in the show. There would have to be a lot of events leading up to her and Damon getting together

Technically, this is the story about a love triangle so, at one point or the other, Elena must cheat on her boyfriend with his brother, that much is unavoidable, however, it will be forced for Elena to end up with Damon regardless the prop device because without the love triangle there's no reason why Damon & Elena should be interesting:

- If Stefan wouldn't be part of the story there wouldn't even be a reason for Damon to notice her,

- without Stefan "not being there for her" there's no reason for Elena to have something with Damon,

- remove the relationship between Elena & Stefan altogether and there's absolutely no tension that could make for an hypothetical hook-up.

If a couple can't sustain itself without the prop - in this case a love triangle - then there's no point to it.

pjt

[99]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 8

So, after the season 2 premiere, things are getting even more complicated with Damon and Elena. Nevertheless the love triangle is officially still on, so I'm more than eager to let JP and KW surprise me with an unpredictable twist. I'm more and more positive, that Stefan's relationship with Elena will have rather large bumps in the road now Katherine is in town. Stefan's "I hate you" seemed more a provocation than him expressing his true feelings (just like Elena's "I hate Damon"). Next week
    ***SPOILER***

, so "game on".

ionee24

[100]Sep 15, 2010

pjt wrote:
    So, after the season 2 premiere, things are getting even more complicated with Damon and Elena. Nevertheless the love triangle is officially still on, so I'm more than eager to let JP and KW surprise me with an unpredictable twist. I'm more and more positive, that Stefan's relationship with Elena will have rather large bumps in the road now Katherine is in town. Stefan's "I hate you" seemed more a provocation than him expressing his true feelings (just like Elena's "I hate Damon"). Next week
    ***SPOILER***
    , so "game on".

Doesn't make any sense: Why would Elena help Damon after he broke Jeremy's neck ...okay, scratch that, I almost forgot which kind of show we were dealing with. Of course that's gonna happen regardless logic, continuity and what not.

At least there's Caroline's plot to look forward to!

Edited on 09/15/2010 3:01pm