The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Do you think Elena and Damon would be a horrible pairing

  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [142]Nov 2, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771



    luv2live wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Unlike Angel or Spike, the Salvatore brothers don't protect anyone other than their own selves and the woman they want to sleep with, it was only luck for the town that Mason and Katherine were a threat to the brothers as well, otherwise, they would've never stopped them. Even more, they still use "the Elena" excuse to get everyone else to help them, as if the rest of the characters would'veto care about their love life.It's pathetic, not heroic . Definitely not the kind of things the vampires on Buffy were known for.


    More than their plans, Elena doesn't include Bonnie into basic intel such as Katherine is immune to verbain, Mason is a werewolf or hey! there ARE werewolves in town. It's amazing Bonnie is still alive since they only provide her with vital information when they need spells or rings which is, once again, yet another major mistake that Buffy never made.


    Then there's the deal with Emily, for someone who gave his word to protect Bonnie's family, Damon does a really lousy job when it comes to "protect the slayer", so Giles he ain't. In fact, I'm amazed Bonnie hasn't gotten herself killed because of her own "watcher": when Damon is not putting her in the middle of a dangerous situation, an ex-girlfriend of him is, when it's not one of Damon's exs then is one of his many enemies. He has only brought misery to Bonnie's life and he keep coming back for more.


    As if "the watcher from hell" wouldn't be enough, there's his kind and oh so stupid brother Stefan, willing to protect Damon on top of all, to pick up his slack and mentor his baby vampire, to protect Caroline after the werewolves attacked her. Bonnie is basically dragged from one deadly situation into another and the Salvatore act as if she should be grateful for it. If Darla would've done that much, Buffy would've staked her, in fact she did.

    I must have missed it, when did the Salvatore brothers want to sleep with Jeremy?? Because I'm pretty sure they protected Jeremy from Vicky. ...


    No they didn't, once again they protectedElenafrom Vicky, it's only luck for Jeremy that Elena also wanted to protect her own brother from Vicky or the Salvatore would've never thought of him as collateral damage, same as they never think about the town itself whenever Bonnie is trying to protect it. If it weren't for her, the Salvatore would've caused the death of several families on Founder's Day, the death of every student on Alaric's class because of the ex wife Damon turned (Isobel), the death of several contestant competing with Elena for the title of Miss Mystic Falls like the several people who did die at hands of the tomb vampires they forced Bonnie's Grandma to release.


    In their pety quest to fix their love life, the Salvatore have caused even more damage than Angel & Spike did back when they actually meant it, neither Spike nor Angel caused the unnecessary death of several innocents to "win" Cordelia/Elena and they actually helped Buffy/Bonnie, not because they wanted to sleep with her, but because it wasthe right thing to do, regardless who she would end up with. The Salvatore may be a lot of things but heroic is NOT one of them.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of luv2live

    luv2live

    [143]Nov 3, 2010
    • member since: 06/04/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,741
    ionee24 wrote:



    luv2live wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Unlike Angel or Spike, the Salvatore brothers don't protect anyone other than their own selves and the woman they want to sleep with, it was only luck for the town that Mason and Katherine were a threat to the brothers as well, otherwise, they would've never stopped them. Even more, they still use "the Elena" excuse to get everyone else to help them, as if the rest of the characters would'veto care about their love life.It's pathetic, not heroic . Definitely not the kind of things the vampires on Buffy were known for.


    More than their plans, Elena doesn't include Bonnie into basic intel such as Katherine is immune to verbain, Mason is a werewolf or hey! there ARE werewolves in town. It's amazing Bonnie is still alive since they only provide her with vital information when they need spells or rings which is, once again, yet another major mistake that Buffy never made.


    Then there's the deal with Emily, for someone who gave his word to protect Bonnie's family, Damon does a really lousy job when it comes to "protect the slayer", so Giles he ain't. In fact, I'm amazed Bonnie hasn't gotten herself killed because of her own "watcher": when Damon is not putting her in the middle of a dangerous situation, an ex-girlfriend of him is, when it's not one of Damon's exs then is one of his many enemies. He has only brought misery to Bonnie's life and he keep coming back for more.


    As if "the watcher from hell" wouldn't be enough, there's his kind and oh so stupid brother Stefan, willing to protect Damon on top of all, to pick up his slack and mentor his baby vampire, to protect Caroline after the werewolves attacked her. Bonnie is basically dragged from one deadly situation into another and the Salvatore act as if she should be grateful for it. If Darla would've done that much, Buffy would've staked her, in fact she did.

    I must have missed it, when did the Salvatore brothers want to sleep with Jeremy?? Because I'm pretty sure they protected Jeremy from Vicky. ...


    No they didn't, once again they protectedElenafrom Vicky, it's only luck for Jeremy that Elena also wanted to protect her own brother from Vicky or the Salvatore would've never thought of him as collateral damage, same as they never think about the town itself whenever Bonnie is trying to protect it. If it weren't for her, the Salvatore would've caused the death of several families on Founder's Day, the death of every student on Alaric's class because of the ex wife Damon turned (Isobel), the death of several contestant competing with Elena for the title of Miss Mystic Falls like the several people who did die at hands of the tomb vampires they forced Bonnie's Grandma to release.


    In their pety quest to fix their love life, the Salvatore have caused even more damage than Angel & Spike did back when they actually meant it, neither Spike nor Angel caused the unnecessary death of several innocents to "win" Cordelia/Elena and they actually helped Buffy/Bonnie, not because they wanted to sleep with her, but because it wasthe right thing to do, regardless who she would end up with. The Salvatore may be a lot of things but heroic is NOT one of them.





    So, Spike and Angel are heroic? William the Bloody is heroic. The problem with your argument is your ignoring their past. Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that both killed many many more innocents then either Salvatore brother, especially Stefan who hasn't drank human blood in how long. Also keep in mind, both Spike and Angel had a catalyst that made them become good. Angel with his soul and Spike the chip in his head. If that had never been implanted in Spike's head, do you honestly think he would have quit killing? Also, if you consider Bonnie and Buffy to be of similar equals, please keep in mind that Spike killed two slayers in his past. Has Damon killed two Bonnies?

    What catalyst did Stefan have to stop drinking human blood? I believe that was his own choice. No curse that gave him a soul, no chip implanted. So, following your belief in what is heroic, the Salvatore brothers just need to do good for, say a few years, and all their past sins will be wiped away. Its only the second season, not even the end of it. Give them some time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [144]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848

    I have no idea why we're comparing "The Vampire Diaries" with a show called "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". I don't see any similarity of premise b/w the two except that vampires exist in both. If slayers and their intents have to be compared, then "Supernatural" is a better comparison with "Buffy" where the AGENDA is to slay evil.


    TVD is not a slayer / hunter show. Damon and Stefan are not hunters. They only kill when THEY or their interests are threatened, out of self-preservation or mischief (as in, Damon does), not for the greater good of mankind. For that, we have Sam & Dean.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [145]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    ionee24 wrote:
    luv2live wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Unlike Angel or Spike, the Salvatore brothers don't protect anyone other than their own selves and the woman they want to sleep with, it was only luck for the town that Mason and Katherine were a threat to the brothers as well, otherwise, they would've never stopped them. Even more, they still use "the Elena" excuse to get everyone else to help them, as if the rest of the characters would'veto care about their love life.It's pathetic, not heroic . Definitely not the kind of things the vampires on Buffy were known for.


    More than their plans, Elena doesn't include Bonnie into basic intel such as Katherine is immune to verbain, Mason is a werewolf or hey! there ARE werewolves in town. It's amazing Bonnie is still alive since they only provide her with vital information when they need spells or rings which is, once again, yet another major mistake that Buffy never made.


    Then there's the deal with Emily, for someone who gave his word to protect Bonnie's family, Damon does a really lousy job when it comes to "protect the slayer", so Giles he ain't. In fact, I'm amazed Bonnie hasn't gotten herself killed because of her own "watcher": when Damon is not putting her in the middle of a dangerous situation, an ex-girlfriend of him is, when it's not one of Damon's exs then is one of his many enemies. He has only brought misery to Bonnie's life and he keep coming back for more.


    As if "the watcher from hell" wouldn't be enough, there's his kind and oh so stupid brother Stefan, willing to protect Damon on top of all, to pick up his slack and mentor his baby vampire, to protect Caroline after the werewolves attacked her. Bonnie is basically dragged from one deadly situation into another and the Salvatore act as if she should be grateful for it. If Darla would've done that much, Buffy would've staked her, in fact she did.

    I must have missed it, when did the Salvatore brothers want to sleep with Jeremy?? Because I'm pretty sure they protected Jeremy from Vicky. ...


    No they didn't, once again they protectedElenafrom Vicky, it's only luck for Jeremy that Elena also wanted to protect her own brother from Vicky or the Salvatore would've never thought of him as collateral damage, same as they never think about the town itself whenever Bonnie is trying to protect it. If it weren't for her, the Salvatore would've caused the death of several families on Founder's Day, the death of every student on Alaric's class because of the ex wife Damon turned (Isobel), the death of several contestant competing with Elena for the title of Miss Mystic Falls like the several people who did die at hands of the tomb vampires they forced Bonnie's Grandma to release.


    In their pety quest to fix their love life, the Salvatore have caused even more damage than Angel & Spike did back when they actually meant it, neither Spike nor Angel caused the unnecessary death of several innocents to "win" Cordelia/Elena and they actually helped Buffy/Bonnie, not because they wanted to sleep with her, but because it wasthe right thing to do, regardless who she would end up with. The Salvatore may be a lot of things but heroic is NOT one of them.

    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    I have no idea why we're comparing "The Vampire Diaries" with a show called "Buffy The Vampire Slayer". I don't see any similarity of premise b/w the two except that vampires exist in both. If slayers and their intents have to be compared, then "Supernatural" is a better comparison with "Buffy" where the AGENDA is to slay evil.


    TVD is not a slayer / hunter show. Damon and Stefan are not hunters. They only kill when THEY or their interests are threatened, out of self-preservation or mischief (as in, Damon does), not for the greater good of mankind. For that, we have Sam & Dean.


    Someone asked why the love triangle from The Vampire Diaries isn't compared to the love triangle form Buffy more often. Like you and I said, is because its a completely different structure with completely different characters: TVD is just not a hunters show.

    Edited on 11/04/2010 10:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of izzyshepp101

    izzyshepp101

    [146]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 06/28/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 109

    After tonight's episode I think everyone can say that they would be a fine pairing Damon is SO amazing in this episode. And he really does love her.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of luv2live

    luv2live

    [147]Nov 4, 2010
    • member since: 06/04/05
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,741
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

    After tonight's episode I think everyone can say that they would be a fine pairing Damon is SO amazing in this episode. And he really does love her.


    Finally get to see, truly, what Damon is feeling. What a sacrafice he made.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of izzyshepp101

    izzyshepp101

    [148]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/28/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 109

    I TOTALLY agree. He was so sensitive and warm and caring in that scene. And plus, how can a person NOT feel bad for him even a little? I mean, every person that he ever loved or cared about has chosen Stefan over him. Even when they were human and Damon was sweet and charming(not that he isn't as a vampire either, but you know what I mean). he's always second, but never first. I just feel SOOOOO bad for him


    Last week he finally let Katherine go and locked her in the tomb. I mean, he was in love with that woman for 145 years! That was a BIG step for him. And then this week he finally truly expressed to Elena how he really feels about her, but knew that his brother deserved her more and erased her memory. He lost two of the women he loved/loves. That must of been so hard for him.



    Maybe this new Rose character will choose him instead of Stefan. Damon could use some loving Plus, I can see a spark of chemistry between them when he had her pinned against the wall

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [149]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

    Last week he finally let Katherine go and locked her in the tomb. I mean, he was in love with that woman for 145 years! That was a BIG step for him. And then this week he finally truly expressed to Elena how he really feels about her, but knew that his brother deserved her more and erased her memory. He lost two of the women he loved/loves. That must of been so hard for him.



    Maybe this new Rose character will choose him instead of Stefan. Damon could use some loving Plus, I can see a spark of chemistry between them when he had her pinned against the wall



    I'm sure Rose and Damon will have some action, but I doubt anyone can fix his broken heart except for Elena
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sunnykimmy

    sunnykimmy

    [150]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 05/12/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 147

    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    izzyshepp101 wrote:



    Last week he finally let Katherine go and locked her in the tomb. I mean, he was in love with that woman for 145 years! That was a BIG step for him. And then this week he finally truly expressed to Elena how he really feels about her, but knew that his brother deserved her more and erased her memory. He lost two of the women he loved/loves. That must of been so hard for him.



    Maybe this new Rose character will choose him instead of Stefan. Damon could use some loving Plus, I can see a spark of chemistry between them when he had her pinned against the wall


    I'm sure Rose and Damon will have some action, but I doubt anyone can fix his broken heart except for Elena


    Yeah I definitely think Rose will choose Stefan over Damon,since she said that she's a sucker for bad boys. And yes in the end I thinkDamon will have something with Elena, but I don't know if it'll last.


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of johnmarlena422

    johnmarlena422

    [151]Nov 5, 2010
    • member since: 08/27/08
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,982
    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    izzyshepp101 wrote:

    Last week he finally let Katherine go and locked her in the tomb. I mean, he was in love with that woman for 145 years! That was a BIG step for him. And then this week he finally truly expressed to Elena how he really feels about her, but knew that his brother deserved her more and erased her memory. He lost two of the women he loved/loves. That must of been so hard for him.



    Maybe this new Rose character will choose him instead of Stefan. Damon could use some loving Plus, I can see a spark of chemistry between them when he had her pinned against the wall



    I'm sure Rose and Damon will have some action, but I doubt anyone can fix his broken heart except for Elena


    I completely agree. I think Damon and Rose will have a hott affair of some sorts but at the end of it all, his heart still belongs to Elena.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [152]Jan 21, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    izzyshepp101 wrote:
    I TOTALLY agree. He was so sensitive and warm and caring in that scene. And plus, how can a person NOT feel bad for him even a little? I mean, every person that he ever loved or cared about has chosen Stefan over him. Even when they were human and Damon was sweet and charming(not that he isn't as a vampire either, but you know what I mean). he's always second, but never first. I just feel SOOOOO bad for him


    Well, to be completely fair, is not like Stefan hasn't come to despise every woman who comes between him and his brother, which is the only reason why he rejects Katherine so much. When you look at this from his perspective, Elena must be as boring for Stefan as Stefan himself is made out to be for the love triangle audience, the only reason he's after her is because Stefan genuinely believes that Elena is not like Katherine, take one step on that direction and Stefan will reject Elena's advances just as strongly as he rejects Katherine's, feel the same comtempt for Elena that feels when Katherine humiliates herself trying to pursue him, in short, can't stand even the sight of Elena just as Stefan can't stand Katherine's.


    What's really stopping Damon is not Stefan - he detest Katherine because she cheated on him while they were still involved - what's stopping Damon is that he can't come to terms with the fact that Katherine never loved him, and he's trying to work out those issues with yet another woman who never loved him. Best case scenario: Damon woos her over before Stefan comes to despise Elena just as strongly as he despises Katherine. Worst case: Damon is rejected before Elena realizes that it has costed her the love of Stefan. Either way, Elena loses the same way every woman who ever cheated on the Salvatore before her.

    Edited on 01/21/2011 8:13am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.