The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Does anybody have a Love/Hate relationship with TVD?

Tvking00

[1]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 5

Well I kinda do I hate some things and love others. I've tried to stop watching this show many times but I cant there are still certain elements of this show that I like such as the plot twist, laughing at Elenas terrible plans, and most of all the mtyhlogy/action. With that said there are several things I dislike such as the nauseating love triangles ( Elena for the love of god pick somebody already stop tip toeing around the subject its only making it worse!!!). Another thing I hate is that they use Bonnie as some sort of magical bailout all the time shes always suffering I wouldn't mind if she went all " Dark Willow" style on everybody and got revenge.

Does anybody else share the same relationship with this show like I do?

Edited on 04/04/2012 12:22pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ionee24

[2]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 32

I just don't care about the show anymore.

It used to be a decent filler between new seasons of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones but now it doesn't deliver even on that front.

I'm practically numb with all the plot twists with no character development. The only reason I still come here is for the Don't care/love/hate thread.

Edited on 04/04/2012 9:50am
    Edited 2 total times.

Kitanishi

[3]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 9
    ionee24 wrote:

It used to be a decent filler between new seasons of The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones but now it doesn't deliver even on that front.

I'm practically numb with all the plot twists with no character development. The only reason I still come here is for the Don't care/love/hate thread.

pretty much this. The show is...frustrating and it pretty much relies on EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE CAST acting as stupid and as illogical as possible. The only way plot happens in TVD is if entire show universe ignores common sense. Add to that the most possibly unlikeable main cast EVER, with the "Bella Swan" of tv shows, Elena Gilbert at the helm and you have boredom.

Used to be angry at the inconsistencies, bad writing and the stupidity in this show, but now I just do not care anymore.

Will stick till finale, because finale is co-written by Brett Matthews, also known as the guy who wrote Firefly's "Heart of Gold", but I doubt I will return for next season. there are just way too many way better shows out there instead of Twilight The TV Show.

ionee24

[4]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 32

Kitanishi wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

pretty much this. The show is...frustrating and it pretty much relies on EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE CAST acting as stupid and as illogical as possible. The only way plot happens in TVD is if entire show universe ignores common sense. Add to that the most possibly unlikeable main cast EVER, with the "Bella Swan" of tv shows, Elena Gilbert at the helm and you have boredom.

Used to be angry at the inconsistencies, bad writing and the stupidity in this show, but now I just do not care anymore.

I still remember that, whenever Damon/Stefan did some unspeakable thing that would send any zombie, white walker or vampire/werewolf/witch/shapeshifter/fairy/etc. to kingdom come in a show with decent writers, Elena just ran the misunderstood card on "her friends" as if they didn't just lost their fathers, grandmothers or their own lives because of it!

Throw the Elijah/Klaus/next Original brother and the show reached a new low its impossible to come back from.

Edited on 04/05/2012 7:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.

LegendKiller87

[5]May 26, 2012
    • level: 18

in a way,I do because they're always doing something wrong to the couples I ship.They killed Anna which killed the Jeremy/Anna ship,they killed Jenna which killed the Jenna/Alaric ship and now something could go wrong with Tyler & Caroline since Klaus is in Tyler's body.Plus I want Katherine back.She was barely in last season and I bet she can spice up the Stelena vs Delena ship war by turning it into Stelena vs Delena vs Steferine vs Datherine.

sunnykimmy

[6]May 28, 2012
    • level: 7

LegendKiller87 wrote:

in a way,I do because they're always doing something wrong to the couples I ship.They killed Anna which killed the Jeremy/Anna ship,they killed Jenna which killed the Jenna/Alaric ship and now something could go wrong with Tyler & Caroline since Klaus is in Tyler's body.Plus I want Katherine back.She was barely in last season and I bet she can spice up the Stelena vs Delena ship war by turning it into Stelena vs Delena vs Steferine vs Datherine.

I was wondering about Tyler. I mean is Tyler dead or is he just possessed? I want to know what Bonnie's spell entailed. There are two options.

Either Bonnie did a body swap between Tyler and Klaus, so that Tyler was in Klaus' body when it went up in flames, which means he's dead. Or Bonnie did the spell in such a way that Klaus was in his own body until the end and his body dying sent his soul/spirit straight into Tyler's body. I want to say the second one, because I don't think Bonnie is cold enough to kill Tyler to save her (other) friends. I'm not sure if she considers Tyler a friend. This would mean that Tyler is possessed and helplessly watching his enemy, Klaus, kiss his girlfriend in his body. He's gonna need therapy after this. And he'll probably kill Klaus himself, especially if Caroline falls head over heels in love with his new and improved *cough snort (Klaus) self.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[7]May 29, 2012
    • level: 13
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

I was wondering about Tyler. I mean is Tyler dead or is he just possessed? I want to know what Bonnie's spell entailed. There are two options.

Either Bonnie did a body swap between Tyler and Klaus, so that Tyler was in Klaus' body when it went up in flames, which means he's dead. Or Bonnie did the spell in such a way that Klaus was in his own body until the end and his body dying sent his soul/spirit straight into Tyler's body. I want to say the second one, because I don't think Bonnie is cold enough to kill Tyler to save her (other) friends. I'm not sure if she considers Tyler a friend. This would mean that Tyler is possessed and helplessly watching his enemy, Klaus, kiss his girlfriend in his body. He's gonna need therapy after this. And he'll probably kill Klaus himself, especially if Caroline falls head over heels in love with his new and improved *cough snort (Klaus) self.

More importantly, will Bonnie tell Caroline what she did? Will Klaus tell Caroline he is in Tyler's body?

Kitanishi

[8]May 29, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

More importantly, will Bonnie tell Caroline what she did? Will Klaus tell Caroline he is in Tyler's body?

Thats all unimportant since according to Plec,
    ***SPOILER***

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[9]May 29, 2012
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

***SPOILER***

Without saying what the spoiler is, I have an issue with it. I believe I saw what you saw. Now magically, it somehow didn't happen? I posted before what I saw and posters in here tried to tell me I didn't see it and that the coffin was closed so that stopped what I saw from continuing...

Please...

sunnykimmy

[10]May 29, 2012
    • level: 7

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

***SPOILER***
    Without saying what the spoiler is, I have an issue with it. I believe I saw what you saw. Now magically, it somehow didn't happen? I posted before what I saw and posters in here tried to tell me I didn't see it and that the coffin was closed so that stopped what I saw from continuing... Please...

Wait what?! That's awesome! I didn't know that.

Kitanishi

[11]May 30, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

***SPOILER***

Without saying what the spoiler is, I have an issue with it. I believe I saw what you saw. Now magically, it somehow didn't happen? I posted before what I saw and posters in here tried to tell me I didn't see it and that the coffin was closed so that stopped what I saw from continuing...

Please...

Exactly why this is the LAMEST "TWIST" they have ever thought up that proves that show is dead. Watch every cliffhanger get undone within first two episodes and yet again NOTHING in the show change.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[12]May 30, 2012
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

LegendKiller87 wrote:

***SPOILER***

Please...

Exactly why this is the LAMEST "TWIST" they have ever thought up that proves that show is dead. Watch every cliffhanger get undone within first two episodes and yet again NOTHING in the show change.

Agreed. Every season builds up to this "cliffhanger" that come undone very simply. I always thought a "cliffhanger" should be something that dramaticaslly changes things for good.

ssa2204

[13]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 6

My opinion is that people watch because they "Love" the genre, but "Hate" the actual product. More precisely TVD has some of the worst written characters, episodes, storyline, and mythology of any show I have seen in a long time. Don't get me wrong here, not trying to be a hater, just accepting the fact with regret that this show is simply not well written. Doesn't mean I still can not enjoy watching it. I have watched Supernatural since day one and can only think that the difference between these two shows is night and day in terms of the quality of writing. Put another way if they were to hire away SPN's writers this should would improve by a factor of ten. Anyone a fan of that show, well just compare Meg to Katherine. Both are suppose to be that hot sultry vampy (no pun intended) bad girl. I don't think of Katherine as a bad girl, but rather someone trying too hard to be the cool kid in town. Some of her lines are just cringe inducing. Which is sad because typically she would be the type of character I most enjoy watching. I'll watch the show, I'll enjoy it, but I won't be so blind and naive as to think that the writing and directing are of any quality.

Beastgirl2

[14]Oct 4, 2012
    • level: 11

Well put; I feel the same way. I know the writing is pretty bad but I still enjoy the show. I get so frustrated with the show for several episodes, and then I'm back to enjoying it again. I really want Elena to become a vampire though. And I am getting sick of Bonnie; I want to hate her for things she has done, but I also feel bad for her for the things that have happened to her and what she's sacrificed. I don't really like Elena with Stefan, because it's boring. But then sometimes it's not so bad. I just wish this show could be consistently entertaining.

Luthius999

[15]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 1
    You guys are all such a hypocrite, and just always complain, as if you guys are all perfect you know....
    This show is great and i'm sure u guys can never make something this good so just enjoy the show and watch it, or dont watch it and dont put whine about it on forums, if it doesnt matter to you.