The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Elena a brunette????

darklibra09

[1]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 1
    I read the books and own them and I know Elena is blonde with blue eyes. I think they got the brothers right but they soooo got Elena wrong!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Koume

[2]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    I know. There's several things that bug me: Bonnie's supposed to be a red head, Stefan is supposed to be stunningly beautiful, and he never kept a diary. Where's Merideth? Elena had a sister not a brother, and why did they change Caroline and Tyler's last names? Seriously, what's the point of changing they're last names? But they did better than I could've hoped for Damon. Ian Somerhalder being Damon makes up for everything.
    Edited on 06/19/2009 3:48pm

TireFears

[3]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 6
    I honestly don't see why everyone is making such a fuss about the physicality when the story itself seems not be following the books. I mean, I'm really not a loyalist so if it's entertaining then I won't complain. But from the previews, they seem to get a couple of things wrong.

First of all, Elena seems so quiet and timid in the previews. Elena is supposed to be the queen bee and a b****. She has an army of envious followers and they nearly grovel on the ground before her(well, all except Caroline). In the show she just she only has a couple of friends and comes off as a major Mary-Sue. And don't even get me started on how Stefan is talking to her at parties and smiling at her in class. Stefan is supposed to be the only guy in school who doesn't give Elena the time or day. Hell, it was so bad that she had to confront him and ask him why did he hate her. I can't see her asking him "Why do you hate me so much?" in the show when he's talking about passionate relationships with her right from the beginning. Stefan is supposed to be a hard shell and Elena rarely cracks it.

And as for Damon, I just pray that they manage to get his dynamic with Elena right. Elena is supposed to be the girl who often challenges him. She's the one who isn't afraid of him and is also capable of avoiding his spells. Their relationship is dangerous because she doesn't trust herself in his presence, not because she fears him. I just hope they get that right.

amethyst20003

[4]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    The whole physical appearance thing was the first thing that popped up at me from the previews. I was like...Elena is blond..it's been told to us multiple times that Elena is blond and she has eyes that are the color of violets. Even the second book, the cover shows us a blond girl who we can all safely assume is Elena. But then again shows often change apperances, but not so drastically. I think Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl was supposed to have blue eyes, while Leighton Meester has brown eyes. Hopefully this all turns out okay though.

monke4sale

[5]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 9
    The girl who is playing Elena did originaly bugged me for the fact that she wasn't blonde with blue eyes... but I'm going to get over that and just be pure excited for the show to start... I think the guys they have playing the brothers are really good choices, and beside the fact that the girl doesn't have the exact apperance as Elena from the book, I don't really know about her acting since I don't think I've ever seen her acting if she has acted before, shes new to me, but I'm hoping shes a good choice to play Elena. All I can say is I loved the series and the show better not mess it up... I'm totaly cool that the shows or movies can not be exactly like the books but please don't completely change everything!

Skittles2008

[6]Aug 3, 2009
    • level: 9
    i just don't like the girl who is playing her at all. this girl is not that great of an actress in my opinion

Adicted_87

[7]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    unless you've seen her in other things then that's understandable but if you got that from one episode? grow up!
    Edited on 09/12/2009 12:01pm

OnePerCentClub

[8]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 35
    I agree, I think she did a good job. Besides, it's only the pilot!!!

radchick606

[9]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    i actually prefer her as a brunette, thats just me though, and stefen is pretty hot

KingofIPirates

[10]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    Don't really see what the big deal is about Elena being a brunette?