The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Has Anybody read the book?

terriordx32

[1]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 3
    I havent, but i went looked it up on wikipedia and read the synopses and wow. I wish i would have read the book from what i read its real good. Especially with the whole katherine/Elena thing that will happen in the future (i wont spoil it).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

OkayKath

[2]Feb 16, 2010
    • level: 3
    I've read them all, and couple weeks til Shadow Souls, Volume 2 of the Return(also called Damon) series. The books are great. Elena is a good character, not the usual nice girl thing like the show. She's stuck-up and all that, Damon is so much more interesting, so if you thought Ian Somerhalder was great, the books will amaze you. The Fury is easily the best.

BadWolf_35

[3]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 14

The books are good.. a few cliches but still good, I am halfway through The return vol. 1

The show however is crap compared to the books, I watched an episode or twoand could not watch anymore because it is just too different from the books.. The actresses who play Elena and Bonnie are all wrong, Jeremy does not exist in the books (at least not untillwhere I am up to) & I have looked the show up on the internet & I cant find the characters Meredith or Aunt Judith (but I may be wrong about that one).

My advice to the writers.. if you are going to make a tv show based on a book, keep in line with the book!

Okay rant over.. sorry bout that just needed to get it out lol

BadWolf_35

[4]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 14
    BadWolf_35 wrote:

The books are good.. a few cliches but still good, I am halfway through The return vol. 1

The show however is crap compared to the books, I watched an episode or twoand could not watch anymore because it is just too different from the books.. The actresses who play Elena and Bonnie are all wrong, Jeremy does not exist in the books (at least not untillwhere I am up to) & I have looked the show up on the internet & I cant find the characters Meredith or Aunt Judith (but I may be wrong about that one).

My advice to the writers.. if you are going to make a tv show based on a book, keep in line with the book!

Oh but Damon is still awesome tho.. forgot too mention that with all my ranting

thec0mebackman

[5]Feb 26, 2010
    • level: 15

BadWolf_35 wrote:

seriously, GET OVER IT. this is the TV SHOW, NOT THE BOOK. did you not see Elena was brunete, not blonde? that's because the books & the show are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. people, it's not that hard. how many times must we repeat it. they are both different elements. & i wish i read the books but if you keep repeating that they are amazing, THEN THE BOOKS ARE AMAZING like you say they are. leave the show alone & let the rest of the fans enjoy it. i love this show, don't disrespect it please.

Edited on 02/26/2010 8:05pm

johnmarlena422

[6]Mar 1, 2010
    • level: 16

i completely agree and I HAVE read the books and yes they really are amazing but in my opinion so is the show, the books dont take away from its greatness at all imo.

Aleshiaadams57

[7]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 4
    No but i'm going to pick it up sooner or later

MacAttac

[8]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    The show clearly is not following the books.

I am glad! If the show turns Elena into a vampire, I am done! She's the heroine.

Dec1964

[9]Feb 1, 2013
    • level: 33

MacAttac wrote:
    The show clearly is not following the books. I am glad! If the show turns Elena into a vampire, I am done! She's the heroine.

I totally agree, i'm waiting for Elena to turn into a higher being.