The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

How could they possibly drag out this series?

ANDRA22

[21]Feb 23, 2012
    • level: 3

WTF??? I want Klaus to become a series regular...he is the most interesting character on the show right now...If I have to see another season or storyline with the Salvatore brothers fighting for Elena's love, and the ho3 can't decide, I'll have to stake myself!!! I despise Elena...and she made a pussy out of the awesome Damon from season 1...and she ruined him for me!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Whiskey85

[22]Feb 25, 2012
    • level: 2
    I would be pretty interested in seeing Elijah's affection for Elena grow.

angrodpallanen

[23]Feb 27, 2012
    • level: 22

I ask myself every week how there's even a story for the next episode because it always feels like a season finale. This show has managed to make me care and put me on the edge of my seat every week, every season. Whatever comes next, I'm on board and I have no doubt the brilliant writers will amaze me and deliver some of the finest shows on network television.

thec0mebackman

[24]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 15
    this show is one of my favorites, and it's absolutely brilliant. however this thread makes a good point. every season, there is some sort of theme they play by. season one- introduction to vamps, witches, werewolves, etc. season two- Katherine. season three- the Originals. now i am keeping my fingers crossed that by the season 3 finale, Elena becomes a vampire just like in the books. so season 4's theme should be Elena as a vampire. that is definitely how they will drag out the series. another element they may include are angels. but that shouldn't come into the show until later on, say maybe season 5 or so. i'm not worried at all that this show will run out of ideas. it's run by geniuses and they never fail in keeping us on the edge of our seats. they surely won't disappoint.

Kitanishi

[25]Apr 15, 2012
    • level: 9

Its quite clear that this show degenerated A LOT to the point where they can jut pull off things out of nowhere (oh look! bloodline thing no one even hinted at!)

This whole season has been pointless, boring filler that RAPED the idea of Klaus as villain and pretty much accomplished nothing, but making the "fanbase" hate Elena EVEN MORE than they hated that personality-less thing before, not to mention continuing to try to rip off superior shows.

They can easily add pointless epsiodes with them stumbling in the woods for no reason at all like they did this season. Or they can add horribly boring, bland and pointless flashbacks that only introduce even more plotholes(Seriously, tvd, you are nowhere near the quality that is once upon a time, stop trying to imitate good shows and stop with the flashbacks. You fail at them)

We already know that there will be "villain bigger than klaus"(lol what a surprise) alerady. If this season is any indication, this show needs nothing else but to have some guy titled as "villain" (even if he as scary, as let's say, a plushie teddy bear, in case of FAILKlaus). Then the show can spend all 22 episodes of going back and forth aimlessly just as it did this season.

Edited on 04/15/2012 1:33am
    Edited 3 total times.

thec0mebackman

[26]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 15
    ^ i highly disagree. why do some fans find the need to always bash a show, even when it is going at such great pace? TVD is still kicking a$$ in my honest opinion, and it never disappoints. one solution to complainers: get your remote and change the channel. nobody is forcing you to watch it.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[27]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    ^ i highly disagree. why do some fans find the need to always bash a show, even when it is going at such great pace? TVD is still kicking a$$ in my honest opinion, and it never disappoints. one solution to complainers: get your remote and change the channel. nobody is forcing you to watch it.

I guess the negative energy by the complainers shorted out their remotes....so they cannot change the channel to watch something else or have the strength to even get out of their seats.

IMHO, a true fan would never bash their own show. They may point out some scenes they did not like or agree with, but for the most part they will never trash their own show.

Kitanishi

[28]Apr 24, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

IMHO, a true fan would never bash their own show. They may point out some scenes they did not like or agree with, but for the most part they will never trash their own show.

Correction.

A fanboy/fangirl won't bash their show. A true fan is open to criticism and does not cover his eyes when the show is going down the drain of mediocrity.

ionee24

[29]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 32

Kitanishi wrote:
    Correction.

A fanboy/fangirl won't bash their show. A true fan is open to criticism and does not cover his eyes when the show is going down the drain of mediocrity.

I agree, even the most rabid fans were open to criticicm back on Lost and some couldn't care less about the island as long as Jack & Kate, Kate & Sawyer or Sawyer & Juliet would end up together.

Somehow, no one I know cares about the love triangle of TVD anymore. If the plot is not that good either then the show looks bad all around.

Edited on 04/24/2012 9:21am
    Edited 2 total times.

stanmorne

[30]Apr 24, 2012
    • level: 6
    ionee24 wrote:

Kitanishi wrote:
    Correction.

I agree, even the most rabid fans were open to criticicm back on Lost and some couldn't care less about the island as long as Jack & Kate, Kate & Sawyer or Sawyer & Juliet would end up together.

Somehow, no one I know cares about the love triangle of TVD anymore. If the plot is not that good either then the show looks bad all around.

I somehow agree that this season's plotline wasn't the best, but as I have said before many successful shows do have 'that' season. Are you quitting this season or will you give season 4 a chance?

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[32]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 13
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Correction.

Making a criticism is one thing, but four paragraphs of criticisms is a bashing.

If I had to type more than two paragraphs of complaints about a show, I would use my remote to watch something else unless I was a glutten for punishment.

HepsiAyque

[33]Apr 25, 2012
    • level: 1
    Here! Here!

Kitanishi

[34]Apr 25, 2012
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Correction.

Making a criticism is one thing, but four paragraphs of criticisms is a bashing.

If I had to type more than two paragraphs of complaints about a show, I would use my remote to watch something else unless I was a glutten for punishment.

You seem to have inverted the whole logic.

writing one negative sentence IS bashing.

writing a couple of paragraphs of argumented opinion is critique.

stanmorne

[35]Apr 26, 2012
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:

Correction.

You seem to have inverted the whole logic.

writing one negative sentence IS bashing.

writing a couple of paragraphs of argumented opinion is critique.

So are you quitting after 'the filler season'? I'm just curious to know or will you continue to help us realise every episode what went wrong with the critique.

ionee24

[36]May 2, 2012
    stanmorne wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I somehow agree that this season's plotline wasn't the best, but as I have said before many successful shows do have 'that' season. Are you quitting this season or will you give season 4 a chance?

I already quit after the last season.

I only come here for the I don't care/love/hate thread.

Loralee_jk

[37]May 2, 2012
    • level: 38

..IDK

stanmorne

[38]May 3, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I already quit after the last season.

I only come here for the I don't care/love/hate thread.
    but if you come for that thread where do you get the knowledge to play if you don't watch the show?

ionee24

[39]May 3, 2012
    I'm just guessing.

Are you telling me no one even noticed it yet??? (Boy, this show must be even more predictable than I originally thought).

stanmorne

[40]May 4, 2012
    ionee24 wrote:
    I'm just guessing.

Are you telling me no one even noticed it yet??? (Boy, this show must be even more predictable than I originally thought).

hmm okay i'm sure. so what do you guess happened in the penultimate episode?