The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

How many seasons should The Vampire Diaries get?

  • Avatar of greysanatomy12

    greysanatomy12

    [1]Aug 21, 2010
    • member since: 10/20/09
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 418

    Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelust34

    angelust34

    [2]Aug 23, 2010
    • member since: 11/09/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 280
    If they manage to keep up the show interesting as it was season one, then it might be on for a quite some time, personally I hope it will be on for a very long time, it is my favourite show without any doubt.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [3]Aug 23, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

    Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?


    I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RachelleMcAdams

    RachelleMcAdams

    [4]Aug 24, 2010
    • member since: 05/11/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 549
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

    Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?


    I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.


    I doubt they'll go for more than 5 seasons the cast isn't getting any younger and by that time I'm sure the actors would want to move on with different projects
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DegrassiFan619

    DegrassiFan619

    [5]Aug 24, 2010
    • member since: 12/21/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,016

    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:


    Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?


    I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.
    I doubt they'll go for more than 5 seasons the cast isn't getting any younger and by that time I'm sure the actors would want to move on with different projects
    Well, it's not like Elena/All the other non-vamps can't look a little bit older. I know Katherine is a problem, because she is the same person that plays Elena. Makeup does wonders I guess. Paul Wesley/Ian Somerhalder are in their 30's >_>

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AllieAllie

    AllieAllie

    [6]Sep 10, 2010
    • member since: 07/12/07
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,219

    5 seasons at least seems ok

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [7]Sep 22, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771

    DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:


    Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?


    I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.


    I doubt they'll go for more than 5 seasons the cast isn't getting any younger and by that time I'm sure the actors would want to move on with different projects


    Well, it's not like Elena/All the other non-vamps can't look a little bit older. I know Katherine is a problem, because she is the same person that plays Elena. Makeup does wonders I guess. Paul Wesley/Ian Somerhalder are in their 30's >_>



    Yeah, but Damon is supposed to look on his late twenties/early thirties to be a suitable "guardian" for his brother, Stefan can only look like a teeaneger for so long before someone suspects of vampires on Mystic Falls but I guess everything is possible, I doubt they intend to keep Elena and her friends on high school forever.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelust34

    angelust34

    [8]Sep 22, 2010
    • member since: 11/09/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 280

    Then the will continue on college, when high school is over

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [9]Sep 22, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls?

    That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pjt

    pjt

    [10]Sep 29, 2010
    • member since: 11/19/03
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 75
    Lots.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RachelleMcAdams

    RachelleMcAdams

    [11]Sep 30, 2010
    • member since: 05/11/10
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 549
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls?

    That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.


    That be cool but the character of Katherine would be long gone if that happened
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pgsuperfan

    pgsuperfan

    [12]Oct 1, 2010
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,361

    5 seasons seems about right

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dannyta2

    dannyta2

    [13]Oct 5, 2010
    • member since: 08/19/10
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 290
    5 maybe... 6 or more would be pushing it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MelissaSchwolow

    MelissaSchwolow

    [14]Oct 10, 2010
    • member since: 10/16/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 49
    My best guess is between 5-6 seasons, possibly more is the success continues going strong as it is! I just hope when they do end it, they end it right... Julie Plec also produced Kyle XY which was probably the only show I've ever been as into as I am for this show and it was ended so wrongly and opened up more questions than it closed... I don't think they'll have that problem though, the mysteries here are a lot less complex and CW is a lot better than ABCF...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [15]Oct 10, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls?

    That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.


    That be cool but the character of Katherine would be long gone if that happened

    I don't think she's here to stay for more than 2 seasons really, we know she won't settle for Damon and Stefan would rather die than to let go of Elena so Katherine is bound to be killed at one point or another.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pgsuperfan

    pgsuperfan

    [16]Oct 11, 2010
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 4,361

    they need a show to last for a while after SMALLVILLE and SUPERNATURAL go off

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hatts8

    hatts8

    [17]Oct 12, 2010
    • member since: 06/30/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 45

    ionee24 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls? That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.
    That be cool but the character of Katherine would be long gone if that happened
    I don't think she's here to stay for more than 2 seasons really, we know she won't settle for Damon and Stefan would rather die than to let go of Elena so Katherine is bound to be killed at one point or another.



    the Duke idea makes sense but i heard Keven Williams say that its really a show about the history of a small town so I don't know how a big move will fit into that vision...


    I agree I don't think kathrine will be around for more than one and maybe two seasons, if for no other reason then that it must be a little hard on the editing and makeup crews and on Nina Dobrev...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of saxyroro

    saxyroro

    [18]Oct 16, 2010
    • member since: 10/16/03
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 171

    Since I only caught up on the first second season few days ago, I want it to go on forever I LOVE thecontinuousstories.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nagowteena

    Nagowteena

    [19]Oct 20, 2010
    • member since: 03/27/09
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 551
    five seasons, maybe more, just as long as they keep things fresh and interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [20]Oct 22, 2010
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,771
    hatts8 wrote:

    ionee24 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls? That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.
    That be cool but the character of Katherine would be long gone if that happened
    I don't think she's here to stay for more than 2 seasons really, we know she won't settle for Damon and Stefan would rather die than to let go of Elena so Katherine is bound to be killed at one point or another.



    the Duke idea makes sense but i heard Keven Williams say that its really a show about the history of a small town so I don't know how a big move will fit into that vision...


    I agree I don't think kathrine will be around for more than one and maybe two seasons, if for no other reason then that it must be a little hard on the editing and makeup crews and on Nina Dobrev...


    Duke can always stretch the storyline a season or two once the characters inevitably go to college. I just don't think this show can last as much as Smallville
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.