The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

How many seasons should The Vampire Diaries get?

greysanatomy12

[1]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 16

Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelust34

[2]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 9
    If they manage to keep up the show interesting as it was season one, then it might be on for a quite some time, personally I hope it will be on for a very long time, it is my favourite show without any doubt.

ionee24

[3]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 32
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

Honestly,I don't know.I mean right now it's the best show on the CW as far as ratings are corcerned.The CW is definitely going to take advantage of the success of the show and run for many years.My guess is propably 5-6 seasons.I don't know how many books there are and i have no idea whether or not the writers follow the books.What's your guess?

I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.

RachelleMcAdams

[4]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 11
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

I think it depends: if they focus only on the love triangle then I give them only 3 to 4 seasons, if they focus on everything like True Blood does then maybe 6 to 8.

I doubt they'll go for more than 5 seasons the cast isn't getting any younger and by that time I'm sure the actors would want to move on with different projects

DegrassiFan619

[5]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 10

RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

I doubt they'll go for more than 5 seasons the cast isn't getting any younger and by that time I'm sure the actors would want to move on with different projects
    Well, it's not like Elena/All the other non-vamps can't look a little bit older. I know Katherine is a problem, because she is the same person that plays Elena. Makeup does wonders I guess. Paul Wesley/Ian Somerhalder are in their 30's >_>

AllieAllie

[6]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 22

5 seasons at least seems ok

ionee24

[7]Sep 22, 2010

DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    greysanatomy12 wrote:

Well, it's not like Elena/All the other non-vamps can't look a little bit older. I know Katherine is a problem, because she is the same person that plays Elena. Makeup does wonders I guess. Paul Wesley/Ian Somerhalder are in their 30's >_>

Yeah, but Damon is supposed to look on his late twenties/early thirties to be a suitable "guardian" for his brother, Stefan can only look like a teeaneger for so long before someone suspects of vampires on Mystic Falls but I guess everything is possible, I doubt they intend to keep Elena and her friends on high school forever.

angelust34

[8]Sep 22, 2010
    • level: 9

Then the will continue on college, when high school is over

ionee24

[9]Sep 22, 2010
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls?

That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.

pjt

[10]Sep 29, 2010
    • level: 8
    Lots.

RachelleMcAdams

[11]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 11
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls?

That be cool but the character of Katherine would be long gone if that happened

pgsuperfan

[12]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 25

5 seasons seems about right

dannyta2

[13]Oct 5, 2010
    • level: 6
    5 maybe... 6 or more would be pushing it.

MelissaSchwolow

[14]Oct 10, 2010
    • level: 6
    My best guess is between 5-6 seasons, possibly more is the success continues going strong as it is! I just hope when they do end it, they end it right... Julie Plec also produced Kyle XY which was probably the only show I've ever been as into as I am for this show and it was ended so wrongly and opened up more questions than it closed... I don't think they'll have that problem though, the mysteries here are a lot less complex and CW is a lot better than ABCF...

ionee24

[15]Oct 10, 2010
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I don't think she's here to stay for more than 2 seasons really, we know she won't settle for Damon and Stefan would rather die than to let go of Elena so Katherine is bound to be killed at one point or another.

pgsuperfan

[16]Oct 11, 2010
    • level: 25

they need a show to last for a while after SMALLVILLE and SUPERNATURAL go off

hatts8

[17]Oct 12, 2010
    • level: 3

ionee24 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls? That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.
    I don't think she's here to stay for more than 2 seasons really, we know she won't settle for Damon and Stefan would rather die than to let go of Elena so Katherine is bound to be killed at one point or another.

the Duke idea makes sense but i heard Keven Williams say that its really a show about the history of a small town so I don't know how a big move will fit into that vision...

I agree I don't think kathrine will be around for more than one and maybe two seasons, if for no other reason then that it must be a little hard on the editing and makeup crews and on Nina Dobrev...

saxyroro

[18]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 13

Since I only caught up on the first second season few days ago, I want it to go on forever I LOVE thecontinuousstories.

Nagowteena

[19]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 13
    five seasons, maybe more, just as long as they keep things fresh and interesting.

ionee24

[20]Oct 22, 2010
    hatts8 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    RachelleMcAdams wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    That would be my guess, otherwise what would be the point to introduce Duke University so conveniently near Mystic Falls? That way the show can continue when they all go to college there.

the Duke idea makes sense but i heard Keven Williams say that its really a show about the history of a small town so I don't know how a big move will fit into that vision...

I agree I don't think kathrine will be around for more than one and maybe two seasons, if for no other reason then that it must be a little hard on the editing and makeup crews and on Nina Dobrev...

Duke can always stretch the storyline a season or two once the characters inevitably go to college. I just don't think this show can last as much as Smallville