The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Is anyone else sick of the comparison to twilight?

Are you tired of the comparisons to twilight?

lilbeanz

[41]May 5, 2010
    • level: 4

thats true elenas personallity is way different in the book, so i think the show might take a different direction. not only that if you read the book bonnie is a mixture of characters from the book, but that is besides the point. I honestly hate how people say its a knock off especially since vampires diaries was made in the early 90's and if you were born in 90's like me you wouldnt know that. so twilight fans u should go get a vampire diaries book and look at the publications date and you will find that is older that twilight. So there

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

carioca22

[42]May 5, 2010
    • level: 15

Sure, TVD books were written first. I didn't read them but from all I've read on forums, TVD books and series have some differences. Those differences were writen on the show after all the Twilight hype.

Producers and writers of a new show of teenage vampires will certaily try to attract Twilight fans (like it or not they are many and willing to spend time and money on vampire things). It's all about money to these TV people.

There were quite many Twilight things specially on the inicial episodes, preciselly to attract attention. Now at the end of the first season, with fans on its own, twilight things are not there anymore.

pgsuperfan

[43]May 7, 2010
    • level: 25

I have notseen any of the Twilight movies but now that I am into the Vampire Diaries I might want to take a look at them and see if they remind me of Vampire Diaries !!!

Togana

[44]May 7, 2010
    • level: 9

I'll say, after having watched several episodes of TVD and two Twilight movies, I'll go on record saying I stand corrected. I was one of the ppl who said this was like Twilight. I actually enjoy watching TVD simply for Damon, where as Twilight series doesn't have one character I like, they are ALL dead on the inside. Those books and movies was the worst I've ever seen, absolutely no value at all. Whereas, at least TVD does have Damon who literally breathes life into the series. And the plotlines are different, too, so I'll give TVD that as well. They're slightly more entertaining. Twilight sucks horribly. HORRIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 05/07/2010 5:22pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ionee24

[45]May 7, 2010
    • level: 32
    brandonfrench wrote:
    Ok I respect people's opinion on y they hate this show. But seriously half the people hate it because it is the next twilight. Thsi show is nothing like twilight! Similar premise,yes but really the show is very different from twilight and I wish people would give a better explanation other than it being "like twilight".

Point is is anyone else tired of the comparisons this show is getting to twilight?

I think they brought it on themselves when they "adjusted" the characters of Elena and Stefan, either way it shouldn't be a problem after they introduced Katherine, Twilight doesn't have a love triangle.

Helostwin

[46]May 12, 2010
    • level: 17
    brandonfrench wrote:
    Twilight doesn't have a love triangle.

You're KIDDING right Brandon? Twilight is almost ENTIRELY about a love triangle between a human, a vampire and a werewolf

ionee24

[47]May 12, 2010
    Helostwin wrote:
    You're KIDDING right Brandon? Twilight is almost ENTIRELY about a love triangle between a human, a vampire and a werewolf

They should've wrote it better then because to me it sounds like an "epic" romance between a vampire and a [former] human in a high school filled with vampires, witches and werewolves: there's no love triangle in sight.

Togana

[48]May 18, 2010
    • level: 9

I agree, It's a vampire and human dimwitted deadlike girl in love with each other with a stupid werewolf loser looking at their relationship from the outside, wishing he was Edward. Jake will never be a love interest for Bella. That's not a love triangle. Read Tanya Huff or D.N. Simmonsfor a good representation of a love triangle/threesome relationship... not to mention a for more superior Vampire book too.

ursinism

[49]May 18, 2010
    • level: 11
    Twilight is the worst movie ever made and I'm not afraid to say so. Plus being a vampire fan since I was a kid the plot of those movies is just stupid.
    The Vampire diaries is one of the best scripted shows I've ever seen and even being a long season one.
    What I mean is that even if you like it or not, it looks like they wrote the story and respected it from day one and every episode was already known (at least writers) because it fits like a jigsaw with things that happened many episodes before.

I just saw the finale and it freaking rocks XD

alannacandyx3

[50]May 19, 2010
    • level: 2

This show is 100% different then twilight. They are completely different shows.. and if you are just saying that they are the same, because they both have vampire's in them, then you should definitely watch. Anyone who has seen this show, every week, would knwo, that vampire diaries and twilight are completely TOTALLY different.

alannacandyx3

[51]May 19, 2010
    • level: 2
    I COMPLETELY AGREE! the vampire's are hotter, WAYY HOTTER, and the actors are sooooo much better. this show, is AMAZING, and unlike twilight, there is actually talent.. i love twilight books.. i just hate how they put amateur actors into the movie.. it made it horrible.... VAMPIRE DIARIES is totally different.. and anyone can see it..

Jacks_Son

[52]May 19, 2010
    • level: 13

No, it doesn't bother me. I simply choose to ignore it and any such comments. Why can't others do the same?

Dec1964

[53]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 33

The Vampire Diaries is so much better than Twilight.

ionee24

[54]Dec 2, 2012
    Jacks_Son wrote:

No, it doesn't bother me. I simply choose to ignore it and any such comments. Why can't others do the same?

I guess because there's the inherent fear the ratings will sink once the Twillight movies are over.

Either way, we should figure out this season.