The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Is Damon Innocent of killing Alaric's wife?

Ajclannachan

[1]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 8

Could Damon be innocent?

It is possible that another vampire used his mind powers to make him think it was Damon who killed Alaric wife. He doesn't have many fans and it does seem like allot of people hate the Salvador brothers and knew Katherine quite well. Perhaps they may have even been jealous or even blame Damon for what happened to Katherine.

If it turns out that Alaric is Elena's father or his wifes child then things could get quite sticky. I guess we will have to wait to see what Damon says about it when it all comes to light, but I wouldn't be surprised if Damon didn't do the deed as it would kill any chance of him been with Elena or Bonnie.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Ajclannachan wrote:
    It is possible that another vampire used his mind powers to make him think it was Damon who killed Alaric wife.
    Why would they go through the trouble? Given Damon's background; he didn't particularly care who he killed or toyed with as long as he fed or was entertained so it's very unlikely that he simply killed her because he was forced to. The only vampires shown to be strong enough to compel him would be Lexie(given her advanced age) who's already dead and had a personal dislike for Damon and his carefree ways or Katherine who's trapped in a tomb. And the reasoning would have to be much stronger than to simply keep Damon from getting together with Elena as that could be easily done without going to such unnecessary lengths.

DegrassiFan619

[3]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'm thinking that Isobel is alive.. Er, dead/alive. A vampire.

Damon had to be invited into her house to get in, so maybe they had met before that night..

Also, maybe Isobel was already dying or something, and Damon turned her because he knew she was related to Katherine or something. Just a thought.

basicallybusted

[4]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 1
    I think Damon can hardly be accused of being 'innocent' of anything. But I don't think Alaric's image of a good/pure/perfect wife is entirelt accurate either. Whether or not this Isobel is Elena's runaway momma...she let Damon in. I doubt it was mere stupidity (Damon doesn't seem the sort to pose as a pizza delivery boy...).

KingofIPirates

[5]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 32
    Could've been as simple as pretending to have car trouble and asking to call AAA. It's not that difficult to get into someones house if you have a good enough reason.

thec0mebackman

[6]Feb 3, 2010
    • level: 15
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    Could've been as simple as pretending to have car trouble and asking to call AAA. It's not that difficult to get into someones house if you have a good enough reason.

made me LOL. that's true though. anyways the real question is: is Damon innocent of killing anyone for that matter? eh don't think so. the guy's killed countless people. him killin Isabel is no exception.

DegrassiFan619

[7]Feb 3, 2010
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

made me LOL. that's true though. anyways the real question is: is Damon innocent of killing anyone for that matter? eh don't think so. the guy's killed countless people. him killin Isabel is no exception.

Yeah, it does make sense, but him killing Elena's mother pretty much crosses him out of the love triangle. So the writers will probably think of something to make it seem like he HAD to kill her.

thec0mebackman

[8]Feb 3, 2010
    DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Yeah, it does make sense, but him killing Elena's mother pretty much crosses him out of the love triangle. So the writers will probably think of something to make it seem like he HAD to kill her.

you know i never thought of it like that. that's so true ...i just wanna know if Isabel is the mother forsure. if she is, & Elena finds out Damon killed her. wow well the war has just begun. anyone have any theories as to why Damon killed Isabel? or was it just his typical slaughter of the night cus he was hungry & bored, lol

HappyGirl818

[9]Feb 5, 2010
    After tonight's episode I'm thinking, if this Isabelle is Elena's mother (which she must be why would they be going to all this trouble over her if she wasn't), that she's a vampire. After that whole thing of Damon taking her and them never finding her body...yep I'm thinking she's a vampire. Now the question is why did Damon turn her? There's clearly going to be more to this than Damon just turning (or killing her if I'm wrong) for recreation.

Dec1964

[10]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 33
    I think DAMON did kill Alaric's wife Isabel.

OkayKath

[11]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 3
    This is sort of gross. Stefan in the books says that sharing blood is supposed to mean love. If he did turn Alaric's wife than he must've taken her blood and her his. Not that Damon really cares about the love thing about it, like with Vicki but just from the Katherine to the mother to the daughter.. that can't happen... right? 3 from one family.. and that might be the reason he turned Alaric's wife, but wow.

Ajclannachan

[12]Feb 6, 2010

Yeah after seeing the last episode things are pointing to the fact that Damon turned Alaric's wife/Elena's mother. It probably had something to do with his quest to open the door to Katherine's toomb.

If she has been changed then she would make the biggest impact at the end of the season, like a cliff hanger. Her walking up to Elena and saying "Hi! Im your mom and oh and by the way your bf's brother turned me"

Dec1964

[13]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 33
    If Isabel is still alive, wouldn't she come back to see Alaric her husband, even though she would be a Vamp.....?

Kristina267

[14]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    I think Isabel is a vampire. If Stefan knew Elena before that day at school, who's to say Damon didn't either? Damon isn't as bad as he may seem. I think Isabel was dying, and Damon saved her. Or who knows maybe Alaric thought it was Damon who killed her, maybe he saw wrong or something. And if Isabel is a vampire, lets hope she stays away from Alaric because he might try to kill her. I'd hate for her to be a vampire, and go see Alaric only to end up getting killed before we know what's going on. Man, sooner or later Damon is going to have alot of explaining to do...

thec0mebackman

[15]Feb 8, 2010
    Kristina267 wrote:
    I think Isabel is a vampire. If Stefan knew Elena before that day at school, who's to say Damon didn't either? Damon isn't as bad as he may seem. I think Isabel was dying, and Damon saved her. Or who knows maybe Alaric thought it was Damon who killed her, maybe he saw wrong or something. And if Isabel is a vampire, lets hope she stays away from Alaric because he might try to kill her. I'd hate for her to be a vampire, and go see Alaric only to end up getting killed before we know what's going on. Man, sooner or later Damon is going to have alot of explaining to do...

nice theories, i agree

crossfac3

[16]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 2
    Interesting theories guys, but I think Damon did it.

ummhaniyyah

[17]Feb 8, 2010

My votes:

Isabel is Elena's mother - she would have had her well before marrying Alaric.

She is a vampire. I think Salzman was telling the truth about her being interested in the paranormal. So interested that she may have wanted to be turned.

Damon likely knew her connection to Katherine, though he may not have known that she was Elena's mother.

Though Damon must have overheard Elena's dialogue with Jenna about finding out more about her adoption as the reason she was digging through the Gilbert papers. He didn't ask any questions. Makes one think that he already knows the answers.

If Isabel is a vampire, she'll turn up soon enough.

I don't think they would throw away an actress like the one who plays Isabel (I'm blanking on her name) - so I think that her role has got to be bigger than that.

MacAttac

[18]Feb 12, 2010
    • level: 9
    Damon definitely did it!

He is not as bad as we may think!? Look at the way he rips Bree's heart out. Yes, she double-crossed him, but he killed Lexi. Lexi seemed like she would be a good friend to just about anyone.

meStranger

[19]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 5
    i think Isabel is not dead...i think damn turned her to a vampire

Jacks_Son

[20]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 13
    Isabel is played by Mia Kirschner. I doubt TVD would bring in such a highly sought after actress simply to do a one off, but then again, look what they did with Gina Torres. Most likely, since the showrunners absolutely LOVE killing off characters, they'll bring Mia back for 1-2 episodes and then dust her.