The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Katherine & The Vervain(Spoilers)

toridawson

[1]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 7

How come Damon gave her the Vervain so she could leave but three episodes later she is still there?

I am confused....I thought that she was no longer able to be compelled therefore, why has she not left

unless I am missing something?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CheckeredYcats

[2]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 8

It's only been one episode later. And she was compelled to stay in the house before she got the vervain from Damon. She can't leave until Klaus tells her otherwise, vervain, or no vervain.

johnmarlena422

[3]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 16

toridawson wrote:

How come Damon gave her the Vervain so she could leave but three episodes later she is still there?

I am confused....I thought that she was no longer able to be compelled therefore, why has she not left

He didn't give her vervain so she could leave he gave it to her to protect against any future compulsion but the vervain can't undo what's already been compelled.

Edited on 04/28/2011 9:24pm

Azzii

[4]May 1, 2011
    • level: 3

how long does it take for the vervain to leave her system?

johnmarlena422

[5]May 1, 2011
    Azzii wrote:

how long does it take for the vervain to leave her system?

I think it's supposed to be for like 48 hrs

jstitely1

[6]May 1, 2011
    • level: 12

johnmarlena422 wrote:

toridawson wrote:

He didn't give her vervain so she could leave he gave it to her to protect against any future compulsion but the vervain can't undo what's already been compelled.

Also, there was something about Klaus compelling her to stay in the house, but not until the end of time. so there may be something about how if he stops saying it, or if he lets her out of the house for like 5 seconds she can leave. they didnt really explain it. i dont think to protect against future compulsion is neccesarily right because katherine ended up doing the stuff he wanted to compell her to do anyway, in order for him not ot know that she had vervain.

johnmarlena422

[7]May 1, 2011
    jstitely1 wrote:

johnmarlena422 wrote:

toridawson wrote:

Also, there was something about Klaus compelling her to stay in the house, but not until the end of time. so there may be something about how if he stops saying it, or if he lets her out of the house for like 5 seconds she can leave. they didnt really explain it. i dont think to protect against future compulsion is neccesarily right because katherine ended up doing the stuff he wanted to compell her to do anyway, in order for him not ot know that she had vervain.

Well yeah but she wasn't actually under compulsion she just did those things anyway so he wouldn't know she had ingested vervain.

Azzii

[8]May 2, 2011
    • level: 3

what do you think would have happened if he found out she was on vervain? would he kill her or just wait for it to pass out of her system and then compell her to stay in there til the end of time Laughing

johnmarlena422

[9]May 2, 2011
    Azzii wrote:

what do you think would have happened if he found out she was on vervain? would he kill her or just wait for it to pass out of her system and then compell her to stay in there til the end of time Laughing

No way would Klaus kill her so soon, he wants her to suffer. I think he'd just make her suffer a whole lot more for the additional act of betrayal lol

toridawson

[10]May 3, 2011
    • level: 7
    Honestly i think that Vervain plot device was just incredibly stupid...especially if they aren't even going to use it for the time being. But ehhhh lol