Official Episode Discussion 2.17: "Know Thy Enemy"

ionee24

[41]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 32

jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    haldrey wrote:
    Just waiting to see Bonnie in action.
    Me too. Bonnie vs Alaric its bound to be awesome!

Me three haha. I think its going to be one of my favorite parts of next episode. With this episode, my fave part was Klaus in Alaric's body at the very end talking to Katherine. I dont think she is going to die, atleast not yet, i have a feeling klaus will want to toy with katherine.

I think he's going to use Katherine in the sacrifice anyway, after all, she's a vampire.

And I can't wait to see Bonnie fight against Klaus!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeland8

[42]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 10

The episode was... well, ok. It just made me realise once again how many unnecessary characters are there. For example Jonathan - well, he appears only from time to time, but I could see him less (and Isobel as well).Or at least give him less pathetic speeches.

As for the regular cast - of course Jenna and Matt. What are they still doing there? And Matt is totally ruining the new cool Caroline, uh. Leave her alone already. Her scenes in this episode were the weakest because of all this 'Im looking for him everywhere' and 'because I love you blah-blah'. I've even started to like Bonnie - but those two... Still don't understand why they are still in the show.

But at least Damon is back to his rough self.

Edited on 04/09/2011 3:50pm

Gridje

[43]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 11

meee223 wrote:

Just re-watched that part online but not sure how Caroline's mom would suspect her daughter was a vampire since in a previous episode Caroline made her forget. However, her mum did thank Matt for telling her things "last night". So, in an earlier scene, after Matt confronts Caroline's mom demanding to see the files on the death of his sister, is there supposedly an unshown scene where Matt told Caroline's mom about her daughter being a vampire even though he told Caroline in their confrontation in the house that he didn't say anything to her mom?

She didn't thank him for telling her things last night, she was thanking him for telling her what happened last night. So she means, telling her about how Caroline told matt about being a Vampire.

meee223

[44]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 8

Gridje wrote:

meee223 wrote:

Just re-watched that part online but not sure how Caroline's mom would suspect her daughter was a vampire since in a previous episode Caroline made her forget. However, her mum did thank Matt for telling her things "last night". So, in an earlier scene, after Matt confronts Caroline's mom demanding to see the files on the death of his sister, is there supposedly an unshown scene where Matt told Caroline's mom about her daughter being a vampire even though he told Caroline in their confrontation in the house that he didn't say anything to her mom?

She didn't thank him for telling her things last night, she was thanking him for telling her what happened last night. So she means, telling her about how Caroline told matt about being a Vampire.

That's what I meant. So there was a scene not filmed, but off camera and understood, where Matt tell's Caroline's mom about her daughter being a vampire.

gamrgrl007

[45]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 10
    meee223 wrote:

Gridje wrote:

meee223 wrote:

That's what I meant. So there was a scene not filmed, but off camera and understood, where Matt tell's Caroline's mom about her daughter being a vampire.

He presumably tells her after she slams him against the bonnet of the cop car around the 24 minute mark. I don't think it required a scene per se, it'd just be a lot of descriptive dialogue from Matt, and no one needs to see that

ionee24

[46]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 32

angeland8 wrote:

The episode was... well, ok. It just made me realise once again how many unnecessary characters are there. For example Jonathan - well, he appears only from time to time, but I could see him less (and Isobel as well).Or at least give him less pathetic speeches.

Sad but true, TVD isn't Lost so if they are not going to develop every character like Lost did then: Why the hell do they keep them around like this?

After all, they are only going to send them away the minute things start to get interesting like they did with Jenna, Tyler and Bonnie so, if I'm only going to get development off camera, then I might as well watch American Idol instead.

Edited on 04/11/2011 10:30am

alirk

[47]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 22

ionee24 wrote:

if I'm only going to get development off camera, then I might as well watch American Idol instead.

lol...so true!

smegmag

[48]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 4
    Kitanishi wrote:
    kyubi256 wrote:

2. Klaus is either messing with them, or he actually needs to take on another body because he is sort of like a spirit... Sort of like Sauron

Or, Klaus is paranoid to the level that he never leaves wherever he is and uses the proxy bodies to do his work. Thats why no one ever saw his face or met him. The guy in photos of Ep19 was the previous body or something.

Also: So, Klaus is First Evil? Will we see Klaus-Katherine talking to Elena on how she can't win only to get pwnd too? Oh wait, its more like Glory, with one body two people thingie...Now all we need is for Elena to sacrifice herself in the end of season and for Bonnie to go evil and power-hungry. Or wait! Klaus will possess Stefan and Elena will have to kill him! and then she will leave town till next season !

EDIT: Anyone else notice on how Elena seems to be piling up a pile of chekov's guns in her possession:
    First she got that nifty strange possibly mystical Gilbert Bracelet from John.
    Now she got Isobel's anti-sun necklace.

Why is the necklace so valuable since friend Bonnie can apparently make them at will--didn't she make a ring for baby-vamp Caroline?

smegmag

[49]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 4
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    haldrey wrote:
    Just waiting to see Bonnie in action.
    Me too. Bonnie vs Alaric its bound to be awesome!

Me three haha. I think its going to be one of my favorite parts of next episode. With this episode, my fave part was Klaus in Alaric's body at the very end talking to Katherine. I dont think she is going to die, atleast not yet, i have a feeling klaus will want to toy with katherine.

He'll probably sacrifice her in the ritual. She escaped it five hundred years ago... I'm sure he won't let it happen again. Katherine thought that turning into a vamp would keep her from getting sacrificed, but they need one of those too!

Finally, Alaric can be interesting (possessed by Klaus). Does anyone think Katherine will survive this season. I hope so at least she's fun. Also a question, re Isobel's self-immolation--did she commit suicide out of guilt for all she'd done or was that her final "compelled" act?

Kitanishi

[50]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 9
    smegmag wrote:

Finally, Alaric can be interesting (possessed by Klaus). Does anyone think Katherine will survive this season. I hope so at least she's fun. Also a question, re Isobel's self-immolation--did she commit suicide out of guilt for all she'd done or was that her final "compelled" act?

The only way I see Katherine living past this season is if Elena goes missing at end of season and Kat has to impersonate her.

As for isobel - its left up to viewers to decide

vanbrat

[51]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 9

All I wanna know is why they keep killing these cool, interesting characters but Jeremy's butt is still alive. They really need to do something to make him worth watching, cuz being a Scooby Gang groupie just ain't cutting it. Tongue out

danharr

[52]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 45

Good episode glad Isobel is gone by now she was just overly complicating things and nice to see Klaus is a body thief which means no matter what they do to Alric Klaus will be back for more stories.