The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Episode Discussion 2.18: "The Last Dance"

MacAttac

[1]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 9

DANCING WITH DANGER — As the high school prepares to throw a "1960s Decade Dance," Elena starts receiving disturbing messages from Klaus via an unusual source. Bonnie tries to reassure Jeremy that she is strong enough to help Elena, but a worried Jeremy asks Stefan for advice. Caroline talks Matt into taking her to the dance. Expecting Klaus to show up at the dance, Damon and Alaric attend as chaperones, but Klaus is playing a complicated game that keeps them on edge. Finally, Damon comes up with a new plan of action that shocks and upsets everyone.

Edited on 03/23/2011 7:11pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alirk

[2]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 22

Sounds really good! Can't wait!

Sovelin

[3]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 5

I bet the unusual way is through her dreams!

ionee24

[4]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 32
    MacAttac wrote:

DANCING WITH DANGER - As the high school prepares to throw a "1960s Decade Dance," Elena starts receiving disturbing messages from Klaus via an unusual source. Bonnie tries to reassure Jeremy that she is strong enough to help Elena, but a worried Jeremy asks Stefan for advice. Caroline talks Matt into taking her to the dance. Expecting Klaus to show up at the dance, Damon and Alaric attend as chaperones, but Klaus is playing a complicated game that keeps them on edge. Finally, Damon comes up with a new plan of action that shocks and upsets everyone.

Sounds exactly like last season's dance episode, all it takes it's for Alaric & Damon to repeat costumes and for Pearl to appear instead of Klaus.

Ha! Elijah would totally be Anna, he even stalked Jenna like Anna used to stalk Jeremy last year.

jstitely1

[5]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 12

ionee24 wrote:
    MacAttac wrote:

DANCING WITH DANGER - As the high school prepares to throw a "1960s Decade Dance," Elena starts receiving disturbing messages from Klaus via an unusual source. Bonnie tries to reassure Jeremy that she is strong enough to help Elena, but a worried Jeremy asks Stefan for advice. Caroline talks Matt into taking her to the dance. Expecting Klaus to show up at the dance, Damon and Alaric attend as chaperones, but Klaus is playing a complicated game that keeps them on edge. Finally, Damon comes up with a new plan of action that shocks and upsets everyone.

Ha! Elijah would totally be Anna, he even stalked Jenna like Anna used to stalk Jeremy last year.

that is true! haha, i guess the gilbert family is just a magnet for vampires to stalk.

AS for the summary, I dont think Bonnie is strong enough to defeat Klaus, this is probably going to be an episode like 2x08, where she passes out or bleeds due to not being strong enough.

ionee24

[6]Apr 3, 2011

jstitely1 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    MacAttac wrote:

Sounds exactly like last season's dance episode, all it takes it's for Alaric & Damon to repeat costumes and for Pearl to appear instead of Klaus.

that is true! haha, i guess the gilbert family is just a magnet for vampires to stalk.

AS for the summary, I dont think Bonnie is strong enough to defeat Klaus, this is probably going to be an episode like 2x08, where she passes out or bleeds due to not being strong enough.

If its anything like last year then expect Bonnie not to defeat Klaus just like she couldn't defeat Ben last season, she'll probably burn his arm in a classroom instad of an hotel room and then Damon would try to exchange this year's Grimoire a.k.a. the moonstone for Elena before Stefan saves the day.

I can already predict the season finale will feature "two shocking deaths" and "Elena in danger" yet again.

gatoraderising

[7]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 7
    ionee24 wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:
    MacAttac wrote:

If its anything like last year then expect Bonnie not to defeat Klaus just like she couldn't defeat Ben last season, she'll probably burn his arm in a classroom instad of an hotel room and then Damon would try to exchange this year's Grimoire a.k.a. the moonstone for Elena before Stefan saves the day.

I can already predict the season finale will feature "two shocking deaths" and "Elena in danger" yet again.

I agree im not seeing Bonnie being strong enough to take out Klaus. Maybe they use Tyler to take out Klaus. I doubt Klaus is expecting any werewolves to be around. Plus it would give Tyler something to do on the show lol.

ionee24

[8]Apr 4, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

I agree im not seeing Bonnie being strong enough to take out Klaus. Maybe they use Tyler to take out Klaus. I doubt Klaus is expecting any werewolves to be around. Plus it would give Tyler something to do on the show lol.

Since Klaus it's the new Katherine, I don't expect them to defeat him any time soon, the werewolves probably would be a good idea too - if the show remembers they exist to begin with - but Klaus would probably hang around until next season if not beyond: Why they even bother to introduce Elijah its beyond me, seems like they are replacing one british Original with the other.

Kitanishi

[9]Apr 4, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:

Since Klaus it's the new Katherine, I don't expect them to defeat him any time soon, the werewolves probably would be a good idea too - if the show remembers they exist to begin with - but Klaus would probably hang around until next season if not beyond: Why they even bother to introduce Elijah its beyond me, seems like they are replacing one british Original with the other.

IMO, Werewolves are there to stay too. There hints in various previous interviews that we will be seeing Werewolf Originals somewhere along the road, so I don't see them getting rid of them. Most likely, the curse will be lifted in their favor and that will be the start of some sort werewolf/vampire conflict for next season.

Elijah is plot exposition character. He is only one old enough to know anything about Klaus,at all, not to mention that it introduces possible factions within Originals, possibly hinting at some sort of Original power struggle once/if Klaus is gone.

(that and I would take one Elijah over million of Jennas anyday)

ionee24

[10]Apr 4, 2011

Spoiler TV has posted the last set of promotional pictures for the episode.

If you want to be spoiled follow this link: http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/vampire-diaries-episode-218-last-dance.html

Edited on 04/04/2011 6:21pm

gatoraderising

[11]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    I didn't know that Werewolves had Originals. I kinda thought they lived a normal human life span. Would that mean that Tyler great grandpa is till alive?

ionee24

[12]Apr 5, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    I didn't know that Werewolves had Originals. I kinda thought they lived a normal human life span. Would that mean that Tyler great grandpa is till alive?
    The werewolves don't have Orginals among them, maybe one or two dopplegangers but definitely NOT Originals (I'm afraid that's just a most unfortunate speculation).

Edited on 04/05/2011 12:01pm

jstitely1

[13]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 12

ionee24 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    The werewolves don't have Orginals among them, maybe one or two dopplegangers but definitely NOT Originals (I'm afraid that's just a most unfortunate speculation).

Were wolves most likely have an equivalant to the vampire originals, it just is probabaly going to be introduced a later season. the logistics of which i do not know

Kitanishi

[14]Apr 5, 2011
    jstitely1 wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:

Were wolves most likely have an equivalant to the vampire originals, it just is probabaly going to be introduced a later season. the logistics of which i do not know

This. Possibly not the same as vampire "originals", who live for thousand years, but something like original bloodline. J.Plec did say that werewolf hierarchy is similar to vampire in that you have no-know-how newbies, older ones who have better understanding on how everything works and then you have the true ones like vampire originals and their counterparts in werewolves.

So yeah, maybe not 1000000 year old werewolves, but something like "royal/purest" werewolf bloodline.

ionee24

[15]Apr 5, 2011

jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

With all due respect: that's ridiculous. The main difference between werewolves and vampires on this show is that the werewolves live a normal lifespan and there're no Original among them because, unlike vampires, they aren't "hybrids" who had to died to be turned: werewolves were born with a curse but they are all humans who grow old, have children and die.

Edited on 04/05/2011 7:28pm

CheckeredYcats

[16]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 8

ionee24 wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

With all due respect: that's ridiculous. The main difference between werewolves and vampires on this show is that the werewolves live a normal lifespan and there're no Original among them because, unlike vampires, they aren't "hybrids" who had to died to be turned: werewolves were born with a curse but they are all humans who grow old, have children and die.

Well we really have no proof that werewolves live a normal human lifespan. All the werewolves it has shown aren't that old so we don't know if they live longer or not. The only older one was Mayor Lockwood and he hadn't triggered the curse so it didn't really count.

Kitanishi

[17]Apr 5, 2011
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

Well we really have no proof that werewolves live a normal human lifespan. All the werewolves it has shown aren't that old so we don't know if they live longer or not. The only older one was Mayor Lockwood and he hadn't triggered the curse so it didn't really count.

Not to mention that we have no idea on how their curse transfers and on if werewolves like tyler, who had human mother and were-father have same level of "design" as those who fought originals thousand years ago and were "purely" supernatural like vampire originals.

Let's face it, we know nothing about Werewolves to dismiss the possibility of "true"branch, especially since i was hinted upon.

The werewolves of old might have human lifespan and pass on the "Original" gene through pureblood-offspring(that is no non-cursed humans in the family tree), the werewolves from times of originals might be immortal, while normal werewolves have human life span, heck for all we know werewolves from times of originals could even be reincarnating or something.

Discarding the possibility of some sort of werewolf type similar in PURPOSE as original vampires is ridiculous, even for story reasons as there's no way werewolves could have waged war against originals back then if werewolves are only comparable in strength to normal vampires.ESPECIALLY if Originals are virtually unkillable that it takes a powerful magical artifact or power of hundreds of death witches to down one. There should be a start from which curse originates, something there, some sort of leadership structure, tradition, the start of werewolves, hell an Alpha. All werewolves we know change into supernatural beings from humans because of curse, which is passed down through generations. Surely there should have been those who originally were supernatural beings.

Not to mention that simple genetics imply that pure-bred one should be way stronger than half-werewolf.

Overall there's nothing known to dismiss the possibility of some sort of higher-werewolf caste/race out there, while writer comments do leave a strong possibility for something equal to vampire originals in power to exist in werewolf power rankings.

Thinking that there are no "true" werewolves, just because of (possible) human lifespan of normal werewolves is the same as saying that originals are in no way related to vampires because stake does not kill them. For all we know the only thing in common the original werewolves have with normal werewolves is that they turn into wolf.
    Edited on 04/05/2011 9:29pm

ionee24

[18]Apr 6, 2011

CheckeredYcats wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

Frankly, I think that's just grasping at straws, neither George Lockwood nor Mayor Lockwood lived to the 100 years and, just like it happened with Jules's werewolves & Mason, the vampires killed them without a problem which is NOT possible with an Original without the dagger, furthermore silver doesn't work on regular werewolves on this show so, while I think it's a neat theory for a fanfic, I'd LAUGH AT THE SHOW OULOUD if it ever retcons its own premise like that: there's are no Original werewolves for a reason.

Edited on 04/06/2011 8:45am

CheckeredYcats

[19]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 8

Mayor Lockwood was NOT a werewolf. as Katherine said, the werewolf gene runs in the Lockwood family not that they're all wolves. And we don't know how George Lockwood died. For all we know Stefan could have killed him in 1864 or he could have killed himself because he was tired of transforming every month. My point is we have no proof or any real clues that let us know that werewolves live longer than an average human.