Official Episode Discussion 2.18: "The Last Dance"

ionee24

[21]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 32

CheckeredYcats wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    CheckeredYcats wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    With all due respect: that's ridiculous. The main difference between werewolves and vampires on this show is that the werewolves live a normal lifespan and there're no Original among them because, unlike vampires, they aren't "hybrids" who had to died to be turned: werewolves were born with a curse but they are all humans who grow old, have children and die.

Well we really have no proof that werewolves live a normal human lifespan. All the werewolves it has shown aren't that old so we don't know if they live longer or not. The only older one was Mayor Lockwood and he hadn't triggered the curse so it didn't really count.

Frankly, I think that's just grasping at straws, neither George Lockwood nor Mayor Lockwood lived to the 100 years and, just like it happened with Jules's werewolves & Mason, the vampires killed them without a problem which is NOT possible with an Original without the dagger, furthermore silver doesn't work on regular werewolves on this show so, while I think it's a neat theory for a fanfic, I'd LAUGH AT THE SHOW OULOUD if it ever retcons its own premise like that: there's are no Original werewolves for a reason.

Mayor Lockwood was NOT a werewolf. as Katherine said, the werewolf gene runs in the Lockwood family not that they're all wolves. And we don't know how George Lockwood died. For all we know Stefan could have killed him in 1864 or he could have killed himself because he was tired of transforming every month. My point is we have no proof or any real clues that let us know that werewolves live longer than an average human.

Mayor Lockwood was a definitely a werewolf hence why his son became one, he may not have shapeshifted under the full moon like his brother Mason, but the very reason he died it's because he responded to the Gilbert device just like a werewolf would (See Jonas Martin's spell on "Crying Wolf"). IMO, all this speculation about "werewolves Originals" has no basis whatsoever so lets get back to how many plot points "The Last Dance" rehashes from the first dance episode from last season.

Edited on 04/06/2011 7:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gamrgrl007

[22]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 10
    ionee24 wrote:

Mayor Lockwood was a definitely a werewolf hence why his son became one, he may not have shapeshifted under the full moon like his brother Mason, but the very reason he died it's because he responded to the Gilbert device just like a werewolf would (See Jonas Martin's spell on "Crying Wolf"). IMO, all this speculation about "werewolves Originals" has no basis whatsoever so lets get back to how many plot points "The Last Dance" rehashes from the first dance episode from last season.

Mason quite clearly says that the werewolf curse has to be TRIGGERED by killing someone - Mayor Lockwood probably hadn't killed someone and triggered the curse - even TYLER was sensitive to the sound BEFORE he became a werewolf - S1 Finale. They have a gene, saying that werewolves descend via bloodlines, unlike vampires, who are basically anyone 'converted' by other vampires, without requiring any bloodline heritage. So I won't say that assuming there are PURE werewolf bloodlines - where both parents and all their ancestors are werewolves - triggered or otherwise - is baseless. It may not be what happens on the show, but per se the premise of 'purebreeds' is not unusual and definitely not baseless.

gamrgrl007

[23]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 10
    Here's a behind-the-scenes vid from the episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zRwRnz-_UI

Enjoy

gatoraderising

[24]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    I wonder if Damon's plan that shock's everyone would be for Damon to pull the digger out of Elijah. They have to bring Elijah back somehow he can't stay in the brother's basement forever. Plus to really see just how powerful Klaus is we need to see a fight between Klaus and Elijah.

Kitanishi

[25]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 9
    gatoraderising wrote:
    I wonder if Damon's plan that shock's everyone would be for Damon to pull the digger out of Elijah. They have to bring Elijah back somehow he can't stay in the brother's basement forever. Plus to really see just how powerful Klaus is we need to see a fight between Klaus and Elijah.

I think its kind of common knowledge that such plan would be
    ***SPOILER***
    It does not really fit someone like damon Damon most likely offers something more mundane: for example of needing to kill alaric(his friend) in order to stop klaus or something.
    Edited on 04/11/2011 9:18am

ionee24

[26]Apr 11, 2011
    Kitanishi wrote:
    ***SPOILER***
    It does not really fit someone like damon Damon most likely offers something more mundane: for example of needing to kill alaric(his friend) in order to stop klaus or something.

Considering it's just like Elena to do such a stupid thing like that then I guess Elijah could be unleashed by the season finale.

Kitanishi

[27]Apr 11, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    ***SPOILER***

Considering it's just like Elena to do such a stupid thing like that then I guess Elijah could be unleashed by the season finale.

1. Its not stupid. Its risky, but such situations take risks. They need allies, they need knowledge on Klaus, they need the dagger, they need less enemies. Especially if bonnie is unable to do any real damage to Klaus in this episode. NO one says that it will only turn into good things, but Elena, imo, out of all of them IS the smartest one, when she is not bothered by petty things like emotions, stress, romance or her martyr complex...And so far she had the most effective things done her way(example: trapping elijah the second time)
    2. Someone has to tell the flashback in episode 19, my bet its
    ***SPOILER***
    who is telling the whole story from his POV there.

gatoraderising

[28]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 7
    For Bonnie to be able to kill Klaus two thing's are going to have to happen 1) Klaus is going to have to do the ritual to break the curse. So he's weak right after which was the only way Elijah thought he could kill him. 2) Bonnie going to have to use all her power and die from it.

I don't see the brother's or Elena letting Bonnie do that, so their only other mean's for killing Klaus would be the dragger. Which to get the dagger would mean Elijah would come back to life. Maybe not their only mean's to Klaus would be the dagger Tyler alway's a option.

They have to bring Elijah back sometime and it could be Damon's idea to do it or not.

jstitely1

[29]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 12

Kitanishi wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    ***SPOILER***
    1. Its not stupid. Its risky, but such situations take risks. They need allies, they need knowledge on Klaus, they need the dagger, they need less enemies. Especially if bonnie is unable to do any real damage to Klaus in this episode. NO one says that it will only turn into good things, but Elena, imo, out of all of them IS the smartest one, when she is not bothered by petty things like emotions, stress, romance or her martyr complex...And so far she had the most effective things done her way(example: trapping elijah the second time) 2. Someone has to tell the flashback in episode 19, my bet its
    ***SPOILER***
    who is telling the whole story from his POV there.

I think katherine will be the one to tell the flashback in episode 19, for all we know klaus could be rehasing how they met as well if she is still captured then

ionee24

[30]Apr 11, 2011

Kitanishi wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Kitanishi wrote:
    ***SPOILER***
    1. Its not stupid. Its risky, but such situations take risks. They need allies ...

Last time I checked, Elijah wasn't one of those. If he had no intentions to help before they stabbed him, got the Martins killed and/or released Klaus on the unsuspecting Originals population then my guess would be that he would be even more reluctant to help them out now: Elena is either stupid or suicidal to, on top of it all, pretend Elijah would help her now that she broke every deal she had going on with the man.

The best she could hope for it's for Elijah to kill her friends only after he kills her.

Edited on 04/11/2011 12:41pm

ionee24

[31]Apr 11, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    For Bonnie to be able to kill Klaus two thing's are going to have to happen 1) Klaus is going to have to do the ritual to break the curse. So he's weak right after which was the only way Elijah thought he could kill him. 2) Bonnie going to have to use all her power and die from it.

I don't see the brother's or Elena letting Bonnie do that, so their only other mean's for killing Klaus would be the dragger...

For one, I see Jeremy sacrificing his girlfriend to save his sister because the show is screwed up like that, not to mention he has already done that when it was Vicky or Anna instead of Bonnie. At this point, no one is watching Bonnie's back and it's her sole responsibility to protect the whole town so, if she must die to defeat Klaus, then she will do everything in her power to accomplish just that.

However Damon is bound to protect the Bennett line, I don't think he'll move a finger to save Bonnie either so what she needs to do is to find Klaus at his most vulnerable and, right before he completes the ritual, save the vampire, the doppleganger and the werewolf that must be sacrificed: In the end, it all depends on Bonnie.

darkbender24

[32]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 12

Does elijah know about the effects of the dagger? If he doesnt im willing to bet that if elena does free elijah she will end up tricking him into stabbing klaus with it, which will end up killing both of them. Thats the only way i could see her helping him because if he lives past the finale then he is definetly going to want to kill elenas friends.

nvazquez417

[33]Apr 11, 2011
    • level: 1

I think Damon's new plan that no one likes is that he forces Elena to drink his blood, that way Klaus won't be able to kill her with out turning her into a vampire!

ionee24

[34]Apr 12, 2011

nvazquez417 wrote:
    I think Damon's new plan that no one likes is that he forces Elena to drink his blood, that way Klaus won't be able to kill her with out turning her into a vampire!
    How exciting ...NOT! So Elena is going to be a cop out for Caroline now? Because I'd rather have the original Vampire Barbie plot with Tyler and the werewolves instead.

ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

I don't see the brother's or Elena letting Bonnie do that, so their only other mean's for killing Klaus would be the dragger...

For one, I see Jeremy sacrificing his girlfriend to save his sister because the show is screwed up like that, not to mention he has already done that when it was Vicky or Anna instead of Bonnie. At this point, no one is watching Bonnie's back and it's her sole responsibility to protect the whole town so, if she must die to defeat Klaus, then she will do everything in her power to accomplish just that.

However Damon is bound to protect the Bennett line, I don't think he'll move a finger to save Bonnie either so what she needs to do is to find Klaus at his most vulnerable and, right before he completes the ritual, save the vampire, the doppleganger and the werewolf that must be sacrificed: In the end, it all depends on Bonnie.

darkbender24 wrote:
    Does elijah know about the effects of the dagger? If he doesnt im willing to bet that if elena does free elijah she will end up tricking him into stabbing klaus with it, which will end up killing both of them. Thats the only way i could see her helping him because if he lives past the finale then he is definetly going to want to kill elenas friends.

It was well established that all the Originals knew the effects of the dagger because they believed in honor, so vampire against vampire was an introduction half-breeds with no honor, like the Salvatore or Katherine, introduced. Since Elejan saw Elena wield the dagger, and she was as dumb as to tell him Stefan & Damon were on her side, then Elijah must have known Alaric wield it at the dinner party, because the half-breed were too cowards to sacrifice themselves to kill an Original like Klaus.

Edited on 04/12/2011 8:32am

MacAttac

[35]Apr 12, 2011

:

No. That deal was null and void when Emily had Bonnie destroy the crystal. Which is why he tried to kill Bonnie afterwards.

However, Bonnie has saved his and Stefan's lives how many times now? He definitely owes her now, but I am positive he will have no problem sacrificing Bonnie's life to save Elena.

Edited on 04/12/2011 5:08pm

CheckeredYcats

[36]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Well, apparently someone else is going to die in this episode. And it's not Alaric cause he's in photos for the next few episodes. And Andie is in photos from "Klaus". I'm thinking it's going to be Matt because he's not mentioned after this episode and Tyler might get the call that he died. After all he was his best friend and I think he would go to his funeral.

CheckeredYcats

[37]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 8

CheckeredYcats wrote:

Well, apparently someone else is going to die in this episode. And it's not Alaric cause he's in photos for the next few episodes. And Andie is in photos from "Klaus". I'm thinking it's going to be Matt because he's not mentioned after this episode and Tyler might get the call that he died. After all he was his best friend and I think he would go to his funeral.

Scratch that, he's in The Last Day. Most likely Katherine since she is being tortured by Klaus in this epi. I could be wrong. I'm just guessing.

Kitanishi

[38]Apr 12, 2011
    CheckeredYcats wrote:

CheckeredYcats wrote:

Scratch that, he's in The Last Day. Most likely Katherine since she is being tortured by Klaus in this epi. I could be wrong. I'm just guessing.

YOu see, it does NOT matter that character is in photos or that he has been filming after.

We are talking about the show where vampires can send others dreams, with whatever content they want.

I would not trust those things too much in this show ;]

EDIT:

Also, according to newest spoilers
    ***SPOILER***
    Edited on 04/12/2011 7:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.