TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Episode Discussion 2.18: "The Last Dance"

MacAttac

[61]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 9

DegrassiFan619 wrote:
    @Cortez: That was Katherine.. At least I'm 99% sure it was. >_>

No. It was Elena. Katherine can NOT come into the SB without an invitation anymore Also, Katherine is still in Klaus's possesion.

Edited on 04/14/2011 8:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DegrassiFan619

[62]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    Yeah, I just realized that after watching "Know Thy Enemy". Had no clue it came on last week.. I assumed TVD would return the same week as 90210/Supernatural.

CheckeredYcats

[63]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 8

I thought this episode was really good. I'm disappointed in Carline's role in the last two episodes though. She was the weakest part of this episode which is pretty sad, she's been awesome all season, now she's getting boring... I think it's Matt. He makes her boring... they should kill him.

KingofIPirates

[64]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 32
    Decent episode the Alaric plotline was pretty much the only entertaining part as the rest of the storyline felt mundane and vapid throughout. Was also expecting a bit more from the showdown with Alaric and Bonnie as I'm sure more could've been done in the special effects department.

Ingelief

[65]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 7

i think the episode was ok. seen better once. No one notice that alaric wasnt alaric strange.. and i missed caroline in it. Im curius what her mother is going to do, is she going to be on there side, or is she needing to forget again..

what about the werewolfs? did not see them for a long time?

I still dont believe bonnie is strong enough, because she is a witch not that long, and other witches did not kill claus ever.. so why can she? i know alot of power but he al centurys other witches could collect that too?

And what is going to happen to alarics body is claus leaving him now everybody knows? he will be in some pain with what bonnie did

toridiva

[66]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 3
    Something tells me that Katherine was "playing" with Klaus/Alaric. I remember when she first returned, they tried to use Vervain on her but it didn't affect her(which is why Stefan had been drinking it, little by little to get strength)

So isn't it quite possible she is doing like Matt, and pretending to be compelled...

Kitanishi

[67]Apr 15, 2011
    I am...disappointed.

NO one died.
    Nothing changed.
    Klaus/BOnnie fight was weak.
    Stefan was stefan.
    Damon was damon.
    Elena was elena.
    Jeremy was as usually jerk.
    Bonnie was as usually annoying and overconfident. I damn hope we will get a dark side story for her latter on to justify her character. Otherwise having a character be like Season 6 Willow, but without magic drugs is...stupid.
    Plot was boring.
    Klaus/Alaric acting was only decent.
    Nothing "game-changing" happened.

If all other 4 "game-changing" episodes are as weak as this.....i am even more disappointed.
    Edited on 04/15/2011 1:26am

lanzie_rulz

[68]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 11

What happened to Alaric? Someone mentioned he died, but I didn't see anything to confirm that - he just kind of disappeared.

I have to admit I was convinced it was Katherine at the end - I completely forgot she wouldn't be able to enter.

Also, with her possibly faking being compelled because of the vervain - that's fair enough, but doesn't it get out of your system pretty quickly? Even if she started off faking it wouldn't last too long.

wyatt333

[69]Apr 15, 2011

i dont think Katherine was 'playing' with Klaus, i dont think vervain would work on an origional like that as nothing else that effects normal vampires seems to work but its Katherine after all. shes not defeated that easily, i think she has to something up her sleeve or her character just got really boring. shes faught this long, been sneeky n manipulative the whole time, she cant just give up now...

so happy bonnie didnt die, kinda guessed after it happened that she would have come up with some sort of plan. it was just too easy

loved when Elena slapped Damon, showed she had some fight in her but awww feel sorry that he always has to play the bad guy to get whats necessary done.

i also thought it was Katherine to start with aswell... (i dunno Elenas walk had the Katherine confidence/sneekyness about it) guess katherines influence is seeping in

o yeah and caroline was boring in this ep but im guessing thats building up to something more interesting

gamrgrl007

[70]Apr 15, 2011

Kitanishi wrote:
    I am...disappointed. NO one died. Nothing changed. Klaus/BOnnie fight was weak. Stefan was stefan. Damon was damon. Elena was elena. Jeremy was as usually jerk. Bonnie was as usually annoying and overconfident. I damn hope we will get a dark side story for her latter on to justify her character. Otherwise having a character be like Season 6 Willow, but without magic drugs is...stupid. Plot was boring. Klaus/Alaric acting was only decent. Nothing "game-changing" happened. If all other 4 "game-changing" episodes are as weak as this.....i am even more disappointed.

Yeah, me too. It was like a filler episode, and so many after-thought inserts:

Caroline, Matt & the Sherrif? Totally gratuitous, and Caroline didn't even get in on the Klaus action.

BTW, have to ask, does Caroline even know about this Klaus business? I just cannot remember.

Jeremy? Again. Stop flashing the ring, bro. We know you got it, keep it! And take a vacation. And yeah, your g/f DOES look better with Damon.

Stefan needs to STFU with his completely-useless concern for Elena. Do something more than make coffee for her while being all misty eyed about her dead BFF while knowing that he had no problem with the mess since Elena was still alive while blaming his brother for -get this- NOT SHARING that he was actually doing something constructive about the situation. He's the most ineffective 'hero' character ever *AND* the most righteous. GAH.

Bonnie needs to stop the Stefan act and become badass - do what you gotta do, Power Lady! Kill Klaus for general good, not just to save ninny Elena who ran (I supposed to fetch Stefan, hahahahahaha) when you asked her to!

Damon, well, becomes cool momentarily with the whole Bonnie business only to fall back over and hit his head after slipping on his drool after Elena handed him a backhanded apology.

Elena in the end - being selfish again. Nothing new there.

At least Elijah is back in business. Bring him on!

MacAttac wrote:

WOW!!! Bonnie killed it tonight, and she is wielding some serious power. I am glad she is okay.

As far as Damon's confession, I am not surprised by that at all.

Bonnie is okay because Damon thought of Plan B. The way she charged in, all guns blazing, she'd have been toast in five because it's obvious that she's not strong - or at the very least, clever - enough to kill Klaus+Witch combo. It's one thing to be competent, but you have to use the powers cleverly too. That's the biggest problem with Bonnie - she's too busy trying to be a heroine to be practical.

As for Damon's confession, every key character on the show would make the same choice, but ONLY Damon has the guts to say it out loud. Do a spot quiz with Stefan / Jeremy / Jenna / Real Alaric / Matt / Bonnie herself - Elena or Bonnie, all or nothing, and let's see how that poll goes. My only guess is that Caroline might be an exception.

And with everyone spewing about finding "another way" to do things? CRAP. The person, who instead of blah-blah-blahing about it, actually FOUND THE OTHER WAY to save Bonnie was *OMGWTFHAPPENEDHERE* Damon *not* Elena / Jeremy (haha) / Stefan (hahahaha).

The irony.

jstitely1

[71]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 12

I really liked this episode, but the only thought I had the end, was elijah is back!

gamrgrl007

[72]Apr 15, 2011
    jstitely1 wrote:

I really liked this episode, but the only thought I had the end, was elijah is back!

I think Elijah's the most fun badass characters this show has ever had, except for Kat. I really hope he makes it to S3 Oh, and the way he whips his hair - epic LOL

Alaric/Klaus didn't do anything for me - neither cool nor hot nor badass - don't know if it was bad acting or just lame. Hopefully the real chap will be better.

Kitanishi

[73]Apr 15, 2011
    gamrgrl007 wrote:

Alaric/Klaus didn't do anything for me - neither cool nor hot nor badass - don't know if it was bad acting or just lame. Hopefully the real chap will be better.

Acting was GREAT. Matt Davis really tried to pull his best and I have no problems with his acting of Evil Klaus.

The problem was the script. EVERYTHING and anything in this episode regarding Klaus felt like J.Plec handed the script to be written by some 19 year old intern. Katherine torture scene failed to hit the right notes of "Klaus being deranged and scary", because the whole scene was directed cheaply. Klaus at school felt like your usual horror movie shtick, the only good bit with Klaus was his "history lesson" and his "biggest baddest vampire around" line.

Then again this whole episode felt like "wait, the season has 22 episodes and not 20? Oh lets think up two episodes that do not matter at all by putting random words in the google". Thats how this episode and Rose's dreamland death episode were born.

ionee24

[74]Apr 15, 2011

gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Precisely, even if the deal wouldn't be in place BOTH Salvatore owe Bonnie by now yet they have no problems whatsoever to let her die, just like Katherine let Emily die, after they use her so heroes they are NOT.

And I'm sorry but there's nothing understandable about two over 150 year old men hiding behind one 17 year old girl in order to "protect" their girlfriend: the Salvatore are cowards, pure and simple.

I guess we will find out in this ep if they Salvatore's are going to let Bonnie die trying to protect Elena. ...

Trust me, they are using a 17 year old girl as human shield in order to "perpetuate their endless love story" with Elena: the Salvatore are that coward for none of them are going to die to get what they want, they just let everyone else do it for them. Case in point: Bonnie.

I can see ur point. Then again its not like they are forcing Bonnie to do anything. If they know that Bonnie will die if she kill's Klaus and they don't try to use the dagger or another option, then yes they are being coward's.

Just because Bonnie is brave that doesn't make the Salvatore less of a cowards: they are just cowards willing to take advantage of Bonnie's bravery, that's all.

They could be coward's or they just painted themselves in a corner with killing Elijah and his witch's and now Bonnie is really their only chance.

Not to mention they would do it all over again, at least according to Damon: he would use Bonnie as human shield and allow Alaric to get possessed and die, each and every time "Elena is in danger".

Edited on 04/15/2011 10:35am

CortezDC

[75]Apr 15, 2011
    lanzie_rulz wrote:

What happened to Alaric? Someone mentioned he died, but I didn't see anything to confirm that - he just kind of disappeared.

I have to admit I was convinced it was Katherine at the end - I completely forgot she wouldn't be able to enter.

Also, with her possibly faking being compelled because of the vervain - that's fair enough, but doesn't it get out of your system pretty quickly? Even if she started off faking it wouldn't last too long.

Yeah I thought he'd died too, but now it seems more likely that he simply left. Future episodes have him listed on the cast, so idk.

CortezDC

[76]Apr 15, 2011
    ionee24 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:

gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Precisely, even if the deal wouldn't be in place BOTH Salvatore owe Bonnie by now yet they have no problems whatsoever to let her die, just like Katherine let Emily die, after they use her so heroes they are NOT.

And I'm sorry but there's nothing understandable about two over 150 year old men hiding behind one 17 year old girl in order to "protect" their girlfriend: the Salvatore are cowards, pure and simple.

I guess we will find out in this ep if they Salvatore's are going to let Bonnie die trying to protect Elena. ...

Trust me, they are using a 17 year old girl as human shield in order to "perpetuate their endless love story" with Elena: the Salvatore are that coward for none of them are going to die to get what they want, they just let everyone else do it for them. Case in point: Bonnie.

I can see ur point. Then again its not like they are forcing Bonnie to do anything. If they know that Bonnie will die if she kill's Klaus and they don't try to use the dagger or another option, then yes they are being coward's.

Just because Bonnie is brave that doesn't make the Salvatore less of a cowards: they are just cowards willing to take advantage of Bonnie's bravery, that's all.

They could be coward's or they just painted themselves in a corner with killing Elijah and his witch's and now Bonnie is really their only chance.

Not to mention they would do it all over again, at least according to Damon: he would use Bonnie as human shield and allow Alaric to get possessed and die, each and every time "Elena is in danger".

^^ I know what you mean by this comment. When Damon admitted he'd gladly allow Bonnie to die to save Elena, I had a hard time swallowing it. While many say it was unconditional love, I found it completely stupid that he expected Elena to go: "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!" Lol. but jokes aside, I found it weird that Damon expected Elena to take this as a positive thing. I'm personally glad that Elena woke Elijah up. You're right, they've been relying on Bonnie way too much imo. And Elijah is just an awesome character anyway =)

Kitanishi

[77]Apr 15, 2011
    CortezDC wrote:
    "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!"

He did not expect that. "playing the badguy" is ok with him, as long as elena is safe.

ionee24

[78]Apr 15, 2011

CortezDC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:

^^ I know what you mean by this comment. When Damon admitted he'd gladly allow Bonnie to die to save Elena, I had a hard time swallowing it. While many say it was unconditional love, I found it completely stupid that he expected Elena to go: "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!" Lol. but jokes aside, I found it weird that Damon expected Elena to take this as a positive thing. I'm personally glad that Elena woke Elijah up. You're right, they've been relying on Bonnie way too much imo. And Elijah is just an awesome character anyway =)

It was particularly pathetic coming from a man that would quit the army and turn into a vampire to avoid death. And I do get that vampires can die, but still, his whole plan depended on Damon to get Bonnie killed, not himself. Well, at least Elijah is back on the game.

Edited on 04/15/2011 6:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dif_frent

[79]Apr 15, 2011
    The title is "The Last Dance", so let's talk about the main characters dancing.
    There's only one thing I can say: Don't they teach actors to dance at drama schools?

LilySpencer

[80]Apr 15, 2011
    • level: 4
    dif_frent wrote:
    The title is "The Last Dance", so let's talk about the main characters dancing.
    There's only one thing I can say: Don't they teach actors to dance at drama schools?

I found Damon's (Ian's) dancing quite alluring&amusing. He was having fun and I liked that