The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion 2.18: "The Last Dance"

  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [81]Apr 15, 2011
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    ionee24 wrote:


    CortezDC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    gatoraderising wrote:
    They could be coward's or they just painted themselves in a corner with killing Elijah and his witch's and now Bonnie is really their only chance.


    Not to mention they would do it all over again, at least according to Damon: he would use Bonnie as human shield and allow Alaric to get possessed and die, each and every time "Elena is in danger".


    ^^ I know what you mean by this comment. When Damon admitted he'd gladly allow Bonnie to die to save Elena, I had a hard time swallowing it. While many say it was unconditional love, I found it completely stupid that he expected Elena to go: "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!" Lol. but jokes aside, I found it weird that Damon expected Elena to take this as a positive thing. I'm personally glad that Elena woke Elijah up. You're right, they've been relying on Bonnie way too much imo. And Elijah is just an awesome character anyway =)


    It was particularly pathetic coming from a man that would quit the army and turn into a vampire to avoid death. And I do get that vampires can die, but still, his whole plan depended on Damon to get Bonnie killed, not himself. Well, at least Elijah is back on the game.



    He didn't turn into a vampire to avoid death, he turned because he was in love with Katherine. wanting to be with her he drank her blood. Then stefan, i dont want to say forced, but really tempted damon with blood after they had died to get him to turn. it had nothing to do with avoiding death as he had originally wanted to die

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [83]Apr 16, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848

    LilySpencer wrote:
    dif_frent wrote:
    The title is "The Last Dance", so let's talk about the main characters dancing. There's only one thing I can say: Don't they teach actors to dance at drama schools?
    I found Damon's (Ian's) dancing quite alluring&amusing. He was having fun and I liked that


    The dance was hardly there so there's not much to discuss I guess. Ordinary outfits and everyone looked more or less as they generally do - except Jeremy who looked like a cruise ship waiter, Bonnie whose hair looked dry, tangled and atrocious, and Caroline who looked cute (but was she the only one dressed for a costume party?)


    And the "dancing": Stefan and Elena - dead fish don't dance; Elena and Damon - groping is not dancing; Bonnie & Jeremy - hugging is not dancing; Damon & Bonnie - trade discussion while groping is not dancing; Caroline & Matt - standing is not dancing.


    And that omnipresent extra DANA who was mentioned a dozen times - what was that about?!!

    Edited on 04/16/2011 4:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angeland8

    angeland8

    [84]Apr 16, 2011
    • member since: 09/15/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 488
    Somehow they managed to make this episode boring. The whole story about Bonnie and sacrifice... Enough already. too many suicidal girls out there. And too many tears. And Klaus - oh, we don't know what he looks like. 'Alaric' was great, he almost managed to save this episode. As for Caroline - bring her back, bring back the real funny Caroline!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HappyGirl818

    HappyGirl818

    [85]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 07/31/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 981

    Not my favorite episode. It had it's strong moments that I enjoyed, but overall it was just okay. I don't know, it just seems with the finale fast approaching the episodes should be a little more....intense? This whole episode seemed to be about the fake out with Bonnie's death, and that just annoyed me. Not the fact that she didn't actually die, but just the fake out in general. It was predictable and lame, things I don't like associating with TVD. Glad Elijah's coming back, but again that too was predictable! Hopefully next week is better.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [86]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,772

    jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    CortezDC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Not to mention they would do it all over again, at least according to Damon: he would use Bonnie as human shield and allow Alaric to get possessed and die, each and every time "Elena is in danger".


    ^^ I know what you mean by this comment. When Damon admitted he'd gladly allow Bonnie to die to save Elena, I had a hard time swallowing it. While many say it was unconditional love, I found it completely stupid that he expected Elena to go: "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!" Lol. but jokes aside, I found it weird that Damon expected Elena to take this as a positive thing. I'm personally glad that Elena woke Elijah up. You're right, they've been relying on Bonnie way too much imo. And Elijah is just an awesome character anyway =)


    It was particularly pathetic coming from a man that would quit the army and turn into a vampire to avoid death. And I do get that vampires can die, but still, his whole plan depended on Damon to get Bonnie killed, not himself. Well, at least Elijah is back on the game.



    He didn't turn into a vampire to avoid death, he turned because he was in love with Katherine. wanting to be with her he drank her blood. Then stefan, i dont want to say forced, but really tempted damon with blood after they had died to get him to turn. it had nothing to do with avoiding death as he had originally wanted to die


    Funny thing is that Damon & Stefan are the only characters who are not risking their lives right now: everyone is dying to "save Elena" but them.

    Edited on 04/17/2011 12:04pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [87]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    ionee24 wrote:


    jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    CortezDC wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Not to mention they would do it all over again, at least according to Damon: he would use Bonnie as human shield and allow Alaric to get possessed and die, each and every time "Elena is in danger".


    ^^ I know what you mean by this comment. When Damon admitted he'd gladly allow Bonnie to die to save Elena, I had a hard time swallowing it. While many say it was unconditional love, I found it completely stupid that he expected Elena to go: "Golly, he would let my best friend in the whole world DIE in order to protect ME! He must LOVE ME!!!" Lol. but jokes aside, I found it weird that Damon expected Elena to take this as a positive thing. I'm personally glad that Elena woke Elijah up. You're right, they've been relying on Bonnie way too much imo. And Elijah is just an awesome character anyway =)


    It was particularly pathetic coming from a man that would quit the army and turn into a vampire to avoid death. And I do get that vampires can die, but still, his whole plan depended on Damon to get Bonnie killed, not himself. Well, at least Elijah is back on the game.



    He didn't turn into a vampire to avoid death, he turned because he was in love with Katherine. wanting to be with her he drank her blood. Then stefan, i dont want to say forced, but really tempted damon with blood after they had died to get him to turn. it had nothing to do with avoiding death as he had originally wanted to die


    Funny thing is that Damon & Stefan are the only characters who are not risking their lives right now: everyone is dying to "save Elena" but them.



    I wouldn't say that neccesarily , the second an ACTUAL serious attempt to take elena by klaus is made, im sure they will step up. until then, i do agree they are hiding behind everyone else. but when it gets more serious im sure they will step up. or atleast one of them will

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ionee24

    ionee24

    [88]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 07/05/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,772

    jstitely1 wrote:
    ionee24 wrote:
    Funny thing is that Damon & Stefan are the only characters who are not risking their lives right now: everyone is dying to "save Elena" but them.


    I wouldn't say that neccesarily , the second an ACTUAL serious attempt to take elena by klaus is made, im sure they will step up. until then, i do agree they are hiding behind everyone else. but when it gets more serious im sure they will step up. or atleast one of them will


    I'll believe it when I see it, as of now it still seems the Salvatore are reserving Bonnie to fight the actual Klaus like Elena is saving Elijah to fight the same guy.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MacAttac

    MacAttac

    [89]Apr 17, 2011
    • member since: 08/25/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,035
    :
    I'll believe it when I see it, as of now it still seems the Salvatore are reserving Bonnie to fight the actual Klaus like Elena is saving Elijah to fight the same guy.


    The only reason Damon helped "save" Bonnie is because she is the only thing standing between Klaus and Elena being sacrificed. If Bonnie had died in this ep, they would be pretty much DOOMED. They have yet to come up with an alternative plan in case Bonnie is out of commission.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Agumon1405

    Agumon1405

    [90]Apr 18, 2011
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 212

    YES! Now these are the episodes I love! The ones that keep us on the edges of our seats! The ones that are like "OMG! NO BONNIE'S DEAD *crying face*!!" And then in the next few minutes we found out "OMG! YES BONNIE WAS SMART AND FAKED HER DEATH!" These are the episodes I like to see because in these episodes, we always want more. As for "Know thy enemy", I didn't know what to think, because it was a roller coaster of "boring's" and "amazing's" but this episode, this episode was flat out brilliant! But the end didn't really make sense, I mean, did Katherine pull the knife out of Elijah or was it Elena? And, considering that the house is now in Elena's name, it would have had to be Elena because Katherine wouldn't have been able to walk in...so now it looks like they have two tricks up their sleeves: Bonnie, and Elijah...but I wonder if Elijah will be on "Team Elena" or "Team Klaus"? He's always been a rather slippery kind of guy. You just never know. Oh! Another thing I like about these episodes, is that there's always questions at the end, they always leave you wanting more...As for Matt and Caroline, I'm kind of surprised that she couldn't smell the reek of guilt just pouring off of him. I still can't get over the fact that Bonnie outsmarted Klaus and his witch...haha! some protection spell! I really hope next week's episode can cause us to experience the same emotions that this one dead...we're nearing the end, so I hope they start launching the fireworks next week, and then lead up to the big bang (no, not the hit comedy series) that this show always produces! Again I say, amazing episode!

    Edited on 04/18/2011 12:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gamrgrl007

    gamrgrl007

    [91]Apr 18, 2011
    • member since: 11/16/09
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 848

    jstitely1 wrote:
    but when it gets more serious im sure they will step up. or atleast one of them will


    Why do you say 'at least one of them will'? Which one may not?


    macattac wrote:
    The only reason Damon helped "save" Bonnie is because she is the only thing standing between Klaus and Elena being sacrificed.



    Why else would Damon bother saving Bonnie? They're not friends, in fact, they are frequently violent enemies, and the only common interest they share (and why one of them hasn't killed the other personally yet) is Elena.

    Edited on 04/18/2011 2:35am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jstitely1

    jstitely1

    [92]Apr 18, 2011
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 471

    gamrgrl007 wrote:


    jstitely1 wrote:
    but when it gets more serious im sure they will step up. or atleast one of them will


    Why do you say 'at least one of them will'? Which one may not?


    macattac wrote:
    The only reason Damon helped "save" Bonnie is because she is the only thing standing between Klaus and Elena being sacrificed.



    Why else would Damon bother saving Bonnie? They're not friends, in fact, they are frequently violent enemies, and the only common interest they share (and why one of them hasn't killed the other personally yet) is Elena.



    What I meant is that under circumstances occasionalyl one doesnt step up. like say if damon started going through another bad boy phase and decided not to care or help. or if it was a plan that stefan wouldn't agree to, so he isnt made privy to the information needed to step up and help. (like with this episode). but i do generally think both of them would step up, it was a statement just to prevent arguing about whether or not both of them would.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vanbrat

    vanbrat

    [93]Apr 18, 2011
    • member since: 12/27/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 223

    So, after Luka got killed while trying to pull the dagger out of Elijah, and his father got killed trying to avenge his death, Elena gets to pull the dagger out anyway? All so that they can have a strong ally and someone with knowledge of Klaus? Gee, imagine if they hadn't stabbed Elijah in the first place -- then they'd STILL have an ally plus two strong witches on their side. Kinda makes that whole arc obsolete, in my mind. Just sayin...


    And can they PLEASE do something with Jeremy to make him useful? Give that boy a power or something. I was so disappointed when he didn't become a vampire, at the beginning of the season. He's just drifted, ever since -- from trailing behind Tyler, to trailing behind Damon, to trailing behind Bonnie. He has no purpose.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danharr

    danharr

    [94]Apr 23, 2011
    • member since: 04/30/05
    • level: 45
    • rank: Swizzle-Bird
    • posts: 11,074

    Okay episode Alric/Klaus was the only real good thing going on and I didn't think they'd kill Bonnie off and I suppose it's good that Elena pulled the knife since an old powerful vampire to match Klaus will be helpful.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.