The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion 2.20: "The Last Day"

toridawson

[61]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    Was it just me or did Mrs. Lockwood's fall look kind of fake.

I mean, I know it's a tv show but the way she fell just looked ridiculously fake
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gamrgrl007

[62]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    sunnykimmy wrote:

Oh also I have a question. If the sun and the moon curse is fake why do vampires (like Katherine this episode) burn in the sun and werewolves only turn on a full moon?

Yeah, good point... some help, anyone?

Kitanishi

[63]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 9
    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

Oh also I have a question. If the sun and the moon curse is fake why do vampires (like Katherine this episode) burn in the sun and werewolves only turn on a full moon?

That remains to be seen. We know that witches are way way older than Vampires and that werewolves also are older than vampires but possibly not as old as witches. Then we have succubi about whom apparently no one knows, so that race might also be older than both were's and vamps.

We are just starting to delve into the mythology behind supernaturals in this show. I would not expect all answers right now.

toridawson

[64]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    WHen was a succubi announced in the show?

StrongBad456

[65]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 11

I believe it was a deleted scene really. It was in Season one and involved Matt's Mom killing a man by kissing him til he was dead. But as it was a deleted scene they probably decided not to have succubi on the show yet.

Kitanishi

[66]Apr 30, 2011
    StrongBad456 wrote:

I believe it was a deleted scene really. It was in Season one and involved Matt's Mom killing a man by kissing him til he was dead. But as it was a deleted scene they probably decided not to have succubi on the show yet.

They decided to postpone, it actually, due to Melinda Clarke getting a role in Nikita and because it felt out of place with current plot.

vanbrat

[67]Apr 30, 2011

ionee24 wrote:

If they would've thught things through - that is beyond Elena - then they migt as well have a dagger, three witches and an Original on their side by now but, strategically speaking, the Salvatore are dumb asses.

Can I hug you? Can I please just hug you?!? LOL! I've been saying the exact same thing!

MacAttac

[68]Apr 30, 2011

vanbrat wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

If they would've thught things through - that is beyond Elena - then they migt as well have a dagger, three witches and an Original on their side by now but, strategically speaking, the Salvatore are dumb asses.

Can I hug you? Can I please just hug you?!? LOL! I've been saying the exact same thing!

I absolutely agree with you!!!!

They could have had an amazing team:

Bonnie

Luka

Jonas

Elijah

Dagger

Edited on 04/30/2011 6:05pm

puppybunny1

[69]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 13

It is too bad that they turn Aunt Jenna and not Jeremy.

The writing is picking up. I hope that they pick up the pace soon. Else, it will just seem to drag.

gamrgrl007

[70]Apr 30, 2011
    MacAttac wrote:

vanbrat wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

Bonnie

Luka

Jonas

Elijah

Dagger

Salvatores + Bonnie have 1 agenda: to protect Elena. Killing Klaus is incidental.

Luka + Jonas + Elijah had 1 agenda: to kill Klaus (and save Greta). Saving Elena isn't their concern.

Till this particular eppy - 20 - Elijah did not reveal that he MAY have a way that could save Elena.

Till this particular eppy - 20 - Elijah ALSO did not reveal that the dagger was useless against Klaus.

To the Salvatores, stopping Klaus involved Elena dying, and they weren't ready to negotiate on that.

Even with that so-called awesome team, they'd have failed epically since the dagger is useless, Elena may still have died with the suspect potion, and Bonnie would ALSO die trying to channel the 100 witches, and there's a 100% chance that Klaus would survive ALL of them put together since he has a cavalry of his own. This plan is just as loop-holey and lame as any of Damon's spur-of-the-moment improvisations.

ionee24

[71]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 32

sunnykimmy wrote:

Good question, problem is I don't think the writers thought this through, werepires and retconed curses may sound great in paper but when you actually implement them we find major plot holes such as this one because if it wasn't this curse then we don't know what caused it.

All we know is that "something" did.

Edited on 04/30/2011 9:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ionee24

[72]Apr 30, 2011

MacAttac wrote:

vanbrat wrote:

ionee24 wrote:

If they would've thought things through - that is beyond Elena - then they might as well have a dagger, three witches and an Original on their side by now but, strategically speaking, the Salvatore are dumb asses.

Bonnie

Luka

Jonas

Elijah

Dagger

Now all they have instead its a vampire bitten by a werewolf, the 17 year old witch bound to die by exhaustion, two corpses who's last name was Martin and the Original werepire's brother.

Edited on 04/30/2011 8:59pm
    Edited 2 total times.

MacAttac

[73]Apr 30, 2011
    :
    Even with that so-called awesome team, they'd have failed epically since the dagger is useless, Elena may still have died with the suspect potion, and Bonnie would ALSO die trying to channel the 100 witches, and there's a 100% chance that Klaus would survive ALL of them put together since he has a cavalry of his own. This plan is just as loop-holey and lame as any of Damon's spur-of-the-moment improvisations.
    Atleast with this team they would have a better shot. As far as the dagger is concerned, it can be used to kill somebody(Greta maybe?).

johnmarlena422

[74]May 1, 2011
    • level: 16
    gamrgrl007 wrote:
    sunnykimmy wrote:

I thought Elijah had said during his history lesson to Elena, that it was actually Klaus that did the whole "sun and moon curse" so that he could have all the vampires and werewolves searching for what he needed to perform the ritual to break the curse on Klaus himself. Not to say that the sun and moon thing wasn't a curse just not THE curse Klaus needed to break, more so a clever way to get everyone else to do his dirty work lol

ionee24

[75]May 1, 2011

No he didn't, Elijah only said that Klaus had lied about the curse in order to get every werewolf and vampire in the globe searching for the ingredients he needed.

Up until today what really bound vampires and werewolves remains a plot hole.

Edited on 05/01/2011 10:06am

johnmarlena422

[76]May 1, 2011
    • level: 16
    ionee24 wrote:

No he didn't, Elijah only said that Klaus had lied about the curse in order to get every werewolf and vampire in the globe searching for the ingredients he needed.

Up until today what really bound vampires and werewolves remains a plot hole.

Okay then my bad I guess I'll have to rewatch the scenes lol

gamrgrl007

[77]May 1, 2011
    MacAttac wrote:
    :
    Atleast with this team they would have a better shot. As far as the dagger is concerned, it can be used to kill somebody(Greta maybe?).

I don't think Greta needs any special weaponry to kill. The dagger IS useful, but only against pure Originals (and of course, ANYONE can by hurt to some extent by it given that it's a sharp object). The thing is, for any plan to work, the ideology has to match. So a lot of individually powerful characters can be useless if their intentions are counteractive as is the case right now on TVD. EVERYONE has their own agenda, even Stefan and Damon, who differ critically despite their INTENT being the same i.e. to keep Elena safe. Hence just making a power group does not ensure success; in fact that increases confusion and body count and that's precisely what's happened - Luka and his father were doing their own thing, Elijah was on his own trip, Bonnie's doing her own thing, Damon's doing his own thing, Uncle John is a loose canon, as is Katherine, and even Elena, so on. Everyone keeps secrets, and it's not fair to blame the Salvatores for going off on Elijah - if Elijah had come clean 10 eppies ago, it'd have been a whole different story.

CheckeredYcats

[78]May 1, 2011
    • level: 8

There is no way out of Elena becoming a vampire at this point. The ONLY way is if they somehow stopped the ritual, which I don't see happening. And it's not too early for her to turn; this is exactly when she turned in the books and I heard that the writers are going to start following a little closer to the books. That means vampire Elena in season 3. All the other ways to save her would still make her a vampire now that she has blood in her system.

The Gilbert ring - She would still die

Elijah's elixir - She would still die

Bonnie's spell - She would still die

All the outcomes of ways to save her would still be her coming back as a vampire because she would still technically die!