The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Official Episode Discussion 3.22: "The Departed"

Tvking00

[61]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    Wow this elena sounds like female season 1 Damon basically. Why was the authors fiired? Same reason that some Show writers should be?

She wanted the triangle to end with either DE or a polygamy of sorts. Publishers thought its way better to "capitalize on twilight's success" instead., thus they used a legal clause in her contract and fired her WHILE retaining rights to her creative works...

Wow thats messed up there messing up the show THEY should be fired.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stanmorne

[62]May 13, 2012
    • level: 6
    Kitanishi wrote:
    stanmorne wrote:
    Wow this elena sounds like female season 1 Damon basically. Why was the authors fiired? Same reason that some Show writers should be?

She wanted the triangle to end with either DE or a polygamy of sorts. Publishers thought its way better to "capitalize on twilight's success" instead., thus they used a legal clause in her contract and fired her WHILE retaining rights to her creative works...

Wow interesting, can't believe the business world can be that cruel for a writer to not have a say in her own book! Now the ending in the book is screwed to make money sad

KamakaLo

[63]May 14, 2012
    • level: 22
    How did the publishers have more say over the author? ... like twilight really? what a joke @@ do you think the show will do the same thing? and if Damon is really killed in the books well then its not worth reading imo.

angelz969

[64]May 15, 2012
    • level: 9

Just wondering if Elana will really be a vampire next season of if maybe he had a one of the protection rings like maybe Jeremy's so you can't die?

ciaBrysh

[65]May 16, 2012
    • level: 2
    angelz969 wrote:

Just wondering if Elana will really be a vampire next season of if maybe he had a one of the protection rings like maybe Jeremy's so you can't die?

Elena will be a vampire next season according to Julie Plec

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[66]May 16, 2012
    • level: 13
    ciaBrysh wrote:
    angelz969 wrote:

I guess if she becomes a vampire next season, the writers of the show will wait for the next movie from the "Twilight" series to get new ideas.

randomjean

[67]May 20, 2012
    • level: 8

Just wondering.. what happen Tyler's spirit? Is it still in his body?

Kitanishi

[68]May 20, 2012
    • level: 9
    MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    ciaBrysh wrote:
    angelz969 wrote:

I guess if she becomes a vampire next season, the writers of the show will wait for the next movie from the "Twilight" series to get new ideas.

No. We already know that the next season is all about brothers feeling guilty over what happened "to such a nice caring great girl" because of them and searching for a way to unturn her into human. Hello even bigger trainwreck. Elena should have been turned in the end of first season.

Don_Moltisanti

[69]May 24, 2012
    • level: 12
    Can anyone explain why Stefan just didnt unhook her seat belt or Elena for thAt matter she was still awake during it all. lol.

jstitely1

[70]May 24, 2012

Don_Moltisanti wrote:
    Can anyone explain why Stefan just didnt unhook her seat belt or Elena for thAt matter she was still awake during it all. lol.

That's what i thought. or Why he wasnt strong or fast enough to get both her and matt out at the same time?

Edited on 05/24/2012 3:00pm

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[71]May 25, 2012
    jstitely1 wrote:

Don_Moltisanti wrote:

That's what i thought. or Why he wasnt strong or fast enough to get both her and matt out at the same time?

Exactly!!! I was saying to myself the whole time, use your vampire strength to break the strap and let Elena swim up by herself. That scene was done poorly just to let her die so that she can come back next season as a vamp. SMH

jstitely1

[72]May 25, 2012

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

Don_Moltisanti wrote:

Exactly!!! I was saying to myself the whole time, use your vampire strength to break the strap and let Elena swim up by herself. That scene was done poorly just to let her die so that she can come back next season as a vamp. SMH

Exactly if you wanted her to die but not matt, you could've made Rebekah go in and save matt to leave her there. When they chose for

Stefan to go in there to get them out, he would've saved Elena instead of letting her die, so it just made the whole scene so forced.

sunnykimmy

[73]May 28, 2012
    • level: 7

OK, I love this show. I really don't know what everyone else is talking about. OK, maybe I do. So there were a few episodes this season that could have been better. But no show is perfect (except for maybe Friends) and this show has set high standards for itself. So even when it doesn't meet those standards, it is a lot better than your average show. Example of another show like that? Supernatural (it has it's own level of awesomeness). Anyway, I love Caroline and Tyler and their relationship and I'm definitely curious to know where that will go. I like the love triangle, although I wish the writers would make Elena grow a brain, liked they seemed to be doing at some point during the season. Seriously, what girl dates a guy, who starts killing people and still looks at him with that same love filled, he's exhaling rainbows, butterflies and gold- gaze.

I was seriously bummed that she still managed to pick Stefan over Damon, but like Damon said: "You know what else is her call? Everything bad ever." Amen to that, Damon. I also can't wait for the fallout that's sure to follow when Damon realizes that Stefan saved Matt first just because Elena told him to. We all know Damon would have done what he thought was best, which would have been to save Elena first, and I really can't fault him for that.

I think (and hope) season 4 will be juicy. I think this show has been great so far, with a few flaws here and there. The acting is great, although Vamp-Elena better go through an as epicmetamorphosis as Caroline did, and I have faith that she will. I'm hoping she'll come close to killing a few folks, that there will be a lot of vamp powers- involving arguments between Elena and the boys, think Caroline throwing Damon around a few times. There will be Klaus trying to fool Caroline into thinking he's Tyler. (I'm expecting Tyler/Klaus to not play dead for long, because what fun would that be.) I'm both interested in seeing what will happen if Klaus succeeds in fooling Caroline and if he doesn't. The first will lead to a beat down from Tyler, when he as his body back, the second will probably lead to a beat down from Caroline, you know, as far as you can really beat up an original. On your own. Without dying. So yeah, juicy.

sunnykimmy

[74]May 28, 2012
    • level: 7

jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

Don_Moltisanti wrote:

Exactly if you wanted her to die but not matt, you could've made Rebekah go in and save matt to leave her there. When they chose for

Stefan to go in there to get them out, he would've saved Elena instead of letting her die, so it just made the whole scene so forced.

Oooh I just saw this. YES, I agree, why didn't he just remove Elena'sseat belt?And why can't he carry two people or swim faster? He's a vampire for crying out loud. Or here's a thought, he could have just lifted the car with everyone in it *snickers (The same went for her parents' car accident).Instead they spent like 3 minutes arguing under water like a bunch of idiots. Good job Elena for using up the last of your strength on an underwater argument. And good job Stefan, wasting your time listening to Elena at that exact moment. Damon is going to kill you...several times over, then he'll move on to Elena, since he can now safely kill her without her actually dying. Good luck to both of you because Damon is not easy to deal with when he's pissed. And he'll be pissed TRUST me. (Psst,Damon, you better be spitting mad.)

They could have let her die, but it would have been better if she'd hit her head on the window and lost consciousness. That might have had water flood her system immediately or something? Is there a doctor in the house to tell me if people will breathe normally under water if they lose consciousness? (I really need to go to medical school). Or the blow to her head could have been fatal. Anyway, then they could have showed Stefan taking both Elena and Matt up at the same time, Alaric dying like he did and Stefan trying to revive Elena without luck. But then again, that would have ruined the credibility of the show since this happened before and Stefan only managed to save one person.

And Rebekah saving Matt isn't believable in my opinion because I'm certain Rebekah doesn't care that much about Matt.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[75]May 29, 2012
    sunnykimmy wrote:

jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

Don_Moltisanti wrote:

Oooh I just saw this. YES, I agree, why didn't he just remove Elena'sseat belt?And why can't he carry two people or swim faster? He's a vampire for crying out loud. Or here's a thought, he could have just lifted the car with everyone in it *snickers (The same went for her parents' car accident).Instead they spent like 3 minutes arguing under water like a bunch of idiots. Good job Elena for using up the last of your strength on an underwater argument. And good job Stefan, wasting your time listening to Elena at that exact moment. Damon is going to kill you...several times over, then he'll move on to Elena, since he can now safely kill her without her actually dying. Good luck to both of you because Damon is not easy to deal with when he's pissed. And he'll be pissed TRUST me. (Psst,Damon, you better be spitting mad.)

They could have let her die, but it would have been better if she'd hit her head on the window and lost consciousness. That might have had water flood her system immediately or something? Is there a doctor in the house to tell me if people will breathe normally under water if they lose consciousness? (I really need to go to medical school). Or the blow to her head could have been fatal. Anyway, then they could have showed Stefan taking both Elena and Matt up at the same time, Alaric dying like he did and Stefan trying to revive Elena without luck. But then again, that would have ruined the credibility of the show since this happened before and Stefan only managed to save one person.

And Rebekah saving Matt isn't believable in my opinion because I'm certain Rebekah doesn't care that much about Matt.

Yea but Matt and Rebekah had some type of chemistry as shown whenever they had scenes together. Why show that chemistry just to have Rebekah let Matt die for no reason? It would have made more sense for them both to jump in there and Rebekah pull out Matt leaving Elena ther and Stefan pull out Elena.