The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Official Episode Discussion: ''Children of the Damned''

AnilThornberry

[1]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 19

In flashbacks, Stefan and Damon recall the long-ago actions taken by townspeople including their father, Guiseppe Salvatore, and Pearl, leading to the devastating events that caused the rift in their relationship. In the present, Bonnie's date with Ben takes a frightening turn. Elena helps Stefan as he and Damon race to find the missing journal that belonged to Elena's ancestor. Stefan learns the reason behind Alaric's interest in both the journal and the town's history. Damon discovers that an old acquaintance has returned to town with an agenda he understands.

Edited on 02/04/2010 4:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AnilThornberry

[2]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 19
    Wow breathtaking as always!!! The flashbacks kept getting better and better. :O

I can't believe Damon and Stefan are enemies because of a misunderstanding. It was not Stefan's fault technically. Why did he never explain this to Damon?

Next week is the real deal. They go to the tomb. Oooo next week COME FAST!!!!!

KingofIPirates

[3]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 32
    Pretty good episode overall, got off to a great start though tapered off a bit as it progressed. Dialogue was rather satisfactory in this one as well,
    at Damon saying something to the effect of: If there's something new I haven't seen, I'll throw a dollar at it.
    Also liked it when he was choking Anna and said I give.

DegrassiFan619

[4]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    I kinda hope Elena dies, too. xD. Assuming she still has the vampire blood in her system

KingofIPirates

[5]Feb 4, 2010
    AnilThornberry wrote:
    It was not Stefan's fault technically. Why did he never explain this to Damon?
    Well he did arouse suspicions within his father by bringing up the topic so he probably blames himself for that.

charmed4eva112

[6]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 20
    I loved this episode. It was so good, I saw it twice God, the flashbacks ARE awesome!! The Damon/Elena scenes at her house were good I found. You could see that Damon really wants to trust his brother but can't. Now I'm curious to how Katherine turned the both of them, especially after she got captured. I CANNOT wait until next week. I'm half hoping Elena dies, or maybe gets bitten by Anna.

StrongBad456

[7]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 11
    Definitely a wonderful episode. I loved the flashbacks but they didn't reveal enough, like how the brothers actually get turned in Vampires. Also I thought for sure Anna and Damon were gonna team up. And I wonder, what is Anna gonna do with Elena? Maybe to feed the vampires in the tomb? Also I once again feel bad for Damon. He really wanted to trust his brother again but that'll never happen now. And Elena let him down as well. And I feel bad for Bonnie. What is Ben gonna do with her? Still, anyone else think the tomb won't be opened next week? The preview made it look like the episode will focus on Stefan trying to save Elena rather than the tomb being opened.

HappyGirl818

[8]Feb 5, 2010

StrongBad456 wrote:
    Still, anyone else think the tomb won't be opened next week? The preview made it look like the episode will focus on Stefan trying to save Elena rather than the tomb being opened.

In the episode description on my cable it says that they open the tomb next week and are surprised by what they find. But I think your right, you would think the big opening of the tomb would be paramount in the promo. So I'm guessing it won't get opened until maybe the last few seconds of the show and then they'll leave us hanging again.

Anyway, I loved this episode! It wasn't as suspenseful as ones in the past, but that's okay every episode can't be like that. I really liked the flashbacks. I felt like they gave us really good background knowledge, but I agree I want to know how the brothers were turned!

I think this episode was also important because it helped us understand Damon and his resentment toward Stefan better. Though, does anyone else not buy that he was never compelled by Katherine? I don't know that just doesn't seem plausible to me.

I'm starting to like the character of Anna more. Now that we know she just turned Ben to use him I'm thinking she could possibly actually like Jeremy for real. I mean she went to hang out with him after she already had the journal, but I don't know if anything will happen with that.

I just said this in another thread but I'll say it here too. I think Isabelle might be a vampire. After the way Alaric talked about Damon taking her body and them never being able to find her...it's a definite possibility.

Great episode! I was so annoyed when it was over because I didn't want it to end! I can't wait for next week!!

Oh and also, I'm not sure if it's because the shows finally gotten into it's groove or what, but I think Nina's doing a such better job. In the begining of the season I would get so annoyed everytime she spoke (which proved to be difficult given the fact she's the main character) but I haven't had that thought in a while which makes me glad!

StrongBad456

[9]Feb 5, 2010
    My guide doesn't go that far. It's good though that they're gonna open the tomb. I really want to see what's inside and I want Katherine to be released. If the people who open it are shocked then there could be a surprise inside or maybe nothing at all.

onetreegilmore

[10]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 3
    The Best Episode of the season so far. I love Katrin - she's so freakin' crazy

thec0mebackman

[11]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 15
    Nina does a better job at portraying Katherine than Elena, imo. she's more into it & damn sexy. haha but yeah i want Elena to become a vampire by season 2. hopefully she dies! well i'm tired of giving compliments for each episode cus pretty much it's the same thing. looks like Elena & Bonnie are missing ...the bff's. i wonder what's gonna happen to Bonnie. (i LOL'ed when she was trying to run away from that vampire guy)& i know Elena's gonna be fine though

HugzxNxKissesxo

[12]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 16
    did Katherine turn Anna into a vampire too or was it Anna's mother? i was confused

i dont understand why all these vampires harm Elena just because she reminds them of Katherine its kinda weird lol

does anyone else think Alaric's wife is still alive, but as a vampire?

Dec1964

[13]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 33

I Loved this episode, very fast moving & raised more questions.

Great Gueststars as Bianca Lawson, Kelly Hu & James Remar.

Absolutely Loved it.

Dec1964

[14]Feb 5, 2010
    • level: 33

HugzxNxKissesxo wrote:
    did Katherine turn Anna into a vampire too or was it Anna's mother? i was confused i dont understand why all these vampires harm Elena just because she reminds them of Katherine its kinda weird lol does anyone else think Alaric's wife is still alive, but as a vampire?

The Storyline in the Flashbacks needs to be fixed, because Damon & Stefan weren't Vampires when all that went down......?

StrongBad456

[15]Feb 6, 2010
    yeah, it really needs to be explained when the get turned or even who turned them. Either they get turned by someone we haven't seen or Katherine escapes, goes back, and turns them.

haldrey

[16]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    Pretty good episode, answered some questions but left more new unanswered.
    Edited on 02/06/2010 11:06am

KingofIPirates

[17]Feb 6, 2010
    StrongBad456 wrote:
    yeah, it really needs to be explained when the get turned or even who turned them. Either they get turned by someone we haven't seen or Katherine escapes, goes back, and turns them.
    Agreed, as this could lead to potentially conflicting information regarding their history.
    Edited on 02/06/2010 11:52am

HappyGirl818

[18]Feb 6, 2010
    Did anyone else notice before Damon gave Elena back to Stefan after feeding her his blood that he sort of took a sniff of her hair? lol

DuoMaxwell007

[19]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 12

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD:

Well first off if the show is anything like the books then Elena will become a vampire eventually As for how Damon and Stefan are turned. Well they killed eachpther in a sword fight and were put in the family crypt but later awakned as vampires (never explains when/how katherine got her blood in them though)

StrongBad456

[20]Feb 6, 2010
    I don't know if the TV series will go that way though. They've been changing quite a bit of things(I haven't read the books though, I've just read some things on here). That would be quite the twist though. I'd love to see it happen.