The Vampire Diaries Forums

Thursday 8:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Season 4 Thoughts, Predictions, News, Spoilers, Etc.

jstitely1

[41]Jun 11, 2012
    • level: 12

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

CherieMurphy wrote:

You'll def love the books then! (She picks Stefan!)

yeah, but i hardly consider her picking him, since the original author got fired in order to make that happen. for most people, the books end after she got fired.

The original author probably would have picked Stefan anyway.

no, her actual original want was to have it end in a polygamy of sorts, and if there had to be a choice damon. but the publishers believed stefan was the better choice. I'm curious , but is there a book forum on the vampire diaries thread?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[42]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 13
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

CherieMurphy wrote:

yeah, but i hardly consider her picking him, since the original author got fired in order to make that happen. for most people, the books end after she got fired.

no, her actual original want was to have it end in a polygamy of sorts, and if there had to be a choice damon. but the publishers believed stefan was the better choice. I'm curious , but is there a book forum on the vampire diaries thread?

I am curious about where you got the original author information?

jstitely1

[43]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 12

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

CherieMurphy wrote:

her own website. She has a blog about her work and her life, and she was the one to break the news to everybody that she had been fired and why.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[44]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

MOSTCAPABLEONE wrote:
    jstitely1 wrote:

CherieMurphy wrote:

her own website. She has a blog about her work and her life, and she was the one to break the news to everybody that she had been fired and why.

Thanks!

Kitanishi

[45]Jun 23, 2012
    • level: 9
    Justlikeheaven_ wrote:
    CherieMurphy wrote:

Please tell me someone else has read the books???? Elena did become a vampire, after drowning when she drove Matt's car off Wickery Bridge because she was being chased by... drum roll please.... KATHERINE! At the end of the book..... on second thoughts i think I'll make you read it!!

ohhhh if that is the case, and they actually follow that part by the book then i am reallly excited for that. Even though that Elena and Katherine are the same exact actress, same person and all, i like Katherine way more than Elena. Odd coming from me, since i am a big Stelena fan hha!

Except that:

1. It happened WAY BACK IN FIRST BOOK, so it would have been exciting if it happened in S1, now its way too late to make ELena into anything interesting. TV show has none of that, as Elena irritates majority of viewers and has been made into a complete and utter mary sue that never makes mistakes and only has love triangle plotlines.

2. Book Elena actually had personality and temper and one could feel sorry for the life she lost. TV show has none of that as we never even saw elena live or want normal life and her tv-show personality is as dull as dull can get

3. It was the very first turning we ever saw in the books so it was damn effective. TV show has none of that - we had how many turnings since then? 30?50?.

4. Katherine practically killing Elena gave a drive for the next book plot and perfectly explained Elena's vendetta against Katherine and determination she had to defeat her. TV show has none of that - Katherine is already not threatening and Becky is laughable.

Not to mention that book SE and DE is far superior to tv show one because Elena is not one-dimensional mary sue, Damon is not one-dimensional rapist wimp and steffie is not one-dimensional crybaby.

What's even more laughable this essentially DOES make season two and three a COMPLETE filler since they add nothing to characters(in most of cases only having ruined them), nor storyline and most of those two seasons are completely undone. I would have understood the delay if they spent time SHOWING Elena have normal life, but lolnope, did not happen.

Edited on 06/23/2012 10:54pm
    Edited 5 total times.

No1Slayerette

[46]Jun 28, 2012

I skipped the last couple of posts because I haven't read the books and don't want to be spoiled (if the writers are following them closely). I must have completely not paid attention in the last episode because I was certain Klaus was dead, but only after reading everyone's comments did I realise he's spirit is now in Tyler's body...

Anyway, I think Elena is going to become a vampire, and this will definitely cause a rift between her and Stefan. He's only just learned to control his blood lust again, and being around Elena, who, I imagine, will have her own difficulties adjusting to vampire life might be too much for him. Damon will be furious at Stefan for letting Elena die, and I imagine he'll become very over protective of her, but being a vampire and having all her emotions heightened Elena might either fall for him or rebel against him and Stefan because she is sick of being looked after.

I'm not sure how much the show can continue to do with the Originals. Klaus is pretty much useless if he can't make hybrids, so I suspect there will either be some plot hole eventually that will allow him to still make hybrids (actually, what happened to all of Elena's blood he took in Before Sunset? That might be interesting), or he will try really hard to reunite his family and repent his bad behaviour towards them (as it has been constantly said one of the major reasons Klaus made the hybrids was so that he wouldn't be lonely and so that he would have a family). That might be difficult though because I imagine he is going to be very annoyed with Rebekah for killing Elena. It'll be interesting to see what the Originals actually want/ will do now that the threat against their lives is over (although there is still that stake, which I presume is in Damon's possession, perhaps he will go after Rebekah for revenge against Elena?). Anyway, not sure what Elijah and Kol would be up to, but if we must have more of the Originals I hope there's heaps more Kol, he's the least developed Original character, and from what we've seen he can be just as fun as Rebekah.

I sort of hope Matt dies, but I doubt that will happen. I want him and Jeremy, and possibly even Bonnie, to try and continue Alaric's work on a smaller scale. I think the writers moved that whole stoyrline too fast and should have had Esther trying to kill her family at the end of season three, and saved Alaric's storyline for the fourth season. But anyway, I would like to see Matt, Jeremy and Bonnie become more torn over their alliances with vampires and how that endangers their lives and those of the ones they love. While I would like to see Bonnie go bad, I don't see why her decision to keep Klaus alive would put her on that path, but as I said I would like to see with Klaus, maybe Bonnie can go on her own solo mission and try to repent for letting Klaus live, and starts to withdraw from the group and not letting them use her for magic so often.

I don't much care for Tyler or Caroline, but I would like to see a darker side to both, so I think the more Caroline is drawn to Klaus the darker she might become, and the more angry Tyler will be so that would be interesting.

I'dwant the ramifications of Alaric outing Mayor Lockwood and Sherriff Forbes to be explored, and lots more Katherine!!!

Kitanishi

[47]Jun 29, 2012
    No1Slayerette wrote:

I skipped the last couple of posts because I haven't read the books and don't want to be spoiled (if the writers are following them closely)

They really REALLY are not following them. If they did, frankly, show would not suck so much, even if only because Elena would actually be an actual character instead of bella swan.

No1Slayerette

[48]Jun 29, 2012

Oh okay, I might consider reading the books then, I bought the first one a while back but never got around to readingit (probably because I tried reading the True Blood books after having seen the series, and the books were a bit of a let down).

Kitanishi

[49]Jun 30, 2012
    No1Slayerette wrote:

Oh okay, I might consider reading the books then, I bought the first one a while back but never got around to readingit (probably because I tried reading the True Blood books after having seen the series, and the books were a bit of a let down).

TVD Books have a weaker and harder to read writing style than the show, but better and more interesting characters, as well as better overall story flow. .

ionee24

[50]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 32
    No1Slayerette wrote:

Personally, I'd rather read the Game of Thrones books instead.

No1Slayerette

[51]Jun 30, 2012

Haha, I am! I've been finding the first one a bit of a hard slog though, I love it and all, but I think the writers of Game of Thrones did a really good job transferring the story to television. I find that because I know what is going to happen, there's less urgency for me to finish reading it.

ionee24

[52]Jul 1, 2012
    • level: 32

No1Slayerette wrote:
    ...I think the writers of Game of Thrones did a really good job transferring the story to television. I find that because I know what is going to happen, there's less urgency for me to finish reading it.
    Ironically, in this case, I feel I'm actually "reading it for the articles" because of the insight the POV provides to the characters and its development. I mean, I know how some of them died, but its neat to read how each of them thought and felt before that happened. I saw how Brienne and Jaime first met, but he what he felt and what she thought of him are completely different things. I watched Robb get married, but whom he married and why he married her for its a completely different question.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm sold: Game of Thrones instead of The Vampire Diaries.

Edited on 06/30/2012 11:16pm